Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,450 members, 7,850,571 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:04 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (547) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2352259 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) ... (3544) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 5:18pm On Aug 11, 2015
grin grin grin
sod09:
le coq is human after all
He can't do it alone....
But the great giroud can
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iheanyi40(m): 7:29pm On Aug 11, 2015
Tval:
Sorry people, i couldn't make it to the venue due to some issues. I promise to pay back with a mind blowing performance next time.
don't miss d next party at ya thread dis weekend grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 9:46am On Aug 12, 2015
Flams as proudlysports revealed a few months ago, has now been told he's surplus go requirements at Arsenal.

Looking at the rate we're sending players away and out on loan, are we creating space for new players?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 9:47am On Aug 12, 2015
Meanwhile Chuba Akpom came off the bench to score for Hull last night. His second goal in 2 games
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 9:55am On Aug 12, 2015
I'm still not a fan of Giroud... if the guy score 50 league goals today... I'll still rate Akpom over him... the only reason why I'm backing him is because he plays for the arsenal... that's what other plastic fans don't get... if you're a fan... you're a fan... the people I'm talking to... they know themselves...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 9:58am On Aug 12, 2015
proudly9ja:
Meanwhile Chuba Akpom came off the bench to score for Hull last night. His second goal in 2 games

When I dey tell you... he's ready to play for arsenal... you think say I dey joke... what Akpom wanted to do was impress instead of playing naturally... he had many chances during pre-season... but he did too much... hoping Baba calls him back...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 10:30am On Aug 12, 2015
iPopAlomo:

When I dey tell you... he's ready to play for arsenal... you think say I dey joke... what Akpom wanted to do was impress instead of playing naturally... he had many chances during pre-season... but he did too much... hoping Baba calls him back...
Akpom is not ready to play for Arsenal. I'm glad Arsene finally saw things from my point of view and loaned him out cheesy
Benik Afobe had a better scoring record than Akpom yet we loaned him out and eventually sold him. Not surprised at his scoring form at Wolves.

Like I said when we first had this convo, Akpom needs to play regularly now and staying at Arsenal WILL NOT give him that opportunity. He has Welbeck, Giroud, Theo and maybe even Alexis in front of him. He won't even make the bench and it will mess up his career.

IMO, loan move to Hull is good for his career at this stage. If he keeps his current scoring form, we will loan him again next season to a Premiership side this time and if he remains consistent, he may be ready for Arsenal by 2017/18 season.

He's just 19.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 10:32am On Aug 12, 2015
Damien Martinez played his first game on loan at Wolves last night. His team won 2 - 1. Ex-Arsenal man, Benik Afobe continued from where he stopped last season. He scored Wolves second goal of the game.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 10:43am On Aug 12, 2015
proudly9ja:
Flams as proudlysports revealed a few months ago, has now been told he's surplus go requirements at Arsenal.

Looking at the rate we're sending players away and out on loan, are we creating space for new players?

Most definitely. Patakisports revealed just yesterday that Arsenal intends to buy at least two more world class players into this present squad.

Patakisports is already hearing with one ear that we are looking the way of Sevilla possibly to replace Flams with Grzegorz Krychowiak. That guy was very good against Barcelona yesterday night.

Patakisports will ensure to keep everyone updated as the heat generates with Arsenal transfer biz. Please stay tuned. cool

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 11:27am On Aug 12, 2015
^^^
Lol @patakisport
Shey we no go start our own blog at this rate? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:32pm On Aug 12, 2015
Thinking retrospectively on Cech vs WH

Though most pundits put the blame on him, and they are right because of his pedigree, but was Cech really to blame for Arsenal's loss? No.

On the first goal, the defence went to sleep allowing Kouyate a free header from the front of goal. Cech came out to salvage the situation but due to the distance from where he was, he couldn't get there on time. If he had stayed back, would he still be blamed? Of course they will still blame him for not coming out.

On the second goal, Chamberlain lost the ball while trying to dribble out of the defence, Zarate got it and prepared to shoot, but shockingly Koschieny (what was he thinking, you have Cech not a cat in goal) failed to close him down instead blocking Cech's view, and bam, goal. Yes Cech was wrong footed but if the defence had done their work, we wouldn't be discussing this topic today.

