Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (616) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2314734 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) ... (3485) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 10:58pm On Oct 20, 2015
Kolade354:
Small boy with kid mentality.
Just becos you beat bayern munich means you will have it easy@alllianz arena or in greece.
Do you deserve to top the group, I don't think so, because after losing to dinamo zagreb and olympiakos u beat bayern munich@home and you're just shouting we can top the league.
Be realistic, Bayern munich will top the league(Take that to the Bank) the best finish for arsenal is 2nd.
Enjoy your victory but don't let that get into your head and be deluded man.

Arsenal had beaten a better Bayern team at Allianz Arena in the past. This current Bayern team is over rated.

If Wenger stays tactically ahead of Guardiola like he did today, field Cech as the keeper and maintain today's starting eleven at Allianz Arena. Arsenal will still win Bayern again.

They( Bayern) simply don't have the personnel to play the kind of possession football Guardiola is championing there.

Their midfield triad of Thiago-Alonso-Lahm / Vidal are not more talented than Carzola- Ozil-Coquelin Arsenal triad.

That will always tell on the match.

A fit and firing Robben will give them the edge, but fortunately for Arsenal, they don't have him.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chrisley024(m): 11:00pm On Oct 20, 2015
And he has become a tactical genius cos of the above quote grin

Genius ko! guinnes ni!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:03pm On Oct 20, 2015
pazienza:

This was my pre match analysis of the Bayern match, after our Watford match.

Everything remaining equal, I don't expect any different outcome in Allianz Arena.

Your pre match analysis were brilliant especially that you only an observer, but obviously AW did prove how exceptional he is; that is disproving some of your claims and yet winning comfortably anyhow.

#WengerGenius
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkforyou(m): 11:09pm On Oct 20, 2015
Damn....What a match.....It was just too Fvcking awesome....lol....!!!!! #COYG....!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chrisley024(m): 11:10pm On Oct 20, 2015
pazienza:

Arsenal had beaten a better Bayern team at Allianz Arena in the past. This current Bayern team is over rated.

If Wenger stays tactically ahead of Guardiola like he did today, field Cech as the keeper and maintain today's starting eleven at Allianz Arena. Arsenal will still win Bayern again.

They( Bayern) simply don't have the personnel to play the kind of possession football Guardiola is championing there.

Their midfield triad of Thiago-Alonso-Lahm / Vidal are not more talented than Carzola- Ozil-Coquelin Arsenal triad.

That will always tell on the match.

A fit and firing Robben will give them the edge, but fortunately for Arsenal, they don't have him.
nah, the problem is not about the midfielders cos they controlled the game more and outpassed Arsenal's. The tactics you're talking about is simply Arsenal staying back and counter-attacking which they'd likely win Bayern with in the return leg cos Pep will always attack.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 11:16pm On Oct 20, 2015
Spy360:
Your pre match analysis were brilliant especially that you only an observer, but obviously AW did prove how exceptional he is; that is disproving some of your claims and yet winning comfortably anyhow.

#WengerGenius

Lol! Old man Wenger made me eat my words on Mertesacker.

I will be glad if he keeps making me eat my words like this, if only he keeps the team winning.

Bellerin didn't get much help from Ramsey in dealing with Douglas Costa, I just felt that a quicker Gabriel would have served as better last line of defense incase Douglas slipped pass Bellerin. But obviously, that wasn't an issue as Wenger had that Sorted out.

But I still believe that with Ospina, we might have conceded a cheap goal against Bayern.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 11:21pm On Oct 20, 2015
chrisley024:
nah, the problem is not about the midfielders cos they controlled the game more and outpassed Arsenal's. The tactics you're talking about is simply Arsenal staying back and counter-attacking which they'd likely win Bayern with in the return leg cos Pep will always attack.

Letting them have the possession was part of the plan, knowing that we have better midfielders that can switch defense into attack in a split second.

They controlled shit, we simply let them have their pedestrian possession. With no Messi like player in their team to make quick mesmerizing runs into the box that would disrupt Arsenal's defensive set up, they were doomed from the start.

