Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? (8611 Views)

Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Can A Born Again Give A Head During Sex? / How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by Eben2: 9:33pm On Dec 08, 2011
To my dearly beloved brethren and fellow labourers in the vineyard of God,

It is true that the world we live in is very corrupt and evil; but we are well able to walk in righteousness and divine holiness in this evil and corrupt world. The Lord that called us unto holiness is well able to help us walk before Him in perfection all the days of our life. “And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and [I pray God] your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful [is] he that calleth you, who also will do it.”

Don’t say because everyone is doing it then you should. Remember, thousands of children of Isreal left Egypt but just two of the whole lot got to the promised land – Caleb and Joshua. While others decided not to believe God, while others decided to follow the multitude to say: “we cannot”; they stood their ground and said: “we are well able!” They trusted in God and they were able to enter into the promised land.

The Lord is faithful and more than able to keep you in his way. All we need to do is trust in Him totally, study and meditate on the bible daily (not read it), pray always and diligently watch our heart and actions.

Yes, the world is full of darkness; that is why we are the light of the world. Evil is present everywhere; that is why we are the salt of the world. Let us therefore follow the example of the Author and the Finisher of our faith and be examples to unbelievers in words, actions, comportment and all manner of conversation.

Remember, a day is coming when we will all sit in the presence of the Lord and tell the story of how we overcome. What a glorious day that would be!
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by Matnat(m): 10:01pm On Dec 08, 2011
^Wonderful! God bless you sir. SHALOM.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by ochukoccna: 11:53am On Dec 09, 2011
I read 2ru incredulously yesterday to d simple question If a born again can(commit adultery)/sin.
Now I understand why d world is littered with plastic saints.
D Apostles who walked with Christ denied Him,yet they didn't sin abi?
D reborn spirit wars against the unregenerated flesh but you have overcome it abi?
Bible says confess your faults to each other but U R sinless Jesus' sebi?
I'm dont advocate taking God's grace for granted with sinful living but do not bind yokes upon men which yourselves cant bear
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by italo: 1:10pm On Dec 09, 2011
@eben 2, since the day you became born-again, have you committed a sin? YES or NO!
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by jayriginal: 2:22pm On Dec 09, 2011
debosky:

These half baked Christians who are trying to cover their own sin by quoting the bible.

1 John 2:1

My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous.

So YES - a 'born again' Christian can commit adultery.
and then
frosbel:

You had to wrench this out of context to come to this conclusion.

What type of SIN was been referred to here. 

He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work. - 1 John 3 :8

Ephesians 5:3 - But among you there must not be even a hint of intimate immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.

In other words a Christian who consistently practises adultery has lost and denied the faith.

Typical Christian reply. All sins are equal (possibly with the exception of blasphemy). What does it matter if you go to hell for adultery or for stealing a biro or telling a lie ? You're still going to bake anyway, anyhow.  tongue
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by italo: 10:43am On Dec 11, 2011
That's why they can neither say YES or NO. They just a bunch of LIARS. Wolves in sheep clothing. Hypocrites!
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by sovpounds(m): 4:33am On Dec 12, 2011
italo:

Your first five words answered the question: "are you born-again?".

But for the question: "have you sinned since you became born-again?", you have used more than 100 words and you still didn't answer the question.

So I ask again (and pls stop this your deliberate attempt to evade the question, behave like a christian that you claim to be and answer the question - a 'YES' or 'NO' will do incase you don't know any other way to answer clearly).

SINCE THE DAY YOU BECAME BORN-AGAIN, HAVE yOU COMMITTED A SIN?
[i][/i]

The title of this thread is what is causing this argument. The poster used "Will" instead of "Can". "Will" gives the impression that a born again christian is programmed to commit adultery, while "Can" asks if there is any possibility in whatever form of a born again christian committing adultery.

My answer depends on how the question is framed. Will a born again Christian commit adultery? My answer is No. Can a born again Christian commit adultery? My answer is Yes.