Do you agree with my opinion?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 12:36pm On Aug 12, 2015
proudly9ja:
^^^
Lol @patakisport
Shey we no go start our own blog at this rate? cheesy

I tell you. The Pounds would have been silently streaming in right now. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 12:44pm On Aug 12, 2015
Spy360:

Though most pundits put the blame on him, and they are right because of his pedigree, but was Cech really to blame for Arsenal's loss? No.

On the first goal, the defence went to sleep allowing Kouyate a free header from the front of goal. Cech came out to salvage the situation but due to the distance from where he was, he couldn't get there on time. If he had stayed back, would he still be blamed? Of course they will still blame him for not coming out.

On the second goal, Chamberlain lost the ball while trying to dribble out of the defence, Zarate got it and prepared to shoot, but shockingly Koschieny (what was he thinking, you have Cech not a cat in goal) failed to close him down instead blocking Cech's view, and bam, goal. Yes Cech was wrong footed but if the defence had done their work, we wouldn't be discussing this topic today.

I disagree.

The first goal, had Cech beaten neat and clean. A GK of Cech repute should not be making such mistakes 101. In basic goal keeping from set pieces, once you have determined that you are coming out of your goal post for the ball, there should be no room for error. You clear everything out.

The second goal clearly had the OX to be blamed for. That not withstanding, a few minutes earlier, the Hammers GK had just saved a similar ball which the Hammers scored against us as their second goal.

Cech had very low concentration in that game vs Westham compared to how strong and mentally alert he was in the Community Shield game.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 12:55pm On Aug 12, 2015
I agree

Spy360:

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 2:28pm On Aug 12, 2015
Pataki, no worry, I'll soon start a full Arsenal only blog once we get enough volunteer contributors
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 2:50pm On Aug 12, 2015
Spy360:

I disagree
No one is above mistake but cech was outta of d game....my prayer is AW still keep faith wit him
D defence is same old story...
But giroud is still d chief culprit
Imagine a striker wit no shot at all in first half.....we outplayed WH and shd be outta of site at half time dats y av lost hope in AW...its as if d man is playing wit d team nd fans ...
Even himself know he can't win d epl wit giroud, welbeck nd Walcott
Sanchez ,carzola nd ox will just try...
Imagine him loaning Martinez, we are left with just 2 senior keepers...nd he may not buy any wat if one or d two get injure..he will go for emergency transfer...
My opinion though
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Funpeter: 8:27pm On Aug 12, 2015
proudlysports:
Pataki, no worry, I'll soon start a full Arsenal only blog once we get enough volunteer contributors
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 12:23am On Aug 13, 2015
Rosicky out for about two months following a successful knee operation.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 12:20pm On Aug 13, 2015
on the team news...
Hector Bellerin is back and is available for Sunday. Danny Welbeck is making good progress, but is still not available.

on Jack Wilshere...
We said Jack would be out for four weeks, and he’s in the second week now so he’s on schedule.

on Tomas Rosicky...
Tomas has had surgery on his knee. His agent said he will be out for one or two months, but it will be longer. How long exactly, we don’t know yet.

on Alexis...
Alexis Sanchez is fit, he’s been working hard and is ready for the weekend.

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150813/team-news-bellerin-wilshere-and-alexis#duyDWk2u7Ylwbc4x.99

Glad Bellerin is back though!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chrisley024(m): 5:23pm On Aug 13, 2015
Pataki:

Glad Bellerin is back though!
Zaha licking his lips grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 5:35pm On Aug 13, 2015
chrisley024:

You had better go and start praying your useless team wins tomorrow. Or else, the whole of NL will know about your club tomorrow with the mogbo-moya party that will happen on your thread!

Who is Zaha sef? The one that was playing kerewawa with Moyes's daughter while his mates were playing real football? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chrisley024(m): 5:40pm On Aug 13, 2015
Pataki:

You had better go and start praying your useless team wins tomorrow. Or else, the whole of NL will know about your club tomorrow with the mogbo-moya party that will happen on your thread!

