Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2317403 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3376) (3377) (3378) (3379) (3380) (3381) (3382) ... (3490) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 12:33pm On Feb 25
Jodera:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

One step at a time for that Porto sha but omorr, we really need to eliminate Porto ooo.

Anyways, it's a good feeling arsenal is giving us grin
Yea... we dispatch Porto first and deal mercilessly with Barcelona.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:00pm On Feb 25
mostob:
Yea... we dispatch Porto first and deal mercilessly with Barcelona.
Hian, I don't understand you.

I thought Barca is your 2nd club? grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:50pm On Feb 25
Arteta wanted Odegaard but we the fans disagreed. To us, Maddison is way better.

Arteta went for Trossard. We blamed him for pulling out of Mudryk's deal.

When I heard the Jorginho rumour, I thought na prank until I saw the announcement.

Raya vs Ramsdale was so hot mehn. Media pulled the nationality card too. But now, nobody dey reason am again.

Although the jury is still out on Vieira and Havertz.

It may seems as if I'm supporting him but experience they say, is the best teacher. He is clearly in charge. Let him do what he wants. Has he made mistakes in the past? Yes. Is he still making mistakes? Yes. Will he make mistake in future? Probably.

Hopefully, Pep will go trophyless this season and run away. He has done enough grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:53pm On Feb 25
Jodera:
Hian, I don't understand you.

I thought Barca is your 2nd club? grin
Arsenal comes first bro. And na their fans dey troll Arsenal pass. Moreso, I never forget all those beatings of years ago. The ojoro red card they gave to VPersie is still fresh in mind. And Bayern too. It is a gradual step sha... one at a time.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:22pm On Feb 25
Exc: Jurrien Timber is back from Finland and early next week he will resume first team training will the full squad. The recent starting players have a couple of days off before the full squad including Partey, Timber and Tomiyasu engage in training. #arsenalfanaticsnews
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 3:38pm On Feb 25
mostob:
Arteta wanted Odegaard but we the fans disagreed. To us, Maddison is way better.

When I heard the Jorginho rumour, I thought na prank until I saw the announcement.

Raya vs Ramsdale was so hot mehn. Media pulled the nationality card too. But now, nobody dey reason am again.

It may seems as if I'm supporting him but experience they say, is the best teacher. He is clearly in charge. Let him do what he wants. Has he made mistakes in the past? Yes. Is he still making mistakes? Yes. Will he make mistake in future? Probably.

Hopefully, Pep will go trophyless this season and run away. He has done enough grin grin grin

But make we no lie, those guys under Tetaball would ball hard. Especially with Madison that already had experience. Mudryk environment might be affecting him too. I just feel he'd be different under us. Players heading to Balabluee side of London lately have all be underperformers. Even Caicedo.

I still imagine a Bha version of Caicedo in our middle. Guy we go ball. Especially if he played with Xhaka.

But irris what irris. So.....

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 3:43pm On Feb 25
Jodera:
1. Amazing how we're topping the Gd by this stage of the season when no be say Klopp and Pep don retire.

2. The way we've been scoring goals and set pieces is really commendable esp the first goal. Newcastle thought it's at the far post as usual only to switch it up and play it near post which caught them off guard. Smart move. If we can be switching it up like this we'll certainly be more unpredictable and dangerous. We only switched it up once against Porto and we saw the big chance it created which unfortunately Trossard missed. More of that!

3. Shout out to Jorginho. I know most of us didn't want him at first but mehnnn, he's really been good for us. His penetrative passing to break the wall, the forward passes(very instrumental to the 2nd goal) and the way he marks and read the game is top notch. There was a lot of misconception about him from "he cannot pass forward" to "he can't play without his team parking the bus". This season bar the Tottenham match he's proved to be a very very good player. Tbh, if this was the lineup we played against Porto, we would have seen at least a point. We lacked forward and half space passes which opened up the game and forced Newcastle back while we also lacked Havertz presence on that CF position to trouble their defence. Also Rice driving and progressing of balls is something Havertz isn't good at. I'm guessing this is what Arteta would do during the 2nd leg or Partey for Jorginho.

4. Havertz missed a very big chance but thankfully he scored one before that. He needs to work on his One Vs one sitters cos he misses quite a lot for a forward player. Good pressing even tho sometimes he slows the game down but then there's still hope for improvements

5. Is there anyone who felt sad when a Newcastle player cleared Esr ball off the line. Omorr I felt sad for him. We could see that he lacks sharpness yet he's still dangerous. I wonder how a sharp and fit Rowe will be. Can't wait to have him back towards this crucial end of the season.

