Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,769 members, 7,831,476 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims (2240 Views)

Nairaland Muslims donate relief items to Internally Displaced Persons In Abuja. / Nairaland Muslims 'inspired By Islam' Project / Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 03, 2011
tbaba12345:

The chief priests and Levites asked John the Baptist, "If you are not the Christ (Messiah), and not Elijah - are you THAT Prophet?"
[John 1:20]

Then the priests and Levites asked John the Baptist if he might be the prophet Elijah, returning back after hundreds of years being away. There was the notion amongst them that Elijah would come back. But again, John the Baptist is denying he is Elijah.

Then, who is he? They wonder at this man living out in the desert and forsaking wealth and luxury and fasting, avoiding the material attractions of life.

Again, they ask John the Baptist who he is. "Are you THAT Prophet?" And one more time he denies being "THAT Prophet," but then he does tell them about someone who will come after him soon, whom he claims he is not worthy to even unlace his shoes.

That prophet is Mohammed(SAW)

this is just a senseless and disgusting lie that i would not have bothered to respond to it. But this is John the Baptist CLEARLY identifying the prophet in the very scriptures - John 1:30.
Re: A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims by tbaba12345: 4:27pm On Dec 03, 2011
davidylan:

Senseless. The quran uses the term "Christ" for Jesus. That term means "the anointed one" . . . completely separate and has nothing to do with the jewish term "Messiah".

My questions are simple - why does allah/the quran use the term "Christ" when there is nothing like "anointing" in islam? who anointed Jesus? Why? When and how?

you responded earlier thus - The Messiah is the one who will be anointed as king in the End of Days - you were refering to Christ Jesus here. WHY does Christ come to be "anointed" king in the end of days? King of who? Where? why? Does that mean the earth will never end or is his kingdom going to be for a few yrs? Why isnt any other prophet let alone mohammad accorded this honor?

Can you CLEARLY define what the term "anointing" means in islam pls? Tired of the nonsensical musical chairs game muslims play when they cant defend the quran's incoherence.

There is no need to define what 'anointing' means in the muslim tradition because  it is a ancient jewish tradition not a religious one. It refers to the leadership position of Jesus.

We do believe that Jesus was the chosen one of the jews,

King of who?

The muslim traditions say:

Narrated Abu Huraira(RA) that hazrat Muhammad(SAW) said:

The Hour will not be established until the Son of Mary (i.e. Jesus) descends amongst you as a just ruler, he will break the cross, kill the pigs, and abolish the Jizyah tax. Money will be in abundance so that nobody will accept it (as charitable gifts).
(Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 3, Book 43, No. 656)

Everyone of the people of the book (Jews and Christians) will recognize the truth and accept him only as a Messenger of Allah(SWT);

And there is none Of the people of the Scriptures (Jews and Christians) But must believe in him (i.e. Jesus as an Apostle of Allah and a human being) before his death. And on the Day of Judgment He will be a witness against them.
(The Holy Quran, An-Nisa, 4:159)

His death will signal the beginning of the last days:

And (Jesus) shall be a Sign (for the coming of) the Hour (of Judgment): therefore have no doubt about the (Hour), but follow ye Me: this is a Straight Way.
(Quran, Az-Zukhuruf, 43:61)

So yes, he will come back as a ruler in the last days and clear up all the misconceptions about him in the last days,

P.S. It is easier to learn with an open mind, not one that continues to spew hate

I will stop derailing this thread, you can create a new thread if you want a discussion with muslims about our view of Jesus,
Re: A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 03, 2011
tbaba, sweetnecta, lagoshia and co, why do u guys love spamming threads?
Re: A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims by tbaba12345: 6:02pm On Dec 03, 2011
toba:

tbaba, sweetnecta, lagoshia and co, why do u guys love spamming threads?

lol:: How come you did not include aloy@emeka? How many threads have i spamed?,
Re: A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims by Nobody: 11:41pm On Dec 03, 2011
tbaba12345:

There is no need to define what 'anointing' means in the muslim tradition because  it is a ancient jewish tradition not a religious one. It refers to the leadership position of Jesus.

We do believe that Jesus was the chosen one of the jews,

I dont know neither does the quran would be a more honest answer.

1. Anointing is NOT an "ancient" jewish tradition. It was and STILL IS an outward sign of God's consecration of an individual for a particular mission. Till tomorrow it is a tradition that is celebrated in the christian church.

2. Again you dodged answering a key question, why is Jesus refered to as the "Christ" if this was merely a title that symbolised an ancient and unused jewish rite? Why does allah mention this and why? If indeed allah sent down Jesus, why did he allow the jews to give Him a meaningless name? No other prophets were refered to as the Christ . . . why was Jesus special in this case to allah?
Re: A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims by aloyemeka1: 11:55pm On Dec 03, 2011
tbaba12345:

lol:: How come you did not include aloy@emeka? How many threads have i spamed?,

Because I don't spam threads with jargon unlike Lagos-Bin-Shia and Sweet-Bin-Necta. I only tell the ugly truth about Islam.I am an apostate.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-814154.0.html
Re: A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims by tbaba12345: 12:03am On Dec 04, 2011
davidylan:

I dont know neither does the quran would be a more honest answer.

