Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

It Is A Pity Nigerians Cannot Fight A Revolution - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is A Pity Nigerians Cannot Fight A Revolution (1911 Views)

Nigeria Needs A Revolution - Pastor Tunde Bakare / Osinbajo, El Rufai Feud: Nigerians Cannot Be Fooled By APC's Antics / Femi Aribisala: 'Dear Buhari, You Cannot Fight Corruption With Corruption' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is A Pity Nigerians Cannot Fight A Revolution by kobojonkie(f): 5:52pm On Nov 29, 2011
Godman_n:

I am Igbo. I will go for a Revolution. I will support any Igbo man that will lead it.

What I will never support is another war of Secession. Let another Tribe stand up and fight if they think they can seceed; but for Revolution, we must all restore our land together. Whoever wants to be a coward, let him be.

Ours will never be a war. Our will be total civil disobidience. The way it was done in Egypt, Tunisia and the likes. The way Ghandi, Mandela, Martin Luther King and even Christ taught us.

Just to be clear will you also support/follow Yoruba man starting a revolution or just Igbo man?
Re: It Is A Pity Nigerians Cannot Fight A Revolution by Kobojunkie: 5:53pm On Nov 29, 2011
Hausa man needs to come down to Abia State to lead, for the people in Abia to get up and fight for their rights, even in their own state? A Yoruba man has to lead a revolution in Bayelsa? WOW!!
Re: It Is A Pity Nigerians Cannot Fight A Revolution by Afam4eva(m): 5:57pm On Nov 29, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Hausa man needs to come down to Abia State to lead, for the people in Abia to get up and fight for their rights, even in their own state? A Yoruba man has to lead a revolution in Bayelsa? WOW!!

It will be a great idea for everyone to lead a revolution in their various states, cities and villages. Once the states are at standstill then there's nothing left. The FG does not have as much power as it's being touted.
Re: It Is A Pity Nigerians Cannot Fight A Revolution by kobojonkie(f): 5:58pm On Nov 29, 2011
afam4eva:

An Igbo man cannot lead a revolution any more. It will be deciphered as an act of war.

Unfortunately I have to say this is true. Its a permanent scar on your face. No makeup or surgery can completely hide it.

Do you think if Boko haram was an Igbo group, the government wouldn't have invaded the east? Because it's the north, some people are even saying they're freedom fighters. I bet you the day Massob decides to tow the path of Mend and Bokoharam, that's the day another war will kick start.

I wonder why you are comparing Massob to Boko haram and Mend.

Massob is clearly endorsed openly by many Igbos while Boko haram and Mend are faceless groups.
Re: It Is A Pity Nigerians Cannot Fight A Revolution by Kobojunkie: 6:04pm On Nov 29, 2011
afam4eva:

It will be a great idea for everyone to lead a revolution in their various states, cities and villages. Once the states are at standstill then there's nothing left. The FG does not have as much power as it's being touted.

Now you've lost me. You boldly proclaimed that easterners would have to wait on others to revolt before they choose to. Then you now state that you know the FG does not have power, especially when it comes to state to state politics. So, why again, are you against a revolution again? Or is it that you did not take time to process what it would mean to revolt in the Nigeria we have today or something? undecided
Re: It Is A Pity Nigerians Cannot Fight A Revolution by Afam4eva(m): 6:19pm On Nov 29, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Now you've lost me. You boldly proclaimed that easterners would have to wait on others to revolt before they choose to. Then you now state that you know the FG does not have power, especially when it comes to state to state politics. So, why again, are you against a revolution again? Or is it that you did not take time to process what it would mean to revolt in the Nigeria we have today or something? undecided

