Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,209 members, 7,860,357 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:53 AM

South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu (5950 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: South-east Governors In Abuja Over Attacks / Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning / Northern Governors Declare War On Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by Onlytruth(m): 3:48am On Nov 30, 2011
@Okija_juju

God punish you and your generation unborn. Idiiotic animal.
Just keep praying that Boko Haram doesn't reach out to us in Igboland, we will sacrifice you to Alusi Okija for sure.
Hear me well, jee raa nne gi. cool
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by ezeagu(m): 4:09am On Nov 30, 2011
renewnaija:

This is the dominating mentality I'm talking about. I'm glad you accept there will a 'domination'. So of what use will it be to join Biafra when ppl like you think we are already voiceless?

What voice do you have? You have no voice obviously that's why you're here complaining about possibly being "ethnically cleaned" by a heavily fragmented group who not only have no history of "ethnically cleansing" your people after thousands of years of cohabiting, but have actually picked up Cross River culture in British-French-like portions. If you're confident about your language and culture then you wouldn't be here lamenting over "ethnic cleansing" that has never happened. You lived next to a dangerous Igbo confederacy for at least 200 years and even they were partly Ibibio, now you want to stir up some dust because of what some people 200 miles away are telling you. People who have no history with you and would shrug their shoulder if the Igbo were to have a conflict with you. People who don't really give a shit about what the difference between an Ibibio and Efik is except if it is to weaken you?

renewnaija:

At least we have reps in the Legislative arm of the Nigerian Govt presently (however docile they may be).

And how is that better than being second in command of the country, or being at least 2/5 of the country? You have reps in the country, yet how much development compared to your potential have you got. Meanwhile in Biafra they're refining oil. . . You'd rather stay in a failed state and be dominated by three groups than be in a country where you would have a bigger share.

renewnaija:

Moreover, I have never been mistaken to be Igbo in Nigeria so your statement is greatly flawed.

Well that's great for you. Greatly flawed? No, because I bet I can trick even you into calling an Igbo community a Cross River one, and versa. In fact there's Igbo over the Cross River.

renewnaija:

If you think it is easy for the Igbos to dominate a State like CR, then why havent they done so or with oil-rich Akwa Ibom or Rivers or Delta?

That's my question to you. And don't start acting like you didn't place the Igbo in a domineering position when you started out on this thread; you're the one telling us about the people with "similar language and culture" dominating the "minorities", so you're the one who thinks its easy for Igbo people to "phase out" your culture. It's like me talking about British people possibly "ethnically cleansing" Igbo people and their ability to dominate Igbo people, then turn around and get offended when the British person claims Britain can dominate Igbo people. Makes no sense.

renewnaija:
Can they dare try it in Nigeria? No. Can they do it in Biafra? A resounding YES!

And if they "dare" try it in Nigeria what will happen? I guess you'll come back with something that paints Igbo people as Imperial Japan or the British Empire? The rest of Nigeria doesn't even really give one when it comes to whose Igbo and who isn't in the east because they see the east as all Igbo. The attitude only changes when something can be gotten from a section of the east, ala, "south south", or when they can weaken it by dividing it, ala, you.
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by umechuma: 4:43am On Nov 30, 2011
Okija_juju:

@ Afamefuna

Nwanne,

The honest truth is I am an Anambra Man (true and true) and also a Rivers Man (but not Ikwerre unfortunately I detest that tribe). But that dosent matter. If you look at my posts, it is only when the Biafran issue comes up that I really get pissed. I am not anti-Igbo, I am only anti-Biafra and I have a deep seated hatred for Ojukwu.

My opinions may differ from yours, but in the end, we both want the same things.

