Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3439) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2339801 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3436) (3437) (3438) (3439) (3440) (3441) (3442) ... (3531) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 2:46pm On Apr 10
Roland17:
Once again, someone needs to get to Raya’s ears about recognizing moments. Numerous instances yesterday, including the non-PK call where poor decisions cost or nearly cost us all 3 points.
I'm say happy it wasn't Ramsdale in a way. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ IYKYk.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:16pm On Apr 10
Jodera:

Personally it's not a penalty.

There's contact, yes but Saka was looking for contact. He went straight into the leg instead of going towards ball. That's really poor and wrong decision from him

You can't say there is contact and still say it is not a penalty. Inasmuch as there is a contact, it is a penalty. At least that's what their rule book says.

AWB conceded a penalty which to me was ridiculous against Liverpool. At the end of the day, they said there was a contact.
Remember that famous match against City in January 1st. Benardo was falling, Xhaka just slight pull his shirt and Gbam! penalty was awarded. The excuse then was that any shirt pulling inside the box is a penalty.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:19pm On Apr 10
Arizoner:
I don't like what you are doing here. Ben white missed a glorious chance in first half and nobody is talking about it including davep and mostob. Has he become a sacred cow that he's not worth criticising like saka cos he's black
Please don't pull the racism card please. There is no player that has never been criticized here. That we criticized saka doesn't mean what White did was right. Someone even mentioned it here...I guess you didn't see it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:22pm On Apr 10
daveP:

I can slot

Jesus
Trossard
Odegaard

Into that same moment and e sure me say all with take a better decision. The only person i know that will waste it is Kai. Na him set that precedent for 1v1 sha. But Saka messed up. If he wants to roll with the big boys of ucl, he needs to do better. I trust he will. At least he wasn't a ghost like the Porto game.
Make una let Kai rest abeg. The way you talk am sef...e go be like you Don see the future. Infact, Jesus would rather dribble Neuer from Bariga to Ojodu before attempting one useless shot.
There is no basis for this post abegii
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:22pm On Apr 10
raumdeuter:

The ref was wrong on the Bayern penalty and his excuse was even worse.

Claiming he didn't blow it because it was a childish error. Have we started deciding childish errors in CL now

If the report gets to UEFA he might be in trouble
The ref deserves a sanction. Letting both incidents go poor discretion. However, he can still be commended for balancing the acts.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:26pm On Apr 10
daveP:

What of Tob or mos grin grin grin

If na league game all that won't matter. Na do the needful or getat stage. Else wetin concern me with all that one.

We're lucky to have Trossard bring his boots for UCL nights.
Nah bro....I don't really like shortening names. I detest it. You can even use initial (GM) instead of 'Nelli'.

The away game go tough sha... I'm still confident. Lately, most of the matches we fell short... we're the one who pressed the self-destruct button. We eliminate these mistakes and we would be doing fine.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:27pm On Apr 10
Arizoner:
I don't like what you are doing here. Ben white missed a glorious chance in first half and nobody is talking about it including dav.ep and mos.tob. Has he become a sacred cow that he's not worth criticising like saka cos he's black
Please don't use this black or racism stuff here. We don't do that. I mean, why will a black be racial to a fellow black?

White is a defender and I hardly criticize defenders for not scoring cos right from young they don't have that composure for scoring esp CBs β€” you can see the way he rushed the shot. It would have been nice if he scored but if that was an attacker (Midfielders or forward), I would have criticized him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:30pm On Apr 10
purplekayc:

Didn't watch the match.
So no bayern fans @ the emirates?
That's not possible
Yeah, Bayern fans were sanctioned by uefa and were banned from attending our home game due to an indiscipline they caused In the previous uefa away match after being warned not to initially
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:31pm On Apr 10
raumdeuter:

Never a penalty
Yeah, I later saw the clips on it well and I agree
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:33pm On Apr 10
daveP:

What makes it worse it that left is his strong foot. Guy just lift the ball abeg. Neuer was already onto his right leg sef. No Bayern player would stop whatever decision his left kick took at that milliseconds. Argghhhhhh

Overall, the experienced players are carrying this UCL campaign while the inexperienced ones are flashing off and on or just totally off. Rem i keep saying that two teams may cancel each other but a goal from smart and quick would make the big difference

We are extremely lucky this is not the days of Aggregate away goal rules. Infact those days are still impressed on me that i feel this draw is a defeat in my head. πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‚
Lol, that's just what I'm happy about entering into the 2nd leg. No away goals, else I would have shut off our chances

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:34pm On Apr 10
mostob:
There is a reason why I ignored him. I'm tired of his baseless argument. Man just arguing and arguing. The last time I countered him about the excuse he gave that Kai missing chances was because he is not a CF, he said I should go and read every post again. SMH
Lol... Spy sometimes deh tire person.

