Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,204 members, 7,825,772 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! (50392 Views)

Actor Bruno Iwuoha Goes Blind, Cries For Help (pictured) / Mercy Johnson Goes Blind, Three Months After Marriage / Mercy Johnson Goes Bald For A Movie Role (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by Mcleo007(m): 5:35am On Dec 01, 2011
make was poorly executed. So much for what perfection ought to be.

Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by canadaik(m): 5:49am On Dec 01, 2011
that's so disgusting! lipsrsealed
Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by Nobody: 6:05am On Dec 01, 2011
Ooops! Hope she wasn't shot in the a.s.s too o! Cos, i havn't gotten my share yet.
Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by InkedNerd(f): 6:05am On Dec 01, 2011
BlackLibya:

With the exception of her hair, Mercy Johnson is the epitome of West African beauty, when people think of it. She definitely looks better with less makeup and nappier hair, but she is very beautiful. Miss Nigeria represents what Nigerians think westerners would find beautiful in order to win a competition.

Epitome of West African beauty?!?! You must really hate African women to have said that. Her "beauty" is nothing to brag about, whether she has make up or not, whether her hair is nappy or not. Looking at her reminds me of Mr. Ibu's face with make up. I didn't use Miss Nigeria as an example because she "represents" western beauty. I used her an an example because she is actually beautiful. There is no "epitome" to the African woman--that only feeds into notions that West African women/women in general  look a certain way. Ethnically speaking, we have different features for a reason! I don't give a damn what westerners think are beautiful either way, Johnson is looks are nothing to brag about. It's not about adhering to western standards of beauty. All she is, is just a body. Like I said before, if she was to have lost her eye and actually looked like the pic above it wouldn't stop any of those guys--all they would do is just put a pillow or a bag over her face and get to smashin'.

$ugardaddy:

Right on spot here, her beauty is simply  over-hyped.

Overhyped in an understatement. The woman, like many of the other Nollywood bandwagon vagabonds are nothing more than talentless individuals. Hell, if she even had an ounce of talent, I could at least praise her on that. Beauty, she no get. Talent, she no get! I mean c'mon. When will we stop glorifying rubbish?
Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by deluxs1(m): 6:25am On Dec 01, 2011
@ink,mmhh I can see that this topic touched a nerve.I don't watch movies  but if you have ever been out of naija,you will certainly change your mindset as regards to nollywood
Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by Nobody: 6:43am On Dec 01, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Epitome of West African beauty?!?! You must really hate African women to have said that. Her "beauty" is nothing to brag about, whether she has make up or not, whether her hair is nappy or not. Looking at her reminds me of Mr. Ibu's face with make up. I didn't use Miss Nigeria as an example because she "represents" western beauty. I used her an an example because she is actually beautiful. There is no "epitome" to the African woman--that only feeds into notions that West African women/women in general  look a certain way. Ethnically speaking, we have different features for a reason! I don't give a damn what westerners think are beautiful either way, Johnson is looks are nothing to brag about. It's not about adhering to western standards of beauty. All she is, is just a body. Like I said before, if she was to have lost her eye and actually looked like the pic above it wouldn't stop any of those guys--all they would do is just put a pillow or a bag over her face and get to smashin'.

Overhyped in an understatement. The woman, like many of the other Nollywood bandwagon vagabonds are nothing more than talentless individuals. Hell, if she even had an ounce of talent, I could at least praise her on that. Beauty, she no get. Talent, she no get! I mean c'mon. When will we stop glorifying rubbish?

what a national insult undecided undecided
Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by mentorken05(m): 6:48am On Dec 01, 2011
Aint real @ all
Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by kevinc: 6:53am On Dec 01, 2011
It looks real.
Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by Agybabe(f): 6:55am On Dec 01, 2011
I done fear, the time wey I see this topic for frontpage. Una fit give person heartbreak o
Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 01, 2011
Why are some people getting worked up because peeps consider Mercy 'the body' Johnson beautiful? I smell beef here. You can't impose your notion of 'beauty' on anyone else.
Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by Prince344(m): 7:25am On Dec 01, 2011
thank God it's just a joke.
Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by sugardaddy1(m): 7:35am On Dec 01, 2011
pro01:

Why are some people getting worked up because peeps consider Mercy 'the body' Johnson beautiful? I smell beef here. You can't impose your notion of 'beauty' on anyone else.

Just the same way you can't impose your notion of beauty on others who view it differently.
Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by InkedNerd(f): 8:56am On Dec 01, 2011
$ugardaddy:

Just the same way you can't impose your notion of beauty on others who view it differently.

Thank you!

pro01:

If your comment was in reference to what I said about Mercy Johnson, then let's get something straight here. I have NOTHING against her body. I know people who are just as curvy as she is. Is her body nice? Yes, it is but its nothing new. I've seen people who have curvy bodies that are ten times what hers could ever be. If I wanted to go on a personal tirade against her and body, I would. I was simply stating that there really is nothing much to this woman. Even you're own comment gave way the the fact that all she is is just a body. You referred to her as "Mercy 'the body' Johnson". Look at your words--"the body"! You mentioned nothing of her acting skills or that she has done some kind of charity work, all you mentioned was her body! It's not like she is an amazing actress, she just has her body and nothing more. Like I said before and I will say it again, she like many of the other Nollywood bandwagon vagabonds are nothing more than talentless individuals. If she even had some kind of talent, I could at least commend her on that, but sadly, she doesn't.

