Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,466 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (482) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2308866 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (3485) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:59pm On Mar 14, 2015
proudlysports:
Coquelin is good, very good and I have been a fan for many years now since watching him play for the youth team.

That said, saying we don't need a DM because of Coquelin is the reason why we are always fighting for 4th position year in year out. He's only played a quarter of a season. Let's give him time to learn. ManCity had Yaya, still they brought in Fernadinho and as if that wasn't enough, last season they brought in Fernando.
I am sure AW recognises this and he will bring in a DM during the summer transfer window. Arteta and Flamini are already showing signs of old age.
Many don't know that Coquelin was named amongst the flops of the season i Germany last year (although I can excuse him for that but still shows he is in a developmental stage and not yet ready to be that player who will carry Arsenal over a whole season. See Wilshere, Denilson).

Coquelin in my opinion still needs to fight for that position with an equally good if not better DM.
You show good reasoning and I appreciate it. Though when I said Arsene doesn't need to buy, does not mean he won't or shouldn't. In fact to get the best out of Coq there must be good, very good competition.

Now lets turn to Olivier, he is an awful but he does pop like pop corn doesn't he?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edi287: 5:01pm On Mar 14, 2015
proudlysports:
Coquelin is good, very good and I have been a fan for many years now since watching him play for the youth team.

That said, saying we don't need a DM because of Coquelin is the reason why we are always fighting for 4th position year in year out. He's only played a quarter of a season. Let's give him time to learn. ManCity had Yaya, still they brought in Fernadinho and as if that wasn't enough, last season they brought in Fernando.
I am sure AW recognises this and he will bring in a DM during the summer transfer window. Arteta and Flamini are already showing signs of old age.
Many don't know that Coquelin was named amongst the flops of the season i Germany last year (although I can excuse him for that but still shows he is in a developmental stage and not yet ready to be that player who will carry Arsenal over a whole season. See Wilshere, Denilson).

Coquelin in my opinion still needs to fight for that position with an equally good if not better DM.
Exactly. Lack of depth has been one of the issues we've had. Bringing in someone like schnederlin or kondogbia would be a good idea as both can also play alongside Coq.
Regarding Coq loan stint at feiburg last season, he was played as a winger; so its understand able.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ajasa4link: 6:33pm On Mar 14, 2015
Coquelin has been playing very well for a while now and I think That's good for the team. In as much as he's had a good run of games, I still think we should allow him play a full season before we start the usual hyping.
As regards today's game I think koscienly won it for us. He was really terrific at the center back. When not scoring own goals koscienly has shown he is fast, focused and reliable defender. As for chambers I think he needs to work more on his defensive game because to me it seems he is yet to believe his luck to be playing at a big club like Arsenal. So at times he looks carried away on the pitch.
On the overall today's match was great and the boys put up a great show. I hope they produce something more magical on Tuesday night
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 7:10pm On Mar 14, 2015
Arsenal fans be like Hype Williams

Le Coq
Abou Riski
Walcott

Una like to dey hype
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ajasa4link: 7:41pm On Mar 14, 2015
Abeg my people is abou diaby still a registered Arsenal player or he is now a steward at the club?
If he is still at Arsenal then I think it's about time I make known my theory about him. Here is my theory:
I think abou diaby's parents were working for Arsene wenger's elder brother who trained him. I believe arsene's brother really enjoyed their services and when Arsene was of age and was making things happen for himself, His brother entrusted him the son of the Diaby's for him to take care as a way of repaying the years of quality services his parents have rendered to the wenger household. Arsene being a man who keeps his words has since made sure abou earns a decent living as a footballer even when he doesn't kick a ball for a whole year.
Na joke o. .;.:
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edi287: 7:47pm On Mar 14, 2015
ajasa4link:
Abeg my people is abou diaby still a registered Arsenal player or he is now a steward at the club?
If he is still at Arsenal then I think it's about time I make known my theory about him. Here is my theory:
I think abou diaby's parents were working for Arsene wenger's elder brother who trained him. I believe arsene's brother really enjoyed their services and when Arsene was of age and was making things happen for himself, His brother entrusted him the son of the Diaby's for him to take care as a way of repaying the years of quality services his parents have rendered to the wenger household. Arsene being a man who keeps his words has since made sure abou earns a decent living as a footballer even when he doesn't kick a ball for a whole year.
Na joke o. .;.:
Forget diaby is a good player....injuries have messed him up.
I heard he's not been collecting wages while injured. Shame really.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ajasa4link: 8:02pm On Mar 14, 2015
edi287:

