Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,417 members, 7,861,175 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:49 AM

Advice Needed For Same Day Visa Extension - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice Needed For Same Day Visa Extension (937 Views)

How Do I Renewal/extension My South Africa Visitor Visa? / E-passport Renewal/extension / Booking On Hold And Paying On The Same Day On The Aero Website (help Needed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed For Same Day Visa Extension by michaeda: 8:49pm On Nov 25, 2011
Hi all,

I am a holder of a UK Tier1 General visa and my visa is soon to expire. I want to make same day application using premium service but the online application form on UKBA's website either returns an error or returns a message that there are no appointments available for my preferred dates and locations.

Has anyone had this experience and is there any way around it? If not, does anyone have any idea how long the normal postal application takes?

Please I need this information urgently.
Re: Advice Needed For Same Day Visa Extension by OmoTier1(m): 9:09pm On Nov 25, 2011
Unless you are planning to travel on Holidays this christmas, or you have an urgent need to trave lout of the UK, then go for same day application using premium service. Postal service application duration depends on a number of issues and how straight forward you package your application. Some have had their application processed within two weeks other four weeks!

Guess you are also aware that following the immigration rules, while your visa application is being considered, it is as though your previous visas is still valid, so you can go about your normal activity pending the outcome of your application.

As for the online forms not being available, UKBA are having technical issues and they are hoping to get it fixed over the weekend. So you may want to check back on Monday.
Re: Advice Needed For Same Day Visa Extension by justwise(m): 9:17pm On Nov 25, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Unless you are planning to travel on Holidays this christmas, or you have an urgent need to trave lout of the UK, then go for same day application using premium service. Postal service application duration depends on a number of issues and how straight forward you package your application. Some have had their application processed within two weeks other four weeks!

Guess you are also aware that following the immigration rules, while your visa application is being considered, it is as though your previous visas is still valid, so you can go about your normal activity pending the outcome of your application.

As for the online forms not being available, UKBA are having technical issues and they are hoping to get it fixed over the weekend. So you may want to check back on Monday.

Which immigration rule please?
Re: Advice Needed For Same Day Visa Extension by OmoTier1(m): 10:57pm On Nov 25, 2011
justwise:

Which immigration rule please?
Which other UK immigration rules do you know of?
Re: Advice Needed For Same Day Visa Extension by kadman(m): 9:43pm On Nov 27, 2011
Justwise, I think what Omo Tier 1 means is as long as his application is lodged before expiry he is still on the previous visa he lodged it on, and is a legal. I.e if he was on Tier 4 and applied for Tier 1, whilst his visa if with him office he is still legal and on Tier 4 status.

But, Justwise and Omo Tier1. How does one extend Tier1 general like OP said, never heard it before - any insight ?
Re: Advice Needed For Same Day Visa Extension by justwise(m): 10:03pm On Nov 27, 2011
kadman:

Justwise, I think what Omo Tier 1 means is as long as his application is lodged before expiry he is still on the previous visa he lodged it on, and is a legal. I.e if he was on Tier 4 and applied for Tier 1, whilst his visa if with him office he is still legal and on Tier 4 status.

But, Justwise and Omo Tier1. How does one extend Tier1 general like OP said, never heard it before - any insight ?

Tier1 was cancelled couple of months ago, so you can only switch to Tier2 when your Tier1 expires.
Re: Advice Needed For Same Day Visa Extension by kadman(m): 10:11pm On Nov 27, 2011
justwise:

[/b]

Tier1 was cancelled couple of months ago, so you can only switch to Tier2 when your Tier1 expires.

Thanks, so how is the poster "extending" it
Re: Advice Needed For Same Day Visa Extension by justwise(m): 10:17pm On Nov 27, 2011
kadman:

Thanks, so how is the poster "extending" it

He need to switch to another visa program, if he is working with that Tier1 at the moment then his company will help him switch to Tier2.
Re: Advice Needed For Same Day Visa Extension by kadman(m): 10:21pm On Nov 27, 2011
justwise:

He need to switch to another visa program, if he is working with that Tier1 at the moment then his company will help him switch to Tier2.

Got you. Thanks
Re: Advice Needed For Same Day Visa Extension by justwise(m): 10:25pm On Nov 27, 2011
kadman:

Got you. Thanks

No worries.

(1) (Reply)

Cheapest Flights From London To Nigeria / Please Can Anyone Help!!! / Chinese Man Stuck In Airport Because His 4 Year Old Son Doodled In His Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.