I dunno whether he thinks all the whole arsenal fans hoping for Timber to come play Lb are dumb or we don't know what we're saying.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:43pm On Apr 10
mostob:
You can't say there is contact and still say it is not a penalty. Inasmuch as there is a contact, it is a penalty. At least that's what their rule book says.

AWB conceded a penalty which to me was ridiculous against Liverpool. At the end of the day, they said there was a contact.
Remember that famous match against City in January 1st. Benardo was falling, Xhaka just slight pull his shirt and Gbam! penalty was awarded. The excuse then was that any shirt pulling inside the box is a penalty.
That's the main reason why England ref most times never officiate high profile matches or even go to world cup.

There's contact and even "contact" demands common sense. I can't play ball one side then go the other way and barge into you then fall and then the Pk would be given. Only England that sort of thing is rampant that sometimes I wonder if they're humans or programmed robots.

It's the reason why the ref was very smart Ystdy. He didn't award a Pk against Gabriel and he also didn't award a Pk for Saka. Both demands common sense
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:51pm On Apr 10
Jodera:

That's the main reason why England ref most times never officiate high profile matches or even go to world cup.

There's contact and even "contact" demands common sense. I can't play ball one side then go the other way and barge into you then fall and then the Pk would be given. Only England that sort of thing is rampant that sometimes I wonder if they're humans or programmed robots.

It's the reason why the ref was very smart Ystdy. He didn't award a Pk against Gabriel and he also didn't award a Pk for Saka. Both demands common sense
The 'common sense' part is the koko. There are some kind of PK appeal where you as the ref will be like 'Alaye stand up, you never chop? How you go fall down with that small shove? Your muscle na for decoration?' You get?

But the refs most time decide to go by the book. And guess what, they're never consistent with that.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:59pm On Apr 10
mostob:
The 'common sense' part is the koko. There are some kind of PK appeal where you as the ref will be like 'Alaye stand up, you never chop? How you go fall down with that small shove? Your muscle na for decoration?' You get?

But the refs most time decide to go by the book. And guess what, they're never consistent with that.
Yeah, that's why the players easily con them. If they're applying common sense especially in this Var era, I believe most of these players will stop all these their theatrics.

Saka disappointed me ystdy especially knowing he's not that kinda player. But then, I believe it's nerve that worked on him and he was just looking for the cheapest way out. Unfortunately he's not in Epl
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 4:00pm On Apr 10
Spy360:

The ref deserves a sanction. Letting both incidents go poor discretion. However, he can still be commended for balancing the acts.

Which both incident? The only error was the Gabriel handball

Saka was the right call
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:12pm On Apr 10
raumdeuter:

Which both incident? The only error was the Gabriel handball

Saka was the right call
That Gabriel incidence, did his action impede any Bayern attack?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 4:19pm On Apr 10
mostob:
Nah bro....I don't really like shortening names. I detest it. You can even use initial (GM) instead of 'Nelli'.

The away game go tough sha... I'm still confident. Lately, most of the matches we fell short... we're the one who pressed the self-destruct button. We eliminate these mistakes and we would be doing fine.
Chei. Nawa o. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
I guess these guys love it the hard way.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 4:20pm On Apr 10
Jodera:

Lol, that's just what I'm happy about entering into the 2nd leg. No away goals, else I would have shut off our chances
Before that mode comot head, e go ho tey o. cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:23pm On Apr 10
daveP:
Before that mode comot head, e go ho tey o. cool
Lol, by next season e go comot.

