Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Given A Second Chance, Would You Still Come Back As A Nigerian? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Given A Second Chance, Would You Still Come Back As A Nigerian? (938 Views)

5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 / Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala / Given A Chance Would You Still Want To Be Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Given A Second Chance, Would You Still Come Back As A Nigerian? by druid06(m): 2:56pm On Aug 04, 2012
Yesterday, I and my cousin was busy sharing and discussing about the economic and political situation of this country. I was complaining about the bad roads, poor healthcare, degrading schooling system and education, poor infastructure, corrupt officials and leaders, extremist islamic problems to mention a few. I argued that the country is a failed state and it would take the special grace of GOD to return the country back to it's bliss it was before everything was ruined and I mentioned something. I asked him as question. I asked him if he died and was given a second chance, would he choose to come back as a Nigerian or to another nationality. To my surprised he told me, if he was given a chance to come back into the world after his death, he would surely come back a Nigerian. I asked him why?. His reason was that even though Nigerian is on the '' verge of being a failed state '', there's still hope. He mentioned to me that there's no where in the world that I would enjoy freedom except for Nigeria and he sees a better future for this country. He said Nigerian is the only country where you could get away with petty crime and offenses like speeding ticket, disobeying traffic rules. A country where to become successful is left for you as an individual and he mentioned some pretty points..

As for me, I see no future for this country. I don't think it would ever get better and it's only going to get worse. If you ask me where I would like to be in my next life. I would say I would like to be Canadian. I like the people, they're very nice..

So what about you? and please give your reasons.
Re: Given A Second Chance, Would You Still Come Back As A Nigerian? by rusher14: 5:50pm On Oct 25, 2012
Sorry mate.
Your posts are intelligent unfortunately many Nigerians aren't, so don't be expecting many replies.
In any future incarnations I hope to be a Canadian as well.
That is if Canada is the same and not a new Nigeria with a different name. cheesy grin sad

2 Likes

Re: Given A Second Chance, Would You Still Come Back As A Nigerian? by kikky65: 11:38am On Apr 12, 2013
druid06: Yesterday, I and my cousin was busy sharing and discussing about the economic and political situation of this country. I was complaining about the bad roads, poor healthcare, degrading schooling system and education, poor infastructure, corrupt officials and leaders, extremist islamic problems to mention a few. I argued that the country is a failed state and it would take the special grace of GOD to return the country back to it's bliss it was before everything was ruined and I mentioned something. I asked him as question. I asked him if he died and was given a second chance, would he choose to come back as a Nigerian or to another nationality. To my surprised he told me, if he was given a chance to come back into the world after his death, he would surely come back a Nigerian. I asked him why?. His reason was that even though Nigerian is on the '' verge of being a failed state '', there's still hope. He mentioned to me that there's no where in the world that I would enjoy freedom except for Nigeria and he sees a better future for this country. He said Nigerian is the only country where you could get away with petty crime and offenses like speeding ticket, disobeying traffic rules. A country where to become successful is left for you as an individual and he mentioned some pretty points..

As for me, I see no future for this country. I don't think it would ever get better and it's only going to get worse. If you ask me where I would like to be in my next life. I would say I would like to be Canadian. I like the people, they're very nice..

So what about you? and please give your reasons.

LMAO....shitgeria can be define as not just a failed state,but a failed state with ignorant fvckin r3tard scumbag pple aslo knw as suffering nd smilling m00rons. grin grin cool

2 Likes

Re: Given A Second Chance, Would You Still Come Back As A Nigerian? by kikky65: 11:40am On Apr 12, 2013
rusher14: Sorry mate.
Your posts are intelligent unfortunately many Nigerians aren't, so don't be expecting many replies.
In any future incarnations I hope to be a Canadian as well.
That is if Canada is the same and not a new Nigeria with a different name. cheesy grin sad

hahaha.... grin cool
Re: Given A Second Chance, Would You Still Come Back As A Nigerian? by clemsajayi07(m): 4:47pm On Apr 12, 2013
yes but i would have to do some things rightly at the early stage of my life...dnt ask me WHAT
Re: Given A Second Chance, Would You Still Come Back As A Nigerian? by ninja4life(m): 5:29pm On Apr 12, 2013
WHY NOT
Re: Given A Second Chance, Would You Still Come Back As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 12, 2013
This question may not be of any relevance.

