Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2314311 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3467) (3468) (3469) (3470) (3471) (3472) (3473) ... (3485) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:00pm On Apr 23
daveP:
Goals were raining and Saka was not on score sheet shows how "finished" his state of mind is rn
We need to sign a striker. Don't we?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 10:07pm On Apr 23
daveP:
Game no kon sweet after the 5th. 😂😂

Raya with Golden Glove already. He's 5games clear. It's in the bag. No questions again. 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾
Any game against that tout fc is always interesting even when we’re leading 10 nil grin grin

So happy for Raya, winning the Gooden Glove whilst on loan from your parent club

I need this lineup against Tottenham

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:11pm On Apr 23
Spy360:
Iamoyindamola that our resident madman never visit us today. Freddie the frog ooo
He no dey 'house'
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 10:20pm On Apr 23
We beat Chelsea fc.. dem don give dem biscuits take champions league for their hand , oriogbade fc grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:29pm On Apr 23
Spy360:

We need to sign a striker. Don't we?

Is that a rhetorical question? Lol. Don't make me laugh. Your manager knows this. You should too. Not someone that blows hot or cold. That won't stop me from saying he had an impressive 2nd half.👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:30pm On Apr 23
Shegzdave:

Any game against that tout fc is always interesting even when we’re leading 10 nil grin grin

So happy for Raya, winning the Gooden Glove whilst on loan from your parent club

I need this lineup against Tottenham

I want Viera to start that match. This Saka needs some jitters from bench. congrats to Raya mehnn.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:31pm On Apr 23
Spy360:
Iamoyindamola that our resident madman never visit us today. Freddie the frog ooo
The lunatic they cry currently
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 10:35pm On Apr 23
daveP:

I want Viera to start that match. This Saka needs some jitters from bench. congrats to Raya mehnn.
I’m only afraid that he’ll get bullied on the ball
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 10:38pm On Apr 23
@mostob
Remember what I said about us winning this derby like every other derby at the Emirates but the presence of Palmer will make us not have Clean sheet but his absence gave us CS
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:48pm On Apr 23
We knack them like aKNACKists

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:03pm On Apr 23
Shegzdave:

I’m only afraid that he’ll get bullied on the ball
That's true sha. Besides i love Nelli at the centre vs Chelsea. When he moves central he frees up Odegaard toooo fast and easy. Especially as Kai loves to drift away to the left too many times.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:06pm On Apr 23
Later after one painful loss , una go tell us say nothing has changed since Arsenal signed Arteta . 🤭

Shey na like this we dey knack chelsea 5-0 under Good Ebening ? Oh ! Sorry Chelsea knack us 4-1 for final under Señor Ebening

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:20pm On Apr 23
Chelsea admin was shy , he avoided mentioning Havertz name while updating scores grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 11:21pm On Apr 23
Cheers to the victory ,ekun legbere n sun ku ema ke ku ni wink grin grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 11:33pm On Apr 23
BlueRayDick:
Later after one painful loss , una go tell us say nothing has changed since Arsenal signed Arteta . 🤭

Shey na like this we dey knack chelsea 5-0 under Good Ebening ? Oh ! Sorry Chelsea knack us 4-1 for final under Señor Ebening

I don’t think anyone of us has said Arteta has not improved this team considering where we are coming from.

Comparing this team and quality of roster to the one that lost to them under Ebening, especially the back 5, na false equivalence also.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 12:53am On Apr 24
We need a perfect replacement for Partey if Partey is leaving, so we can maximize Rice. Today’s game is exactly how I hope we utilize Rice next season. We have held him back offensively and restricted his crucified to CM. He offers way more than that and needs to be in and around scoring areas of the opponent’s half.

Also, Partey is such a difference maker with the way he controls the pace of the game from the middle. His presence totally opens up plays for us. Rice and Odegaard once again were difficult to manage because ability to read the game is cerebral. I wish we don’t sell but we have not managed him well either and baba is old, so I absolutely understand if Arteta chooses to move on.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:56am On Apr 24
While we were sleeping peacefully
The lunatic still shamelessly find way in between the tears to try and get noticed
What was the scoreline again spy360🤣🤣🤣

If na my club them flog like that I go cry more

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:58am On Apr 24
Roland17:
We need a perfect replacement for Partey if Partey is leaving, so we can maximize Rice. Today’s game is exactly how I hope we utilize Rice next season. We have held him back offensively and restricted his crucified to CM. He offers way more than that and needs to be in and around scoring areas of the opponent’s half.

Also, Partey is such a difference maker with the way he controls the pace of the game from the middle. His presence totally opens up plays for us. Rice and Odegaard once again were difficult to manage because ability to read the game is cerebral. I wish we don’t sell but we have not managed him well either and baba is old, so I absolutely understand if Arteta chooses to move on.
Everton's onana , spuds bissouma are the only 2 I can think of atm
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:19am On Apr 24
iamoyindamola:

Isn’t Onana’s preferred role a CM (6) like Rice?

Onana is physically imposing, good speed for his size, uses his body quite well and great at tackling but I don’t know if he exactly different from Rice.

As for Bissouma, first of all he is DIRTY SPUD. Secondly, he makes too many reckless: dangerous tackles and ends up with too many yellow cards. His form also isn’t too consistent but I do like some of his attributes.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:58am On Apr 24
iamoyindamola:

Onana doesn't have a specific position he plays for Everton. Bissouma is too reckless and unserious.

