Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,450 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3477) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2317388 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3474) (3475) (3476) (3477) (3478) (3479) (3480) ... (3490) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 5:50pm On Apr 25
The Zirkzee rumors mills are grinding already. I hear 60m.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:01pm On Apr 25
Shegzdave:
This White is so grin
This picture is not as cold as the way he threw him to the ground.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:05pm On Apr 25
Jodera:

It is more than just helping.

When a striker CONSISTENTLY drop deeps to interplay and Link up Even when his team is with the ball, then you should know that's unusual cos any striker will ought to be at the end of chances when his team is in possession instead of partaking in build-up. That's exactly what Van Persie explained in the screenshot I sent.
And like you said, Kane in the Tottenham latter years(under Mou to be specific) changed to one and if you mostly read Bayern page, you'll find out initially how they all complain Kane drops deep even when they're with the ball.

The only reason why Midfielders were used is because they have the tendency and impatience to always want to be with the ball and build up unlike strikers— not like some strikers can't do it but it'll be difficult cos they're not wired that way. (I mean how will you tell Rvn or inzaghi to interplay? Even Auba couldn't do it sef)

But it's very funny that Rvp and Wenger used their own mouth to say that Rvp played as False 9 yet Spy still deh bring semantics.
You are already losing touch with the bolded. So we can also call Giroud a false 9?

The idea of a false 9 emanates from the fact that the person is not a 9. This is basic logic.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:06pm On Apr 25
daveP:

We better stay away if the goal is to get a traditional CF that will be in scoring areas. He has excellent technique and dribbling skills. He also does well carrying the ball from deep into dangerous areas but he isn't going to score a lot of goals. I watch a lot of him since I follow the Serie A also cos of my Milan team.

He is just a healthier and younger version of Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:08pm On Apr 25
mostob:
Let me clarify something here. False 9 is neither a position nor a name on the field. It is a ROLE. A role that can be played by both midfielders and strikers. It is a definition of what you play and how you play on the field.
Another funny attempt at grasping straws just to score a point. Every position is a role and every role has a name. Please respect our senses here.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:21pm On Apr 25
Roland17:

We better stay away if the goal is to get a traditional CF that will be in scoring areas. He has excellent technique and dribbling skills. He also does well carrying the ball from deep into dangerous areas but he isn't going to score a lot of goals. I watch a lot of him since I follow the Serie A also cos of my Milan team.

He is just a healthier and younger version of Jesus.
We should be looking at Viktor Gyokeres at Sporting CP.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:29pm On Apr 25
Spy360:

We should be looking at Viktor Gyokeres at Sporting CP.

Power, decisive in front of goal, good shooting technique and great sense of awareness....I do like Gyokeres.

S. Guirassy (Stuttgart) is another player I hope we take a look at.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 7:15pm On Apr 25
Roland17:

Even Petrovic dey look Cucurella like "What is wrong with you?" grin
grin grin
The way white threw Cuku on the floor was funny, like alaye koshi danu grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 7:19pm On Apr 25
mostob:
This picture is not as cold as the way he threw him to the ground.
White threw him away like a log of wood grin
mostob:
That Cucurella should cut that hair abeg... I hate his feminine look.
Maybe that’s what his woman loved about him grin ;Dyou never can tell
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:48pm On Apr 25
Shegzdave:

White threw him away like a log of wood grin

Maybe that’s what his woman loved about him grin ;Dyou never can tell
White no send anybody. Overseriouseness dey worry am.

Maybe ... how family matter no concern me
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:01pm On Apr 25
mostob:
We have not lost against any London club or big team this season.
The wiping Fulham and West ham give us back to back nko
Are they not London clubs
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:35pm On Apr 25
This ended quickly!

Rubbish!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mine3112: 8:47pm On Apr 25
Roland17:
This ended quickly!
Rubbish!
It is expected but I don't see Man City taking 3 points off their next opponent. All we need is to beat our next opponent.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:48pm On Apr 25
There was no pragmatism in Brighton's approach. Too arrogant.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:53pm On Apr 25
Lmao
We fight another day
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 8:57pm On Apr 25
Roland17:
God abeg, while I am grateful for the work you are doing with Liverpool, can you just epp us with Man City.

It has been 20 years, I have suffered enough. Abeg!
Adura o gba!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:02pm On Apr 25
daveP:

Hope u know that's a taller and lankier Gbariel Jesus ?

U remember yesterday's discussion about Arteta's kinda striker choice ?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 9:17pm On Apr 25
BlueRayDick:

Hope u know that's a taller and lankier Gbariel Jesus ?

U remember yesterday's discussion about Arteta's kinda striker choice ?

You already know my preferred buy. Shey I can't post rumors again ni? 😂😂😂 In my top 4 sef, which i posted pages back, Zirkzee no dey. I just post ni. Lol. I even posted Gyokeres at a point.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:20pm On Apr 25
daveP:

You already know my preferred buy. Shey I can't post rumors again ni? 😂😂😂 In my top 4 sef, which i posted pages back, Zirkzee no dey. I just post ni. Lol. I even posted Gyokeres at a point.

And me I'm telling u that ur preference no be Arteta preference grin

🎶wetin u want o, no be wetin Arteta love o.... 🎶
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:46pm On Apr 25
Brighton players na Ogbanje.... simple draw, una no fit play.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:06pm On Apr 25
mostob:
Brighton has only won once against City. Make we just dey look
Lol, dem just dim every little hope wey person get from onset sef grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:09pm On Apr 25
Jodera:
Lol, dem just dim every little hope wey person get from onset sef grin
I was not expecting the scoreline to be this high. I already mentioned that they have a long injury list but no be like this na...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:11pm On Apr 25
Spy360:

You are already losing touch with the bolded. So we can also call Giroud a false 9?