6. Mostob, I'm sure you'll be glad with the whipping this boys did today after they heard your plea grin
Anyways, no clean sheet, the only blemish of the game. Still amazed how we played Newcastle off the park.

7. 1st in set piece goals (excluding penalties), different goalscorers, high scorelines, fluidity in our players movement, this is the arsenal I always ask for.
Last of all, Odegaard, Saka, Rice and our two CBs. You see this guy, they should be wrapped in gold. They deserve all the praise and hype they get.

Onto the next one and let's keep on applying the pressure grin

COYG!!

Hensben airmark and other Jorginho haters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:10pm On Feb 25
Jodera:
No, actually you're confusing me.

You and who follow do Jorginho?

E be like say you no read am well. I said Make Havertz shine like Jorginho so dat him work go dey speak for himself instead of needing you and spiritual eyes analysts as his defendants
I was the one who convinced you that signing Jorginho was a good deal. Remember how you lamented about the deal? Or do you have short memories?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:12pm On Feb 25
mostob:

Speak for yourself. Both of us argued about this and that of Jorginho.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 4:41pm On Feb 25
mostob:

If you see how I was laughing at this ehn grin grin
But this go sweet My belle if e happen

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:06pm On Feb 25
Shegzdave:

If you see how I was laughing at this ehn grin grin
But this go sweet My belle if e happen
grin grin
Make he dey go abeg... e don do. I think he will leave after this season if there is no trophy. Probably to PSG or Bayern. He might return to Barca sha.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:08pm On Feb 25
Spy360:

Speak for yourself. Both of us argued about this and that of Jorginho.
Ok sir
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:09pm On Feb 25
daveP:

But make we no lie, those guys under Tetaball would ball hard. Especially with Madison that already had experience. Mudryk environment might be affecting him too. I just feel he'd be different under us. Players heading to Balabluee side of London lately have all be underperformers. Even Caicedo.

I still imagine a Bha version of Caicedo in our middle. Guy we go ball. Especially if he played with Xhaka.

But irris what irris. So.....
They will ball certainly but to what level? There is injury concern too. Also, I think the manager was more sure of his choices.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 6:44pm On Feb 25
Porto FC sighs☹
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 6:47pm On Feb 25
mostob:
grin grin
Make he dey go abeg... e don do. I think he will leave after this season if there is no trophy. Probably to PSG or Bayern. He might return to Barca sha.
grin grin
Trophy or not, make him Dey go joor
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:42pm On Feb 25
Shegzdave:
grin grin Trophy or not, make him Dey go joor
grin grin grin
Make Arteta shine small.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:09pm On Feb 25
mostob:
Arsenal comes first bro. And na their fans dey troll Arsenal pass. Moreso, I never forget all those beatings of years ago. The ojoro red card they gave to VPersie is still fresh in mind. And Bayern too. It is a gradual step sha... one at a time.
Abiii... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:23pm On Feb 25
Spy360:

I was the one who convinced you that signing Jorginho was a good deal. Remember how you lamented about the deal? Or do you have short memories?
This was me accepting him even before he even kicked a ball and I've not been slating him unnecessarily the way I'm doing Havertz. Heck I even defended him last season when he played man city and co. Check out, I even posted his picture as me accepting him

Jodera:
I think I've calmed down and reach that acceptance stage.....

Welcome to Arsenal Jorginho.

New slate for you!

Hopefully, you'll surprise us positively during your stay here!!

We might have argued about him when we want to sign him but when it was confirmed (ie his signing), I accepted it in good faith.

The only person I'm against his signing from day 1 till now is Havertz and that's the only person presently I always said he should shock me.

Nothing concern me and you with Jorginho. Person wey last season I go make mouth with am for Chelsea thread naim you wan drag me for? You no serious grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:19pm On Feb 25
mostob:

Na this Odegaard Madison own sha.
I know I was Pro Odegaard over Maddie but even though I believe Maddie will still shine here if he'd come but would we have enjoyed him?
Odegaard hardly have injuries and that's one thing that's underrated aside his balling. He's always always available. Another thing is pressing, I don't know if Maddison would have been a good and effective presser like Odegaard.