I can't think of a player right now that can replace Partey effectively.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:00am On Apr 24
Shegzdave:
@mostob
Remember what I said about us winning this derby like every other derby at the Emirates but the presence of Palmer will make us not have Clean sheet but his absence gave us CS
Yea... I remember.
I don't think Chelsea would have scored with Palmer on the field though. They were too poor yesterday
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:45am On Apr 24
Roland17:

Isn’t Onana’s preferred role a CM (6) like Rice?

Onana is physically imposing, good speed for his size, uses his body quite well and great at tackling but I don’t know if he exactly different from Rice.

As for Bissouma, first of all he is DIRTY SPUD. Secondly, he makes too many reckless: dangerous tackles and ends up with too many yellow cards. His form also isn’t too consistent but I do like some of his attributes.

Onana is like rice but he also fit in the DM like rice too
You are right about bissouma, in fact he's guaranteed yellow if not red on Sunday
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:46am On Apr 24
mostob:
Onana doesn't have a specific position he plays for Everton. Bissouma is too reckless and unserious.

I can't think of a player right now that can replace Partey effectively.
Exactly onana is like a box to box for Everton
I will check him out tonight
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:48am On Apr 24
I guess Raya will get his award at home against Bournemouth
Chai ramsdale
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:57am On Apr 24
1. Odegaard is who he thinks he is ! I watched the replay again this morning and I must confess it was a beauty to watch him playing through passes for that Havertz first goal and White's second goal.

2. It's a shame injury will not allow us enjoy senior man Partey in his old age. The way Partey was playing vertical passes all over the pitch was just mesmerizing. He just keeps making it look so simple.

3. I hope Martinelli can just take chances like Trossard does going forward; no overdoing, no trying to out run a fullback when there's no need for it and no trying to be in a perfect position before letting fly a shot on goal.

4. We need to sell Nelson and get a proper RW with flair that can deputize Saka. It is obvious Arteta doesn't trust Viera to be that guy and would rather use Viera as Odegaard's backup. If Nelson remains in the team, we won't buy a serious deputy for Saka and when Saka decides to go numb we will just keep complaining and hoping for a miracle.

5. Raya has really justified why Arteta benched Ramsdale for him. As much as I am a fan of Ramsdale, I see that calmness & cool-headedness he lacked in Raya. He has a near perfect communication with the CB's and he starts attack pretty well than any of our most recent goalkeepers. What he lacked in height, he compensates for it in being calm even under pressure.

6. Ben white has really been phenomenal and he has justified why we bought him 50m at a time most people (including myself) believe it was unwise to sign a CB/RWB/RB for that amount while we needed attackers.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:47am On Apr 24
BlueRayDick:
1. Odegaard is who he thinks he is ! I watched the replay again this morning and I must confess it was a beauty to watch him playing through passes for that Havertz first goal and White's second goal.

2. It's a shame injury will not allow us enjoy senior man Partey in his old age. The way Partey was playing vertical passes all over the pitch was just mesmerizing. He just keeps making it look so simple.

3. I hope Martinelli can just take chances like Trossard does going forward; no overdoing, no trying to out run a fullback when there's no need for it and no trying to be in a perfect position before letting fly a shot on goal.

4. We need to sell Nelson and get a proper RW with flair that can deputize Saka. It is obvious Arteta doesn't trust Viera to be that guy and would rather use Viera as Odegaard's backup. If Nelson remains in the team, we won't buy a serious deputy for Saka and when Saka decides to go numb we will just keep complaining and hoping for a miracle.

5. Raya has really justified why Arteta benched Ramsdale for him. As much as I am a fan of Ramsdale, I see that calmness & cool-headedness he lacked in Raya. He has a near perfect communication with the CB's and he starts attack pretty well than any of our most recent goalkeepers. What he lacked in height, he compensates for it in being calm even under pressure.

6. Ben white has really been phenomenal and he has justified why we bought him 50m at a time most people (including myself) believe it was unwise to sign a CB/RWB/RB for that amount while we needed attackers.
Martinelli way see 2 chances squander am
Jesus should be backup for saka abeg make we get correct CF
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:11am On Apr 24
iamoyindamola:

Martinelli way see 2 chances squander am
Jesus should be backup for saka abeg make we get correct CF

I don't even know why Arteta has never tried Jesus in that RW, maybe from their time together at City he believes Jesus is best suited for either CF or LW.

I've always wanted him to try him at RW even if it is a cup match make see for ourselves. I think he used to play RW at city but I can't remember if he played it well or not
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:21am On Apr 24
BlueRayDick:

I don't even know why Arteta has never tried Jesus in that RW, maybe from their time together at City he believes Jesus is best suited for either CF or LW.

I've always wanted him to try him at RW even if it is a cup match make see for ourselves. I think he used to play RW at city but I can't remember if he played it well or not
Yes he played it during his last 2 seasons at city
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:38am On Apr 24
iamoyindamola:

Exactly onana is like a box to box for Everton
I will check him out tonight
Sean just put am for Midfield make he dey run around. Na Gana and Doucoure dey run things for them.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 9:39am On Apr 24
daveP:
That's true sha. Besides i love Nelli at the centre vs Chelsea. When he moves central he frees up Odegaard toooo fast and easy. Especially as Kai loves to drift away to the left too many times.
I hope he can move centrally sometimes when he’s not productive on the wings, cause dude is productive playing centrally for the few times he played there

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:41am On Apr 24
The big question is who can we get to replace Partey?
Like I can't think of anybody right now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 9:42am On Apr 24
mostob:
Yea... I remember.
I don't think Chelsea would have scored with Palmer on the field though. They were too poor yesterday
Planer would’ve made a difference in their attack and dude might probably get a goal yesterday

(1) (2) (3) ... (3467) (3468) (3469) (3470) (3471) (3472) (3473) ... (3485) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.