Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,317 members, 7,867,843 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 04:38 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (349) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2366835 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (3554) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 11, 2013
coogar:

musiwa went to school?
you mean that map guy was once a student of any school? wow - we learn stuff everyday. i would never have known that dude ever held a pen & a notepad.

Ahahaha grin cheesy grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by afrodoc(m): 6:02pm On Nov 11, 2013
I am really happy Debosky's diction is so good, he will need all the gidigba words in his vocabulary to explain things to us come May

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 6:09pm On Nov 11, 2013
wonlasewonimi: He is actually well versed. There's not much difference between him and Musiwa. Heck, they both studied in Canada.

Are you saying Debosky is Musiwas deputy in Canada?

Both are even Engineers. Musiwa is an "Electricity Engineer" , Dobolawin is also an engineer
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 11, 2013
wonlasewonimi:

He is actually well versed. There's not much difference between him and Musiwa. Heck, they both studied in Canada.

hahaha....... then he was prob'ly showing off. A classic case of using hundred words where only ten would do.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Okikiade(m): 9:01pm On Nov 11, 2013
wonlasewonimi: Bunch of otondos lol. They are still at the top of the league after 11 matches with 27 games to go. Rational observers know how this would end. BTW, as good as Ozil is, he is too lightweight for the premier league.
walahitalai, oruko omo ni nro omo! You're indeed an Asewon!It's not about ''them say'', you be kie seni!Catch me if you can! tongue shocked
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
debosky:

Being at the top means nowt at 11 games - yet another peerless example of your inestimable ability to prise supremely indiscernible truth from the inscrutably constructed league table.

At the rate you're going you'll soon be on the verge of revealing the long-awaited solution for harnessing Nuclear Fission.

how come my browser made an error on taking me to politics section?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chic2pimp(m): 12:55am On Nov 12, 2013
edoyad: Hopeless twats. Like debosky pointed out, after our toughest week so far, we still top the premiership and our UCL group. Now we go on a two week international break which will hopefully be enough time for some injured ones to return. We also pray no one gets injured while on international duty.
Our guys really looked short of energy initially, that Dortmund game really sapped us I guess. But thank God they gave a good account of themselves.

Sharrap jor....... See ya gorimapa head wey resemble Olumo Rock.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 5:05am On Nov 12, 2013
Proud of my boys. Tough period for us and we came out with two wins and one loss. It was obvious the boys were tired so I won't blame them for not turning up. No excuse though. We had the whole summer to beef up the squad and we didn't.
We shouldn't 'waste' Ramsey on the wings again. We created more chances when Gnarby came on and Ramsey moved to the center.

Negatives for me:
We dropped 3 points when on a good day, we should have won
Obvious we need a back up for Giroud

Positives:
We showed that even on bad day, with tired players, United still need to work hard to take points off Arsenal.
TV5 didn't do too badly. Maybe AW will finally rotate and give Kos and Per some rest

International break now after which Theo and Poldi should be back
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 5:14am On Nov 12, 2013
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 9:38am On Nov 12, 2013
torres2:
how come my browser made an error on taking me to politics section?

What do you expect when you're using a china phone? cheesy

phxc:

hahaha....... then he was prob'ly showing off. A classic case of using hundred words where only ten would do.

One word for you - sharrap. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 12, 2013
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 12, 2013
debosky:

One word for you - sharrap. tongue

lmao....... I expected more Verbose..ky

Like an earlier poster intimated, you'll need all the vocabs in your arsenal (no pun intended) to explain things to us come may.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 12:49pm On Nov 12, 2013
chic2pimp:

Sharrap jor....... See ya gorimapa head wey resemble Olumo Rock.

Homeless child and wanderer of Nairaland. Go and meet your wife dayo
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:35pm On Nov 12, 2013
gentlemen believe me when I say A LOT HAS CHANGED.