I just had a rethink. That it will be better for everyone to protest in their home turf so the revolution will not be seen in a different light. Even some protest in states are always seen by some people as political. So, to be sincere a revolution will be very difficult to prosecute in this country.
Re: It Is A Pity Nigerians Cannot Fight A Revolution by dayokanu(m): 6:22pm On Nov 29, 2011
Fstranger is that you?
Re: It Is A Pity Nigerians Cannot Fight A Revolution by redsun(m): 6:34pm On Nov 29, 2011
Junkie, you are learning a few things,i.e, you can spell igbo correctly and you are beginning to see that there could harsh but swift ways out of problems. Good,you as a mouthpiece for a revolution will go a long way,keep it up,maybe docile and placid nigerians will some day take heed.
Re: It Is A Pity Nigerians Cannot Fight A Revolution by bashr8: 6:41pm On Nov 29, 2011
attention all igbos before you foolishly join or start a revoliution first read about the 1966 coup and the biafran war, dont be foolish the 3rd time, dont trust anybody , nigerians are tribalist and remember the looters are mostly from the north and south west , igbos be wise and mind your buisness, if you want a revolution go start from your local government or state govt . i dont know wen we igbos will stop all this i am a nationalist rubbish , mind your buisness. also remeber an eaterner is the president ,somepoepl want to use you so they can later say after all its igbos that started it . dont be foolish again

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-813161.96.html#msg9657501
Re: It Is A Pity Nigerians Cannot Fight A Revolution by WilyWily4: 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2011
bashr8:

[b]attention all igbos before you foolishly join or start a revoliution first read about the 1966 coup and the biafran war, dont be foolish the 3rd time, dont trust anybody , nigerians are tribalist and remember the looters are mostly from the north and south west,
No only your Igbo people, No former Eastern region person will ever join anything against Jonathan whether good or Bad,
we have to be careful with these Fraudulent deceivers tribes, Ijawman didn't do them any wrong, it was Nigerians that voted through National Assembly to reject Yorubas because of their Fraudulent behaviours not Jonathan
Re: It Is A Pity Nigerians Cannot Fight A Revolution by bashr8: 6:48pm On Nov 29, 2011
Wily¬Wily:

No only your Igbo people, No former Eastern region person will ever join anything against Jonathan whether good or Bad,
we have to be careful with these Fraudulent deceivers tribes, Ijawman didn't do them any wrong, it was Nigerians that voted through National Assembly to reject Yorubas because of their Fraudulent behaviours not Jonathan

i metioned only igbos because if you go through history they seem to be the ones falling for the mischiefs of these fraudelent yorubas . who else better to use against GEJ if not igbos , in one thread they are calling for revolution and in another they are justifying the death of igbos that died in revolution against the evil nigerian govt.
Re: It Is A Pity Nigerians Cannot Fight A Revolution by Funkymallam(m): 7:02pm On Nov 29, 2011
REVOLUTION ID NOT POSSIBLE IN NIGERIA FOR NOW!

When i see or hear ppl talk of revolution, i laff real hard cus most of them are youths, who r not even ready to protest in their various local govts.

Hw do u start revolution when:
1. The country is sharply divided along ethnic lines and bigots abound.
2. The country is also sharply divided along relogious lines.
3. No region wants to strike while its son is in power.
4. There are distrust and suspision all over.
5. No man wants to lead, cus if u do, ur motives will b misinterpreted as personal and selfish.
6. All of us have turned to cowards and no man wants to b a sacrificial lamb, myself included and all those calling our yourhs cowards here. WE ALL R COWARDS!
7. We v learnt suffering and smiling as a virture.
8. We can not hold even our local leaders accountable for their actions.
9. We are too busy with ourselves and immediate family needs?
10. We are not ready for the cost of revolution.

Who will lead us?
No man wants to die!
Re: It Is A Pity Nigerians Cannot Fight A Revolution by WilyWily4: 7:03pm On Nov 29, 2011
bashr8:

i metioned only igbos because if you go through history they seem to be the ones falling for the mischiefs of these fraudelent yorubas . who else better to use against GEJ if not igbos , in one thread they are calling for revolution and in another they are justifying the death of igbos that died in revolution against the evil nigerian govt.
Why i said all Eastern region is that tomorrow, those devils deceivers that look like human being will go to Ijaw people and tell them how Ogoni people  follow plot their down fall
Re: It Is A Pity Nigerians Cannot Fight A Revolution by Funkymallam(m): 7:04pm On Nov 29, 2011
REVOLUTION ID NOT POSSIBLE IN NIGERIA FOR NOW!

When i see or hear ppl talk of revolution, i laff real hard cus most of them are youths, who r not even ready to protest in their various local govts.

