Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,051 members, 7,835,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Given A Chance Would You Still Want To Be Nigerian? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Given A Chance Would You Still Want To Be Nigerian? (816 Views)

Mrs Buhari & Edo Prostitution Talk: APC Given A Taste Of Its Own Medicine! / Given A Second Chance, Would You Still Come Back As A Nigerian? / Do Lagosians Still Want An Underground Rail System? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Given A Chance Would You Still Want To Be Nigerian? by WillyEsq1(m): 5:36pm On Sep 23, 2007
Giving a chance would you still want to be Nigerian?. lets tell ourselves the home truth.
Re: Given A Chance Would You Still Want To Be Nigerian? by BigB11(m): 5:59pm On Sep 23, 2007
Absolutely, without any question.

Look, even with all the obstacles, corruption and political mess, Nigeria is still one of the best country in Africa today. And Nigerians still represent parts of the best in the world.

Even with the chance or choice, I truly do not know how to be anything else, but a Nigerian.
I'm very proud of my country, Nigeria and I thank God for giving me the privilege to be a Nigerian.

FYI: do you know how many other people from other African countries that wish to be from Nigeria?

Let's keep hope alive, Nigeria will be back on top shortly.

May God bless Nigeria.
Re: Given A Chance Would You Still Want To Be Nigerian? by grafikdon: 8:23pm On Sep 23, 2007
Without a second thought. . . YES.
Re: Given A Chance Would You Still Want To Be Nigerian? by afrodixie: 5:04am On Sep 24, 2007
Why not?  But must live in America---not in Africa not to talk of Nigeria! kiss

Live as a Nigerian for the first 1/3rd of my life and live in America for the remainder of my life with frequent visits to Nigeria to pose! kiss
Re: Given A Chance Would You Still Want To Be Nigerian? by Seun(m): 5:42am On Sep 24, 2007
I've spent a lot of time trying to adapt to the Nigerian environment. I'd rather reap the benefits of this investment.
Re: Given A Chance Would You Still Want To Be Nigerian? by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 24, 2007
yeah,
Whywouldn't you wanna be among the happeist people in the whole world. cool
Re: Given A Chance Would You Still Want To Be Nigerian? by WillyEsq1(m): 9:18am On Sep 24, 2007
mdsocks:

yeah,
Whywouldn't you want to be among the happeist people in the whole world. cool
yeah, suffering and smiling kind of happiness abby.
Re: Given A Chance Would You Still Want To Be Nigerian? by Seun(m): 9:26am On Sep 24, 2007
The most wretched Nigerian in today's world is more wealthy than the richest village chief in yesterday's world.
Re: Given A Chance Would You Still Want To Be Nigerian? by WillyEsq1(m): 9:42am On Sep 24, 2007
Seun:

The most wretched Nigerian in today's world is more wealthy than the richest village chief in yesterday's world.
oga Seun is this your reason for wanting to remain a Nigerian. it is suspect.
Re: Given A Chance Would You Still Want To Be Nigerian? by osereka(m): 9:44am On Sep 24, 2007
YEA

but will like to come back
as DANGOTE OR ADENUGA OR BEN BRUSE OR LAGBAJA
OR IBB OR OBJ OR THE SULTAN OF SOKOTO grin
Re: Given A Chance Would You Still Want To Be Nigerian? by chidichris(m): 9:53am On Sep 25, 2007
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS,
it is a land of opportunities maybe it will get to my turn to be the president or his aid so that i will use the presidential jet to carry money go everywhere in the world.
where else can i get such oportunity to buy massage machine with gov money or renovate my house with billions or take contract money and refuse to do the work.
please cancel this question because i want to be and remain a nigeria ten times
Re: Given A Chance Would You Still Want To Be Nigerian? by tonia2000(f): 10:25am On Sep 25, 2007
VERY MUCH.cheers shocked
Re: Given A Chance Would You Still Want To Be Nigerian? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 25, 2007
Dear Nairalanders,
over my corpse!!!!!!!!!!!
Not with d fact that i am a graduate yet i cant boast of,
i reject it by fire,force
Wetin do America?
Re: Given A Chance Would You Still Want To Be Nigerian? by afrodixie: 7:09pm On Sep 25, 2007
abanna:

Dear Nairalanders,
over my corpse!!!!!!!!!!!
Not with d fact that i am a graduate yet i can't boast of,
i reject it by fire,force
Wetin do America?

Hey baby! Come on down!  The latinos are making it possible for free citizenship soon!  Please---America needs you! kiss Leave Nigeria for the "true Nigerians"-------the ever suffering and smiling ones!!! kiss

In the country of the blind--the quarter-eyed master is king! wink
Re: Given A Chance Would You Still Want To Be Nigerian? by denex: 10:44pm On Sep 25, 2007
Well, personally I really don't know. I believe the main reason why I love Nigeria so much is because I am naturally a Nigerian.

Perhaps if I'd been given a choice before coming to this world, I don't know if I would have chosen Nigeria. Even if I did, I don't know if I would have chosen this period to live in during Nigeria's history.

Generally, right now, I'm just in love with Cape Verde. It is in no way better than Nigeria, in fact two thirds of the citizens of Cape Verde have fled the country to Angola, Gambia and Portugal due to hardship, but I'm just in love with the place.

Though the reason for me choosing to be a Nigerian would be that all other citizens of the world are too dull mentally compared to Nigerians. I'd rather be a smart beggar that a dumb king because not only can the smart beggar can overthrow the dumb king, but the dumb king may even plot to overthrow the smart beggar and trade places.

Just for the love of knowing deep in my heart that I'm a sharpman, I may end up opting for Naija and abandoning my ecclectic love for Cape Verde and my fantasy of finding ATLANTIS.
Re: Given A Chance Would You Still Want To Be Nigerian? by Prince22(m): 2:19am On Sep 26, 2007
Yesoooooo

Nig. is very lively and other countries enjoy most things happening in this country

Despite, we are naturally blessed and gifted.
Re: Given A Chance Would You Still Want To Be Nigerian? by Dios(f): 3:45am On Sep 26, 2007
Yes, because I've seen both sides of the coin.

No, because the nigerian side sucks.
Re: Given A Chance Would You Still Want To Be Nigerian? by afrodixie: 6:42am On Sep 26, 2007
Dios:

Yes, because I've seen both sides of the coin.

No, because the nigerian side sucks.

God bless you for being a true Nigerian! kiss

The true Nigerian despite love for Nigeria knows that Nigeria sucks!
Re: Given A Chance Would You Still Want To Be Nigerian? by seyibrown(f): 2:45pm On Oct 02, 2007
I am proudly Nigerian and will always be in subsequent lifetimes given the choice.

God bless our Nigeria!!!
Re: Given A Chance Would You Still Want To Be Nigerian? by sanrima(f): 2:51pm On Oct 02, 2007
yes i would love to be a nigerian over and over again! just dat i would love to be a nigerian with plenty of money grin grin cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Impeachment ! / Do You Love Or Regret Being A Nigerian / Nigerian Lighthouse ****speak Up Nigeria Finalists!****

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.