And Torch1

On a serious note sir, I am not Alj_Haram. I already addressed that issue today. I wonder why anyone would think I am. undecided
You can't be an Anambra Man and Rivers Man at the same time.In Nigeria, their is no[b] dual statehood[/b].
I think you are a bastard.You better ask your mother where you are from before you die because Anambra soil will not accept your dead body.
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by tpia5: 5:28am On Nov 30, 2011
The "hard truth" is if Igbo people had a decision to domineer Cross River they'd do it

dont be fooled by the smiley faces and "gentle" demeanor you think you're seeing over there.

if they havent been dominated by igbos before now, what do you think prevented that?

meaning if they're so easy to domineer then why hasnt it happened yet.

sometimes people can think they're the hunter when in actual fact they're the hunted.
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by ezeagu(m): 5:45am On Nov 30, 2011
Obviously, it's someone from the Cross River themselves that is saying the Igbo are the "hunter". So it's either "Igbo people cannot dominate Cross River people", or "Igbo people will dominate Cross River people", or "Igbo people can, but do not dominate Cross River people", you guys have to pick one.
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by tpia5: 5:51am On Nov 30, 2011
who is you guys.

i'm not from there.

just stating my observations, that's all.
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by ezeagu(m): 5:53am On Nov 30, 2011
I'm talking about people from other parts of the country telling them they will be dominated/the Igbo are being dominated.
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by tpia5: 5:55am On Nov 30, 2011
well, all that might be sorted out some time i guess.
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by ChinenyeN(m): 6:10am On Nov 30, 2011
This talk about Igbo domination is getting old. People are claiming there exists an agenda, yet there is no evidence of such. People are claiming that the Igbo will dominate others, yet the Igbo cannot even dominate themselves. People are claiming that Igbo can never dominate others, yet those same people go around preaching how everyone should be wary of Igbo. This goat feces is getting old.

ezeagu:

Obviously, it's someone from the Cross River themselves that is saying the Igbo are the "hunter". So it's either "Igbo people cannot dominate Cross River people", or "Igbo people will dominate Cross River people", or "Igbo people can, but do not dominate Cross River people", you guys have to pick one.
Thank you.

@renewnaija
I simply asked which minority tribe was yours, not for a list of groups in Cross Rivers.
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by Okijajuju1(m): 9:48am On Nov 30, 2011
afam4eva:

You're not Onye Igbo. Stop claiming what you're not. It's now i'm beginning how disposition and that of Al_harem look identical. Btw, what's the meaning of Ara ga gba ndi ara.

I thought you were Igbo?!

And also I dont need to defend my roots. I am who I am, just like you are who you are. The only thing is we both have divergent views on certain Igbo related issues (esp. Biafra and Ojukwu).

tpia@:

i dont understand the write up.

did gov peter obi leave office for uwazurike? Why is he delivering messages for him?

who exactly is making the pronouncements on ojukwu's death, or is there a power struggle going on.

and where is the governor's trained PR representative to make statements on the governor's behalf.

In Igboland, chaos and disorderliness seems to be the order of the day. If Anambra state can kidnap a sitting governor, then I'm sure that Uwazuruike can also make speeches and laws on behalf of the governor.

This is what you get when eediots are governors. . . From Rochas - Elechi - Obi. angry

xtianh:

@ Okija juju. U are truly nt an Igboman, but if u are, then u must be a bar-- staad son, cus true Igbo sons dnt act the way u do. The rubish Igbo u type cannot convince a year old Igbo boy

And you are indeed a typical upper iweka hawker. You cant reason beyond buying and selling of substandard merchandise and hence I dont expect you to have any unique opinion other than those you hear in your Market people banters and beer palours. angry WHat do you know about anything! So everyone who doesnt think like you or share your myopic opinions is a b'astrad abi?! Then your family tree must be full of several branches of w'horing women and g'igolo men!

Azu ofia! angry
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by Okijajuju1(m): 10:07am On Nov 30, 2011
Onlytruth:

@Okija_juju

God punish you and your generation unborn. Idiiotic animal.
Just keep praying that Boko Haram doesn't reach out to us in Igboland, we will sacrifice you to Alusi Okija for sure.
Hear me well, jee raa nne gi. cool

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! grin

Nna buru uwa ghi na ba o!!