Hw do u start revolution when:
1. The country is sharply divided along ethnic lines and bigots abound.
2. The country is also sharply divided along relogious lines.
3. No region wants to strike while its son is in power.
4. There are distrust and suspision all over.
5. No man wants to lead, cus if u do, ur motives will b misinterpreted as personal and selfish.
6. All of us have turned to cowards and no man wants to b a sacrificial lamb, myself included and all those calling our yourhs cowards here. WE ALL R COWARDS!
7. We v learnt suffering and smiling as a virture.
8. We can not hold even our local leaders accountable for their actions.
9. We are too busy with ourselves and immediate family needs?
10. We are not ready for the cost of revolution.

Who will lead us?
No man wants to die!

embarassed
Re: It Is A Pity Nigerians Cannot Fight A Revolution by WilyWily4: 7:07pm On Nov 29, 2011
Funkymallam:

When i see or hear ppl talk of revolution,
Who will lead us?
Yorubas are the most intelligent tribe, They will Lead us
Re: It Is A Pity Nigerians Cannot Fight A Revolution by bashr8: 7:14pm On Nov 29, 2011
Wily¬Wily:

Yorubas are the most intelligent tribe, They will Lead us
good one
Re: It Is A Pity Nigerians Cannot Fight A Revolution by efisher(m): 7:24pm On Nov 29, 2011
Funkymallam has said it all!
Re: It Is A Pity Nigerians Cannot Fight A Revolution by Kobojunkie: 9:29pm On Nov 29, 2011
afam4eva:

I just had a rethink. That it will be better for everyone to protest in their home turf so the revolution will not be seen in a different light. Even some protest in states are always seen by some people as political. So, to be sincere a revolution will be very difficult to prosecute in this country.

Ok. . . . now we are talking. Revolution needs to first happen at the state and local levels, and this has to happen in each state. People in Abia state for instance have to first correct the issues at home before they run off attacking those in Abuja.  We already have democracy . . .  the Revolution we need is getting Democracy to work for us and it has to start right in our individual backyards FIRST. When we have tackled this, then we start talking of a National Revolution. Speaking of Revolution, in my opinion, is 90% State and local, and then 10% federal. We have Democracy, we just need to demand it be put to work for us at the base levels and then at national levels.
Re: It Is A Pity Nigerians Cannot Fight A Revolution by WilyWily4: 9:56pm On Nov 29, 2011
The only Revolution acceptable after Jonathan is the disintegration of Nigeria.
Re: It Is A Pity Nigerians Cannot Fight A Revolution by Kobojunkie: 10:00pm On Nov 29, 2011
ga laba na ime ulo!
Re: It Is A Pity Nigerians Cannot Fight A Revolution by okadaman2: 11:36pm On Nov 29, 2011
dayokanu:

Fstranger is that you?
Re: It Is A Pity Nigerians Cannot Fight A Revolution by Godmann(m): 8:10am On Nov 30, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Ok. . . . now we are talking. Revolution needs to first happen at the state and local levels, and this has to happen in each state. People in Abia state for instance have to first correct the issues at home before they run off attacking those in Abuja.  We already have democracy . . .  the Revolution we need is getting Democracy to work for us and it has to start right in our individual backyards FIRST. When we have tackled this, then we start talking of a National Revolution. Speaking of Revolution, in my opinion, is 90% State and local, and then 10% federal. We have Democracy, we just need to demand it be put to work for us at the base levels and then at national levels. 

See, no Revolution can start from the villages and get to the center. Nigeria is corrupt and bad, not because our people are bad. It is simply because the power at the Center (Abuja) have failed to act right over the years; it rather sent bad signals which down that encourage people to be corrupt. That was how the bad behaviours emanating from Abuja trickled down to every nook and cranny of our land. That was how we became a country of corurpt people. When you know how the rich guys around you make their money, you will tempted to follow their evil ways when there is no evidence of punishment meted to them; especially when you have serious denials.

Because of the amount of the resources at the centre (It is only Abuja that can enforce the laws. it is same Abuja that dispenses the resources; deciding who becomes rich or poor), it is very impossible to mitigate the destructive influence of a powerful center. But if one takes hold of the centre, the resources will be deployed to clean up the country. How does it sound preaching to a hungry man to act right when he looks beside him and there is a well fed rich guys thief who has not been punished by the law in any way. Any child wants to be successful. When you notice the ways of the successful people around you as a child, you take to them.

