Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,504 members, 7,816,197 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram (23038 Views)

Controversy Surrounding The Significance Of Ashura (10th Day Of Muharram) / To Fast On The 9th And 10th Of Muharram(23rd And 24th Nov.2012) / 10th Day Of Muharram: The Reason Muslims Fast On This Day Makes Me Curious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by vedaxcool(m): 8:26am On Dec 01, 2011
Zhul-fiqar:

do you have any shame left in you for even Islam you claim to believe in? is this how sunnis are taught to behave? no akhlaq?

there are other threads where you have been proliferating lies and stubbornly clinging on to them by repeating them.must you repeat them here?

even if you hate the Shia so much,would you join a kafir to spread nonsense in this thread and at this period of remembrance of Imam Hussein (as)? at least if you hate us,try to show some respect to the memory of Imam Hussein (as).

you accuse us of "following information passed down" by men you alleged were cursed by our beloved Imams (as)? are you sure? are the hadiths we quote to support the Shia views from sunni books passed down by those men you alleged were "cursed"? how did accursed men find a way into sunni books o hadiths? i have never quoted a shia hadith for or any sunni when discussing with you.i always quote hadiths from sunni sources as you can see in the thread whose link is copied in the above paragraph.

a man that insults the Prophet's pbuh wife and companions for a living still has the audacity to pretend to have shame! what a world will live, the Nasibis are at it again, lies they all have been programmed to believe in the truth will always be told, Ali r.a never believed in the immamah, whatever you emotional tantrums pushes you to post has little bearing on the matter I have expressed. Shias are taught to behave in what way exactly? oh Insult the Prophets' pbuh wives, companions and even mock the Qur'an calling it Incomplete, your Islam has lots of question marks an commas indeed! This same shais are only taught how to curse when they have no valid points to bring. The same Hadith you quote which we showed the context and prove some where weak or fabricated, is that a valid way to prove anything, Like wise https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-801527.160.html#msg9622978
Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by chakula: 3:30pm On Dec 01, 2011
I can see no reason people should contribute towards the development of Shi'as stuff why must you makes the thread to grow? If you silence from posting on any thread prepared by them it will better and lagosshia and Co for sure will allowed you rest.
Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by Zhulfiqar1: 9:23pm On Dec 01, 2011
vedaxcool:

a man that insults the Prophet's pbuh wife and companions for a living still has the audacity to pretend to have shame! what a world will live, the Nasibis are at it again, lies they all have been programmed to believe in the truth will always be told, Ali r.a never believed in the immamah, whatever you emotional tantrums pushes you to post has little bearing on the matter I have expressed. Shias are taught to behave in what way exactly? oh Insult the Prophets' pbuh wives, companions and even mock the Qur'an calling it Incomplete, your Islam has lots of question marks an commas indeed! This same shais are only taught how to curse when they have no valid points to bring. The same Hadith you quote which we showed the context and prove some where weak or fabricated, is that a valid way to prove anything, Like wise https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-801527.160.html#msg9622978

your post was refuted here:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-801527.192.html#msg9673497
i pity for you not to have cardiac arrest with all the lies you copy and paste and believe in.each time i refute you and clarify matters,it will only shock you.
Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by Zhulfiqar1: 9:42pm On Dec 01, 2011
[b]The Prophet Muhammad(s) said: ‘An angel that has never visited me before, entered my house today and said to me: ‘This son of yours (Hussain) will be killed. If you wish, I can give you some soil from the earth wherein he shall die’. The Prophet (s) then said: ‘The angel brought to me soil that was red’’. Fadhail Sahaba by Ahmed Ibn Hanbal, volume 2 page 965 Hadith 1357:

In Musnad Abi Ya’la Al-Musili, Volume 1 page 298 Hadith 363:
Abdullah ibn Naji narrated from his father who said: ‘I went with Ali, they approached Nainawa as they were going to the battle of Siffeen then Ali called out and said: ‘O Aba Abdullah (epithet of Imam Hussain), have patience, O Aba Abdullah have patience on the bank of the Euphrates’. I asked: ‘What do you mean by Aba Abdullah’? Ali replied: ‘One day I went into the room of the Prophet (s) whilst his (s) eyes were gushing with tears, I therefore asked of him: ‘O Prophet (s), has someone angered you? What makes your eyes gush with tears?’ He (s) replied: ‘Gabriel has just left me; he (Gabriel) told me that Hussain will be killed on the banks of the Euphrates river. Gabriel then said to him (s): ‘Shall I let you smell its soil (wherein Hussain will be killed)? I said: ‘Yes’. So Gabriel extended his hand and presented a handful of the soil and gave it to me, I was then unable to prevent my eyes from gushing into tears’’’.

Hussain Asad Salim said:
‘The chain is Hasan’. Haythmani has recorded it in Majma al-Zawaid. Ahmed Ibn Hanbal also has narrated it as did Abu Ya’la and Bazzar and Tabrani and the narrators are Thiqaat (trustworthy).
[/b]
Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by Zhulfiqar1: 9:45pm On Dec 01, 2011
Ashura In Kano:First Ten Days of Muharram Commemorating the Matyrdom of Imam Hussain (as)

Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by Zhulfiqar1: 9:49pm On Dec 01, 2011
Ashura In Zaria:First Ten Days of Muharram Commemorating the Matyrdom of Imam Hussain (as)

Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by Zhulfiqar1: 9:53pm On Dec 01, 2011
chakula:

I can see no reason people should contribute towards the development of Shi'as stuff why must you makes the thread to grow? If you silence from posting on any thread prepared by them it will better and lagosshia and Co for sure will allowed you rest.

brother,our development and success depends on Allah alone.it does not depend on anyone's contribution.Allah (praise be to Him) has promised in the Holy Quran that His religion (Islam) will succeed despite the hate and dislike of the disbelievers.and we tell you in all truthfulness that what the Shia school of thought teaches is pure and true Islam without blemish as it was practiced by Muhammad (sawaws) and His Household and trustworthy Sabaha and his rightly guided successors who were the 12 Imams (as).that being the case,our success depends on Allah alone.
Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by LagosShia: 11:38am On Dec 02, 2011
[b]Sayings of Imam Hussain (as):

"I never revolted in vain, as a rebel or as a tyrant, but I rose seeking reformation for the nation of my grandfather Mohammad. I intend to enjoin good and forbid evil, to act according to the traditions of my grandfather, and my father Ali Ibn Abi-Talib". (Bihar al- Anwar, Vol. 44, P. 329)

"Those who worship God for the hope of gaining , they’re not real worshippers ,they’re merchants. Those who worship God out of fear ( of punishment ) , they’re slaves. And those who worship God to be grateful towards their creator , they are the free people , and their worship is a real one". (Bihar al- Anwar, Vol. 78 , P. 117)

"If you don’t believe in any religion and don’t fear the Resurrection Day, at least be free in this world". (Bihar al- Anwar, Vol. 45, P. 51)

"People are slaves to the world , and as long as they live favorable and comfortable lives , they are loyal to religious principles. However , at hard times , the times of trials , true religious people are scarce". (Bihar al- Anwar, Vol. 78 , P. 117)

"Don’t you see that the right is not conveyed and the wrong is not prohibited. Let believers wish to die and righteously meet their God". (Bihar al- Anwar, Vol. 78 , P. 117)

"To me , death is nothing but happiness, and living under tyrants nothing but living in a hell". (Tohaf-al- Uqoul , P. 245)

"O’ God! Surely you know that whatever we did was not a competition to gain worldly positions and not for the worthless physical attractions of the world. But to show the signs of religious ways and to remove corruption from your lands , so that the oppressed feel secured and act according to your traditions and rules". (Tohaf-al- Uqoul, P. 239)[/b]
Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by Zhulfiqar1: 12:46pm On Dec 02, 2011
Ashura In The Islamic Holy City of Qom,Islamic Republic of Iran:First Ten Days of Muharram Commemorating the Matyrdom of Imam Hussain (as)

Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by Zhulfiqar1: 12:50pm On Dec 02, 2011
Ashura In Tyre,Lebanon:First Ten Days of Muharram Commemorating the Matyrdom of Imam Hussain (as)

Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by Zhulfiqar1: 12:55pm On Dec 02, 2011
Ashura In Tarout, Saudi Arabia:First Ten Days of Muharram Commemorating the Matyrdom of Imam Hussain (as)

Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by Zhulfiqar1: 12:59pm On Dec 02, 2011
Ashura In Al-Qatif, Saudi Arabia:First Ten Days of Muharram Commemorating the Matyrdom of Imam Hussain (as)

Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by Zhulfiqar1: 1:05pm On Dec 02, 2011
Ashura In As-Saihat,Saudi Arabia:First Ten Days of Muharram Commemorating the Matyrdom of Imam Hussain (as)

Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by LagosShia: 6:14pm On Dec 02, 2011
Christian Scholar,Antoine Bara On The Greatness of Imam Hussain (as) and His Sacrificial Matyrdom For Islam In Karbala:

[size=14pt]"If Hussain was one of us,we would have put up a flag and a minaret for him in every part of the earth and called the people to Christianity"[/size]

He Also Stated:

[size=14pt]“I believe that all of the West will follow Imam Hussein, if they know enough about his revolution and its noble purposes”.[/size]
Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 02, 2011
Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by LagosShia: 10:42am On Dec 03, 2011
Sayings of Imam Hussain (as):

"Whoever seeks the satisfaction of people through disobedience of God; Then God subjects him to people". (Bihar al- Anwar, Vol. 78, P. 126)

"Avoid oppressing the one who does not have any supporter against you, other than the Almighty God". (Bihar al- Anwar, Vol. 78, P. 118)

"The most generous person is the one who offers help to those who do not expect him to help". (Bihar al- Anwar, Vol. 78 , P. 121)

"We are the victorious party of God , we are the household of the Messenger of God and the relatives of him. We are the dignified and chaste family of the prophet , we are one of the two great weights of which the prophet of God has appointed us as the second to the book of God ( which is the first of the two weights)-
(see hadith ath-thaqalain).The book in which there are explanations for everything. There is no wrong in it. The Holy Koran for which we have been trusted to interpret. We will never be helpless in its interpretation. In our interpretation , we follow the facts of the Holly Quran. O’ people do obey us, because obeying us is compulsory for you, and is tantamount to obeying God and his Messenger". (Bihar al- Anwar, Vol. 44 , P. 205)

Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by Zhulfiqar1: 11:54am On Dec 03, 2011
[size=14pt]The Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.) said:
"Surely, there exists in the hearts of the Mu' mineen (believers), with respect to the martyrdom of Hussain(a.s.), a heat that never subsides".

Mustadrak al-Wasail, vol. 10,pg. 318.
[/size]
Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by LagosShia: 6:21pm On Dec 03, 2011
Imam Hussain (as) said:"O’ God! , you know my revolt against the rule of Bani Ummayah did not stem from any greed for power, or for taking revenge. I stood against the tyrant of my time to reveal the genuine image of your divine religion , and to make social reforms in order to save the oppressed and pave the way for them to act according to your rules. And you people ! If you don’t support us and treat us fairly , tyrants and oppressors will dominate you to blow out divine illumination. Surely God Almighty is our strong supporter , upon whom we rely , from whom we seek help , and towards whom is our return". (Bihar al- Anwar, Vol. 97 , P. 80)
Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by LagosShia: 1:59pm On Dec 04, 2011
[b]Sayings Of Imam Hussain (as):

