Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Patrick Obahiagbon On Removal Of Farida Waziri - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patrick Obahiagbon On Removal Of Farida Waziri (17670 Views)

Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action / Ribadu - Farida Waziri Is A Cheap Liar Who Seeks Undue Relevance / EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On Removal Of Farida Waziri by OYINBOGOJU(m): 6:41am On Nov 27, 2011
I think O A U need to appoint him as One of her Lecturers
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On Removal Of Farida Waziri by jamace(m): 7:45am On Nov 27, 2011
Patrick has created a brand for himself. grin grin grin grin
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On Removal Of Farida Waziri by Idealkocep: 1:22pm On Nov 27, 2011
He has this flare for English Language that he decided to invent some words in other to garnish his gramatical Prowess, grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On Removal Of Farida Waziri by chiteny(m): 1:29pm On Nov 27, 2011
Thalidomide - C13H10N2O4 is a sedative drug used to treat leprosy but also used for pregnant women but was withdrawn after causimg defects in babies. It was used here figuratively by the dude to demonstrate the institutional sedation of EFCC to render it powerless and deformed

Dr know, i knew there was something between that word and a drug. At least i go school reach that level wink. I was almost thinking he (patrick) was suggesting Thalazole for EFCC, since there "stomach dey run". grin

Thanks for the clarification though.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On Removal Of Farida Waziri by allanohize(m): 3:48pm On Nov 27, 2011
I can't believe some people think it is "ok" to speak like this. That he entertains us is excellent. But what is the point in striving hard to "impress" instead of "express"?

In secondary school those days we had some people who crammed the dictionary. But the problem was that there are over a 200,000 english words there but the english language only requires about 2500 words for 95% of our day to day communication. Such people who have crammed the dictionary find that they have wasted their time doing so, and they want to prove that they have "worked hard". So, they use unnecessary words just to feel "hype" with themselves and to impress people.

But this people soon grow up and leave this childish act. Only that it appears some people never grow up! Our dear honourable seems to fall in the latter category.

This man has been abroad several times. He NEVER speaks like this outside when he is in the USA or UK, because he KNOWS he will make a fool of himself. Ask those who know him personally.

He speaks very good english when he needs to; so what is the point of all these balderdash?

He is a good man, yes! He is one of the few politicians with a vision, yes! He is loved by his people for his exemplary vision, yes!

But he needs to grow up with his grammar!!
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On Removal Of Farida Waziri by vickkyza: 5:44pm On Nov 27, 2011
I'm sure this is a kind of new language that we can put in our school syllabus and scrap the English language, after al English is not our language, lol
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On Removal Of Farida Waziri by chinnyonwu(m): 6:13pm On Nov 27, 2011
Oporoboius jagbajantics
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On Removal Of Farida Waziri by tosine25: 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2011
See grammer ooo, Dz iz too much f☺® a normal Nigerian now ‎​​​@̤̥̣̈̊̇п̲̣̣̥d̶̲̥̅̊ I wonder Y e kip using all dz big f☺® nothing word each time ez interved. Even award winning Wole soyinka will never use such to compose a message. I wonder what PATRICK OBAIHAGBON had in English language. Haba, All ya write-up in summary please?
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On Removal Of Farida Waziri by sexlog(m): 9:30pm On Nov 27, 2011
Can someone help me with dictionary pls?
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On Removal Of Farida Waziri by daroz(m): 11:06pm On Nov 27, 2011
Dr Know:

Translations
Any act of logical reasonning as to why Farida Waziri was commited to presidential axe is still a mystery to me.
As I have said on numerous occasions and I still maintain that for any serious fight against the growing corruption that is now almost beyond the power of man to remedy, and for the total sinking of corruption to succeed in Nigeria, our major anti-corruption squadron - the EFCC must per force be separated from executive dominance and influence which renders it susceptible to unsavory reputation and godfatherly interventions
Except this is achieved in the way we appoint the anti-corruption chief, a guarranteed tenure and a complete freedom from undue influence in the way duties are dispensed, I can say categorically that the institution itself suffers from institutional sedation right from the word go; and certainly an evidence of its failures.

Dr know, u really try, infact u too know
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On Removal Of Farida Waziri by tosine25: 12:36pm On Nov 28, 2011
Nice one daroz
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On Removal Of Farida Waziri by humblebee: 12:43pm On Nov 28, 2011
r we suppose to consult our dictionary always to understand a common statement made by this man, haba, im sure his kids have a pocket dictionary whenever their father calls them
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On Removal Of Farida Waziri by ortopazz(m): 1:15pm On Nov 28, 2011
tpacalipse:

If you can't be understood, you have not communicated grin

well, yea buh last time I checked, his messegae on N.L had been decoded, so he has communicatd, or hav u nt seen it?
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On Removal Of Farida Waziri by snellsun(m): 4:19pm On Nov 28, 2011
lol, cheesy cheesy his dis dude 4rm another planent
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On Removal Of Farida Waziri by Raxxye(m): 7:54pm On Nov 28, 2011
If some English words should not be used, why were they invented in the first place, and why are they in the English dictionary? Don‘t mind them,uncle Pato. Keep it on; we‘re with you!
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon On Removal Of Farida Waziri by allanohize(m): 8:43pm On Nov 28, 2011
Raxxye:

If some English words should not be used, why were they invented in the first place, and why are they in the English dictionary? Don‘t mind them,uncle Pato. Keep it on; we‘re with you!

Lol!

The truth is that in English, as in any other language, there are always different words which gives the same meaning. But there is always a rule of usage. The mood, the subject under discussion and the circumstance determine which word is used. In most cases when you find that in a discussion or thesis you have used one word too often, you can switch to another word with the same meaning to avoid being monotonous.

But our oga Pato already switches before he starts making his statements! grin cheesy wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GEJ Condemned For Appointing Aig-imoukhuede To Subsidy Verification Panel / PhD, Msc Holders Jostle For Lagos’ N25,000 Jobs Meant For School Leavers / Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.