Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,128 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

What Do You Do With Ur Bb? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Do You Do With Ur Bb? (7992 Views)

HOT: Browse With Ur GOTV Or STARTIMES Decoder Free!!!!! / Do You Still Subscribe Ur BB, Android , Iphone And PC Every Months With Money? / Blackberry Pins-share Ur BB Pins Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by Ephraimi(m): 8:04am On Dec 01, 2011
Up untill now I don't think I need  a BB. Cos to me I can do almost everything with my Nokia smart phone. I enjoy a phone dat I can download any software I need, & use it without any restriction.

Pls what is so special about BB? What do you do with it dat is so special & you cant do without?

I also want to ask: can u browse on BB without subscription, using ur phone credit?
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by benabbey(m): 4:41pm On Dec 01, 2011
BB deliver mail online real time through push technology. BBM allow you to connect with people all over the world real time (ping). BB useage is cheaper you can download unlimited data for max 3k. Depend on your knowledge you can:
Browse
bookmark
game
picture
music
online radio
news
mail
and so many other thir party enable software
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by ndukwejoe(m): 3:44pm On Dec 02, 2011
You can send files of all kind.
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by yme1(f): 3:50pm On Dec 02, 2011
Communication has been pretty easy thru pinging
I use it in class to read case study for any of my course, i don't need to print out nuffin
I can instantly send and receive mails
It keeps me connected
and it just made gossiping between my close frds and I alot easier cheesy cheesy

And yes you can browse on BB without subscription if your phone is credited
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by candylips(m): 3:57pm On Dec 02, 2011
y me:

and it just made gossiping between my close frds and I alot easier cheesy cheesy

holy grail for ladies cheesy
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by Egbagirl(f): 3:58pm On Dec 02, 2011
let's see,
make calls
send text messages
read and send emails
facebook and nairaland (hardly cause i have a comp)
BBM (mostly when im in naija on vacation otherwise, i dont really have time)

so at then end of the day, i think its the BBM that makes the BB attractive otherwise no biggie.
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by Koolking(m): 4:00pm On Dec 02, 2011
benabbey:

BB deliver mail online real time through push technology. BBM allow you to connect with people all over the world real time (ping). BB useage is cheaper you can download unlimited data for max 3k. Depend on your knowledge you can:
Browse
bookmark
game
picture
music
online radio
news
mail
and so many other thir party enable software

all these can be done by any phone even chinese phones. Nothing too special about BB. I have used it before dumping it. The only thing (which of course can be done by any java-enabled phone) is the BBM for pinging. What is pinging on BB if you dont have peeps with BB phones. Nothing too special about BB. It is just overrated in Naija.
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by benabbey(m): 4:02pm On Dec 02, 2011
Data compression of BB is unmatchable techie. If you are a tech freak you will need 6Gig data at minimum of 7k and whereas you only pay 3k for unlimited access on BB
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by KayDee4: 4:27pm On Dec 02, 2011
Pinging (chatting), i can communicate with friends back in naija, europe or anywhere in the world @ d touch of a button, without having to call them on phone or wait endlessly for them to come online (Y! msngr).

E-mailing, which is the primary reason i got one, i often receive emails that require urgent replies and the bb comes in handy for that. I have a nokia smart phone too but its can't do more than one e-mail account and i have to refresh all the time to see if i have a pending mail (i probably didnt set it properly for alerts).
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by Jarus(m): 4:36pm On Dec 02, 2011
In this order:

1, Be in touch with NL in particular, and secondarily FB
2, Get instant emails - and reply immediately if need be
3, BBM

I did not include calls and sms because those are too obvious and primary.
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 02, 2011
PINGING lori Nokia shocked, Joooooo Ohhhhhhhhhhh grin
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 4:44pm On Dec 02, 2011
I dont ping much but surf the net for the latest
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 02, 2011
Qs: pls, is there a nairaland app yet for bb or iPhone? Just asking?

Well,, in 9ja a great number of pple (students especially) r crazy about bb,, main reason,they see it as a classy stuff.
Nothing so wonderful abt bb,. IMHP.
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 02, 2011
My Nokia x2-01 can send and receive push emails,so I don't really think I need a blackberry phone.
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 02, 2011
Ɣøû guys have said it all. For me its browsing and downloading without fear of running out of data. Bbm has connected me to friends that are too busy to travel. Online radio and push mail tops it all.
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by humblebee: 5:20pm On Dec 02, 2011
what i can do on my bb that i can't do conveniently on my nokia phone are
viewing and editing my microsoft office documents
i can restrict access to my phone and data if stolen
i have hundreds of apps that are not available on symbian phones
bbm- not very distinct due to the presence of yahoo messenger on nokia phones but its easier to share data and also good for group things
e.t.c

im a fan of nokia but i'll also keep my bb
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by ogasir2011: 5:26pm On Dec 02, 2011
Why all this comparism. Pls buy watever suits your needs.

Over and out

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by chuksme(m): 5:29pm On Dec 02, 2011
A good Nokia Phone does all the things BB  does ok,even some Nokia phones do more than some BB.

There is what we call specification. when you are going to buy a phone, sit down and and search for full specification of that phone.