Here are my reasons. There is a possibility of a born again Christian falling into temptation and committing any sin (adultery inclusive). When you fall into temptation the spirit of God leaves you because God is Holy and cannot behold iniquity. In Matthew 26:41 Jesus said to Peter "watch. and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing but the flesh is weak". Jesus also made it clear again in Luke 22:31-32 that prayer can make someone overcome temptation. Meaning that if not for prayer anyone born again or not can be tempted and sin. Jesus said in Luke 22:31-32 "and the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: 32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren".

1 Samuel 16:13 says "then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the spirit of the Lord came upon David from that day forward". With the spirit of God upon David he was able to do an extraordinary thing such as killing Goliath in 1 Samuel 17:49-50.

This same David committed adultery, 2 Samuel 11:3-4 "and David sent and inquired after the woman. And one said, is not this Bath-she-ba, the daughter of Eliam, the WIFE of Uriah the Hittite? 4 And David sent messengers, and took her; and she came in unto him, and he lay with her".

This same David also killed another man (Uriah) in 2 Samuel 11:15 "and he wrote in the letter, saying, set ye Uriah in the forefront of the hottest battle, and retire ye from him, that he may be smitten, and die".

1 John 3:9, "whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God". The first time I read this verse I wondered, pondered and meditated on this verse because truth be told there are many things in the bible we can't understand unless God opens your eyes. However I was in church about a week ago and this verse was read from another version of the bible, and it said "whoever is born of God does not KNOWINGLY sin". When I heard it I was relieved.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by tpia5: 10:09am On Dec 12, 2011
The title of this thread is what is causing this argument. The poster used "Will" instead of "Can". "Will" gives the impression that a born again christian is programmed to commit adultery, while "Can" asks if there is any possibility in whatever form of a born again christian committing adultery.

that's all.

i dont know why some are drizzling with annoyance over the matter.

just because they live adulterous lifestyles, therefore everyone must do the same?

some people have turned christianity upside down and actually worship satan while professing to serve God.

do you even have to be christian to not be adulterous? Are there no non-christians who dont find adultery attractive.

what a shame at any christian disturbing others over this thread.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by italo: 10:22am On Dec 12, 2011
When people say a christian is susceptible to sin - including adultery, they are not advocating adultery. They are just expounding the truth. David slept with another man's wife but he was still favoured by God, but that doesn't mean adultery is okay. It is evil.

But we must say the truth as it is:

Every man sins. Born-again christian or not. Sin doesn't make you stop being a Christian, it only makes you a bad Christian.

Those of you saying a born-again cannot sin are the biggest LIARS in the world.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by tpia5: 10:33am On Dec 12, 2011
^you obviously have some issues which make you very bitter.

take it to Jesus if you want to stop rejecting him.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by italo: 11:34am On Dec 12, 2011
What have I said that suggests bitterness.

Is it worse than when Jesus said "woe to you Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!", Or when John the baptist called them "brood of vipers"?

If you stand for the truth, your heart will ache at any deliberate manipulation of it.

I do not detest people who are mistaken. I only detest those who know the truth, but preach lies.

They are the HYPOCRITES
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by tpia5: 11:55am On Dec 12, 2011
Well, keep fighting with yourself.

Nobody has to do anything to please you since you are not God.

If the thought of someone not living your lifestyle is very annoying to you personally, then too bad.

Someone who lives for Christ should be dead to sin.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by italo: 5:01pm On Dec 12, 2011
I have no problems with people having a different lifestyle from mine. I have never tried to pressurize anyone to live the way I do. I have never expected anyone to please me with their lifestyle.

But, just as you recognize their right to live the way they want; can't you also recognize my right to be annoyed with what I want - especially when I'm not harming anyone with my annoyance?

This is a forum to discuss issues and if I see anything that I feel is contrary to the truth, do I not have a right to refute it vehemently?

You sound like I might have said something that really hurt you (though I can't remember anything like that), but if that's the case, I'm sorry.

Sometimes we get too passionate when it comes to matters of faith.

