Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,419 members, 7,954,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:30 AM

Help I Think My Ac Is Faulty! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help I Think My Ac Is Faulty! (815 Views)

Does A Car Consume More Fuel When The AC Is On HI Than On LO / Is The Infinity M35x Very Thirsty Or This Particular One Is Faulty / Help!! My Car Overheats When Ac Is On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help I Think My Ac Is Faulty! by double08(m): 5:36pm On Nov 29, 2011
Just got a Toyota Solara a week back,noticed the AC was going on and off when the AC is switched on.Took it to an AC guy and he said there was no gas and the thermostat was faulty,had to fill it and he worked on the thermostat,works well when am cruising round the town.was traveling a few days back noticed that after working for a while,it will stop for like 4 minutes,then it will pick up again and I something see something like vapor coming out of the air vent, is that normal and what could be the problem? Help needed
Re: Help I Think My Ac Is Faulty! by chelseabmw(m): 5:48pm On Nov 29, 2011
Answer: Compressor
Re: Help I Think My Ac Is Faulty! by Emperoh(m): 7:19pm On Nov 29, 2011
My feeling tells me is it's the thermostat orregulator
trying to main a particular temperature within the car. It will go off when that temperature is
reached and come on again if it begins to rise again.

Set it to the coldest and observe it again.
Re: Help I Think My Ac Is Faulty! by double08(m): 8:19am On Nov 30, 2011
thank you very much please more suggestion
Re: Help I Think My Ac Is Faulty! by biggiyke(m): 9:59am On Nov 30, 2011
if its vapor coming out of d vents, then there's a slight leak in the system and d expansion valve is opening more than normal to achieve desired cooling. let ur technician trace the system entirely for leaks. once the leak is plugged, refill with original gas, and all shall be well.
(speaking from a recent experience)

(1) (Reply)

What Should I Do? / How Reliable Is A Chrysler Pt Cruiser 2003 Model? Pls ! / Gearbox For Camry 2006

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.