1. Anointing is NOT an "ancient" jewish tradition. It was and STILL IS an outward sign of God's consecration of an individual for a particular mission. Till tomorrow it is a tradition that is celebrated in the christian church.

2. Again you dodged answering a key question, why is Jesus refered to as the "Christ" if this was merely a title that symbolised an ancient and unused jewish rite? Why does allah mention this and why? If indeed allah sent down Jesus, why did he allow the jews to give Him a meaningless name? No other prophets were refered to as the Christ . . . why was Jesus special in this case to allah?

1. Actually it is: anointing with oil is what jews did to select new leaders, It is only an adopted christian tradition to fit their doctrine.

2. Jesus is refered to as the messiah because he is, He is the chosen leader of the jews, The jews expected a messiah to fulfill a prophesy and Jesus is that messiah, that is why he is called the name, To show them that he fulfilled the prophesy,  The jews do not expect the messiah to be the son of God or God as the christians profess but a just leader.

Same as the muslims,

You can start a new thread if you want a comprehensive discussion about Jesus (A.S.)

But I think your questions have been answered,
Re: A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims by tbaba12345: 12:05am On Dec 04, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Because I don't spam threads with jargon unlike Lagos-Bin-Shia and Sweet-Bin-Necta. I only tell the ugly truth about Islam.I am an apostate.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-814154.0.html

With all due respect, your threads are hilarious lies and half truths,
Re: A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 05, 2011
tbaba12345:

1. Actually it is: anointing with oil is what jews did to select new leaders, It is only an adopted christian tradition to fit their doctrine.

Again a muslim lie. Anointing was NOT merely a "tradition" like you falsely allude to but obedience to a command directly from the God of the bible - as a sign of consecration to Him. Exodus 29:7 is a good place to start looking. The same God in the flesh (as Jesus) was anointed BEFORE He began His earthly ministry. the same Christ asked the disciples to wait in the upper room to be anointed with the Holy Ghost BEFORE they began their christian ministries.

Anointing was FIRST used in the bible under God's command to select Aaron as the first Priest (ie intermediary between man and God). To say it was merely used to select new leaders is just a false disgrace and one in a long line of islamic attempts to denigrate sacred christian beliefs in order to force islam into the bible.

tbaba12345:

2. Jesus is refered to as the messiah because he is, He is the chosen leader of the jews, The jews expected a messiah to fulfill a prophesy and Jesus is that messiah, that is why he is called the name, To show them that he fulfilled the prophesy,  The jews do not expect the messiah to be the son of God or God as the christians profess but a just leader.

this is quite daft. why did the same Jews reject their "Messiah" and crucify Him? why are jews TODAY refusing to STILL accept Christ as their Messiah?
Re: A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 8:39pm On Dec 05, 2011
davidylan:

Again a muslim lie. Anointing was NOT merely a "tradition" like you falsely allude to but obedience to a command directly from the God of the bible - as a sign of consecration to Him. Exodus 29:7 is a good place to start looking. The same God in the flesh (as Jesus) was anointed BEFORE He began His earthly ministry. the same Christ asked the disciples to wait in the upper room to be anointed with the Holy Ghost BEFORE they began their christian ministries.

Anointing was FIRST used in the bible under God's command to select Aaron as the first Priest (ie intermediary between man and God). To say it was merely used to select new leaders is just a false disgrace and one in a long line of islamic attempts to denigrate sacred christian beliefs in order to force islam into the bible.

this is quite daft. why did the same Jews reject their "Messiah" and crucify Him? why are jews TODAY refusing to STILL accept Christ as their Messiah?

Your hate for islam is almost hilarious, Create a new thread, i will dismantle all your contentions,
Re: A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 05, 2011
tbaba1234:

Your hate for islam is almost hilarious, Create a new thread, i will dismantle all your contentions,

we dont need a new thread. Answer the questions here . . . the are not as difficult.
Re: A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 8:46pm On Dec 05, 2011
davidylan:

we dont need a new thread. Answer the questions here . . . the are not as difficult.

Ofcourse, they are not, infact there have already been answered

but that is not the purpose of this thread, Create a thread, Lets discuss Jesus (A.S.)
Re: A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 05, 2011
tbaba1234:

Ofcourse, they are not, infact there have already been answered

but that is not the purpose of this thread, Create a thread, Lets discuss Jesus (A.S.)

if you consider a logical fallacy (declaring something true because the quran says so) as an answer then i guess you did justice to the questions.
Creating a thread to discuss my Lord and Saviour denigrated as a lowly "prophet" of a demonic cult? No thanks.
Re: A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 9:06pm On Dec 05, 2011
davidylan:

if you consider a logical fallacy (declaring something true because the quran says so) as an answer then i guess you did justice to the questions.
Creating a thread to discuss my Lord and Saviour denigrated as a lowly "prophet" of a demonic cult? No thanks.

