Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,611 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline (8255 Views)

Factory Unlock Iphone 4, 4s, 5, 5c And 5S On Verizon, ATT, T-mobile / Another Iphone 4s Explodes In Brazil / Unlock Your Iphone 4/5/5C And 5S Permanently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by Myself2(m): 6:39am On Nov 30, 2011
iPhone 4 Explodes Midflight on Australian Airline

Apple’s iPhones are always among the hottest gadgets of any holiday shopping season, but for one passenger on an Australian flight, the phone was too hot to handle — literally.

While on Australian flight Regional Express ZL319 Friday, a passenger’s iPhone 4 (not the iPhone 4S, which is Apple’s latest model) suddenly started “emitting a significant amount of dense smoke, accompanied by a red glow,” according to a Regional Express statement.

The plane, which was flying from Lismore to Sydney, was in the midst of landing when the incident occured. “In accordance with company standard safety procedures, the flight attendant carried out recovery actions immediately, and the red glow was extinguished successfully,” according to Regional Express’ statement.

After landing, the iPhone was handed over to officials at the Australian Transport Safety Bureau. There’s no official word yet on what caused the phone to combust.

Exploding Apple products are rare, but explosions have happened in the past, mostly related to the devices’ lithium ion batteries overheating.

The European Union launched an investigation in 2009 after multiple instances of iPhones and iPod Touches exploding or catching fire midflight were reported in the U.K., Holland, France and Sweden.

Apple also recalled its first-generation of iPod nanos sold between September 2005 and December 2006 because the battery would overheat and “pose a safety risk,” according to the company’s website.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/technology/2011/11/iphone-4-explodes-midflight-on-australian-airline/
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by chelseabmw(m): 2:12pm On Nov 30, 2011
hmmmmm
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by jimctu: 2:12pm On Nov 30, 2011
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 30, 2011
Job's probably planned on getting some people to accompany him to heaven grin
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 30, 2011
interesting.
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by Suntemi(m): 2:24pm On Nov 30, 2011
Ijogz K:

Job's probably planned on getting some people to accompany him to heaven  grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by BabaO2: 2:26pm On Nov 30, 2011
Job's probably planned on getting some people to accompany him to heaven  Grin
While on Australian flight Regional Express ZL319 Friday, a passenger’s iPhone 4 (not the iPhone 4S, which is Apple’s latest model) suddenly started “emitting a significant amount of dense smoke, accompanied by a red glow,” according to a Regional Express statement.
read in between lines and have understanding, Job outlived Apple 4
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 30, 2011
The i-phone 4 is known to have stability issues especially if your IOS is 4.3.5.
Previously,Sometimes after a call,I find mine has gotten very hot,so I switched the phone off for a while.I remedied the situation by upgrading to IOS 5.0.1
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by HighChief4(m): 2:49pm On Nov 30, 2011
Al-Qeada Iphone grin grin Abi na "IBomb"
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by babaowo: 2:58pm On Nov 30, 2011
make i quickly dispose mine ooo,
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 30, 2011
lol @ ibomb
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by JimOvia: 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2011
Shut up u all. Can't u see the phone was a bomb. Read between the lines. Boko haram has even claimed responsibility.
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by 195(f): 4:06pm On Nov 30, 2011
THANK GOD NOR BE NIGERIAN HOLD THE PHONE THIS TIME

IF NOT WE WOULD HAVE BEEN TALKING OF WORLD WAR 3 THIS TIME ON AFRICAN NIGERIAN SOIL
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by ajekpaks(m): 4:43pm On Nov 30, 2011
Funny Enough I bought mine from Austrailia, The refused to send the package along witht the battery, I had to get a new battery here in Nigeria, Something about flight safety or something and also as the name Nigeria was involved I suspect the infact felt it was Some bomb of some sort,
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 4:48pm On Nov 30, 2011
Mmm
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by pynkspyce: 5:02pm On Nov 30, 2011
android it is then.
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by slex(m): 5:11pm On Nov 30, 2011
ibomb
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by Akainzo(m): 6:17pm On Nov 30, 2011
ajekpaks:

Funny Enough I bought mine from Austrailia, The refused to send the package along witht the battery, I had to get a new battery here in Nigeria, Something about flight safety or something and also as the name Nigeria was involved I suspect the infact felt it was Some bomb of some sort,

Strange write-up you have up there!!! shocked shocked grin An iPhone 4 has inbuilt battery that cannot be chnaged! So did they send you the phone then you bough a battery at Computer Village in Ikeja? grin grin grin
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by francis247(m): 6:17pm On Nov 30, 2011
Kai! And I wan by dis phonooo, If iphone aka ibomb don rish bombing levels, man gas 2 stick 2 D ever present help in time of need-blessed ANDROID. At list dis wan go auto turn-off wen e rish bombing levels.
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by eros(m): 6:52pm On Nov 30, 2011
Hmmm!!! Technology
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by kingsrod: 8:57pm On Nov 30, 2011
"Ibomb" Killed it, LMAO
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by Mustay(m): 11:49pm On Nov 30, 2011
Samsung would probably be iLaughing at this. . .especially in Australia if you consider the court case between them.
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by JgregeJung: 12:28am On Dec 01, 2011
ibomb now in the app store!!
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by JgregeJung: 12:54am On Dec 01, 2011
ibomb smiley now at the App Store!!
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by Rejoice247: 4:08am On Dec 01, 2011
A reminder that ALL phones are mini-explosives.

I HEARD OF A CASE WHERE SOMEONE WAS KILLED (BURNT) WHILE USING HIS PHONE AS TORCHLIGHT TO FIX HIS GASOLINE/PETRO GENERATOR!!!!!

PLS, let's be cautious. shocked
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by txh(m): 4:43am On Dec 01, 2011
Abandon Apple and take up and Android or Nokia phone.
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by Blackteeth(m): 6:56am On Dec 01, 2011
@rejoice247. All phones can ignite fuel at close range due to the radiation emitted in course of recieving or making a call.
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by ziccoit: 9:09am On Dec 01, 2011
Maybe another brand of iPhone- Iburn 4. Lol
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by DAVE5(m): 11:57am On Dec 01, 2011
pls am i safe wit mai ibomb
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by baslone: 12:40pm On Dec 01, 2011
I always have my bb in my pockets. I carry my 3apple products in my backpack.

So I have been moving around with explosives? ?

Wetin I go do now so cos ma bag explosion won't be funny at all!!
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by ibroshile(m): 1:51pm On Dec 01, 2011
Are you Sure You Know What A IPhone 4 is?
Re: Iphone 4 Explodes Midflight On Australian Airline by baslone: 3:35pm On Dec 01, 2011
Is that suppose to be an insult or something? shocked

Well, I know a little bit about APPLE- at least you can catch a glimpse of me playing around with my Ipad on my profile.

You should have checked that before directing your question to me.

I am not a techie guy like all y'all but I can still find my way round my pro mac, ipad2, ipod 4th generation and an iphone 3.

Call it greedy but It's simply because I have easy access to getting them. I also sell as past
time. You interested in buying, you can email me baslonedlt@yahoo.com

No beefs abeg, next time just look before you leap!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Globacom Emerges Fourth African Admired Brand / How To Pay For My Whatsapp / How To Watch DSTV Live TV On Your Phone, Laptop Or PC For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.