Muna ghi enwero npka. The B'astard is dead, next is Uwazuruike and like I said, in another 5 years! Biafra and Ojukwu's story would only be told as bed time stories to children to bore them to bed. tongue

Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

afam4eva:

He's not onye Igbo. It's as simple as that. Which Igbo person attacks Igbo people on just about every thread. We overlook it because he uses Ara ga gba ndi ara to cover our eyes. He's not Igbo. he has never written Igbo.

Biko is it by writing igbo that we know who is a nwafor and who isnt?! undecided

Nna na wah o!! And point of correction, I dont attack Igbos on every thread (cos it would be like attacking myself), but nontheless, I do not like OJUKWU and I do not support the Biafran cause at all. It was a bad idea that would have backfired (like Anambra state politics today) and God have mercy on the minority south-south because Ndi Igbo would have marginalized them worse than we did the Osu's. WORD!!

Ojukwu can be mourned by sympathisers from any part of the country. People can wear sack coths, shave their pubes and do whatever they like to bury him, but it shouldnt be on the governments expense.
I am saying that these useless eastern governors who are the most under-performing in the entire federation (except for Ekiti) are all very excited to declare a 7-day public holiday, spend "NIGERIAN TAX-PAYERS and NIGER DELTA OIL ALLOCATION MONEY" to bury a man who tried to break-up NIGERIA!! And that in itself is very very not right. Especially for a coward!

If he had died in 1970, he would have been a greater hero/martyr than he is now. Now he is just a coward who died a cowards death and achieved nothing but mass murder of his own people for a cause that he wasnt ready to lay down his own life for!!
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by Okijajuju1(m): 10:13am On Nov 30, 2011
umechuma:

You can't be an Anambra Man and Rivers Man at the same time.In Nigeria, their is no[b] dual statehood[/b].
I think you are a bastard.You better ask your mother where you are from before you die because Anambra soil will not accept your dead body.

Every C'unt, D'ick and hairy wants to take a shot at Okija!!  grin

I can take it from people like Onlytruth (who I consider a friendly enemy) and Afamefuna (who is I also consider worthy "debate" opponent), but from YOU!! A product of a broken condom and several failed abortions?! Heck no! Anambra reject my corpse?! If Ojukwu can be buried in Anambra, then whats so special about Anambra soil?! I would rather be cremated than to be buried along side a coward just so in the afterlife, we are not mistaken as comrades.  angry

I do not associate with Snitches and B'itches. And Ojukwu was a B'itch.
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by ektbear: 10:30am On Nov 30, 2011
Damn.

*munches popcorn*
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by okijajuju2: 10:37am On Nov 30, 2011
I am bastard son of an osu from Okija shrine. My father is mad and was thrown into the evil okija forest. I escaped with my mother to "rivers". cry
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by okijajuju2: 10:38am On Nov 30, 2011
I used to fux chickens in the village before they chased me away. 
Sometimes I fux ma mama too.  cool
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by okijajuju2: 10:42am On Nov 30, 2011
My mother is not Igbo, only my father. i really hate ibo people though I can still speak bits of  the language. I hate their culture. They are quick to throw people to that okija juju. Even ordinary fuxing chicken will land you there. cry embarassed
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by Okijajuju1(m): 10:43am On Nov 30, 2011
okija*juju:

I am bastard son of an osu from Okija shrine. My father is mad and was thrown into the evil okija forest. I escaped with my mother to "rivers". cry

okija*juju:

I used to fux chickens in the village before they chased me away.  
Sometimes I fux ma mama too.  cool

I give up!!  You win!!   grin

Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by okijajuju2: 10:46am On Nov 30, 2011
HAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAH !!!
cheesy grin cheesy grin angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

OKIJA DEY PURSUE ME HELP HELP! embarassed embarassed embarassed
I DON SH!eet MY PANTS NOU.

wHERE'S MY kaikai BOTTLE SEF. angry angry
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by renewnaija(m): 12:44pm On Nov 30, 2011
I have made my point and I dont need to convince anyone. It is not rocket science to have this kind of foresight.