As for Trossard and Mudryk, I still Dey thank Chelsea everyday for scuppering the deal Which shifted our attention to Trossard. Even if there's big possiblity that Mudryk might not flop the way he's doing at Chelsea but I doubt he'll give the type of performance Trossard is giving (which is very important for us now). Also, I doubt anyone was pissed off missing out on Mudryk when we saw it was Trossard next. I mean we all knew his quality except one moniker called Trading-God who was ranting endlessly that day

As for Raya and Ramsdale, I still feel it's Ramsdale is better sha. But we're winning and winning good so who cares? grin
Also Raya is our keeper and he's settled so he's now part of us.

Lastly make pep do comot make ground level. This ground no just level cheesy

Anyways Nice writeup cool grin

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:01pm On Feb 25
Jodera:
Na this Odegaard Madison own sha.
I know I was Pro Odegaard over Maddie but even though I believe Maddie will still shine here if he'd come but would we have enjoyed him?
Odegaard hardly have injuries and that's one thing that's underrated aside his balling. He's always always available. Another thing is pressing, I don't know if Maddison would have been a good and effective presser like Odegaard.

As for Trossard and Mudryk, I still Dey thank Chelsea everyday for scuppering the deal Which shifted our attention to Trossard. Even if there's big possiblity that Mudryk might not flop the way he's doing at Chelsea but I doubt he'll give the type of performance Trossard is giving (which is very important for us now). Also, I doubt anyone was pissed off missing out on Mudryk when we saw it was Trossard next. I mean we all knew his quality except one moniker called Trading-God who was ranting endlessly that day

As for Raya and Ramsdale, I still feel it's Ramsdale is better sha. But we're winning and winning good so who cares? grin
Also Raya is our keeper and he's settled so he's now part of us.

Lastly make pep do comot make ground level. This ground no just level cheesy

Anyways Nice writeup cool grin

grin grin He should comot asap.
People are saying Mudryk and Maddison would have performed in this system without considering the player's personal qualities. Thank God you brought it up. The injury and pressing you mentioned are spot on. I don't think Maddison would have offered those.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:22pm On Feb 26
Jodera:

This was me accepting him even before he even kicked a ball and I've not been slating him unnecessarily the way I'm doing Havertz. Heck I even defended him last season when he played man city and co. Check out, I even posted his picture as me accepting him

We might have argued about him when we want to sign him but when it was confirmed (ie his signing), I accepted it in good faith.

The only person I'm against his signing from day 1 till now is Havertz and that's the only person presently I always said he should shock me.

Nothing concern me and you with Jorginho. Person wey last season I go make mouth with am for Chelsea thread naim you wan drag me for? You no serious grin
Ok. No problem.

You will still change mouth for Havertz
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:38pm On Feb 26
Spy360:

Ok. No problem.

You will still change mouth for Havertz
I've said it that let Havertz shock me and I'll be glad if he makes me eat my words on him.

I've said it here countless times, all I'm interested in is the progress of Arsenal and that means everybody should be of great quality.

If Havertz shock me continuously, na me go be the first person to tender apology to him.

Some of these things no deh complicated. Na we deh complicated am with unnecessary ego cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:34pm On Feb 26
Ian Wright: "Jorginho for me, I don’t know if it’s because he’s like a metronome, it makes us feel like when we start to go into that area where we need to start getting through them, him being there makes me feel better than it just being Declan and Kai and Martin. Him being there for some reason gives us that something else which makes me feel more comfortable." [@IanWright0, @WrightysHouse via @tbrfootball] #arsenalfanaticsnews

And the unwanted stone shall become the cornerstone. grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:30pm On Feb 26
Jodera:

I've said it that let Havertz shock me and I'll be glad if he makes me eat my words on him.

I've said it here countless times, all I'm interested in is the progress of Arsenal and that means everybody should be of great quality.

If Havertz shock me continuously, na me go be the first person to tender apology to him.

Some of these things no deh complicated. Na we deh complicated am with unnecessary ego cheesy
So Havertz haven't shocked you yet with all his performances in his first season?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:17pm On Feb 26
Spy360:

So Havertz haven't shocked you yet with all his performances in his first season?
Lmaooo... Which performance?

He's just flowing with the team right now. He's improved from his first 2 months admittedly but that's just like improving from 2/10 to 5/10

Let him use this his present performance and play for Man u or Chelsea whether dem no go use stone pursue am cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:20pm On Feb 26
mostob:
Ian Wright: "Jorginho for me, I don’t know if it’s because he’s like a metronome, it makes us feel like when we start to go into that area where we need to start getting through them, him being there makes me feel better than it just being Declan and Kai and Martin. Him being there for some reason gives us that something else which makes me feel more comfortable." [@IanWright0, @WrightysHouse via @tbrfootball] #arsenalfanaticsnews

Aminn!! grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:24pm On Feb 26
Rio Ferdinand: "Mikel Arteta would leave Arsenal to join Man United, 100 per cent,” he told FIVE.