Alacantara and Vidal are no better passers than Ozil and Carzola.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by hariorh: 11:47pm On Oct 20, 2015
Kolade354:
Small boy with kid mentality.
Just becos you beat bayern munich means you will have it easy@alllianz arena or in greece.
Do you deserve to top the group, I don't think so, because after losing to dinamo zagreb and olympiakos u beat bayern munich@home and you're just shouting we can top the league.
Be realistic, Bayern munich will top the league(Take that to the Bank) the best finish for arsenal is 2nd.
Enjoy your victory but don't let that get into your head and be deluded man.

Can someone screenshot this post?

We may need it as point of reference at the end of the season

grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:28am On Oct 21, 2015
pazienza:

Letting them have the possession was part of the plan, knowing that we have better midfielders that can switch defense into attack in a split second.

They controlled shit, we simply let them have their pedestrian possession. With no Messi like player in their team to make quick mesmerizing runs into the box that would disrupt Arsenal's defensive set up, they were doomed from the start.

Alacantara and Vidal are no better passers than Ozil and Carzola.
Yes, Wenger knew that they would want to hold on to the ball, first due to their comfortable position and second since they would want to neutralise Arsenal's urgency to attack.

Our better midfielders made the difference.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coded01: 5:11am On Oct 21, 2015
chrisley024:
And he has become a tactical genius cos of the above quote grin

Genius ko! guinnes ni!

I tire oh... grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:53am On Oct 21, 2015
On comparing between Sanchez and Ozil, I have mentioned before how Ozil's demeanor betrays him, while Sanchez's vigor usually gets him an ear shutting applause.

But many fail to observe how critical Ozil's contribution is to the team. If you were told that he...
1. Covers more grounds
2. Makes and wins more tackles
3. Creates more scoring chances
4. Poses more threat
5. Gives team mates better confidence
...than Sanchez, would you believe? Infact Ozil is the reason Sanchez is playing so well.

#SuperOzil

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by IZUKWU(m): 7:57am On Oct 21, 2015
How many world class players are in this arsenal team
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by IZUKWU(m): 8:04am On Oct 21, 2015
I could say that coq ,ozil and carzola makes this team tick, but sanchez is the star of the team
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by OgidiOlu3(m): 9:51am On Oct 21, 2015
IZUKWU:
I could say that coq ,ozil and carzola makes this team tick, but sanchez is the star of the team
No, Sanchez and Özil are the stars of the team. We all love Sanchez for his workrate and all his abilities but Özil's love comes to us naturally. Even when he didn't play well, we still had that soft spot for him. Maybe it's because of his demeanor though.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by wonlasewonimi: 10:24am On Oct 21, 2015
So, where's raumdeuter and A40 to come and analyse this
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:58am On Oct 21, 2015
wonlasewonimi:
They got missing with a 'boatank'... cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 11:13am On Oct 21, 2015
Props to Hector. He didn't turn into Darmian and get subbed at half time.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 11:25am On Oct 21, 2015
My Arsenal peeps, I have missed una all oh!

Even the Wenger-bashing dolts are here smiling after we defeated Bayern. Na wa oh! grin

Even with Arsenal not buying A SINGLE outfield field, we defeated the best team in Europe inside our own Home of Football. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by codedguy1(m): 2:41pm On Oct 21, 2015
Pataki:
My Arsenal peeps, I have missed una all oh!

Even the Wenger-bashing dolts are here smiling after we defeated Bayern. Na wa oh! grin

Even with Arsenal not buying A SINGLE outfield field, we defeated the best team in Europe inside our own Home of Football. grin

See as u just dey open teeth since yesterday!

grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 3:15pm On Oct 21, 2015
wonlasewonimi:

Analyze what? We gave Arsenal the game as a gift to help their terrible situation

If this was knockout you can be assured that we would knock Arsenal out like we have always done every single time since Adam left the garden of Eden
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by wonlasewonimi: 4:27pm On Oct 21, 2015
raumdeuter:

Analyze what? We gave Arsenal the game as a gift to help their terrible situation

If this was knockout you can be assured that we would knock Arsenal out like we have always done every single time since Adam left the garden of Eden

Lmao you guys will never accept defeat. Afi gift naa
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 4:52pm On Oct 21, 2015
codedguy1:

See as u just dey open teeth since yesterday!

grin

My guy, you needed to have seen my reaction immediately I came out from the plane and logged on to the internet to check the score. grin

Na una turn tonight. Make una no mess-up!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by An0nimus: 5:08pm On Oct 21, 2015
raumdeuter:

Please give us similar gift next leg grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 5:18pm On Oct 21, 2015
wonlasewonimi:

Lmao you guys will never accept defeat. Afi gift naa

Arsenal are inferior to us. We didnt need to win that game. If we did. then Arsenal have no prayers.