Na because we never play UCL since na why cheesy

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 4:46pm On Apr 10
daveP:

I can slot

Jesus
Trossard
Odegaard

Into that same moment and e sure me say all with take a better decision. The only person i know that will waste it is Kai. Na him set that precedent for 1v1 sha. But Saka messed up. If he wants to roll with the big boys of ucl, he needs to do better. I trust he will. At least he wasn't a ghost like the Porto game.
Trossard in that position will make a better decision but no need flogging a dead horse

Let’s just get our acts together before going to Allianz arena

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 4:50pm On Apr 10
daveP:
I'm say happy it wasn't Ramsdale in a way. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ IYKYk.
grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:33pm On Apr 10
mostob:
Partey has not really find his rythm. He is not at his usual best currently and it is frustrating.
Tomi must start second leg.... That second leg, na beauty Haram football we suppose play.

I'm still wondering how Partey isn't fit till now. Like I expected him to be over the match rustiness but the thing still deh him body.

I need a fit Partey in this run in. Yesterday really lacked Partey in the centre of the pitch
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 5:38pm On Apr 10
Jodera:

That Gabriel incidence, did his action impede any Bayern attack?

A foul in the box is a foul and a penalty

Just like a goal is a goal whether its scored by you or by your opponent

If you were not attacking but your opponent pass the ball into their own net, Is it a goal or not

If an opponent kick the ball into their own net, will you ask if you were attacking or trying to score when they did?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:41pm On Apr 10
Jodera:

I'm still wondering how Partey isn't fit till now. Like I expected him to be over the match rustiness but the thing still deh him body.

I need a fit Partey in this run in. Yesterday really lacked Partey in the centre of the pitch

It is not a case of not being physically fit for Partey, rather he has not had enough game time to shake off the rust. He has been out for so long, he needs consistent run of games to shake off the rustiness. We should have been gradually increasing his minutes. Training and sitting on the bench for 90 minutes don't shake off match rustiness.

And Yes, we need Partey in this run in.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:44pm On Apr 10
raumdeuter:

A foul in the box is a foul ad a penalty

Just like a goal is a goal whether its scored by you or by your opponent

If you were not attacking but your opponent pass the ball into their own net, Is it a goal or not
That's where common sense comes into this matter. If the GK had used his hand to pass the ball to Gabriel to start the GK(which he sometimes do) we won't be hearing this things.

Gabriel didn't even use his leg and trap the ball then commenced with his hands. He used his hands instantly to show you that he still recognise that it's Goal kick.

This is like a player giving a ball inside the pitch to his teammate for a throw- in and his teammate catches the ball with his hands. Everyone knows that doesn't makes it a handball.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:52pm On Apr 10
Roland17:

It is not a case of not being physically fit for Partey, rather he has not had enough game time to shake off the rust. He has been out for so long, he needs consistent run of games to shake off the rustiness. We should have been gradually increasing his minutes. Training and sitting on the bench for 90 minutes don't shake off match rustiness.

And Yes, we need Partey in this run in.
Hmmmm... I understand now

Arteta should please try and give Partey minutes then cos he's really really important.

I knew how many times Odegaard is in the half space ystdy and would have transitioned our ball faster but Rice or Jorginho didn't have the gift for that needle eye pass so they play the normal crossfield or side pass.

Imagine the kind of pass Partey gave Odegaard against Man city that Trossard floundered. That's the kind of transition passes we've been missing against good midblock teams like Porto, Man City and Bayern
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 6:17pm On Apr 10
Jodera:

That's where common sense comes into this matter. If the GK had used his hand to pass the ball to Gabriel to start the GK(which he sometimes do) we won't be hearing this things.

Gabriel didn't even use his leg and trap the ball then commenced with his hands. He used his hands instantly to show you that he still recognise that it's Goal kick.

This is like a player giving a ball inside the pitch to his teammate for a throw- in and his teammate catches the ball with his hands. Everyone knows that doesn't makes it a handball.

Let me ask if Man utd is to shoot a goal kick, Onana pass to Maguire, Maguire pass back but Onana wasnt looking and the ball entered the net

What should be the decision? Goal for opponent or let them replay it and use common sense since the intention was not to score in his own net
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:24pm On Apr 10
raumdeuter:

Let me ask if Man utd is to shoot a goal kick, Onana pass to Maguire, Maguire pass back but Onana wasnt looking and the ball entered the net

What should be the decision? Goal for opponent or let them replay it and use common sense since the intention was not to score in his own net
I equated it to throw-in not own goal since it's the intentional use of hands.