"Thanks to God , whatever God wills will happen , there is no power except stemming from Allah ( God ). Death has been written on the son of Adam( human being ) in such a suitable way like the elegance of a necklace around the neck of a young girl. I am so eager to meet my ancestors like the enthusiasm of Jacob to see Joseph. The divine fate has destined for me a place of killing to which I have to go. As if ( I can see ) my body parts and members are torn by the hungry wolves of a district between Nawawis and Karbala to quench there thirst and hanger by killing me. There is no escape from such a divine fate. We , the household of the Prophet , are subservient to whatever God has destined us. We will be patient on this calamity which he has planned for us. Of course his Almighty will give us the reward of the patients. We are ( as ) the body parts of the Prophet and his body parts will not separate from him. We will be surrounding the Prophet in the Paradise. By our departure from this world the Prophet will be delighted. The promises that have been given to us will be fulfilled. Now , whoever among us is ready for martyrdom and has prepared himself for death and is fond of meeting God , will move with us. We will set out tomorrow ; God willing". (Bihar al- Anwar, Vol. 44 , P. 366)

"O’ people do know that this world is a mortal/house". (Nasikh At’tareekh , Vol. 6 , Part. 2 , P. 2

"I do not know companions more loyal and better than my companions ,neither do I know a household more honourable and passionate than my household. May the Almighty rewards you for the favors you have done me". (Bihar al- Anwar, Vol. 44 , P. 392)

"The Almighty God elevates His worshippers for their patience in enduring difficulties". (Bihar al- Anwar, Vol. 45 , P. 90)

"Know that Surely the world’s sweetness and bitterness are all ( nothing but )dreams. Awareness is solely in the hereafter. The winner is the one who wins the other world and the wretched is the one who becomes wretched in it ( the hereafter )". (Bihar al- Anwar, Vol. 45 , P. 91)

"Praise to God who created the world and made it a mortal, unstable and uncertain house the residents of which keep changing and under going ups and downs , wretched and miserable are those who are deceived by the fleeting and transient pleasures and attractions of this world". (Bihar al- Anwar, Vol. 45 , P. 5)

[/b]
Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by LagosShia: 10:37pm On Dec 05, 2011
[b][size=16pt]TOMORROW IS THE 10TH OF MUHARRAM (DAY OF ASHURA) AND THIS IS MY MESSAGE TO THE PROPHET OF ALLAH,MUHAMMAD IBN ABDULLAH (SA) AND HIS GRANDSON,IMAM HUSSAIN (as)![/size]

centuries ago when Imam Hussain (as) stood alone and lonely after all his loyal Shia (loyal followers of the Ahlul-Bayt) were massacred and the Ahlul-Bayt (as) members also,in the plain of Karbala, Imam Hussain (as) asked: is there any helper to help us?

tomorrow is another day when millions of Muslim believers the world over shall reply Imam Hussain (as) with 3 words in Arabic:"LABBAIKA YA HUSSAIN" ("at your service O Hussain"!).

tomorrow, we will be wearing our black dresses and remembering the day our beloved Prophet Muhammad (sa) shed tears for Hussain (as) even before the event of Karbala took place.

tomorrow is the 10th of Muharram known as the Day Of Ashura. the day Imam Hussain (as) was beheaded by the forces of tyranny and injustice. The forces of terrorism which emanated from the barbaric Arabian culture of Quraysh, the source of pre-Islamic oppression and injustice. This is the same barbarism giving Muslims today bad image. Insha’Allah, by commemorating the martyrdom of Imam Hussain (as) tomorrow we are sending a clear message against terrorism, tyranny, arrogance, imperialism and injustice. the message of Imam Hussain (as) is the triumph of blood over the sword and over 1400 years, the tyrants still detest the name of Hussain and his revolution. They try their best to extinguish the light of Allah. But Allah rejects their bidding and will perfect His light.

Tomorrow is the day the skies wept blood. O followers of Muhammad (sa),is there any helper to help Hussain (as)? Hussain (as) is calling us to his rescue.we may be more than 1400 years late.but our intention and stance is :”LABBAIKA YA HUSSAIN”!!!