If we meet in knockout its guaranteed for us to eliminate them
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by codedguy1(m): 7:07pm On Oct 21, 2015
Pataki:

My guy, you needed to have seen my reaction immediately I came out from the plane and logged on to the internet to check the score. grin

Na una turn tonight. Make una no mess-up!

I can imagine the smile, ear to ear
grin

Winning was sweet, it being against bayansh must have been sweeter.

CSKA is going down!

Na LvG and Rooney I dey beg.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 7:24pm On Oct 21, 2015
Good win there by the excellent gooners. . . .also good to see some unity in this place.

Passion, drive, intensity and quality- Arsenal had it all on the night. Long may it continue.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 1:25am On Oct 22, 2015
Pataki and Elfenomeno1 una try. Congrats on beating Bayern. At least now, a certain somebody ll shut up abt how Bayern is greater than all EPL teams put together.

This season, EPL 3 - 0 BayanLiga.

Anyways, my predictions......
Bayern to beat u guys in the return leg. And then u guys ll take out ur frustrations on Dinamo at the Emirates. And then Olympiakos to beat or draw Arsenal in Greece. Either way Arsenal finish 3rd and end up in Europa....

Thursday night football awaits grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by IZUKWU(m): 7:05am On Oct 22, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Pataki and Elfenomeno1 una try. Congrats on beating Bayern. At least now, a certain somebody ll shut up abt how Bayern is greater than all EPL teams put together.

This season, EPL 3 - 0 BayanLiga.

Anyways, my predictions......
Bayern to beat u guys in the return leg. And then u guys ll take out ur frustrations on Dinamo at the Emirates. And then Olympiakos to beat or draw Arsenal in Greece. Either way Arsenal finish 3rd and end up in Europa....

Thursday night football awaits grin grin
we will beat olympiakos at their backyard.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:49am On Oct 22, 2015
With Ramsey out for at least 6weeks, Arsene Wenger will turn to Oxlaide Chamberlain. Is it a good sign for The Arsenal?

Ramsey has been the choice for RW because of the variety he brings throughout the pitch- defence, midfield and attack; and also because despite a string of errors he actually is one of the most intelligent and technically gifted players in the team. But despite being a Mr Utility, Ox happen to offer more threat going forward.

Ox has excellent foot work, one of the best dribblers in the league, he has got speed and stamina for his age, a powerful long range strike etc.
His problem from personal observation is that he tends to play before he thinks, and when in a hurry he loses the ball or a pass, and the team is put under pressure from counter attack which usually ends in a goal (vs Monaco and vs West Ham). These mistakes which I call 'school boy errors' stem from lack of experience which itself is due to lack of playing time.

With the quality and potentials in Ox, he carries a huge weight of expectations both from Arsenal and England fans alike, he has just got to step up, and right now there is no better time.

He has got 6weeks to achieve his potential or burst, especially with young vibrant youth players like Iwobi, Campbell, and Jeff waiting on the wings.

Personally I think within this 6weeks of regular playing time he will gain the necessary team work experience; and with his talent, may even put Ramsey finally out of the first team because he was actually preferred by the manager at the beginning of the season.

So we are either about to see another star emerge or another failed project.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:34am On Oct 22, 2015
I heard today is arsene Wenger's bdai
So happy bdai to d boss
In arsene we trust
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 22, 2015
IZUKWU:
we will beat olympiakos at their backyard.
U couldn't even beat dem in ur own backyard but u want to go and win in Greece where no English team has won in a while?? grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by hariorh: 11:53am On Oct 22, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
U couldn't even beat dem in ur own backyard but u want to go and win in Greece where no English team has won in a while?? grin grin

Same thing they said when inter milan, dortmund and the rest beat us at home...

We go surprise una. No worry

grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) ... (3485) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.