Forget diaby is a good player....injuries have messed him up.
I heard he's not been collecting wages while injured. Shame really.
A player who has a contract still will not collect wages? I don't believe that line bro. But wait a minute, how many year contract did that guy sign with Arsenal sef, Shey Na lifetime Because it seems his contract no dey gree finish o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 8:24pm On Mar 14, 2015
The table is taking shape indeed. Up next, Chelsea and Man Utd losses.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edi287: 8:28pm On Mar 14, 2015
ajasa4link:

A player who has a contract still will not collect wages? I don't believe that line bro. But wait a minute, how many year contract did that guy sign with Arsenal sef, Shey Na lifetime Because it seems his contract no dey gree finish o
He rejected his wages. His contract expires this summer.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 9:09pm On Mar 14, 2015
edi287:

Abou's contract will not be renewed from what I hear. Who knows, he may just go somewhere else and play a few years with no serious injury. If that happens though, we will need to query our entire medical team and training methods.

Spy360:

You show good reasoning and I appreciate it. Though when I said Arsene doesn't need to buy, does not mean he won't or shouldn't. In fact to get the best out of Coq there must be good, very good competition.
Now lets turn to Olivier, he is an awful but he does pop like pop corn doesn't he?
Yes he does but we need someone who does it on a regular basis. Who knows how many 0 or 1 pt would have been 3 points for us if only we had an in form 'Thierry Henry'? wink

edi287:

Exactly. Lack of depth has been one of the issues we've had. Bringing in someone like schnederlin or kondogbia would be a good idea as both can also play alongside Coq.
Regarding Coq loan stint at feiburg last season, he was played as a winger; so its understand able.
That has been the bane of Coquelin's football career before now. He has played at RB, AM RM. Yet his best role has always been at DM. When he played that DM role for 4 or 5 games at Charlton, he showed the same form of the Coquelin I used to know at youth level and that's why I'm not surprised at his current form. Even Charlton fans confessed he was above Championship level.
He will definitely improve but I think we need to be careful with him and not put too much pressure on him. Jack IMO is suffering from that at the moment. Same with Wojciech Szczesny. Coquelin is just 23. Competition will help improve his game

Look at Hector. Very good RB but he still has Debuchy to learn from.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:09pm On Mar 14, 2015
edi287:

Oga AW promised to give him a fresh contract. AW believes in everyone even you!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edi287: 9:46pm On Mar 14, 2015
Spy360:

Oga AW promised to give him a fresh contract. AW believes in everyone even you!
IF(and a big if) he can prove his fitness. he's not even training at the moment.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edi287: 9:51pm On Mar 14, 2015
proudlysports:

Abou's contract will not be renewed from what I hear. Who knows, he may just go somewhere else and play a few years with no serious injury. If that happens though, we will need to query our entire medical team and training methods.

Yes he does but we need someone who does it on a regular basis. Who knows how many 0 or 1 pt would have been 3 points for us if only we had an in form 'Thierry Henry'? wink

That has been the bane of Coquelin's football career before now. He has played at RB, AM RM. Yet his best role has always been at DM. When he played that DM role for 4 or 5 games at Charlton, he showed the same form of the Coquelin I used to know at youth level and that's why I'm not surprised at his current form. Even Charlton fans confessed he was above Championship level.
He will definitely improve but I think we need to be careful with him and not put too much pressure on him. Jack IMO is suffering from that at the moment. Same with Wojciech Szczesny. Coquelin is just 23. Competition will help improve his game

Look at Hector. Very good RB but he still has Debuchy to learn from.
Exactly. But according to wenger "if you're good enough, you're old enough". I suppose Arteta is the one Coq's meant to learn from, but he's lost his legs and wants a 2 year contract.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 11:14pm On Mar 14, 2015
After being in an out of form so some time, Ramsey for me has to be the player that really turned it up today. Shame we are at the end of it but hopefully if he can stay fit and consistent along with the other performers like santi, coq, kos. then its a real chance we have to end the season on a high.

Consistency is key and that's what the lads are churning up with each performance. Hope they keep it up
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 11:33pm On Mar 14, 2015
Jencejyde:
After being in an out of form so some time, Ramsey for me has to be the player that really turned it up today. Shame we are at the end of it but hopefully if he can stay fit and consistent along with the other performers like santi, coq, kos. then its a real chance we have to end the season on a high.