Though I'd like to know exactly where I went wrong, at least so I can know how to adjust.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by maclatunji: 1:46pm On Dec 14, 2011
italo:

When people say a christian is susceptible to sin - including adultery, they are not advocating adultery. They are just expounding the truth. David slept with another man's wife but he was still favoured by God, but that doesn't mean adultery is okay. It is evil.

But we must say the truth as it is:

Every man sins. Born-again christian or not. Sin doesn't make you stop being a Christian, it only makes you a bad Christian.

Those of you saying a born-again cannot sin are the biggest LIARS in the world.

@bolded, that is the lie you folks have been peddling about David (AS) for over a 1000 years. IT IS A BIG LIE! He did no such thing! Don't quote that silly tale in the Bible to me O.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by italo: 2:33pm On Dec 14, 2011
Ok boss, you've been noticed. Congrats!
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by ecenter(m): 12:12am On Dec 15, 2011
A true child of God will not deliberately commit Adultery. It is not that he cannot commit Adultery. That one is born again does not prevent him from Temptation. In fact being born again opens the door of Temptation wider.

So let everyone that calls himself a believer be very careful the way he lives so that he will always resist the devil.

If a born again christian lives carelessly,  especially always coming closer to the opposite sex without care, he may likely fall into the sin of adultery.

A man of God said , ''The closer you are with an opposite sex the weaker you become.'' Am not of the sect that preaches that one should not relate with opposite sex.(A brother in Christ relating with a sister of the same Denomination) But my argument  based on the Thread posted is that anyone who calls himself a christian has to be very careful the way he relates with an opposite sex.

Of course it's possible for one to relate with an opposite sex and still remain Holy. For it is only those whose motives and  level of Dedication to God are high that can do that.

If really you are truly born again you should not play with your Christianity.

I remember when I gave my life to Jesus 24years ago. The first Temptation that  came to me was for me to commit fornication with my former girl friend.

What saved me was the fear of God. On that day, I came to their house at night to buy some items and  nobody was at home.

Because she had not known I was born again she wanted me to sleep with her.  But By the grace of God I escaped. From that day till today I have remained faithful to my vow to God. 

Dedicated Christians don't sin. But if they fall mistakenly they rise again and continue the journey.

So in conclusion a  Born again christian cannot commit adultery provided he or she lives and walks in the Spirit.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by italo: 10:58am On Dec 15, 2011
I'm sorry to say this, but I think you're been evasive. What do you mean by "a true Child of God will not DELIBERATELY commit adultery". Can he commit adultery MISTAKENLY?

You also said "dedicated Christians don't sin. But if they fall mistakenly they rise again and continue the journey." What is "sin" and what is "fall"?

In order to avoid any confusion, I want to ask you one simple, straight-forward question that no so-called born-again has ever answered. Let's hope you are a true christian and will be truthful and plain.

Throughout the 24years that you have been born again, have you committed ONE sin? YES or NO!
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by tpia5: 11:50am On Dec 15, 2011
^You are starting to sound redundant.

Please stop derailing the thread.

Find a way to deal with your personal insecurities instead of continually hounding others over irrelevancies.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by ambymeks(m): 12:19pm On Dec 15, 2011
my good people of god, heaven has a standard and no human can adjust it. the term christian was used in the bible to describe those who were like like christ. christ is the begotten son oe god who is not sinful. this is the standard, if u must be a christain, u must be sinless. sin is the barrier btw man and god, if u sin, automathically u seize from being a christain until u ask 4 4givness in truth and in spirit, then u will be automatically become a christain again. pls mind u, either u r a christain or u r not and only u and god knws. nothing like true christain, true born again or good/bad christain. note: its of him who sees in the spirit and physical to conferm u christain. tnx my ppl.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by italo: 2:18pm On Dec 15, 2011
tpia@:

^You are starting to sound redundant.

Please stop derailing the thread.

Find a way to deal with your personal insecurities instead of continually hounding others over irrelevancies.

