Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? (28497 Views)

Join Us To Play Xbox And Ps3 & Ps4 On System Link / Difference Between Xbox,xbox 360 And Ps3 / Ign :: Top 25 Xbox360 And Ps3 Games Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by lumzi23: 3:34am On Dec 02, 2011
abrazar:

@lumzi23 i neva compared ps2 to a 360,i said he should compare d ps2 2 xbox,

Sorry, my bad.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by ONEMEGE(m): 6:20am On Dec 02, 2011
folks, i would like to know d cost of getting it(ps3). 2ndly,its there any game software 4 ps3 that can b installed on a pc?.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by brainpulse: 7:24am On Dec 02, 2011
PLs Can you play films through USB on PS3?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by dadicvila(m): 7:50am On Dec 02, 2011
mehn i was of the opinion that dia aint much difference btw the two but after playing FIFA 2011 on PS3 2 months ago in my friends house mehn i immediately saw my folly, wink wink
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by 4real(m): 8:47am On Dec 02, 2011
@ONEMEGE i should be coming home soon if your interested in buying one send me a mail to makinfolarin@yahoo.com and lets talk about the kind you may need and price as well
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by ritchboy(m): 10:56am On Dec 02, 2011
4real:

There is no need to fight over there those supporting ps2 have never played a ps3 not to talk about playing it on and hd led tv, I won't even play my ps3 on a plasma why in the world would I play a ps2, I had a friend who said the same that there was no real difference on my last visit to Nigeria I came with my ps3 needless to say I never got a chance to play my games as the guy no stand up from the game at all lol wicked graphics on games like uncharted or gears of war or modern warfare

You won't play your PS3 on a plasma? cheesy Do you even know what a plasma display is?

You played Gears of War on your PS3? cheesy This is serious!

arshy:

comparing PS2 to PS3 is pure inferiority complex.

If u don't have money to buy PS3, just stick to your obsolete life and enjoy it, but don't come here to give us any injury in our brain. I have been trying to think for few hours to see how I can compare the two, the only answer I am getting is 'Dude, are u insane?' , lolz

The PS3 is already 5 frickin years old and will soon join the PS2 in the "dated" category, y'all need to STFU.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by 3kay945(m): 2:24pm On Dec 02, 2011
brainpulse:

PLs Can you play films through USB on PS3?
yes, i do watch films with my flash on ps3, but not all films codec can be played. i cant explain better on why!
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by 3kay945(m): 2:33pm On Dec 02, 2011
what about displaying pictures on your tv. via ur ps3?, i think dis is superb.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by heywhytech: 3:04pm On Dec 02, 2011
I just bought PS3 and I don't know how to play the games that comes with it.I can only play PES11,  the remaining games are Night Club, Dead zone . Please help me on how to enjoy it (PS3)
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by princemedico: 1:21am On Dec 03, 2011
I don't know hw some pple comment on topics. Some use it 2 show how daft dey are, some try 2 tell us things dey possess. D poster might be a person who wants 2 buy 1 of d 2 games & want 2 know if he really needs some of d features of ps3. And some1 is saying u cannot compare d 2, how does dat ans d question? U were asked 2 state d diff u know.
How can some1 say u can't compare a man wit a woman, u ar just asked to state d diff & similarties b/w d 2. Is like saying u can't compare 'Mr Ibu' & Bill gate.
B/c u stumbled on a ps3 does not make a ps2 owner oldfashioned. Some1 might prefer a ps2 over a ps3 probably b/c d ps2 answer all he needs from a game.
Lastly, pls don't tell me dat u can't compare a bike & a car, for someone who lives in Lagos a bike might be his choice over a car.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by lumzi23: 9:58am On Dec 03, 2011
princemedico:

I don't know hw some pple comment on topics. Some use it 2 show how daft dey are, some try 2 tell us things dey possess. D poster might be a person who wants 2 buy 1 of d 2 games & want 2 know if he really needs some of d features of ps3. And some1 is saying u cannot compare d 2, how does dat ans d question? U were asked 2 state d diff u know.
How can some1 say u can't compare a man wit a woman, u ar just asked to state d diff & similarties b/w d 2. Is like saying u can't compare 'Mr Ibu' & Bill gate.
B/c u stumbled on a ps3 does not make a ps2 owner oldfashioned. Some1 might prefer a ps2 over a ps3 probably b/c d ps2 answer all he needs from a game.
Lastly, pls don't tell me dat u can't compare a bike & a car, for someone who lives in Lagos a bike might be his choice over a car.