Tomorrow is the day we shall make our stance clear that we stand with Muhammad (sa) and the purified members of his household, the Ahlul-Bayt (as).tomorrow is a day of opposing the enemies of the Ahlul-Bayt (as) and exposing their atrocities which many try to hide up to this day.tomorrow is the day of disassociation from the enemies of Allah and his Prophet (sa) and the Ahlul-Bayt (as).tomorrow is the day of allegiance to Allah (praise be to Him).tomorrow we shall support the truth even though we were not present in Karbala and the message of Hussain (as) will continue to revive Islam and awaken the Muslims from slumber. tomorrow we shall pay our allegiance to the proof and representative of Allah on earth. The Imam of guidance and light from the progeny of Muhammad (sa).tomorrow we shall prove our opposition to the son of shaitan,Yazeed and his father Iblis. we shall send our blessings and peace upon Muhammad and the Household of Muhammad (sa).and we shall rain abundant curses upon their enemies from the first to the last one.

Let the enemies of Allah beware that Hussain (as) cannot die. He is immortalized. His sacrifice is the heat that never subsides in the heart of the believers as Muhammad (sa) the messenger of Allah said. Even if we are opposed, taunted, hunted, blown into pieces we shall not forget or ignore the call of our Imam. Let the world know that our deen is Muhammadiyya, our path is Alawiyyah and our death is Hussainiya. every day is Ashura and every land is Karbala we shall proclaim. For so long as Hussain (as) lives in our minds and hearts, so long shall Islam live in our veins and blood. No one on earth and no one in the skies shall stop us from replying the call of Imam Hussain (as) and tell him that in this time and place we are his helpers. If we can turn back time to the tragedy of Karbala,our necks are the gifts to be cut into pieces but never would we have allowed the neck of the son of Muhammad (sa) to be cut into pieces.O Muhammad (sa) witness that we are the servants of Hussain (as).mark us among those you shall intercede for on judgment day. remember us as those who love those who love Hussain (as) and curse those who hate Hussain (as).for you O Muhammad (sa) have told us:”Hussain is from me and I am from Hussain”. O Muhammad (sa) beware that tomorrow we shall prove with our hearts, blood of tears and strength that we are from Hussain (as) and Hussain is also from us. Remember us O Muhammad (sa) that we want to be from you and for you through you son,Hussain (as). Tomorrow for your sake and remembrance, we shall shout with the highest peak of our voices:

LABBAIKA YA HUSSAIN, LABBAIKA YA HUSSAIN, LABBAIKA YA HUSSAIN!!![/b]
Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by LagosShia: 10:52pm On Dec 05, 2011
“In a distant age and climate, the tragic scene of the death of Hosein will awaken the sympathy of the coldest reader.”

(The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, London,1911, volume 5, p. 391-392)

-Edward Gibbon (English historian and member of parliament):
Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by LagosShia: 10:54pm On Dec 05, 2011
“My faith is that the progress of Islam does not depend on the use of sword by its believers, but the result of the supreme sacrifice of Hussain (A.S.), the great saint.”

-Mahatma Gandhi
Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by LagosShia: 10:56pm On Dec 05, 2011
“I congratulate Muslims that from among them, Hussain (A.S.), a great human being was born, who is revered and honored totally by all communities"

-Sarojini Naidu
Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by LagosShia: 10:58pm On Dec 05, 2011
“Imam Hussain’s (A.S.) sacrifice is for all groups and communities, an example of the path of rightousness.”

-Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru,the First Prime Minister of India.
Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by LagosShia: 11:06pm On Dec 05, 2011
“…a reminder of that blood-stained field of Karbala, where the grandson of the Apostle of God fell, at length, tortured by thirst, and surround by the bodies of his murdered kinsmen, has been at anytime since then, sufficient to evoke, even in the most lukewarm and the heedless, the deepest emotion, the most frantic grief, and an exaltation of spirit before which pain, danger, and death shrink to unconsidered trifles.” (A Literary History of Persia, London, 1919, p.227)

-Edward G. Brown (Professor at the University of Cambridge)
Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by LagosShia: 12:20am On Dec 06, 2011

"Surely, Allah has chosen for us followers (Shia), who assist us and are happy at our happiness and are sad in our sadness."(Ghurar al-Hikam, Vol: 1/ pg.: 235).