Firstly, i wasnt talking to you. Secondly, i dont see how im derailing the thread. The OP says "will a born-again Christian commit adultery"? And I'm asking people who claim to be born-again if they ever commit sin.

So what is your problem with me? I've apologized for any wrong I might have done you (even though I don't remember any such thing). I even asked you to tell me what wrong I've done so I can adjust.

Well, thank you and God bless. Can I have peace now?
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by IYANGBALI: 4:37pm On Dec 15, 2011
sure why not?some of the so called born again use it just to decieve people,if only you know what some of them do within and outside the church
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by ecenter(m): 10:03pm On Dec 15, 2011
when I use the word True or Real  Christians it is meant to differentiate them from the fake ones . Since the common logic that anybody who is not

a Muslim is a Christian, then we know that there are nominal Christians and Real Christians. Nominal Christians are those who go to church but they

are not born again.While real Christians are those who are born again and are also dedicated to living for the lord all the rest of their lives.

Now coming to the question whether I have committed sin since My 24years I got born again is not relevant in this Threat.

The Bible says those who are born again don't continue in sin (1jon 3:9) meaning that they can sin mistakenly and also repent and move on.

I don't believe that A true Child of Cannot sin. If he is not working with the spirit of God he will work in the flesh.And working in the flesh is living in sin.

God has made provision for our sins committed mistakenly, however that is never an excuse for any to live in sin. My daily prayers is that God Should help live above sin.

Unbelievers enjoy sin while Christian weep when they sin by mistake. Read (1Jon 1:9;2:1-5)

Fellow forumites Am not claiming perfection by my own power but remain humble to God who only strengthens the weak.

Every Christian will give account of his stewardship to God at the last day. Therefore flee sin, especially the sin of Adultery.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by Orikinla(m): 6:09am On Dec 18, 2011
Happy Sunday. And thank you all for your important contributions. I am going to copy and print out the comments and send them together with my letter to our General Overseer. Yes. A born again Christian can still sin. We sin in many ways and may even be ignoramt of it. That is why Our blessed saint James said we should confess our sins to one another. (James 5:16). This question came up after watching the Nigerian movie "Changing Faces" where a born again Christian husband was unfaithful to his wife and became possessed by sexually transmitted evil spirit. It a movie every Christian in Nigeria should see. Especiall Christian couples who are having extra-marital affairs. It now showing at cinemas in Nigeria after showing in France.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by JamesV1: 11:29pm On Jan 10, 2012
Hi All,

I stumbled upon this post while browsing results about recurring sin in Google.
I have followed the posts and I have registered, because Italo asked a question he deserves an answer for.

I have no idea why some people didn't want to answer your question:

Since you became born-again, have you sinned?

Jesus himself said: let your yes be yes and no - no.

I've been a born again Christian baptised in Holy Spirit for about 13 years and I can shortly say: Yes, I have sinned a lot.

Let me explain on my own example.

[I have noticed that the word s-e-x has been replaced in some parts with the word "intimacy". I don't know if this word is offensive to you - I'm from Europe - if it is I'm sorry and hope the following text will still be understandable with the word replaced.]

I accepted Jesus in my teens as a virgin  (I'm 30 now) and although I wanted to please God and obey His commandments I also wanted to enjoy life and to see what it was like to have different girlfriends. I'm not going to tell the whole story, but to cut it short I must say it lasted for a while - a couple of years. I had 3 serious relationships and a dozen of platonic ones. I'm writing this because during that time I felt an increasing feeling of doing wrong. I couldn't go like this forever - I knew deep inside that not only was this a sin, but also I wasn't the person I was designed to be. All these relationships left me devastated and about 3 years ago I decided I had enough. I said to myself that the next person I would ever sleep with would be my wife if that was God's will and since that time I haven't Were Intimate at all.

Here's my point:
I know it was God who did all the change in me, because I Love Intimacy and I would love to have more, but the thing is I cannot do it any more - not like this, not in sin. I would like to share this intimacy only with the woman I love and share everything with being married to her. I know it doesn't come from myself. My body would probably be satisfied with any sex, but my mind wants this unity not only with the woman but with God at the same time - without it, sex is just pointless - leaves me empty, sad and unsatisfied.