@ Onlytruth. In respect to the Ahiara Declaration, you mentioned that all men will be equal. Are all men not equal in Nigeria? Is that not how Nigeria started? You think Biafra will be idealistic right?

ezeagu thinks we have 'one tribe in the state that dominates'. Really? Do your research on Cross River State & its leaders & come back & tell us which tribe is that.

@ezeagu. You also said we will have a bigger share in Biafra. Again, really? I laff in Igbo. During the war, some regions were going to be annexed into Biafra with or without their approval. Is this a lie? Do you I hear someone say equality?

@ChinenyeN. I only listed the tribes because many Igbo do not know that CR has so many tribes which many do not know about. I have lived in Onitsha & that is the perception of some Igbos.

I have nothing against the Igbos. You are who you are. If given the opportunity, you would claim the Niger Delta resources. Sadly, you cant. This is because there is vested interest there from more powerful Nigerian tribes than yours & also of course because the scars of the war is a still glaring reminder.

How hard is all this to decipher?

Enuff of this thread hijacking. Anyone else can have the last laff. I'm done.
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by Afam4eva(m): 12:47pm On Nov 30, 2011
renewnaija:

I have nothing against the Igbos. You are who you are. If given the opportunity, you would claim the Niger Delta resources. Sadly, you cant. This is because there is vested interest there from more powerful Nigerian tribes than yours & also of course because the scars of the war is a still glaring reminder.

So, are you saying it's better to be marginalized by another big tribe than Igbos? You're sounding ridiculous.
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by renewnaija(m): 1:01pm On Nov 30, 2011
afam4eva:

So, are you saying it's better to be marginalized by another big tribe than Igbos? You're sounding ridiculous.

If other tribes have vested interest in CR, Akwa Ibom & Rivers etc, does that mean they are marginalised? Where did I state that? Must you make a post just for the sake of it?

afam4eva, wteva you call yourself, if that is how you make deductions, then thats your bowl of pap, not mine. Look who sounds ridiculous.
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by ChinenyeN(m): 2:24pm On Nov 30, 2011
renewnaija:

*insert over-sized question mark here*

Scars of the war. . What kind of nonsense is this? Are you and your fellow small companion tribes the only people that lost something in that war? Was it you and your fellow small companion tribes who had to sustain artillery shelling from Nigerian troops? Stop talking as if you and your fellow small tribes played any relevant part in that war.

If given the opportunity, we would claim Niger Delta resources. . . Abeg are you mumu? These your "Niger Delta Resources" are being "claimed" by international Oyibo companies and corrupt Nigerian statesmen, yet you are here worrying about Igbo people wey neva look your side sef. For a product of Cross River, you have misplaced priorities.

I only wanted to know one small thing; which minority tribe was your tribe, but after you bringing up all this useless crap, I don't even care anymore. Just continue on with this your over-worry about Igbo.
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by Okijajuju1(m): 3:30pm On Nov 30, 2011
renewnaija:

I have made my point and I dont need to convince anyone. It is not rocket science to have this kind of foresight.

@ Onlytruth. In respect to the Ahiara Declaration, you mentioned that all men will be equal. Are all men not equal in Nigeria? Is that not how Nigeria started? You think Biafra will be idealistic right?

ezeagu thinks we have 'one tribe in the state that dominates'. Really? Do your research on Cross River State & its leaders & come back & tell us which tribe is that.

@ezeagu. You also said we will have a bigger share in Biafra. Again, really? I laff in Igbo. During the war, some regions were going to be annexed into Biafra with or without their approval. Is this a lie? Do you I hear someone say equality?

@ChinenyeN. I only listed the tribes because many Igbo do not know that CR has so many tribes which many do not know about. I have lived in Onitsha & that is the perception of some Igbos.

How hard is all this to decipher?

Enuff of this thread hijacking. Anyone else can have the last laff. I'm done.

wow!!

brilliant!! Simply brilliant!!
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by renewnaija(m): 3:49pm On Nov 30, 2011
ChinenyeN:

*insert over-sized question mark here*

Scars of the war. . What kind of nonsense is this? Are you and your fellow small companion tribes the only people that lost something in that war? Was it you and your fellow small companion tribes who had to sustain artillery shelling from Nigerian troops? Stop talking as if you and your fellow small tribes played any relevant part in that war.