Who is Zaha sef? The one that was playing kerewawa with Moyes's daughter while his mates were playing real football? cheesy
you guys are the ones that need prayer. Crystal Palace ground! shocked cheesy

I'm sure of party either here or chelshit's this weekend cheesy

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iheanyi40(m): 12:19am On Aug 14, 2015
chrisley024:
you guys are the ones that need prayer. Crystal Palace ground! shocked cheesy

I'm sure of party either here or chelshit's this weekend cheesy
tis gonn b both bro grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chrisley024(m): 7:33am On Aug 14, 2015
iheanyi40:
tis gonn b both bro grin
I actually want a draw at the etihad. The two teams should remain where they're.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:47am On Aug 14, 2015
I am changing my top 4 predictions; the ranks and the players that make them tick...

Chelsea- Courtois, Terry, Ivanovic, Fabregas, Willian, Hazard, Oscar, Costa

Man City- Kompany, Toure, Silva, Nasri, Sterling, Aguero, (if they sign De Bruyne)

Arsenal- Cech, Ramsey, Ozil, Chamberlain, Cazorla, Sanchez

Man United- De Gea(if he doesn't leave), Schweinteiger, Mata, Depay, Rooney

Any objections?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 11:03am On Aug 14, 2015
Spy360:
I am changing my top 4 predictions; the ranks and the players that make them tick...

Chelsea- Courtois, Terry, Ivanovic, Fabregas, Willian, Hazard, Oscar, Costa

Man City- Kompany, Toure, Silva, Nasri, Sterling, Aguero, (if they sign De Bruyne)

Arsenal- Cech, Ramsey, Ozil, Chamberlain, Cazorla, Sanchez

Man United- De Gea(if he doesn't leave), Schweinteiger, Mata, Depay, Rooney

Any objections?

Chelsea
Arsenal
United
City
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:27am On Aug 14, 2015
pickabeau1:

Chelsea
Arsenal
United
City
It is a bold move putting United ahead of City even if they sign Pedro.

Arsenal second with a striker called Giroud. Well. smiley
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 12:31pm On Aug 14, 2015
Spy360:
It is a bold move putting United ahead of City even if they sign Pedro.

Arsenal second with a striker called Giroud. Well. smiley

well its bold and I made it with the following premise

continuous team harmony for arsenal n the new keeper
The acquisition of sterling -a dud in my opinion,the injury issues of Aguero and Yaya's inconsistent form
United;s buying for buying sake and its impact on harmony
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:40pm On Aug 14, 2015
pickabeau1:

well its bold and I made it with the following premise

continuous team harmony for arsenal n the new keeper
The acquisition of sterling -a dud in my opinion,the injury issues of Aguero and Yaya's inconsistent form
United;s buying for buying sake and its impact on harmony

So true.

My own predictions where based solely on the quality of players each side possesses. I think Chelsea has a strong first team but a much weaker bench. Same as City. United to me is confused because they want to buy stars which aren't available so end up with mediocres or those who have been rejected by their previous clubs. They would do better by sticking with building a team rather than buying 'stars'. Arsenal has the most balanced squad but lack quality in some key areas- your guess is as good as mine.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 2:01pm On Aug 14, 2015
Spy360:
So true.

My own predictions where based solely on the quality of players each side possesses. I think Chelsea has a strong first team but a much weaker bench. Same as City. United to me is confused because they want to buy stars which aren't available so end up with mediocres or those who have been rejected by their previous clubs. They would do better by sticking with building a team rather than buying 'stars'. Arsenal has the most balanced squad but lack quality in some key areas- your guess is as good as mine.

Lets see how the season goes
But the game against westham was expectred to be a bread and butter game..lol
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edi287: 3:57pm On Aug 14, 2015
chrisley024:
Bellerin is way faster than that manure reject.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edi287: 3:58pm On Aug 14, 2015
pickabeau1:

Lets see how the season goes
But the game against westham was expectred to be a bread and butter game..lol

The team got carried away by the hype. Maybe that loss was a blessing in disguise.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) ... (3544) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.