So here's what it means that a born again Christian cannot sin. I can't have sinful sex any more - I don't want to experience the feeling afterwards and all the spiritual consequences ever again in my life. I didn't achieve it with my own strength and it didn't come to me immediately. And still, I have other sins I'm struggling with. Only Jesus was without sin - no other man.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by modavi: 3:43am On Jan 11, 2012
No
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by Ishilove: 4:52pm On Jan 11, 2012
James V:

Hi All,

I stumbled upon this post while browsing results about recurring sin in Google.
I have followed the posts and I have registered, because Italo asked a question he deserves an answer for.

I have no idea why some people didn't want to answer your question:

Jesus himself said: let your yes be yes and no - no.

I've been a born again Christian baptised in Holy Spirit for about 13 years and I can shortly say: Yes, I have sinned a lot.

Let me explain on my own example.

[I have noticed that the word s-e-x has been replaced in some parts with the word "intimacy". I don't know if this word is offensive to you - I'm from Europe - if it is I'm sorry and hope the following text will still be understandable with the word replaced.]

I accepted Jesus in my teens as a virgin  (I'm 30 now) and although I wanted to please God and obey His commandments I also wanted to enjoy life and to see what it was like to have different girlfriends. I'm not going to tell the whole story, but to cut it short I must say it lasted for a while - a couple of years. I had 3 serious relationships and a dozen of platonic ones. I'm writing this because during that time I felt an increasing feeling of doing wrong. I couldn't go like this forever - I knew deep inside that not only was this a sin, but also I wasn't the person I was designed to be. All these relationships left me devastated and about 3 years ago I decided I had enough. I said to myself that the next person I would ever sleep with would be my wife if that was God's will and since that time I haven't Were Intimate at all.

Here's my point:
I know it was God who did all the change in me, because I Love Intimacy and I would love to have more, but the thing is I cannot do it any more - not like this, not in sin. I would like to share this intimacy only with the woman I love and share everything with being married to her. I know it doesn't come from myself. My body would probably be satisfied with any sex, but my mind wants this unity not only with the woman but with God at the same time - without it, sex is just pointless - leaves me empty, sad and unsatisfied.

So here's what it means that a born again Christian cannot sin. I can't have sinful sex any more - I don't want to experience the feeling afterwards and all the spiritual consequences ever again in my life. I didn't achieve it with my own strength and it didn't come to me immediately. And still, I have other sins I'm struggling with. Only Jesus was without sin - no other man.