If given the opportunity, we would claim Niger Delta resources. . . Abeg are you mumu? These your "Niger Delta Resources" are being "claimed" by international Oyibo companies and corrupt Nigerian statesmen, yet you are here worrying about Igbo people wey neva look your side sef. For a product of Cross River, you have misplaced priorities.

I only wanted to know one small thing; which minority tribe was your tribe, but after you bringing up all this useless crap, I don't even care anymore. Just continue on with this your over-worry about Igbo.

Who was the 2nd in command of the Biafran Army? Who took over when your Ojukwu ran away? Do I hear you say he was Efik? We didnt play any part right? lol. You guys just keep showing yourself.

Dont you have a job or something? Get off my back will ya. I'm done educating ppl like you who may never understand why your war failed. I wish you all well in your quest for Biafra. Hope it gives you what you wish for.
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by Okijajuju1(m): 3:53pm On Nov 30, 2011
^^^

Relax! Biafra is deader than Ojukwu. Ojukwu stands a better chance of ressurecting than Biafra secceeding from Nigeria!!
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by ChinenyeN(m): 4:04pm On Nov 30, 2011
renewnaija:

Who was the 2nd in command of the Biafran Army? Who took over when your Ojukwu ran away? Do I hear you say he was Efik? We didnt play any part right? lol. You guys just keep showing yourself.

Dont you have a job or something? Get off my back will ya. I'm done educating ppl like you who may never understand why your war failed. I wish you all well in your quest for Biafra. Hope it gives you what you wish for.

I thought you were done? What are you still doing back here?

Anyway, Your first mistake is assuming that all Igbo care about Biafra. Your second mistake is coming here to play 'victim among victims'. Your third mistake is assuming that you have something Igbo wants, and your fourth mistake is being mumu enough to misplace your priorities in terms of who or what is more of a threat to you.

Nmogho, go back and face your small tribe in Cross Rivers. Help them find their feet in Nigeria first, before you begin to worry about a non-existent Igbo agenda.
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by nsiadi: 4:51pm On Nov 30, 2011
Just thinking that the cowards who still talk bad of Ikemba should be shunned in unmistakable terms
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by ezeagu(m): 5:27pm On Nov 30, 2011
renewnaija:

I don't even have to go further than Calabar's histroy to see how the Efik have shifted the natives from the area.

renewnaija:

Uhm, just in case you didn't know, any annexing would have been the decision of Col. Ojukwu backed by his Efik second in command Philip Effiong. Cross River was part of Biafra till the end from what I know as history. How is any of this related to "ethnic cleansing" in Cross River by the Igbo? What's the highest position a Cross River person holds in Nigeria today? Oh, let me guess, "I'd rather be completely marginalised by random strangers hundreds of miles away than be possibly ethnically cleansed by the Igbo, who have been living side-by-side by me for millennia and have never ethnically cleansed my people". See what happens when you listen to randomants?

(I really hate when people act like their communities didn't once support Biafra, like it was just an Igbo thing.)
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by ChinenyeN(m): 5:46pm On Nov 30, 2011
ezeagu:

(I really hate when people act like their communities didn't once support Biafra, like it was just an Igbo thing.)
How else will they be able to justify their tantrum? They have to make it an "Igbo" thing, in order to legitimize their "big bad wolf" perception.
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by Librate(m): 10:07pm On Dec 01, 2011
cool cool cool cool
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by tpia5: 11:40pm On Dec 01, 2011
cross river is on the cameroon border, right?
Re: South-East Governors Declare 7-day Mourning For Ojukwu by tpia5: 11:43pm On Dec 01, 2011
just need to match the name with a location. It helps to get a visual sometimes though not too much like my dear becomerich used to do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Graphic Pics Of Boko Haram Terrorists Killed By Nigerian Troops At Konduga. / See How Jonathan Is Playing Football With The Life Of Nigerians (pix) / Say No To 'Women's Equality'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.