Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,984 members, 7,835,300 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone (19003 Views)

5 Things You Should Know Before Buying Etisalat Blackberry Plan. / Beware!! Beware!! Why I Regreted Purchasing My Smart Phone From Belle- Vista Onl / Unlock All Huawei Phones By Imei: Huawei U8180 (gaga) &ANY HUAWEI PHONE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by livapul86(m): 11:19pm On Nov 28, 2011
@OP: Ur problem can be reduced by switching off auto-sync in settings under accounts & sync. My major grouse with the phone is that the much touted 3.75 hspa network of etisalat is non existent in my area( Festac town, Lagos). This has truly frustrated me as the sole purpose of buying the phone has been defeated. Etisalat, pls i don't understand how 3g services won't be available in a popular residential & commercial district as Festac.
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by yahoo2(m): 11:29pm On Nov 28, 2011
When I got my samsung galaxy s, I bought 500mb from MTN, it didnt take 3days to finish it. now am wise. I downloaded an application called Onavo from android market. it tells you which application uses up your data and you can control it

BUT Android sweet o! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by just2nice(m): 12:18am On Nov 29, 2011
@poster
I use Huawei U8180 too, but I am lucky I still retained my Nokia E71 which I use to download Android apps and games which I then transferred to my Gaga phone.
I do most of my browsing on my other phone and only use my U8180 to check Facebook and Twitter updates.
Some tips for you to reduce data usage in your phone are:
*Go to Notifications and disable Data Service when you are not connected to the Internet.This will save your battery and also your alloted data plan.
*Disable Background Data in Accounts & Sync.This will prevent your Gmail,Facebook & Twitter accounts from connecting to the Internet without your knowledge.
*Make sure you close applications that you don't need running in the background in Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Running.
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by obua: 5:45am On Nov 29, 2011
Now you are talking
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by stanza007: 7:05am On Nov 29, 2011
I have been using a GAGA phone and just bought another for my w.ife, They are currently running a promo. Buy 2 Gaga and get one Dual Sim absolutely "FREE".

Android fones are indeed the best to use if u know the secret.

1. i always turn off my network connection whenever am not working online. it helps save the data. I also use task killer to turn of any app that requires data services.

my android work for me and i love it so much
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by Viquez: 7:08am On Nov 29, 2011
Check this out, online school! http://scut.ly/15j
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by Flowkiddo(m): 7:30am On Nov 29, 2011
Sorryoooo
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:48am On Nov 29, 2011
ask and ye shall receive, instead of mouthing off unneccessarily.

@ all complainant,

1. root ur fone. if u dont root ur fone, then stop complaining.

2. get either titanium backup or rom toolbox
preferably pro versions. it enables u to freeze apps or remove them, even system apps.

3. unless u positively have to use them , freeze or remove most or all the google apps. they are the main culprits for battery and data drain.

4. install droidwall. its a firwall application that u can use to specify which apps have access to data or wifi or both. disable non essential apps.

5. reduce the frequency with which apps like email or twitter poll for updates. most poll like every 5mins, change to say 1hr duration.

6. stop using all the fancy browsers like dolphin or firefox or the default browser etc, install opera mini or ucweb. they give great data savings.

7 some apps are better than others at stuff, eg its better to use nimbuzz for all ur im accts instead o using dedicated apps per im.

8. also simply disable data when u are not using it, esp if u dont need to be online all d time.

doing the above will drastically reduce r data consumption

1 Like

Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by degubi(m): 8:36am On Nov 29, 2011
I have just 2 advices for you.

1. Pay for more Data plan. Etisalat now has 200mb for just N1000.

2. Disable Data when you are not browsing.
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 29, 2011
LWKMD, Andriod gatzzz its own stress anyway cheesy
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by dastudent(m): 9:48am On Nov 29, 2011
I never have to shut down background apps with iOS .
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by Funkymallam(m): 10:01am On Nov 29, 2011
stanza007:

I have been using a GAGA phone and just bought another for my w.ife, They are currently running a promo. Buy 2 Gaga and get one Dual Sim absolutely "FREE".

Android fones are indeed the best to use if u know the secret.

1. i always turn off my network connection whenever am not working online. it helps save the data. I also use task killer to turn of any app that requires data services.

my android work for me and i love it so much

pls which of d dual sims r they giving out free?
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by thetelz(m): 8:32pm On Nov 29, 2011
Welcome to the world of android and its data zapping, its a pretty cool os for me as i'm an anti-blackberry cheesy. Currently, I use etisalat's 1k for 200mb, been using ubersocial to tweet since morning, browsing witb opera mini and i've used just 5mb so really, I don't know how your 10mb got zapped iwithin that short time sha. I currently use juice defender to save my battery and meanwhile also saves my data cos I only set ubersocial, opera mini and whatsapp to access the internet. Also disable background data like someone suggested, disable the 2nd option before disabling background data itself, noticed it saved some data for me too. This data zapping thing shouldn't discourage you guys from getting android o, its much cooler than bb, at least you get your money back in terms of usage,bb has a very dull os unlike android, So basically, op, keep the phone, download juice defender and set certain apps to activate packet data on opening and you'l notice a difference
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by ambyzown(m): 4:13am On Nov 30, 2011
I use Glo 1gb monthly data package on my Samsung Galaxy Tab and it lasts me the full month. Just ensure u turn off data connection when not in use to save data. Also, download Onavo to monitor data usage by applications.
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by Nobody: 5:59am On Nov 30, 2011
Na wa, U guys are trying o, doing what on net exactly? I use 15mb a week on etisalat and i still dont exhaust it!
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by just2nice(m): 7:12am On Nov 30, 2011
@4llerbuntu
Your tips about using Opera Mini and UCWeb/Bolt was priceless.I now use less internet data while surfing the Internet.I got my phone rooted and DroidWall installed but DroidWall has not been working in firewalling some of my apps so far.I will still try though to figure my way around it.
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by tayoast(m): 9:27pm On Nov 30, 2011
valacious:

Na wa, U guys are trying o, doing what on net exactly? I use 15mb a week on etisalat and i still dont exhaust it!