Would you penalise a player whom his teammate gave him ball to throw and he caught the ball with his hands while on the pitch?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 6:32pm On Apr 10
Jodera:

I equated it to throw-in not own goal since it's the intentional use of hands.

Would you penalise a player whom his teammate gave him ball to throw and he caught the ball with his hands while on the pitch?

Yes handling the ball on the field when in play is a foul. The law is the law

In my scenario too, Maguire intention was not to score, and Onana looking away to the backpass is a kid error and should not count as a goal
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:57pm On Apr 10
Jodera:

Hmmmm... I understand now

Arteta should please try and give Partey minutes then cos he's really really important.

I knew how many times Odegaard is in the half space ystdy and would have transitioned our ball faster but Rice or Jorginho didn't have the gift for that needle eye pass so they play the normal crossfield or side pass.

Imagine the kind of pass Partey gave Odegaard against Man city that Trossard floundered. That's the kind of transition passes we've been missing against good midblock teams like Porto, Man City and Bayern

The embolden is one of the reasons I love Partey in our line up. Opponents can't man mark Odegaard if Partey is on the pitch because Partey will open them open. In that City game, he opened up Odegaard twice which led to Odegaard creating goal scoring chances for us. Odegaard is such an unbelievable talent with the ball but sometimes, team plan specifically for him and if we don't have another player with great passing abilities, especially in the middle, then it becomes difficult for him to impose himself.

After Davies suffered a yellow card for Bayern, we loaded the right side and so did Bayern, the implication was that the left side was open but we did not have any player in the middle that could lift their head up to make an incisive pass that is accurate and immediately changes the wing of attack. When Jorg (I think, or it may have been Rice) tried the cross pass it went to throw in, the other attempt did not immediately put Martinelli in a dangerous situation.

He has missed 26 games this season for us, we need to gradually increase his minutes without risking anything unnecessarily. At this time, I don't expect Partey to play 90 minutes for consecutive games, man is like 40 years old. We just need to make sure he plays just enough to be sharp for important games like yesterday. I hope he can get more minutes over the weekend to improve his sharpness and conditioning.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:46pm On Apr 10
raumdeuter:

Yes handling the ball on the field when in play is a foul. The law is the law

In my scenario too, Maguire intention was not to score, and Onana looking away to the backpass is a kid error and should not count as a goal
There have been many situations whereby ref will signal a throw in, a player would initially want to throw the ball, then at the last minute change his mind and give another of his teammate the ball to throw, yet I've never seen where such action is penalized with a foul(either free kick or anything). Highest it's a yellow card(certainly due to time wasting).

The example you're giving is a situation when ball is in play(Maguire example), I'm talking about a situation where the play is dead and a player is allowed to use his hands.

I've never seen a situation someone is penalized (with foul) for wanting to restart a dead play.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:58pm On Apr 10
Roland17:

The embolden is one of the reasons I love Partey in our line up. Opponents can't man mark Odegaard if Partey is on the pitch because Partey will open them open. In that City game, he opened up Odegaard twice which led to Odegaard creating goal scoring chances for us. Odegaard is such an unbelievable talent with the ball but sometimes, team plan specifically for him and if we don't have another player with great passing abilities, especially in the middle, then it becomes difficult for him to impose himself.

After Davies suffered a yellow card for Bayern, we loaded the right side and so did Bayern, the implication was that the left side was open but we did not have any player in the middle that could lift their head up to make an incisive pass that is accurate and immediately changes the wing of attack. When Jorg (I think, or it may have been Rice) tried the cross pass it went to throw in, the other attempt did not immediately put Martinelli in a dangerous situation.

He has missed 26 games this season for us, we need to gradually increase his minutes without risking anything unnecessarily. At this time, I don't expect Partey to play 90 minutes for consecutive games, man is like 40 years old. We just need to make sure he plays just enough to be sharp for important games like yesterday. I hope he can get more minutes over the weekend to improve his sharpness and conditioning.
Truly I saw that ystdy and I don't know whether it's nervousness but it was mostly overhit or underhit.

I'm just glad Partey is back, I just hope we'll be able to smartly use him effectively as you said cos we'll be facing more of midblock teams now. We're at the business end of season where every team will use anything or tactics to prevent us from taking 3pts

(1) (2) (3) ... (3436) (3437) (3438) (3439) (3440) (3441) (3442) ... (3531) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "mΓ©s Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.