I was pleasantly amused to learn this evening that a lot of arsenal players magically developed fergie type of injuries overnight.

my favorite is szcezny who apparently twisted his ankle in bed overnight whilst sleeping. honorable mention also to ozil who has developed a variety of flu that prevents him from flying and walcott who despite galloping around the training pitch all week still has a troubling abdomen full of food.

wenger is in danger of thinking straight. hmnnnn.

just this thorny issue of a proper goalscorer in January and olympus just might fall.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 10:51pm On Nov 12, 2013
(make I find trouble)

@4ller
Afobe is back and doing well with the U21s...we may not need a new striker in January cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:54am On Nov 13, 2013
grin

bruh anything is better than bendtner abeg. I don't understand how we expect a guy who consistently complains about playing for us to do well
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Okikiade(m): 8:59am On Nov 13, 2013
Chuba will fare better than 'Jumong B S I T W W'!Wenger's blind faith!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 11:00am On Nov 13, 2013
Its surprising though that there's no mention of Yaya Sanogo. Is the guy still on Arsenal pay roll? also agree t

I also agree that we need a back up striker even before January. Maybe AW should just promote Chuba or Afobe. And there's also Park who can play in that role.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 5:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
phxc:

lmao....... I expected more Verbose..ky

Like an earlier poster intimated, you'll need all the vocabs in your arsenal (no pun intended) to explain things to us come may.

Explain things to who? You? Some wet behind the ears whippersnappers just like to chat bollocks when nobody's even talking to them.

Jog on boy, this isn't your territory.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 5:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
proudlysports: Its surprising though that there's no mention of Yaya Sanogo. Is the guy still on Arsenal pay roll?

I also agree that we need a back up striker even before January. Maybe AW should just promote Chuba or Afobe. And there's also Park who can play in that role.

Yaya will get his chance - next season maybe. As for Chuba or Afobe, tell me you're kidding? Other clubs are talking about Demba Ba/Dzeko/Chicha for back up strikers and you're mentioning Afobe and Chuba? cheesy

There's 90% chance they won't make it here - they'll most likely go on like JET or Anthony Stokes to play regular footie elsewhere.

Wenger wasn't hallucinating when he attempted to sign Demba Ba - that's the type of striker we need as a back up, not some wet behind the ears kids. Those guys are COC or at best already-qualified-dead-rubber CL game quality.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 12:17am On Nov 14, 2013
^^^
Obviously na tongue in cheek nah.
Plus we were talking about alternatives to NB23 before January transfer window. At least I mentioned 'before January' in my post.

On a serious note, I'll be surprised if Yaya makes it at Arsenal. I don't know what it is with us and injury prone players.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 12:48am On Nov 14, 2013
Despite the narrow loss, I was very proud of our performance last Sunday against United but there are issues I wish to bring to bare

Zonal Marking: Wenger started this style of defending set pieces especially corner kicks early last season and I must say we have not profited from this experiment, we are exposed every time we attempt zonal marking because opponents have the space, pace and time to attack the ball while in flight, remember we are also not fortunate to boast of tall players except for Per and Giroud, Sunday was another horrific example of the Zonal marking.

High pressure defense: this is another style Wenger inculcated into the team early last season, although the upside of this style guarantees a faster counter attack, space for the Goalkeeper to catch the ball in the case of an indirect free kick and the prospect of keeping the opponents offside, but the disadvantages are also catastrophic, baring in mind that not all offside calls are made, defenders can be caught unawares especially playing against faster strikers.

Playing Arteta and Flamini at the same time: I think it's high time we reconsider playing both as it's obvious our attack suffers whenever both are on the field of play, we lack incisiveness with possession when they are both playing, we seem to sit back and soak up pressure or possess the ball without necessarily advancing into the opponents, our high tempo style with possession is distorted by playing two defensive midfielders who love to hold to ball but lack (except Arteta to a reasonable extent) the technique to advance the ball into space.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 1:57am On Nov 14, 2013
1. We need a new striker come January. This Giroud experiment is wholly not sustainable for a whole season.