-Imam Ali (A.S.)
Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by LagosShia: 6:33pm On Dec 06, 2011
"For this is the day of the Lord God of hosts, a day of vengeance, that he may avenge him of his adversaries; and the sword shall devour, and it shall be satiate and made drunk with their blood; for the Lord God of hosts has a sacrifice in the north country by the river Euphrates."

(Jeremiah 46: 10)
Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by LagosShia: 10:32pm On Dec 06, 2011
The Horrific Moment As Nasibi Suicide Bombers And The Satanic And Evil Forces of Yazid In Afghanistan Target Shia-Muslim Afghan Mourners Commemorating The Martyrdom of Imam Hussain (as) On Ashura Killing At Least 54

• Blasts at two mosques form deadliest single attack in Kabul in three years
• Women and children among victims in Kabul old town after suicide bomber detonates device at river-side mosque
• Bicycle bomb detonated in northern city of Mazar-i-Sharif shortly afterwards
• Attacks comes a day after international conference on future of Afghanistan held in Bonn

By Wil Longbottom
Last updated at 7:13 PM on 6th December 2011

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2070533/Afghanistan-attacks-Children-30-dead-bomb-blasts-2-mosques.html#ixzz1fmQdRYor

Split-second: People rush to help those caught in the blast seconds after the bomb exploded at a Shi'ite shrine in Kabul, Afghanistan

Carnage: Bodies lie strewn across the ground after the powerful explosive went off this morning

Grief: Men weep after a suicide bomber detonated their device inside a packed Abulfazel Shrine in Kabul this morning, killing at least 25 people

Deadly: Afghan men shout as they help to move the bodies of victims. Women and children were among those killed in the blast

Rescued: A man carries a wounded boy past the bodies of those killed in the blast

Wounded: A man covered in blood is lifted out of the back of an ambulance in Kabul

High alert: Police officers stand guard at the scene of the attack in the Afghanistan capital. Shi'ite Muslims are celebrating the Ashura festival and the mosque was packed

Mourning: A police officer moves to stop an Afghan woman as she tries to find her loved ones after the blast

Guard: Police tape blocks off the bomb site in Kabul. There was also a second blast in Mazar-i-Sharif, which killed four people

Rescue: A man carries an injured victim from the bomb blast at a shrine on the river in Kabul
Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by LagosShia: 10:43pm On Dec 06, 2011
Ashura Processions Conclude Peacefully Across Pakistan
Published: December 6, 2011

Shia Muslims across Pakistan participated in Ashura processions taken out on the 10th of Muharram amid tight security arrangements, Express News reported on Tuesday.
The main Ashura procession in Karachi began from Nishtar Park and headed towards Tibet Centre for Zuhrain prayers and concluded at Kharadar. In Lahore, the procession began from Nisar Haveli and ended at Karbala Gamay Shah.

In Faisalabad, the procession began from Markazi Imam Bargah with thousands of Shia Muslims headed towards Rail Bazar for the Majlis. The procession then returned to the Imam Bargah at night for Sham-e-Ghareeban.

Around 8,000 police personnel were been deployed on procession routes with walk-through gates, metal detectors and mobile jammers. More than 25 CCTV cameras have also been installed in various areas and security personnel have been deployed on high buildings for security.

In Hyderabad, the procession began from Imam Bargah Qadam Gah Mola Ali and covered a distance of 1.5km up to the Station Road. All 58 streets leading to the main procession were secured with barbed wires and tents. Twelve security cameras and jammers, covering areas of 90 metres, were also been put into place.

Only two entrance and exits points have been given to the main procession at Bacha Khan Chowk and Sarfraz Colony.

Processions in other cities including Quetta, Sukkur, Multan, Peshawar, Jhang and Dera Ismail Khan also concluded peacefully.

Wassan assures security to remain ‘strict’ during Ashura
Sindh Home Minister Manzoor Wassan assured the media on Tuesday that the law and order situation will remain in control during the Ashura processions as the police and Rangers are on high-alert.