Nigeria will most likely cease to exist before my generation passes.
Re: Given A Second Chance, Would You Still Come Back As A Nigerian? by Rooneyboy(m): 5:56pm On Apr 12, 2013
of course would always love to come back as a Nigerian BUT as a politician's child grin

1 Like

Re: Given A Second Chance, Would You Still Come Back As A Nigerian? by igbeke: 5:59pm On Apr 12, 2013
y not? 9geria is a great location (not a country).
i tink d only tin wrong wit it is leadership.
if only dis can be changed, den 9ja is potentially d greatest country in d world.
Re: Given A Second Chance, Would You Still Come Back As A Nigerian? by juman(m): 7:58pm On Apr 12, 2013
Never.

Nigeria is a delusional country. One nigeria is the problem.
Re: Given A Second Chance, Would You Still Come Back As A Nigerian? by dasparrow: 8:31pm On Apr 12, 2013
@Post

I am afraid not.
Re: Given A Second Chance, Would You Still Come Back As A Nigerian? by rash47(m): 9:03pm On Apr 12, 2013
If only I will be made the president so that I will excute the ghanian style revolution, haha
Re: Given A Second Chance, Would You Still Come Back As A Nigerian? by omenka(m): 5:10am On Apr 13, 2013
If the electricity supply problem has been fixed, and people like Obj, Atiku, IBB, Labaran Maku, Aondokaa, Anenih, OGD, Bode George, Ndudi Okereke, Cecilia Ibru, Jonathan, Patience, tony Elumelu, Bode George, Adamu Ciroma, Atiku Abubakar, David Mark, Abdulahi Adamu, Rev Jolly Nyame, Uduaghan, Bello Adoke, Timipre Sylva, Tafa Balogun, Amadu Ali, Tukur, Maurice Iwu, Bankole, etc etc ect, are all serving life sentences without posibility of parole (not to mention pardon) with hard labour, I'd like to come back as a Nigerian, otherwise, a citizen of the Vatican or Luxemburg would do.
Re: Given A Second Chance, Would You Still Come Back As A Nigerian? by Pataki: 5:32am On Apr 13, 2013
Straight forward NO.
Re: Given A Second Chance, Would You Still Come Back As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 5:39am On Apr 13, 2013
I
Re: Given A Second Chance, Would You Still Come Back As A Nigerian? by kikky65: 1:44pm On Apr 19, 2013
Nigeria is a big DISCRACE to westAfrica. After 54years of independece u cant boast of effective power supply. Even if i was a nigerian, i would say a BIG SHAME to its pple nd its nation.
Re: Given A Second Chance, Would You Still Come Back As A Nigerian? by Dede1(m): 3:26pm On Apr 19, 2013
NEVER!!!!
Re: Given A Second Chance, Would You Still Come Back As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 19, 2013
Back as a Nigerian? Never! Maybe as a white American or a Japanese!
Nigeria is completly lawless highly disorganise, what we call freedom is absolute lawlesness, if you contravene trafic law, u shuld expect to b booked, even as a president!

2 Likes

Re: Given A Second Chance, Would You Still Come Back As A Nigerian? by Scarpon(m): 12:45am On Apr 20, 2013
I will come as a mixture of Japanese and American

(1) (Reply)

Is Dino Melaye A Human Rights Activist By Abubakar Usman. / Stay In Bauchi For Seven Years And You Become Full Citizen-yuguda To Non Indigen / Front Page Pls: GEJ Was Right About Transparency International. Read The Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.