this is the sincerest response on this thread. Let your yes be yes and nay be nay. Italo asked a simple question which certain posters either didn't understand or outrightly refused to answer.
Smacks of hypocrisy to me
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by buzugee(m): 7:05pm On Jan 11, 2012
the answer is an emphatic NO. any man or woman who commits adultery is definitely not in christ-however the human body is a fallen entity that has a default button set to 'sin'-because of this the lord sent his son to die for us so that we can be cleaned of our sins. what this simply means is that unlike the old days where you had to kill a goat and then have the levites sprinkle the blood of the goat in the altar to cleanse your sin, the messiah's blood has overriden that task. so basically any sin you commit is automatically cleansed because jesus has done the sacrifice with his blood. all you have to do is have strong faith in the messiah and accept his sacrifice.
        having said all that, when you are committed to christ, there are certain sins which if committed by you shows that you are not really spiritually renewed. those will be sins against other people. these sins go against the golden rule of 'love your neighbor as yourself' when you commit these kind of sins, it shows that you are not really of the lord. Adultery will be one of those sins. when you commit adultery you are desecrating a womans body. see in those days before the churches you see today were formed, there were no marriage ceremonies. you didnt have any kind of formal marriages. formal marriages were introduced by europeans and the roman catholic church and as such it is demonic. they are just a way to financially monitor you. see if you register as married via a formal ceremony, the govt can know how much tax to take from you or how much inheritance tax to extract from you etc etc. its a financial arrangement. so before the europeans, this is how you got married. you took the woman into your tent and then you slept with her. the sex you had with her is the formal bond required. this is why when joseph slept with mary, he was required to marry her (not the fake immaculate conception story the roman catholic church cooked up). Being Intimate is the seal of marriage.
           any woman who wasnt a virgin when the man Were Intimate with her for the first time (this is if they dont see blood on the sheets) was stoned to death LOL.
Anyway the point to all this is that you are desecrating a womans body when you sleep with her and not marry her. this is a grave sin. this is a sin against someone else not to mention you are hurting your own partner. this type of sin, you will always get a comeuppance of epic proportion from God. serious payback. if you indulge in this, it means you are definitely not born again.
           Finally, as stated earlier, the button of our sinful body is set to 'sin' as default and as such we will always sin. the good news is Jesus died for those sins. nobody will ever be perfect. anyone who says they are perfect is a huge liar. even PAUL who wrote all the new testament struggled heavily with sin romans 7 vs 14-25. the difference is that the sins committed by a real christian of which will be cleansed by the blood of jesus will be sins against yourself and not against other people. examples of sins against self will be smoking, self-servicing, gluttony, eating pork, eating lobster. eating shrimps, eating snails, etc. sins against other people break the golden rule and is testament that you still have satanic spirit. however when you sin against yourself, your body is not protected against the repercussions of such sins but your spirit will be if you have strong faith in the lord. so basically you can die a premature death from gluttony or you can catch cancer of the lungs from smoking and then die. the lord will not protect your body from such sins though your spirit is protected if you have faith in the lord and accept jesus sacrifice.
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by biddybee: 6:33am On Jan 17, 2012
I have learnt never to judge a man by his title. Its not about adultery it is about sin and your reaction to sin, when a sheep falls into mud, what is its reaction? Compare that with a pig in mud.

He that is born of God "does not continue in sin",

sin is a choice.

The spirit of God will only guide you but will not stop you when you have decided to sin.

I John 1:16 If you see a Christian brother or sister sinning in a way that does not lead to death, you should pray, and God will give that person life. But there is a sin that leads to death, and I am not saying you should pray for those who commit it

All sins are the same whether lying, stealing, exaggeration, murder etc,

May God help us all to strive to please Him, then this issue will not be a big deal to us
Re: Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? by numo86(m): 8:26am On Jan 17, 2012
it is true that a born again can fall into temptation(adultery in particular) if he/she is not always aware and cautious of where he/she is standing, when once we let our guards down there's always d tendency to relapse into gross misconduct, some of d early christians in d past did fall into such adulterous life style,but dat didnt mean d end for them, if they became repentant and never to go back to such acts they were forgiven just as king david was,
but i wana let everybody realise something, many are fond of using d slogan that " ALL SINS ARE EQUAL", now the bible never taught that, there's no place in d bible that says all sins are equal,
Even in d days of d isrealites when d law was in vogue,all sins never and did not incur d same purnishment, some sins incured death,others involved jus makin small sacrifice to atone for, some sins were definitly weightier than others, many feel that if they commit immorality steadily then there sins are stil on d same level wit some1 who once in a while expresses anger,or quarels wit another, there are sins that will not make us enter into Gods kingdom if we do them incessantly, those sins are different from d inherent sin that makes us by default imperfect, becos we r imperfect sometimes we quarel,shout @ our kids, etc, those are things dat as humans unknowingly n knowinly we do them becos its just us, but also as humans it is so possible for us to avoid gross sins because we obey Gods command, e.g murder,immorality,adultery,extortion,spiritism,idolatry,materialism,drunkinness, etc,
We can avoid such sins if we realy love God,
But lets take note that if all sins were equal not even a soul wil suvive this world, not even d apostles,nor d early christians,nor abraham,nor all d so called born agains will survive, thanks!

(1) (2) (Reply)

/ What Is Grace? / Amazing Facts About The Pope, Roman Catholic Church And The Vatican

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.