Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Average Nigerian Height (Nigerian Males - Africa's Shortest?) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Average Nigerian Height (Nigerian Males - Africa's Shortest?) (58897 Views)

Tips To Increase Height After 18 Years. / Body Types For Females And Males / How Can A Short Lady Increase Her Height? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Average Nigerian Height (Nigerian Males - Africa's Shortest?) by sulad82i(m): 7:14pm On Dec 02, 2011
Dont forget we have people like M.I amongst us ooo lipsrsealed

Ola Phils:

If Nigerian men are the shortest in the world, what will you say about the Philipinos? whom are little taller than a bottle of multina
Re: Average Nigerian Height (Nigerian Males - Africa's Shortest?) by Pain(m): 2:45pm On Dec 04, 2011
U guys are not serious. Are Aki & Pawpaw not Nigerians?

Didn't they get national honors? In case u don't know, we are the Dwarf of Africa and we celebrate dwarf-hood!. (im just kidding)
Re: Average Nigerian Height (Nigerian Males - Africa's Shortest?) by ShyOne(f): 9:29pm On Dec 31, 2011
Wikipedia - please be aware that Wikipedia ISN'T A VALID SOURCE on ANYTHING AT ALL.

It is updated by ANYONE - you can open a wikipedia account and list an item.

When I was at Holy Cross College, Notre Dame Indiana and at Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois and at University of Wisconsin-Madison - NONE of the professors would allow us to list a source found on "Wikipedia."

They aren't valid and they aren't credible sources.  You can make up anything and list it on Wikipedia. Anybody, anywhere can put any kind of nonsense, fable, lie, invented fiction and list it as though it is fact.

One of my clients, "Wanakee Pugh" - a very famous model - googled herself and found herself on Wikipedia and some of it was true and alot totally false. She had to send a notification to Wikipedia and it took some weeks before she was allowed to revise the information that was written about her by someone she had never heard of and never met.

Please people do your research.  Accuracy saves headache and time from being wasted.
Re: Average Nigerian Height (Nigerian Males - Africa's Shortest?) by drrionelli(m): 1:30am On Jul 23, 2012
I implore that you consider a number of things. Comparison to one's friends or co-workers is an anecdotal--not an empirical--reference. If you were a professional basketball player for example, then all of your co-workers (and a fair number of your friends) would all be much taller than average. Or, it could be that you just happen to be acquainted with a fair number of tall people. There are those who are, likewise, friends and acquaintances with those who are less lofty than they. And to compare family members is equally misdirected for the simple reason that there is much shared genetics in consanguineous families.

Either way, height is just a number. It's a measurement that means nothing about you as a person other than how far the top of your head is from the bottom of your feet. It doesn't mean you're more or less intelligent, caring, compassionate or able than anybody else.
Re: Average Nigerian Height (Nigerian Males - Africa's Shortest?) by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 08, 2015
dayokanu:
I dont think I agree with that stat

How many men do I know that are below 5ft 4? very few and I know a lot of people above 6ft

How can Nigerians be shorter than Chinese?

It depends on what u call 6 feet
Re: Average Nigerian Height (Nigerian Males - Africa's Shortest?) by ehikwe22: 8:01pm On Oct 08, 2018
This is completely bull crap. This is like the most inaccurate stats I've ever seen in my life
Re: Average Nigerian Height (Nigerian Males - Africa's Shortest?) by charlsecy(m): 8:46pm On Sep 13, 2019
dominique:
how can the average naija male be 5ft4" when i'm 5/5 and the shortest out of 3 girls. i don't believe the stats.
Using yourself (one person) against the backdrop of information involving millions of people

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meron Benti: This 'White Woman' Is Actually An Ethiopian Albino / This Is What Your Kidney Would Look Like, If You Dont Drink Much Water (photos / Okeoghene Edigba Died In Benin Hospital Collapsed After Performing 4 Surgeries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.