aguiyi:

what a national insult  undecided undecided

Call it what you like. Nollywood is nothing more then tomfoolery at its best! When I first got into Nollywood movies, I was very proud to see my people doing something for themselves. With time, I quickly leaned that there really was nothing to brag  about and sadly, people have accepted this nonsense acting in the place of talent. The people of Nigeria deserve so much more than this mediocre crap they call acting. I've seen junior high plays that had better acting than the rubbish I see in those movies.
Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by tonjoan: 8:58am On Dec 01, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

I think beauty is diverse. To some it is only in the face, while to others the personality captures the essence of the beauty and of course to a great extent the body structure is a dominant measure to defining beauty. Mercy might not have the alluring face and fingers but she most certainly is beautiful with a well packed body. did you say she's isn't talented? I beg to disagree as I see her as a mass of talent who interpretess her roles with an awesome dose of skills.
I've never been her fan cos i'm not endeared to her personality but I cant take away from her her beauty and talent.
Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by InkedNerd(f): 9:02am On Dec 01, 2011
tonjoan:

I think beauty is diverse. To some it is only in the face, while to others the personality captures the essence of the beauty and of course to a great extent the body structure is a dominant measure to defining beauty. Mercy might not have the alluring face and fingers but she most certainly is beautiful with a well packed body. did you say she's isn't talented? I beg to disagree as I see her as a mass of talent who interpretess her roles with an awesome dose of skills.
I've never been her fan cos i'm not endeared to her personality but I cant take away from her her beauty and talent.

I agree on that aspect!
Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by tonjoan: 9:09am On Dec 01, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

I agree on that aspect!

You must have been so gravely disappointed by the work quality Nollywood practitioners churn out.
Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by InkedNerd(f): 9:20am On Dec 01, 2011
tonjoan:

You must have been so gravely disappointed by the work quality Nollywood practitioners churn out.

Actually, I wasn't initially. I was proud of my people. Over the years, the industry as a whole has deteriorated--from the producers to the actors.
Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by tonjoan: 9:25am On Dec 01, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Actually, I wasn't initially. I was proud of my people. Over the years, the industry as a whole has deteriorated--from the producers to the actors.

True.

Mercy herself has quelled the rumour on a certain Mienpamo Onitsha Saints mobile uploads on facebook
Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by UyiIredia(m): 11:12am On Dec 01, 2011
So someone here thinks that Miss Nigeria is beautiful ! Sorry, but I don't think so.
Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by Beync(f): 12:01pm On Dec 01, 2011
People should find out before spreading fales rumor, this is just a make up for a movie yet to be released.
I know due to circumstances sourounding her marriage some would quick to beliv this kind of news
Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by nancyekpoh(f): 12:41pm On Dec 01, 2011
Thank God it's just a joke, or a movie.
Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by donroso(m): 1:05pm On Dec 01, 2011
$ugardaddy:

Nd kings:

This people sef:
small thing wey go hapn, rumour will spread evriwher
my broda na so o.
Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by InkedNerd(f): 2:14pm On Dec 01, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

So someone here thinks that Miss Nigeria is beautiful ! Sorry, but I don't think so.

Ummm, I hope you know I was referring to the one that just competed in Miss Universe, not the one that was just crowned.
Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by cynthiafred67(f): 3:07pm On Dec 01, 2011
Nija and fake rumor na wah oo
Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by Nenum(m): 8:11pm On Dec 01, 2011
hmmmmmmm
Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by olabosun(m): 11:54pm On Dec 01, 2011
she is an acrtor for ggodness sake and thats a makeup on her in the recent movie she did after her wedding,
Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by EfeEkarume(m): 5:25am On Dec 02, 2011
Mercy Johnson, Bartimeus, Ray Charles, Love, Stevie Wonder all share a lot in common. They are all blind!!!
Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by mystikal(m): 9:38am On Dec 02, 2011
So people find Mercy Johnson unattractive and talentless; There is another group who find Beyonce Ugly and talentless too.

Its a Choice, Shikena!!!
Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by BlackLibya: 5:26pm On Dec 02, 2011
Epitome of West African beauty?!?! You must really hate African women to have said that. Her "beauty" is nothing to brag about, whether she has make up or not, whether her hair is nappy or not. Looking at her reminds me of Mr. Ibu's face with make up

I dont! I cant find the first movie i seen her in with pictures or a video on the internet. But in this movie you could not even see her body at all cuz she was in an all black police uniform. I just thought she was so beautiful, the Sierra Leonian girl I was watching the movie with was like "This woman is very beautiful. This is what an African woman is supposed to look like. "

Her hair is also not completely straightened in this movie. She looks better without all the processing, lets her african features shine through,

Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by sparkly: 6:57pm On Dec 02, 2011
I believe is just a super story because the stars always want to make a public notice of themselves. I know her too well to loose her sight for just a mere acting. Girls cheers
Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by sparkly: 7:06pm On Dec 02, 2011
The motive of this act is not defeated: you have the whole world ear at your feet.
Re: Mercy Johnson Goes Blind? No! by Sinachay: 10:31pm On Dec 02, 2011
Disu e-badu berre and e-jorosi pipo don come ah-gain?
Thank God not be 'rabbit' Michelle Obama kain "titi"  dem say she get for her mouth or ogbonge, miscalculating k-legs wey dey scatter-scatter/jaga-jaga h-inside skirt and troziz or SEGUN ARINZE UKU AKPOLO KPOLO OMO OBA JESU KIND OF EYES dem say she carry! grin
We tain GOD o!

You go Mercy Gal. . . e badu berre and e jorosi go finish dem wan by wan! kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mr Ibu Meets Peter Obi At An Event (photos) / Davido And His New Girlfriend Having Fun With Friends (Photos, Video) / Jim Iyke Shows Off Six Pack In His Messy Bedroom.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.