What phone d'u use?
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by civilserva: 9:30pm On Nov 30, 2011
Thanks all for your invaluable contributions. I will put the suggestions to use.
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by thetelz(m): 9:38pm On Nov 30, 2011
tayo_ast:

What phone d'u use?

Its most probably an s40 or he just doesn't use internet on his phone
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by tayoast(m): 10:08pm On Nov 30, 2011
the_telz:

Its most probably an s40 or he just doesn't use internet on his phone

I'm sure that's the case
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by otodeluxe(m): 4:17am On Sep 07, 2012
Big phone big trouble
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by drobadebayo: 7:15pm On Oct 17, 2012
Android os sucks tho.cant imagine having to turn on and off d data connection.wat happens to push email?its supposed to be an os for smartphones and tablets naw,hw cme its soo dumb.
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by drobadebayo: 7:19pm On Oct 17, 2012
Android=lame
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by drobadebayo: 7:19pm On Oct 17, 2012
Android
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by drobadebayo: 7:20pm On Oct 17, 2012
Android really[b][/b] sucks
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by luluosas(m): 8:22am On Oct 19, 2012
And you expects Android to behave like Java phone? What a whack thinking!
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:18am On Oct 19, 2012
drobadebayo: Android os jst doesnt make sense.cant imagine having to turn on and off d data connection.[b]wat happens to push email?[/b]its supposed to be an os for smartphones and tablets naw,hw cme its nt so smart

what happened to your IQ?

did you even read the thread?

the complaints about data consumption is the same on all true smartphones, whether IOS or android

the difference is that these people complaining do not know that:

they have apps that actively download data say every 5 minutes,
their web browsers are capable of loading up full websites that weigh in at Megabytes a page,
That some of their free apps are supported by running adverts and these adverts also consume data,
that a lot of the apps they run are designed to show lots of details and effects that consume data
that doing things like watching youtube videos consume data

etc etc etc.

smartphones are very similar to having full fledged web experience on computers transferred to your mobile device. if you bought 100 mb of data, how long would it last on a pc?

it has nothing to do with push email. push email does not "consume" data at all on any platform.

AND YES, ANY TRUE IOS USER WILL CONFIRM TO YOU THAT DATA IS ALSO CONSUMED ON AN IPHONE! these are not S40 java phones

if you have people in this boat who do not know this things or how to mitigate the effect, one sure way to ease their stress is to toggle off the data!

which is why one shares how to reduce data consumption drastically.

i used to use 200 mb, and now 1gb data monthly effectively, and yes i really use my phones and i don't toggle off data except im saving my battery (which is a bigger concern than all these data noise ur all making sef)

NB: Android is "free" but actually paid for in different ways, ads is a major one.
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by GChux1: 10:13am On Oct 22, 2012
If you were using a BB, wouldn't you be forced to pay at least 1200 for a monthly internet access? You fail to subscribe for reasonable data plans on other devices and next thing you start hearing that my BB does this, my BB does that whereas you can get same features and more on other devices especially Android.
I use a Galaxy Ace and I barely use up my 250 mb at the end of the month because I firewalled some auto-syncing apps using Netqin. I use an average of 7mb daily even when I consider myself a heavy user running apps like Gmail, Ymail, WhatsApp, Facebook, Facebook Messenger and the beautiful Opera Mini for steady web surfing. 10mb a day should be enough for you unless you want to download all you want or using hotspot. So my dear, you have a powerful computing Android device wjich is pretty cheap. Realise that.
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by drobadebayo: 11:45pm On Oct 28, 2012
4llerbuntu:

the complaints about data consumption is the same on all true smartphones, whether IOS or android

their web browsers are capable of loading up full websites that weigh in at Megabytes a page,
That some of their free apps are supported by running adverts and these adverts also consume data,
that a lot of the apps they run are designed to show lots of details and effects that consume data

etc etc etc.

smartphones are very similar to having full fledged web experience on computers transferred to your mobile device. if you bought 100 mb of data, how long would it last on a pc?

it has nothing to do with push email. push email does not "consume" data at all on any platform.

AND YES, ANY TRUE IOS USER WILL CONFIRM TO YOU THAT DATA IS ALSO CONSUMED ON AN IPHONE! these are not S40 java phones

if you have people in this boat who do not know this things or how to mitigate the effect, one sure way to ease their stress is to toggle off the data!

i used to use 200 mb, and now 1gb data monthly effectively, and yes i really use my phones and i don't toggle off data except im saving my battery (which is a bigger concern than all these data noise ur all making sef)

NB: Android is "free" but actually paid for in different ways, ads is a major one.
@mr4llerwateva ur on nairaland so i suppose ur nt twelve!if u hv any clarifications to make,u cn simply do dt wdaot throwing abuses aii.m sure ur iq ll be comparable to d one i had wen i was 9.only retards choose to abuse wdaot a real cause
Re: I Regreted Buying Etisalat Huawei Gaga Phone by drobadebayo: 11:50pm On Oct 28, 2012
4llerbuntu:

etc etc etc.

4llerbuntu:

etc etc etc.

Why take it so personal when neither of ur parents is larry page nor sergey brin.grow up son,its nt always u open ur big mouth,stretch out ur webbed fingers to type sh**abt oda pipo.peace

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy / Opera Mini 5 Is Finally Here! / How Social Media Is Silently Ruining The Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.