Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Aregbesola: I Don’t Need Federal Allocation To Pay Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola: I Don’t Need Federal Allocation To Pay Workers (1696 Views)

Federal Allocation For Lagos For January 2016 / Osun’s Federal Allocation Can’t Pay Electricity Bill – Aregbesola / Federal Allocation: Presidency Warns Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola: I Don’t Need Federal Allocation To Pay Workers by rolchi(m): 9:01am On Nov 28, 2011
Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State has said his administration does not wait for the payment of federal allocation before it pays its workforce.

Aregbola, who was speaking at a dinner he had with bankers and financiers as part of the activities marking his first year anniversary, reiterated that any state in the country that is waiting for the federal allocation to pay its workforce is doomed.

The governor, also suggested that all the states in the federation, should try as much as possible to look for another ways of running its government rather than rely solely on federal allocation.

He further stated that the state has paid the November salary of its workforce without the payment of the October federal allocation by the Federal Government to any state in the federation, adding that all the states of the federation rejected the October allocation because of illegal deductions made by President Goodluck Jonathan through the creation of Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF).

Aregbesola urged the banks to support the developmental plan of the state government financially, assuring them of his administration readiness to provide maximum security for lives and property in the state, stressing that the state had recorded the lowest crime rate in Nigeria.

Explaining to the gathering that, the politicians particularly the chief executive of every state made a campaign promises during electioneering campaign to fix every sector of the state but to deliver would the problem after assumption of office due to financial problem.

He lamented the state of the finance of the state by his predecessor in office, who he alleged left a debt of about N18.3 billion for frivolous six stadia across the state.

He stated that within a year in office, his government has changed the financial fortune of the state from N300million to N600million Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) and payment of the debt loan through the access of N25million bond from the bank with the monthly servicing of less than N100million, instead of N800million used to service the former loan.

He promised the people of the state to use federal allocation accrue to the state for developmental projects while sourcing for another way to run his day to day administration, instead of using the allocation to pay the workers wages, allowances, and salaries.

His words: “Less than a year in office, I have been able to save N35billion and increase the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) without putting unnecessary tax burden on our poor people but we achieve this through the blockage of leakages in our revenue generation, your (banks) cooperation will be the survival for our economic and ethical revolution as well as our governmental programmes.”

In his address, the State Commissioner for Finance, Economic planning and Budgeting, Dr. Wale Bolorunduro, had explained that the present administration in the state has set the machinery in motion to enhance the economic base of the state, adding that the state government is targeting N1million monthly for its revenue generation internally in the 2012 fiscal year.

He reiterated that the state needs meaningful financial mechanism to recreate economic activities of the state, saying Aregbesola had passionate tendency for development of the state through the creation of wealth and jobs for its teeming population.

Bolorunduro regretted the recent armed robbery attacked on the banks across the state, noting that the state has collaborated with other security operatives to forestall any future attack and the state governor had also ordered for the supply of five APC machines to the state.

While speaking at the event, the representative of the Group Managing Director, Skye Bank, Mr. Ayo Abina, observed that there is no way the government could do its programmes successfully with the state of financial status of the states in the federation without partnering with the banks to facilitate some projects.

Abina called for the understanding and legal frame work between the government and the collaborating bank, saying the era of business as usual had gone in the banking sector in Nigeria.

Source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/aregbesola-i-don-t-need-federal-allocation-to-pay-workers/103799/
Re: Aregbesola: I Don’t Need Federal Allocation To Pay Workers by mogentle(m): 12:00pm On Nov 28, 2011
.,.,.He further stated that the state has paid the November salary of its workforce without the payment of the October federal allocation by the Federal Government to any state in the federation, adding that all the states of the federation rejected the October allocation because of illegal deductions made by President Goodluck Jonathan through the creation of Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF), ,.,

Where is that Goat called Beaf who says Aregbesola owes Osun workers up to 3 months salary?
Re: Aregbesola: I Don’t Need Federal Allocation To Pay Workers by klas(m): 8:08am On Dec 07, 2011
rolchi:

He further stated that the state has paid the November salary of its workforce without the payment of the October federal allocation by the Federal Government to any state in the federation, adding that all the states of the federation rejected the October allocation because of illegal deductions made by President Goodluck Jonathan through the creation of Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF).

Source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/aregbesola-i-don-t-need-federal-allocation-to-pay-workers/103799/

Is the Governor sure of this because teachers in Osun (who are my tenants) said they started getting July 2011 yes July salary just last week except teachers are not part of the workforce he is talking about.

I tend to believe the teachers because they are not in the same location and dont even know each other yet they claimed the same thing.
Re: Aregbesola: I Don’t Need Federal Allocation To Pay Workers by VulgarVulvas: 3:07pm On Jan 04, 2017
Re: Aregbesola: I Don’t Need Federal Allocation To Pay Workers by VulgarVulvas: 3:15pm On Jan 04, 2017
Aregbola, who was speaking at a dinner he had with bankers and financiers as part of the activities marking his first year anniversary, reiterated that any state in the country that is waiting for the federal allocation to pay its workforce is doomed.

Coming from an idiot who will later lead the pan handling crew to besiege the FG for bailouts
Re: Aregbesola: I Don’t Need Federal Allocation To Pay Workers by VulgarVulvas: 3:19pm On Jan 04, 2017
mogentle:
.,.,.He further stated that the state has paid the November salary of its workforce without the payment of the October federal allocation by the Federal Government to any state in the federation, adding that all the states of the federation rejected the October allocation because of illegal deductions made by President Goodluck Jonathan through the creation of Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF), ,.,

Where is that Goat called Beaf who says Aregbesola owes Osun workers up to 3 months salary?

Lol.

(1) (Reply)

Worrying Trend Of Governors Who Buy Press Popularity.(name And Shame !) / “go Back To Your Village If You Cannot Obey New Traffic Laws” – Governor Fashola / Who Is The The Giant Of Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.