He addressed the media at the Tibet Centre in Karachi while inspecting the site for security arrangements.

Wassan said that the terrorists targeted the Lines Area on Monday and the Kala Pul on Tuesday with minor blasts in order to instill fear among the people; however, the security arrangements all over the country are strict enough to control such incidents.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/302964/ashura-processions-underway-across-pakistan/
Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by LagosShia: 10:48pm On Dec 06, 2011
Ashura: How Reflecting on Hussein's Sacrifice Made Me Honest

Will somebody turn off that alarm?!

As my alarm clock rang, feelings of insecurity began to run through my skin. My body turned cold and the hairs on my arm raised as a thought entered my mind -- was my final presentation this morning? "Man. This is 35 percent of my grade," I thought to myself. I quickly ran to my computer to check the syllabus, and to my dismay, I was right. How could this have slipped my mind? I started to draft an email to my professor, and thoughts of Hussein's sacrifice in Karbala began to surface,

Long ago, Hussein, a distinguished spiritual leader in Arabia faced an incredible challenge: accept the rule of a wicked tyrant and live, or reject the immoral leadership and be martyred?

Hussein was no ordinary cleric. His grandfather, the Prophet of Islam, denoted Hussein as a "Chief of the Youth of Paradise." As a result of Hussein's authority, Yazid, the newly appointed leader of the Muslim Ummah (nation) required the allegiance of Hussein in order to be effective. However, Hussein accepting the leadership of Yazid would mean legitimizing a corrupt drunkard who engaged in pedophilia among other vices.

Pressure was put on Hussein to accept the authority of Yazid; the climax of which occurred in the desert of Karbala, when Hussein and his group of 120 friends and family were surrounded by the forces of Yazid, numbering in more than 30,000 (yes, that is the right number of zeros). At this point, Hussein was posed a final ultimatum: accept the leadership of Yazid or be mercilessly butchered.

On the 10th of Muharram (first month of the Islamic calendar) in the year 680 C.E., Hussein and his companions were murdered. The forces of Yazid spared no one, even decapitating the 6-month-old baby of Hussein. Once dead, the bodies of Hussein and his companions were trampled by horses, and the women of Hussein's family were paraded over 500 kilometers and imprisoned. While Hussein and his family were killed on that Muharram 10th day, known as Ashura, a message of righteousness and reformation was born.

Bidding Good
As a child, I would watch superhero's on TV say, "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." However, the story of Hussein is not one of imagination; rather, a real life super hero who spurred a revolution, founded on the idea of standing up for good, no matter what the price. After the death of Hussein, the lay people within the Muslim Ummah woke up to the atrocities of their government. Yazid's reign was soon toppled, lasting only three years.

Patience
In the second chapter of the Quran (verses 155-158), God promises that every person will be tested with challenges. He further says, in order to be successful during these challenging periods, one must remain patient, believing "to God I belong, and to him I shall return."

Frequently, one might feel a sense of control or ownership. However, God indicates in the above verse that there is little that is under our control and in fact, we don't even own our bodies. In effect, the only thing that we control, and have ownership over, is our actions.

When we are put into challenging situations, and are tested, our goal should be to control what we can control -- our actions. The rest should be put onto the shoulders of God such that we may remain patient, assuming that justice will be dealt. While Hussein was killed on the day of Ashura, his message of righteousness has survived more than 1,400 years, a clear indication of victory.

Hypocrisy
It is notable to distinguish that the lives of Hussein and his companions were taken by the hands of other Muslims. In fact, a striking metaphor can be drawn from this situation as the majority of Muslims on the sands of Karbala were not on the side of righteousness that tragic day. Hussein and his companions numbered fewer than 200, while the opposition was more than 30,000. Hussein was reported to have said that "as long as people live favorable and comfortable lives, they are loyal to religious [moral] principles. However, at hard times, the times of trials, true religious [moral] people are scarce."