2. Arteta + Flamini combo has to stop with immediate effect. The first time we tried it, worked but never again.

3. Quite apparent that the boys were tired. Playing a very tactical game with Dortmund had its toll on our game with those zoo-united.

4. Can't wait to have PoGOALsky and Walcott back after this two weeks break.

5. Top of the table and enemies and haters can go check the EPL if in doubt!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:37am On Nov 14, 2013
I beg to disagree about thos zonal marking thingy.

no style of marking or defending is superior to the other. its what works for you.

1. that's the 1st set piece we are conceding this season in 12 games.

if it was that bad it can't be having such result.

2. if the alternative is man marking then explain how these so called short and light arsenal players are going to get physical with much larger players and outjump them to get the ball.

forget the bs all these journalists spout. they need to have something to write about.

@debosky but why can't a teenage striker make it at arsenal? if we could put up with ramsey and co in much more sensitive positions then why not a small boy as third or fourth choice? no be so welbeck dey survive for united grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Okikiade(m): 7:49am On Nov 14, 2013
Arsenal's zonal marking failed one test out of 95 attempt!Is that a failure or lack of concentration on the part of the player who suppose to marshall it zone with full alertness? @all,can you put up a bet like the Ugandan's, who lost a house to a 'man u' fan who offer his wife & a car?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 9:40am On Nov 14, 2013
4llerbuntu: I beg to disagree about thos zonal marking thingy.

no style of marking or defending is superior to the other. its what works for you.

1. that's the 1st set piece we are conceding this season in 12 games.

if it was that bad it can't be having such result.

2. if the alternative is man marking then explain how these so called short and light arsenal players are going to get physical with much larger players and outjump them to get the ball.

forget the bs all these journalists spout. they need to have something to write about.

Some cool, calm and collected objectivity from the house of 4uller. cool

If we concede 1 goal in 12 games from zonal marking, then zonal marking all the way. The key is finding what works for you and sticking to it.

@debosky but why can't a teenage striker make it at arsenal? if we could put up with ramsey and co in much more sensitive positions then why not a small boy as third or fourth choice? no be so welbeck dey survive for united grin

Hehehe. . .Welbeck did well on loan in the EPL before coming back to United though, so it's a bit different. These lads cannot get the exposure they need playing U21 games and all that - they need regular week in week out footie to hone those skills.

I hope they make it, but unless they are so good that they break into the Arsenal side immediately, the loan system is where they need to shine.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 14, 2013
Tending to domineer?

Hehe - I laugh in Cambodia! grin

Champs are known in tough times, days when your assumed nemesis are stockpiled.

How come this fellas are yapping already that their tough fixtures are telling on them?

Y'all just have to follow me sing 'Scotland All The Way' cos Etihad, White hart Lane, Goodison Park and Stamford Bridge waits to dish out yet another reality check. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 14, 2013
Hello Debosky, I've got a big news for you!

Yet another Arseanal fan who's life has been rendered miserable by his own team -- Now you'd agree with me that your team is its fans bane of existence cheesy

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/early-doors/arsenal-fan-loses-house-over-united-wager-145341020.html
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 1:13pm On Nov 14, 2013
@4ller
I don't need any journalist or soothsayer to tell me arsenal has always looked shaky using the zonal marking when defending set pieces especially corner kicks and you would be lying through your tooth if you are indifferent about that fact, we conceded tons of goals last season cos our opponents took advantage of our marking style..

You might convince me the strategy emanated because of the lack of height in the team though which I also thought about.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 1:16pm On Nov 14, 2013
@ El Guapo

People do daft things because they are daft, not because they are Arsenal fans. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Katsumoto: 1:30pm On Nov 14, 2013
debosky: @ El Guapo

People do daft things because they are daft, not because they are Arsenal fans. tongue

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 14, 2013
debosky: @ El Guapo

I wish we have a psychologist on this board to explain to you how your team's results affects your fans' modus operandi grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (3554) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.