"No one is saying it’s happening but if Man United in a wild dream said, ‘do you know what, Erik ten Hag, thank you’ or Erik ten Hag has been poached by Bayern Munich, and he goes there, and then Man United say top of the list is Arteta, Arteta is going in and saying to the lads, ‘listen guys, it’s been emotional but I’ve got to move, I’ve got to go.’"

This guy's weed supplier needs to upgrade abeg
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:33pm On Feb 26
mostob:

Even Ian Wright is saying Jorge, Rice and Odegaard combination is the best for now and if you look at it deeply, it's true.

While Havertz can be a good pressing player especially in the defensive phase in midfield but his offensive strength is poor. He's not a ball progresor, he doesn't give creative pass, he's not press resistant.
Rice and Odegaard are Real ball progressor and press resistant as well as all good defensively. Odegaard himself is king of creative pass. While Jorginho at the base complements them with his passes from deep and line breaking pass. This is something I felt we lacked against Porto reason why we were just passing round and round their mid block cos we couldn't transition defence to attack.

Havertz as a 9 will help us in all these tough games due to his aerial presence and interplay. Even though I prefer Jesus to 9 but I'll never be sad seeing Havertz playing 9.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:35pm On Feb 26
mostob:
Rio Ferdinand: "Mikel Arteta would leave Arsenal to join Man United, 100 per cent,” he told FIVE.

"No one is saying it’s happening but if Man United in a wild dream said, ‘do you know what, Erik ten Hag, thank you’ or Erik ten Hag has been poached by Bayern Munich, and he goes there, and then Man United say top of the list is Arteta, Arteta is going in and saying to the lads, ‘listen guys, it’s been emotional but I’ve got to move, I’ve got to go.’"

This guy's weed supplier needs to upgrade abeg
Person weh no gree go Barca na Man u him go come go?

Lol, na just advert him dey try advertise Arteta to Man u and see if they can tempt him. Same thing Ferguson did to us with Van Persie grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 11:06pm On Feb 26
Jodera:

Lol, na just advert him dey try advertise Arteta to Man u and see if they can tempt him. Same thing Ferguson did to us with Van Persie grin

Haha....he's obsessed.
Arteta go Man-U. Person wey jump Man City and Barca.

The ogogoro he drank is too watery.
He need improved weed.

Arteta wey I dey see so prefer Arsenal to Man-U.
Barca may be his fav

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 12:26am On Feb 27
Jodera:
Even Ian Wright is saying Jorge, Rice and Odegaard combination is the best for now and if you look at it deeply, it's true.

While Havertz can be a good pressing player especially in the defensive phase in midfield but his offensive strength is poor. He's not a ball progresor, he doesn't give creative pass, he's not press resistant.
Rice and Odegaard are Real ball progressor and press resistant as well as all good defensively. Odegaard himself is king of creative pass. While Jorginho at the base complements them with his passes from deep and line breaking pass. This is something I felt we lacked against Porto reason why we were just passing round and round their mid block cos we couldn't transition defence to attack.

Havertz as a 9 will help us in all these tough games due to his aerial presence and interplay. Even though I prefer Jesus to 9 but I'll never be sad seeing Havertz playing 9.
A Rice -Jorginho pivot will give us the maximum control and allow us build up with efficiency. We need a profile like Havertz. A big target man that can serve as an outlet whenever we decide to bypass the press with long balls. Unfortunately, Havertz is an off the ball player. Man plays as if the ball go bite him. To compensate for this, one of the FBs will invert and form double pivot with Rice and Havertz will stay up top. Another option is for Ode to drop alongside Rice in a double pivot. Both options are kinda faulty because the position vacated by the inverted FB will be exposed, and for the second option, it is beneficial for the team if Ode stays up top. It is kind of a big dilemma but come on, no be me dey collect millions weekly to think up a solution.

At the end of the day, it is all about being unpredictable.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 12:27am On Feb 27
Jodera:

Something tells me Arteta might be another Wenger. He might just retire here. Even if he is going to leave, he will likely spend about 10 years here before leaving. Although that will depend on a lot of things.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3376) (3377) (3378) (3379) (3380) (3381) (3382) ... (3490) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: viciati(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.