A "hard time" certainly made its way into my life as I contemplated what to write my professor. Missing the final presentation would certainly mean failure. However, the initial thought of crafting an elaborate excuse to somehow justify my forgetfulness vanished. Instead, I used the opportunity to define my character with honesty -- fessing up to the mistake and embracing the spirit of Hussein's stand for righteousness on the sands of Karbala.

The result? My professor replied, noting that I was the first student to have missed the final presentation without an elaborate excuse; appreciating my honesty, she let me give the presentation second!
You can take a guess at who set the curve. :-)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/amin-g-aaser/ashura-sacrifice-of-hussein_b_1130696.html
Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by LagosShia: 10:57pm On Dec 06, 2011
Hezbollah Leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah Makes Rare Public Appearance And Addressed Hundreds of Thousands of Shia-Muslim Mourners In Beirut,Lebanon, On Ashura

Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah addressing today hundreds of thousands of Shia mourners in Beirut.

The leader of the Lebanese Shia Islamist group, Hezbollah, has made his first public appearance for several years at a rally in Beirut.

Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah normally speaks to his supporters via video-link, but on Tuesday he addressed a crowd marking the religious festival of Ashura.
He said his group was stronger than ever and would never give up its arms.
His comments came amid speculation that Hezbollah would be weakened if the Syrian government was overthrown.

Assassination risk
Sheikh Nasrallah has rarely been seen in public since Hezbollah's 34-day war with Israel in 2006, which left more than 1,200 Lebanese dead, most of them civilians. Some 160 Israelis, mostly soldiers, were also killed.

But on Tuesday, the hundreds of thousands of Hezbollah supporters gathered in the capital's southern suburb of Dahiya reacted with delight when he suddenly walked through the crowd, surrounded by bodyguards.

After climbing onto a stage, the Hezbollah leader said his appearance was a message to those who believed they could "threaten us".

"I wanted to be with you for few minutes,  to renew our pledge and for the world to hear us," he added.

The crowd chanted, "Death to Israel" in response.

After only a few minutes, Sheikh Nasrallah told his supporters that he would soon reappear on a giant screen and was hustled away by his bodyguards.

The BBC's Jim Muir in Beirut says Hezbollah knows that the Israeli authorities would love to assassinate Sheikh Nasrallah, as they did his predecessor, so his public exposure is kept to a very tight minimum.

In the speech, our correspondent adds, he delivered what he said was a clear message to those who thought that change in the Arab world - and he was clearly referring to neighbouring Syria - would mean Hezbollah's demise.

"A message to all those who are conspiring against the resistance and banking on change,  We will never let go of our arms," he vowed.

The Hezbollah supporters were thrilled and excited when Hassan Nasrallah suddenly appeared

"We are tens of thousands of trained fighters, who are all ready to die," he added. "Day after day, the resistance gains more fighters, trains better fighters and arms even more heavily. Every weapon that rusts is replaced."

The Hezbollah leader also lashed out at the opposition Syrian National Council, whose leader, Burhan Ghalioun, has said that a new Syria government would cut its special relationship with Iran, Hezbollah and Hamas.

He accused the Syrian opposition of trying to curry favour with the United States and Israel, and of allowing itself to be used.

"We support the reforms in Syria and we stand with the regime against the resistance movement," he said.

"There are some people who do not want reforms, security and stability in Syria, and neither civil peace nor dialogue. There are people who want to destroy Syria to make up for their defeat in Iraq. Syria is a partner in defeating the Americans in Iraq."

The day of Ashura is marked by Muslims as a whole, but for Shia Muslims it is a major religious festival which commemorates the martyrdom at Karbala of Imam Hussein, a grandson of the Prophet Muhammad.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16048832
Re: Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram by LagosShia: 11:14pm On Dec 06, 2011
Ashura Processions In Accra, Ghana By Shia Muslim Faithfuls Commemorating the Martyrdom of Imam Hussain (as)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Myth Of 72 Virgins In Islam / Boyfriend & Girlfriend:- What If I Love Him/her? / Why Do Muslims Talk In Arabic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.