Lol, you crack me up dude,
Re: A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 05, 2011
tbaba1234:

Lol, you crack me up dude,

just the same way you do. I marvel at your sneaky and dishonest way of distorting the scriptures to force-fit them to an islamic narrative.
Re: A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims by theseeker2: 11:12am On Dec 06, 2011
davidylan:

[b]Anointing was FIRST used in the bible under God's command to select Aaron as the first Priest (ie intermediary between man and God). [/b]To say it was merely used to select new leaders is just a false disgrace and one in a long line of islamic attempts to denigrate sacred christian beliefs in order to force islam into the bible.

Why do you keep confusing yourself? So why dont you equally worship Aaron since he is messiah like Jesus as you have quoted above? Is that not the point that the muslim have beem trying to prove to you guys for the past 1,400 years? What is the sickness in you people's head for christsake (pun intended)
Re: A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims by tiarabubu: 9:41am On Mar 18, 2012
tbaba, I am surprised how you twist biblical texts in your debate here.

You have never fumbled so badly...
Re: A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims by tbaba1234: 12:32pm On Mar 18, 2012
tiarabubu: tbaba, I am surprised how you twist biblical texts in your debate here.

You have never fumbled so badly...

well, i can always learn::

I made just one biblical reference and it seems pretty straight forward to me.
Re: A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims by Sweetnecta: 1:33pm On Mar 18, 2012
Very interesting thread. It is magnanimous for frosbel to declare a truce. He may disagree with Islam just as we in Islam disagree with all other religions, but I admire his commitment to his way; whatever his destination, God knows it, already, and frosbel will do everything at the end to get it.

The best of the OT Prophets, Moses, was not anointed. Even Joseph was not anointed.
Jacob who is the third of those people Yahweh is always referred as their God [Abraham, Isaac and Jacob], was not anointed. The first to be anointed as a prophet was Aaron,of King Saul. Even stone was anointed [stone at the altar], and even tree. They are christ, if anointed means just that. What is so special therefore about stone or tree being a christ? How about King Saul who was a christ before Jesus? Davidylan needed to be ignored.

Ethnic tradition; But that was what anointment was and its significance to jewish ethnic tradition supersedes its not always having any religious value. Otherwise those who are not anointed like Moses, etc would have no right being receivers of revelation. Spiritual leader like Samuel, truly sinless John the son of Zacharia, would not be qualifying to be people of paradise. Even King Solomon, etc. Jews carry unnecessary traditions that has no spiritual weight. Example is the not eating of hindquarter of cattle, which should have been restricted to only Jacob. They added to itand ended up with not eating beef and drinking milk or consuming diary product during the same meal. So when you go to Carnegie deli, only gentile like me will have beef and cheese.

What Jesus didn't do, the christians are doing in their worship and day to day living. What Jesus did in his worship of God, the christian simpy abandoned it. Can they truly be following Jesus?Is one thing to say it,but it is honesty when you act it. If you never pray as Jesus did to his God when he was in need, how do you justify saying you are obeying Jesus?
Re: A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims by Hardunnii(f): 12:28pm On Mar 19, 2012
Thank God am a christian
Re: A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims by Sweetnecta: 4:07pm On Mar 19, 2012
^^^^Thanking without action is worthless.
What Jesus did about his God, you abandon. Calling yourself a Christian and never following Jesus in worship of his Lord is disingenuous.
Re: A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims by Hardunnii(f): 4:24pm On Mar 19, 2012
^^^^ and how did u reach that conclusion Or are you just hurting cos am a christian??
Re: A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims by Sweetnecta: 9:17pm On Mar 19, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^ Jesus prostrated his face on the ground to Ellah, his God.
He did that when he was at Gethsemane, begging all night long in prayers and worship.
Muslims do this still. I have down 2 of them since midnight and have 3 more to go. This is similar to what Jesus did.
I guess I am closer to him in deeds and not just word of mouth. Alhamdulillah that he and I have the same God Who is never weary, tired, dying or in need.

You don't do that as a christian or do you, face on the dirt? So the emptiness of your statement is in the not having any action to support it.

And no, I am not bothered that you are a christian. I have seen many christians who convert to Islam; some of the women closest to my heart.

And some of my best friends, trusted religious brothers were christians, before leaving it. But you still have to tell me what is special about what you now have. Or are you just living in euphoric feeling that somebody is now shouldering your mistakes and you have no responsibility so you can go on making 'em mistakes?
Re: A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims by Hardunnii(f): 10:35pm On Mar 19, 2012
He who have ears let him hear, just hope it wont be too late. Peace out brother
Re: A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims by Sweetnecta: 11:12pm On Mar 19, 2012
Hardunnii is avoiding the reality.
She refused to accept that anyone who worships, is not the True God.

Now. Peace out.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amazing! The Plot Thickens. / Racism In Islam: Why Do Arab Muslims Call Blacks Abeed. / Being A Singer, Is It A God Given Talent ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.