BB has its own specifications. I will guide or teach you people on how to look for specification of any phone you want to buy.

just simply go to google and write "full specification on the search box and click on search. It will give you the specification of the phone or blackberry you mentioned For example. I want to buy Nokia C3 or blackberry curve 8520.

what you will do is this. (1) Open Google  (2)Type in the search box."full specification of Nokia C3" and (3) click on Search Button .
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by Frankintop(m): 5:42pm On Dec 02, 2011
BB's good though. But d hype about pinging can be done on new nokia series like X2,E Series,N Series, C6 etc with an application called WHAT'S APP. Ur pin is ur fone number. Jst visit whatsapp.com or google it 2 download. Pinging iz free using whatsapp and u can only ping pals dat have d application on their phones even A BB with whatsapp. Its free whether u have cred or not.
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by Infoseye(m): 5:54pm On Dec 02, 2011
I collect girls pins, get connected and f**k them!
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by chuksme(m): 5:59pm On Dec 02, 2011
it is Ignorance that made some people that are crazy about  BB, especially the Nigerian ladies. The highest thing, those ignorant ladies use the BB is just for chat and browse on facebook ,send mail and receive mail.Ask them of other functions of it they don't know.

They just buy BB to show that they belong to BB class thats all.

I read where someone mentioned that he used his BB to edith  MS word,Excel and other packages. That is part of the ignorance we are talking about. He is not aware that great numbers of Nokia High grade do the job better.Because some of them don't look for specifications of phone before they buy it. Buying of phones depends on what you want to use the phone for. I will mention a small nokia phone that does that edith  MS word and other applications which that person does not know.He should look for the specification of NOKIA E5.
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by chuksme(m): 6:07pm On Dec 02, 2011
Frankintop, thank .please, assist me in educating some of them.
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by Konnektions146(m): 7:39pm On Dec 02, 2011
i so much love this topic, i always ask people that freak about this BB but none has really tripped me with so wonderful an answer. the BB hype is just tooo much. with my SAMSUNG ANDROID i can do so much»
-push e mail(both official e mail and regular e mails)
-chat
-GPS,maps and ,navigations.
-read and edit microsoft and adobe files
-and so much more,

over 80% of BB users in nigeria dont know how smart a phone black berry can be. but the same thin a BB can do any other smart nokia symbian,android or windows phones can do.

as far as i am concerned, i dont need a BB.
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by Timsilver(m): 7:52pm On Dec 02, 2011
Infoseye:

I collect girls pins, get connected and bleep them!
its being a long time bro.
I'm considering getting a b.b soon not just because of pinging but the unlimited package and just for some hype.
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by lepasharon(f): 8:04pm On Dec 02, 2011
i ping my yori yori cheesy
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by fredie107(m): 8:12pm On Dec 02, 2011
BB!!! Chai, Just for efizy. Nokia smart phones and E series phones are just it, they can do all that BB can do, After all, hw many of ur friends use BB that u can ping? Mcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 02, 2011
Can you skype on your BB? I guess not, but nokia can do that. I hate BB, so limited in usage.
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by Ninilowo(m): 8:58pm On Dec 02, 2011
Blackberry ko, strawberry ni. Abeg allthis pingpong and co are conveniently done on Nokia 3310 too. grin
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by kevoh(m): 9:06pm On Dec 02, 2011
That unlimited download noise people make about BB is bullshit. I once went on a series download spree on GLO network only to receive a message from 777 that I have 154 mb left. I had not even downloaded up to 8 episodes each about 80mb before getting dat message. Might be different for others though.

Meanwhile I get to browse,chat with BB pals thru whatsapp and download free on my E71 nokia phone No cheats, No subscription. Now that's what I call UNLIMITED.
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by Mafia4life(m): 9:21pm On Dec 02, 2011
It is pretty hard for blackberry and Nokia Symbian on market share these days. RIM now consider leaving the device and then hand over BIS to iOS and Android.
Though BB is good but can't beat Nokia Symbian in terms of functions,
Pinging is equal to chatting,
Nothing like Torrenting on BB.
Nothing like video chat on BB.
Nothing like 3D game on the BB is used ( Curve 3 )
Nothing like multiscanner,
My E72 was able to scan a complete project work and then converted it to .txt, I did few editing then pushed it to my PC for printing,
Nothing like remote control via infrared.
BB users complainned to Nimbuzz officials for not supporting Voice chat on Nimbuzz for BB. Their reply to the complaint is that BB cannot be supported due to device technical spec.
What made BB popular in usa is its secured email of which government of USA made a policy for companies to use BB mail as their default means of mailing, Too bad google ( aka killer of symbian and BB ) came with their Gmail and pull BB down,
It is only in Naija BB is overhyped. Have u heard of Nokia N9? Price tag of N149000
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by Mafia4life(m): 9:34pm On Dec 02, 2011
Kay-Dee:

Pinging (chatting), i can communicate with friends back in naija, europe or anywhere in the world @ d touch of a button, without having to call them on phone or wait endlessly for them to come online (Y! msngr).

E-mailing, which is the primary reason i got one, i often receive emails that require urgent replies and the bb comes in handy for that. I have a nokia smart phone too but its can't do more than one e-mail account and i have to refresh all the time to see if i have a pending mail (i probably didnt set it properly for alerts).

Kay-Dee:

You must have used an S60v2 phone eg N70, 7610 or so, Please do urself favour by reading this www.honglong1976./2011/02/13/email-push-test-blackberry-versus-android-versus-symbian/

Also, Whose BB has ever called someone on PC via Yahoo messenger, Hotmail or Gtalk?
Whose BB has ever made webcam chat to someone on Gtalk on PC? I wanted to get BB for download purpose but MTN and other ISP removed the privillage of downloading unlimitedly. I now use airtel night plan to download my albums ( Symtorrent )
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by godman01(m): 9:45pm On Dec 02, 2011
BB is just overrated, i don't think i will ever use it unless it given to me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Transfer Megabytes From Mtn-mtn, Glo-Glo, Airtel- Airtel And Etisalat- Et / Download Wechat For Nokia, Blackberry, HTC, PC / Malata Mobile Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.