The idea of a false 9 emanates from the fact that the person is not a 9. This is basic logic.
This thing is you've already made up your mind on what you think false 9 is. Anywhere you research, you will find out you're wrong that's why you certainly don't want to do it.
No place and no footballing person will tell you only Midfielders play as false 9. You just made that up and you're sticking with it.

I won't explain further on that Giroud matter cos we all watched Giroud and knows he never played anything close to false 9

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:11pm On Apr 25
mostob:
I was not expecting the scoreline to be this high. I already mentioned that they have a long injury list but no be like this na...
grin cheesy cheesy

Lol, we move.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:00pm On Apr 25
BlueRayDick:

And me I'm telling u that ur preference no be Arteta preference grin

🎶wetin u want o, no be wetin Arteta love o.... 🎶

Lol. With the profile of the last 4 connected or chased, IT IS THE PROFILE.

I hope we show Spurs who's boss. We need to. We ought to be on 80points by now if we didn't lose to Villa. City on 4game Streak.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:12am On Apr 26
Jodera:

This thing is you've already made up your mind on what you think false 9 is. Anywhere you research, you will find out you're wrong that's why you certainly don't want to do it.
No place and no footballing person will tell you only Midfielders play as false 9. You just made that up and you're sticking with it.

I won't explain further on that Giroud matter cos we all watched Giroud and knows he never played anything close to false 9

Off course Giroud can never be a false 9, except according to your description which you have denied.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:15am On Apr 26
daveP:

Lol. With the profile of the last 4 connected or chased, IT IS THE PROFILE.

I hope we show Spurs who's boss. We need to. We ought to be on 80points by now if we didn't lose to Villa. City on 4game Streak.
That we chased them no mean say na Arteta wan buy them now. You know how media works na. Infact Arteta and Arsenal has not contact any striker yet.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:23am On Apr 26
Next step is to beat Tottenham by all means available
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:43am On Apr 26
Spy360:

Off course Giroud can never be a false 9, except according to your description which you have denied.
How many times does he consistently drop deep and play make?
He's always the furthest amongst all our forwards

All his link up is mostly near the opposition box or inside and he mostly does holdup plays. There's a reason he's called the perfect "back to goal striker".

Like I said, you don't know what false 9 is and you're afraid to research about it for fear of being proved wrong.

To be wrong once in a while no dey kee person but na you sabi...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:50pm On Apr 26
Jodera:

How many times does he consistently drop deep and play make?
He's always the furthest amongst all our forwards

All his link up is mostly near the opposition box or inside and he mostly does holdup plays. There's a reason he's called the perfect "back to goal striker".

Like I said, you don't know what false 9 is and you're afraid to research about it for fear of being proved wrong.

To be wrong once in a while no dey kee person but na you sabi...
I have done my research and I know where your opinion is originating from. I deliberately wanted to force you to leak it out yourself but you are smart not to. So I will do it for you.

Your problem is that you do not have a unique understanding or conviction about who a false 9 is and that is why it is difficult for you to explain what you read. The writer of the article you and Toluxe read was even confused about making examples that is why he was shouting Mourinho. Kane is a striker by all standards and no sensible manager will ask a goal machine like him to leave that duty and start making assists or creating chances instead.

Leave blogs and pundits and go to proper coaching sources for better information.

Kane is a striker and not a false 9. Good examples are Messi, Fabregas, KDB, Bernado etc. And if you notice you will see Pep or Kruff written all over those examples and not Mourinho.

A typical Mourinho striker is a big bully like Drogba, Costa, Kane etc not false 9s. It is not a Mourinho tactics to play a false 9. Never.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:43pm On Apr 26
Spy360:

I have done my research and I know where your opinion is originating from. I deliberately wanted to force you to leak it out yourself but you are smart not to. So I will do it for you.

Your problem is that you do not have a unique understanding or conviction about who a false 9 is and that is why it is difficult for you to explain what you read. The writer of the article you and Toluxe read was even confused about making examples that is why he was shouting Mourinho. Kane is a striker by all standards and no sensible manager will ask a goal machine like him to leave that duty and start making assists or creating chances instead.

Leave blogs and pundits and go to proper coaching sources for better information.

Kane is a striker and not a false 9. Good examples are Messi, Fabregas, KDB, Bernado etc. And if you notice you will see Pep or Kruff written all over those examples and not Mourinho.

A typical Mourinho striker is a big bully like Drogba, Costa, Kane etc not false 9s. It is not a Mourinho tactics to play a false 9. Never.
Even with all these things, you still didn't bring any stuff you referenced your points from.

I didn't only bring blogs and pundits (the latter isn't bad cos they comprises of professional ex players), I also brought first hand confession from Rvp and Wenger himself but you're just dey close eyes for those ones.

A false 9 is a player who plays in a striker position but drops deeps, to link up, playmake when his team is in possession instead of acting like a traditional 9 who waits to be fed or get at the end of final balls

Anybody striker who does this is a false 9.

I don't want to even get into your inverted FBs that you claim only Midfielders play there too.

No wonder you no dey ever gree say White deh play the inverted Rb role cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 3:45pm On Apr 26
shocked we haven't beaten Spurs b2b since 1998? Omo. Which kine record be dat? That must change on Sunday.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3474) (3475) (3476) (3477) (3478) (3479) (3480) ... (3490) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Sarsaproko and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.