It is because the only way to be rich and successful in Nigeria is via corruption (Thanks to a corrupt Abuja), that so many of us are taking to corruption. No amount of preaching can stop this. The only ways is to met out appropriate punishment to law breakers and compensate people rightly.

Give appropriate remunerations and punishments and Nigeria will be clean.

To all serious minds, Let concentrate our efforts at the center because if we take hold of Abuja, Nigeria will be made. It takes just 4 years rule to transform our mentality, just be giving effects to our laws. Even common sense laws without all the constitution and edicts is enough to guild us through.

As for those that insist on changing our families first: good luck. But note, you cannot transform a hungry man; yet you will never have enough to fed the hungry man unless Abuja cleans up.
Re: It Is A Pity Nigerians Cannot Fight A Revolution by Knight1(m): 8:25am On Nov 30, 2011
OP,
a revolution must have a leader, and one without any baggage at that.
If i wake up today and say i want to start a revolution, how many people will follow me? perhaps less than hundred, simply because the public doesnt know my credentials.
now in nigeria, which person can is both popular and righteous/credible enough to start (and fund too, cos revolters must eat)?
buhari? most people belive he has deep islamic tendencies/ too old--------------baggage
Falana? close to ACN/ defends corrupt governors undecided--------------------------baggage
Dora? don't even get me started

the truth is at this stage, a revolutionn may never happen in Nigeria, and it isn't because the 'average nigerian youth' is a coward, i personally believe a lot are ready to die but the truth remains they'll likely die in vain!!!!
to drive change in Nigeria, we must look to peaceful means e.g why can't a group of young Nigerians decide to monitor each ministry through the use of FOI, constistently monitor their expenses and probably put them online for our numerous accountants to analyse? say 500 people take petroleum and all of it's depts and agencies, another takes police affairs, then we probably will drive a change we want.
Re: It Is A Pity Nigerians Cannot Fight A Revolution by Godmann(m): 8:40am On Nov 30, 2011
Knight1:

OP,
a revolution must have a leader, and one without any baggage at that.
If i wake up today and say i want to start a revolution, how many people will follow me? perhaps less than hundred, simply because the public doesnt know my credentials.
now in nigeria, which person can is both popular and righteous/credible enough to start (and fund too, cos revolters must eat)?
buhari? most people belive he has deep islamic tendencies/ too old--------------baggage
Falana? close to ACN/ defends corrupt governors undecided--------------------------baggage
Dora? don't even get me started

the truth is at this stage, a revolutionn may never happen in Nigeria, and it isn't because the 'average nigerian youth' is a coward, i personally believe a lot are ready to die but the truth remains they'll likely die in vain!!!!
to drive change in Nigeria, we must look to peaceful means e.g why can't a group of young Nigerians decide to monitor each ministry through the use of FOI, constistently monitor their expenses and probably put them online for our numerous accountants to analyse? say 500 people take petroleum and all of it's depts and agencies, another takes police affairs, then we probably will drive a change we want.

Who led the Egyptian Revolution? Who led the Tunisians? Who lead the several that the British have had? Who lead the American Revolution?

I do not believe that Revolution must have a leader before it takes off. What is mandatory is that denials prompts revolution. Revolution in most cases is instantaneous and not pre-planned. It is during the act that leaders emerge.

We have enough conditions for revolution in Nigeria. We are just waiting for a spark that will start of the revolution because the land is ripe (thanks to the denials and irresponsibility in the land). When it takes off. Leaders abound. I am one; you are one. In our midst are so many good leaders. The circumstances will make them manifest.
Re: It Is A Pity Nigerians Cannot Fight A Revolution by kobojonkie(f): 12:28pm On Nov 30, 2011
Godman_n:

Who led the Egyptian Revolution? Who led the Tunisians? Who lead the several that the British have had? Who lead the American Revolution?

I do not believe that Revolution must have a leader before it takes off. What is mandatory is that denials prompts revolution. Revolution in most cases is instantaneous and not pre-planned. It is during the act that leaders emerge.

