Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,232 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Gary Speed(Wales Manager) Is Dead - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gary Speed(Wales Manager) Is Dead (5315 Views)

Wilfred Agbonivbare Is Dead - Former Eagles Goalkeeper (Pictured) / Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist / Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gary Speed(Wales Manager) Is Dead by Kgdavid(m): 5:07am On Nov 29, 2011
i was genuinely shocked and upset to learn of his death yesterday, gary speed was a player i admired so much especially in his bolton days, a fine fine player. r.i.p gary, there's more to life than football.
Re: Gary Speed(Wales Manager) Is Dead by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 29, 2011
I was shocked about his death there are many possible reason for his death he could av been mudered, depression, blackmailing or someone treatened his family. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Gary Speed(Wales Manager) Is Dead by sylve11: 10:30am On Nov 29, 2011
I broke down in silence with tears running down my eyes to hear this man has died. A legend! R.I.P Garry Speed. cry cry cry cry cry cry cool
Re: Gary Speed(Wales Manager) Is Dead by snthesis(m): 10:18pm On Nov 29, 2011
Sagamite:

I really don't understand why.

Shocking.

lets apply simple logic

he seemingly had everything, money, family, reputation, fame.

cause of death- depression- very vague, smells like a cover up.

question: why wud he commit suicide?
ans: he had a reputation to keep, which meant he obviously did sumtin really nasty (peadophile, rape, gay etc), and sum1 was in on it- blackmail and the thought of being found out, shamed in front of the whole world, drove him to suicide- case closed.
Re: Gary Speed(Wales Manager) Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 10:34pm On Nov 29, 2011
Exactly what I was thinking, I was just being a bit more subtle than you. grin That was why I put it as questions that directs people to the thought.

Sagamite:

He has 2 kids.

He has 10 times more money than 99% will ever make in their lifetime.

He has one of the top jobs in the world for his profession.

He has a reputation that is highly respected.

What can be so worrying in life that he feels the need to kill himself?

Was he about to lose one or more of the above?
Re: Gary Speed(Wales Manager) Is Dead by mbulela: 10:15am On Nov 30, 2011
There is only one Gary Speed!!!
Re: Gary Speed(Wales Manager) Is Dead by mbulela: 10:18am On Nov 30, 2011
Sagamite:

Exactly what I was thinking, I was just being a bit more subtle than you. grin That was why I put it as questions that direct people to the thought.

If he was suffering from depression,none of those would have mattered.
If he was not depressed it might be one of those you alluded to but if it is depression then he could have all the world and still be in a sad dark place in his heart that would make him think that taking his life is the most rational step.
Re: Gary Speed(Wales Manager) Is Dead by BloodShed1: 2:33am On Dec 03, 2011
Well, there are rumours floating around the internet sugesting that he actually commited suicide because The Sun were going to put out a story about him being gay or something of the sort.

That's messed up if it's true and those bastards need to be dealt with.
Re: Gary Speed(Wales Manager) Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 3:49am On Dec 03, 2011
Blood_Shed:

Well, there are rumours floating around the internet sugesting that he actually commited suicide because The Sun were going to put out a story about him being man-lover or something of the sort.

That's messed up if it's true and those bastards need to be dealt with.

No 1, I don't believe in outing people except they are stealthly promoting homosexuality or being hypocritical about homosexuality. That is essentially the right to privacy.

No 2, I don't see the public interest in knowing he his pansy if he was. Don't invade his privacy.

If someone is keeping the filth private, I am cool!

If this is true, then it is another case of the useless rot the UK has allowed their junk papers to get to. I really see the necessity to fine these muthafckers 2 years profit.
Re: Gary Speed(Wales Manager) Is Dead by A40(m): 1:26pm On Dec 03, 2011
Not trying to be judgemental but suicide is never an option and is the ultimate act of selfishness no matter the situation you find yourself in. But what is with oyinbos and suicide? Some days back one of the trainers on Biggest Loser jumped of a cliff herself undecided undecided
Re: Gary Speed(Wales Manager) Is Dead by BloodShed1: 10:52pm On Dec 03, 2011
A-40:

Not trying to be judgemental but suicide is never an option and is the ultimate act of selfishness no matter the situation you find yourself in. But what is with oyinbos and suicide? Some days back one of the trainers on Biggest Loser jumped of a cliff herself undecided undecided

You know, I used to think like that a few years back.

But now, as much as I don't condone suicide, for someone to even consider taking their own life, his/her mindstate must be a complete wreck. And in a way I understand why they would see it as the only way out. Depression does that to people.
Re: Gary Speed(Wales Manager) Is Dead by BloodShed1: 10:55pm On Dec 03, 2011
Sagamite:

No 1, I don't believe in outing people except they are stealthly promoting homosexuality or being hypocritical about homosexuality. That is essentially the right to privacy.

No 2, I don't see the public interest in knowing he his pansy if he was. Don't invade his privacy.

If someone is keeping the filth private, I am cool!

If this is true, then it is another case of the useless rot the UK has allowed their junk papers to get to. I really see the necessity to fine these muthafckers 2 years profit.

But thatt's the thing though. If they were to release that story, that will be total shock to everyone, since there was no sign of that previously.

And to hell with fining them. SHUT THEM DOWN!!

If they did that kind of thing before, they'll do it again.
Re: Gary Speed(Wales Manager) Is Dead by A40(m): 5:44pm On Dec 04, 2011
Blood_Shed:

You know, I used to think like that a few years back.

But now, as much as I don't condone suicide, for someone to even consider taking their own life, his/her mindstate must be a complete wreck. And in a way I understand why they would see it as the only way out. Depression does that to people.
Naah me i dont buy the idea of that at all! Maybe its because i have this belief that someone somewhere has it more phucked up than you do. Even as a single man never mind a popular figure someone people look up to i am not even saying he should be the ideal role model or anything but what about his wife and kids how would they feel growing up to find out their father took his own life?
Re: Gary Speed(Wales Manager) Is Dead by BloodShed1: 9:06pm On Dec 04, 2011
A-40:

Naah me i dont buy the idea of that at all! Maybe its because i have this belief that someone somewhere has it more phucked up than you do. Even as a single man never mind a popular figure someone people look up to i am not even saying he should be the ideal role model or anything but what about his wife and kids how would they feel growing up to find out their father took his own life?

That's the thing. Maybe the weight of his responsibility compounded on his decision to off himself.

Phuck knows?

But I DO say that for people who decide to marry and have children, understand that if you do as such, your life is no longer yours.
Re: Gary Speed(Wales Manager) Is Dead by A40(m): 7:16pm On Dec 07, 2011
Blood_Shed:

That's the thing. Maybe the weight of his responsibility compounded on his decision to off himself.

Phuck knows?

But I DO say that for people who decide to marry and have children, understand that if you do as such, your life is no longer yours.
Convam Utunu!

Besides there so many of em these days you fear that by 2030 the whole world would be gay! Just look at the uproar of the western world following our ban on gay marriages

(1) (2) (Reply)

NPFL: Lobi Stars Vs Enyimba FC (1 - 1) On 18th March 2015 / Top 10 Flops Of The World Cup / Henry Nwosu: Sacking Rohr May Jeopardise Eagles’ AFCON 2021 Chances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.