Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,717 members, 7,862,278 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:59 PM

Same-sex Marriage In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Same-sex Marriage In Nigeria (896 Views)

Bisi Alimi Slams Senators Behind Anti Same Sex Bill (Photo) / US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage / Abati Is A Product Of Same-Sex Marriage” – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Same-sex Marriage In Nigeria by LUCKYBASTD: 11:00pm On Nov 29, 2011
The Nigerian senate voted to ban same-sex marriage. This is a classic case of  a nation not setting the right priority for itself. I'm no advocate for gay marriage, I'm
 an advocate for let-each-man-live-his-life-as-he-pleases-so-long-as-he-does-not-get-in-your-way.
There are dozens of other ills these "geniuses" in the senate should be exerting more energy to solving . Ills  like rampant corruption,  nepotism, hired-assassination,unemployment,poverty, and so on,
I am the only straight Nigerian male that im aware of who feels the way that I feel on the issue of gay marriage. Many, with whom I've spoken believe that it is a sin for two individual of the same sex to live together as couple, well it may well be a sin but so is  the use of legislative power by politicians for private gains(corruption). One of the greatest sin any man can commit againt another is to deny him or her a basic,reasonable, dignified existence. Is it not the bible that says "Thou Shalt Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself"? Many Nigerians can hardly afford a meal a day while wealthy few are able to shell out $2 million for a child's wedding. 
So if the senate wants to ban gay marriage, fine! Let  them also outlaw all the other ills especially the one that affect all Nigerians, corruption.
Ẹ má jẹkí afi ẹ̀tẹ́ sílẹ̀ k'awá pa làpálàpá
Re: Same-sex Marriage In Nigeria by vladimiros: 5:22am On Nov 30, 2011
i am with you bto

but go to the main thread, see Nigerian bigots trying to "outstupid" each other

it just shameful, how the Nigerian society lets religion ride it
Re: Same-sex Marriage In Nigeria by LUCKYBASTD: 5:44am On Nov 30, 2011
Throw the word "Jesus" at the average Nigerian and loses all sense of reasoning.Corruption takes food away from millions of Nigerians but the politicians do not see the need to outlaw it, I guess it's because they are the perpetrators.
Re: Same-sex Marriage In Nigeria by ezeagu(m): 5:49am On Nov 30, 2011
Yeah, but men-marrying-men isn't part of "Nigerian" culture (well, the ones I've seen), people can do what they like, but if it's being recognised by the government then the populations culture should have meaning.
Re: Same-sex Marriage In Nigeria by LUCKYBASTD: 5:55am On Nov 30, 2011
@Ezeagu, Yes, men marrying men is not part of the Nigerian culture, is corruption is?
If a man likes munching on " sausage" that's his problem, it does not affect as long ad it's not done in front of me. Corruption, however does affect me and my family no matter where it's being done.

(1) (Reply)

Al-qaeda Wants To Kidnap Westerners In Nigeria / Oil Workers Divided Over Strike / We Lost The Gentle Soul Of Our House – Guardian Of Man Shot By Dpo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.