We have enough conditions for revolution in Nigeria. We are just waiting for a spark that will start of the revolution because the land is ripe (thanks to the denials and irresponsibility in the land). When it takes off. Leaders abound. I am one; you are one. In our midst are so many good leaders. The circumstances will make them manifest.

GBAM . . . Well said

It is now a game of chess in Nigeria between the leaders and followers.

The followers are being used as sacrificial pawns to kill each other while the queen and rooks are cowardly sitting in their secure and comfortable positions. For any revolution the pawns have to rebel and send out the cowards at the back row to the front line.

Let Namadi Sambo be posted to Yobe to solve the Boko Haram crisis, Let Alison Maduekwe be posted to Niger Delta creeks to solve once and for all outstanding Mend issues, and let Aliko Dangote and his likes pay for the "supposed" fuel subsidy instead of poor Nigerian masses.

Why do the masses have to suffer more on top of all their sufferings while they cushion the effects on the super rich guys?

Why must innocent souls of market men and women, students and corpers, and poor hungry youths be sacrificed to fight artificial battles for greedy politicians?

Why . . . Why so many questions but no answers??
Re: It Is A Pity Nigerians Cannot Fight A Revolution by Godmann(m): 1:05pm On Nov 30, 2011
bashr8:

attention all igbos before you foolishly join or start a revoliution first read about the 1966 coup and the biafran war, dont be foolish the 3rd time, dont trust anybody , nigerians are tribalist and remember the looters are mostly from the north and south west , igbos be wise and mind your buisness, if you want a revolution go start from your local government or state govt . i dont know wen we igbos will stop all this i am a nationalist rubbish , mind your buisness. also remeber an eaterner is the president ,somepoepl want to use you so they  can later say after all its igbos that started it . dont be foolish again

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-813161.96.html#msg9657501

I disagree completely with you. I have read a lot of what happened 1966. The facts is that whereas Nzeogwu was a true nationalist and a committed revolutionalist,  he made the common mistake that his likes do. They always trust people believing that most are driven by pure and sincere purpose; which is not the case. I have studied the common mistakes of revolutionalist and it is always so. Nzeogwu was deceived by his compatroits. Ifeajuna that led the operation in the South was a born schemer.

Ojukwu schemed. So many of them did. Nzeougwu made the mistakes common with sincere young people.

Ojukwu was driven by ambition more than revolutionary and egalitarian principles. Find out how he schemed Nzeogwu out of the Biafran army. Find out how he ran the biafran army like Saddam Hussein ran Iraq. Try to understand the circumstances surrounding his roles in 1966 and the statement he made to his dad when he wanted him to run their family business and not join the army. "Dad, you made your name making money, I want to make my name in a different way". How else would one make a name in the army in the 1960's than to plan a coup and be a head of state as was common world wide in the 1960s?

Also remember that what we practiced then was parliamentary system of government where a coalition government can be easily dissolved by walking out of the government; to force the government in power to lack simple majority. In the 1960's the North barely have 1/3 and required the eastern NCNC to rule. When they were misbehaving, why didn't the East withdraw from that government.

You see our problem is corrupt elites from all tribes and not tribalism. Most Nigeria leaders present and past are very dirty. Our present elites must be replaced for the good of their nation and people. I guess their initial interaction with the colonial masters destroyed all their psyche.

They all lack gut and originality. They are all copy-cart that always look up to the oyibo man for every solution. They were never sincere and never understood what nationalism is all about. They do not understand the relationship, between politics, economy and the well-being of the citizens.

They lack imaginative ideas to link up our culture and science. They are just foooooools.

We must displace these fools from every nook and cranny of this nation for our tomorrow to be. It is not about tribe. It is not about names. It is about me and you. It is about our people, our land, our culture and most importantly, our race - the black man - that depends on Nigeria to awaken; because if Nigeria do not rise, African will never stand.

If for these cause I will die, so be it. I sign my death warrant. How many can join me. We require just a million to march on the streets of Abuja and our Revolution is born.

Join us : http://www./9jactivists. And bring your friends.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Petroleum Minister Books Hotel Worth $8,000 Per Night / Anambra Sai Soludo - The Soludon (APGA) / SEE Pastor Who Worships And Preaches With The Use Of Deadly Snakes[photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.