First of all, "English! Do you speak it!" Really, don't talk about people showing how daft they are when write as though you are sending a text (I don't care if you are posting from your phone).

Secondly, a lot of people did answer his question. PS2 isn't a bad console. It has a lot of classic games but make no mistake it is out dated in terms of technology in every single way.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by Emeka72(m): 10:26am On Dec 05, 2011
Ps2 and ps3 can't be the same because dey both hav thier unique features.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by nex(m): 8:47pm On Dec 20, 2011
Krave X is organizing the Xtreme Gamer Challenge 2011

Each game will be set to last about longer than 3-5 minutes.

Winner of the FIFA 2012 Tournament - XBOX 360 console
Winner of Dance Central 2 - Justin Bieber Beats by Dr Dre
Winner of Tekken 6 - Toshiba Digital Camcorder.

Venue: The Hub, Palms Shopping Mall, Lekki, Lagos.
Date: 23-24 December 2011.

Register at http://www.facebook.com/xtremegadgets

Registration is absolutely FREE!

Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by sniperwolf(m): 10:43am On Dec 23, 2011
The difference is 2 and 3. And the gap between the 2 and 3 is too much. 2 doesn't come any close to 3
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by sniperwolf(m): 10:44am On Dec 23, 2011
The difference is 2 and 3. And the gap between the 2 and 3 is too much. 2 doesn't come any close to 3
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by sniperwolf(m): 10:44am On Dec 23, 2011
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by opskie: 11:21pm On Mar 02, 2012
Duh! Ask google!
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by Emeka72(m): 10:45am On Mar 03, 2012
I have seen the difference between PS-2 and PS-3 at a gaming center. PS-3 is far more real and advanced than PS-2.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 24, 2012
Mtcheww...all the guys talking about ps3..have you played x-box kinect:it's the next big thing..and all this talk about HD tv, i tried it and it wasn't all that good..the game you are palying needs to be 3D-enabled
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by Bawss1(m): 7:50am On Mar 25, 2012
Xbox kinect is the next big thing? shocked

This thread is so embarrassing.

*facepalm*
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 23, 2012
I guess coz you haven't played it that's why you are covering your face..try it out, it beats playstation move..try it and eat your words!!
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by Bawss1(m): 6:58pm On Apr 23, 2012
*facepalm*
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 23, 2012
Yeah, cover up your face..who wants to see a face that gives nightmares anyway
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by ritchboy(m): 8:18am On Apr 24, 2012
The Gunstringer is the only Kinect game i can say I've *really* enjoyed. Kinect/Move are both crap if you ask me. What an epic waste of $300!!!!
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by lumzi23: 10:16pm On Jul 25, 2012
Mart d dart: Yeah, cover up your face..who wants to see a face that gives nightmares anyway

They are kind of a mess.
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by koolswagking(m): 3:07pm On Nov 26, 2015
just go play pc games instead of killing yourselfs with consoles
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by koolswagking(m): 3:14pm On Nov 26, 2015
lumzi23:

Yes. I had one of the PES games on PS2 (or xbox). I also have PES 2009 for PS3 which I got from a friend's friend. I can't remember how my PS2 version looked but I know it looked worse than Fifa 2003. Now, I know some of these old games have a nice charm about them that makes them look still nice years later. For instance, DOA3 blew my mind when fished it out and played it earlier this year. However, lets compare screens of PES on PS2 to the PS3 versions. (I use pictures from different versions on each system. Some of the URL's are from the Xbox site of IGN but IGN mixes screens when the graphics are the same for both PS and Xbox)

PS2: (PES 2009)

(Winning Eleven cool

Now lets look at PS3: (PES 2011)

(PES 2009)

(PES 2009)

I think it's clear that the PS3 version is clearly superior.
Just go play pc games instead of killing yourselfs with consoles
Re: What Are The Differences Between Ps2 And Ps3? by heatpipe: 7:45pm On Nov 27, 2015
koolswagking:
just go play pc games instead of killing yourselfs with consoles
You are right.A midrange to highend pc simply makes console games look obsolete.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Psp Buttons Are No Longer Responding: Help, Please! / Nigeria Returns To EASports (FIFA 18) After Almost Ten Years. / Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.