The bolded was said at this same time last season and the season before that and that and that....

When will this circus stop
Every year Na a the same thing...suffering and smiling at the Emirates

Please who has that arsenal chart
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coded01: 12:19am On Mar 15, 2015
Arsenal don't want to rest ever since beating Man Utd @ Old Trafford... grin

But my humble advice, no league till Wenger retires or resigns... grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 12:26am On Mar 15, 2015
Coded01 you better leave this useless team wey wan be like barca but no fit win trophies like barca .. awon Oniyeye grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coded01: 12:30am On Mar 15, 2015
fredoooooo:
Coded01 you better leave this useless team wey wan be like barca but no fit win trophies like barca .. awon Oniyeye grin grin grin

grin grin

Honestly, i don't understand why their fans are so loyal to this "yeye" club with "yeye" manager n board members... grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 12:38am On Mar 15, 2015
coded01:

grin grin

Honestly, i don't understand why their fans are so loyal to this "yeye" club with "yeye" manager n board members... grin

that's why I have a gunners girlfriend (my mukenkelicious ) , infact they are also loyal in a relationship. You need to try one cos I'm about to get another one grin grin grin
na juju oga ade (wenger ) dey use for them grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coded01: 12:43am On Mar 15, 2015
fredoooooo:

that's why I have a gunners girlfriend (my mukenkelicious ) , infact they are also loyal in a relationship. You need to try one cos I'm about to get another one grin grin grin
na juju oga ade (wenger ) dey use for them grin grin

grin grin

You are not far from the truth though cos they are very loyal... grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Heathen(m): 9:47am On Mar 15, 2015
Only one point away from city....wow
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 7:46pm On Mar 15, 2015
Heathen:
Only one point away from city....wow

Just as Man U are just a point away from us. It's very tight up there.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 7:55pm On Mar 15, 2015
What i learnt from this week EPL.

1. Man city title challenge is over. They are out of steam.

2. Totenham are out of the top 4 royal rumble, Southampton still have life in them.

3. Man city champions league slot is no longer guaranteed, they have been sucked into the top 4 rat race with Arsenal and Man u breathing down their neck.

4. Chelsea is out of form,but would still win the league, thanks to the points they accumulated during the early stages of the season.

Note to Arsenal: To win the league,you need a good start,and then grit to consolidate on your good start,until the crown is yours.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Danhumprey: 4:11pm On Mar 17, 2015
sod09:
Pls which kind training or fitness kits we get for AFC .....one player come out nd another replace him...ways going on
Gabriel is back, chamberlain replaces him
In short make every fucking board of AFC should live jare
*dies*

Chai!gringringringringringringringringringrin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 7:40pm On Mar 17, 2015
Possible line up
Ospina
Bellerin, Per, Kos, Monreal
Coquelin, Ramsey
Welbz, Ozil, Alexis
Giroud

Maybe Cazorla instead of Ramsey
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mcfarlin(m): 8:07pm On Mar 17, 2015
proudlysports:
Possible line up
Ospina
Bellerin, Per, Kos, Monreal
Coquelin, Ramsey
Welbz, Ozil, Alexis
Giroud

Maybe Cazorla instead of Ramsey

I pray aŕseańal get raped....so that elfenomeno can stop ejäculating on man united's thread.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by An0nimus: 8:10pm On Mar 17, 2015
mcfarlin:

I pray aŕseańal get raped....so that elfenomeno can stop ejäculating on man united's thread.
If man utd loses any game Elfenomeno will still catch his groove on on your thread. Me too. You're free to do similar when Arsenal loses. No shakement grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mcfarlin(m): 8:19pm On Mar 17, 2015
An0nimus:

If man utd loses any game Elfenomeno will still catch his groove on on your thread. Me too. You're free to do similar when Arsenal loses. No shakement grin
lol.

but then elfenomeno is a chicken.

when aŕseańal lose he will go AWOL then come back online after 2weeks to claim that he went on a tour of the indian subcontinent cheesy.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:32pm On Mar 17, 2015
I would av love we win today nd qualify.....but d baba go day make mouth ni

#COYG
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 9:10pm On Mar 17, 2015
Its a long night
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Danhumprey: 9:18pm On Mar 17, 2015
pickabeau1:
Its a long night
Aaarrrggh! A veeerrrryyy looooonnnngggg night!gringrin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Emaprince: 9:23pm On Mar 17, 2015
Nobody is celebrating a goal here? Smh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (3485) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: mostob(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.