Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,456 members, 7,846,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:49 AM

My Wife Beats Me, Man Tells Court - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Beats Me, Man Tells Court (865 Views)

My Wife Always Tears My Boxers To Rape Me, Man Tells Court / I Apply ‘love Charm’ On My Manhood To Win My Wife Back – Man Tells Court / “my Wife Beats Me Every Day” Man Cries For Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Wife Beats Me, Man Tells Court by aloyemeka1: 12:42am On Nov 25, 2011
[size=14pt]My Wife Beats Me, Man Tells Court [/size]

A civil servant and father of three, Vincent Obodo, 43 has pleaded with an Otto-Ijanikin Customary Court, Ojo Local Government, Lagos, southwest Nigeria to save him from his second wife who, he confessed, was fond of beating him.

Testifying in the petition he filed against his wife, Angela, the divorce-seeking man accused Angela of beating him with broom and pestle whenever they fought.

Obodo told the court that he married Angela out of pity, adding that his decision to marry her as a second wife was a major mistake.

He said since he married her, he has not known peace. He also accused her of patronising soothsayers and native doctors and often acted on the good or bad information they gave her.

“I married Angela out of pity because we were childhood friends back in the village. I was already married with children when I met her again and the childhood love we once shared was ignited and an illicit romance kicked off.

“When our affairs became risky and my wife started suspecting our movements, I had to formalise our union by visiting her parents. I paid her bride price while I also performed all other marital rites,” he said.

Speaking further, the Kokori-Delta State born father of three, said: “To avoid clash, I decided to let my wives stay in different apartments. But whenever I am with Angela, she would be so obsessed and ready to go to any length to see that I don’t communicate with my first wife.

“Whenever she hears a rumour about me and other women, she will charge at me like an angry bull and beat me silly. In most instances, she uses broom, her slippers and even pestle to hit me so hard. The last incident was when she accused me of sleeping with her salesgirl, Anna.

“She almost killed me and threatened to hire killers to silence Anna. The last time we had a quarrel, she told me shamelessly to my face that if not that she loves me dearly, she would have taken care of me the way she treated her ex-boyfriend who jilted her.

“She threatened to organise boys to kidnap and beat me up. After all she had done to me and other things I heard about her, I don’t want to die in her arms,” he pleaded with the court.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/11/24/my-wife-beats-me-man-tells-court/
Re: My Wife Beats Me, Man Tells Court by kelz88(f): 2:34am On Nov 25, 2011
He left his first wife for this? LOL!
Serves you right, dude.
Re: My Wife Beats Me, Man Tells Court by okosodo: 7:11am On Nov 25, 2011
The man created it for himself

(1) (Reply)

Is This Right? / Mother And Daughter Reunited After 40 Years Through Facebook. / Shelter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.