Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,259 members, 7,829,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

What Do You Do With Ur Bb? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Do You Do With Ur Bb? (7999 Views)

HOT: Browse With Ur GOTV Or STARTIMES Decoder Free!!!!! / Do You Still Subscribe Ur BB, Android , Iphone And PC Every Months With Money? / Blackberry Pins-share Ur BB Pins Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by benabbey(m): 9:50pm On Dec 02, 2011
MTN N3K is still unlimited it is N1500 that is N200
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by KayDee4: 3:09am On Dec 03, 2011
Mafia4life:

You must have used an S60v2 phone eg N70, 7610 or so, Please do urself favour by reading this www.honglong1976./2011/02/13/email-push-test-blackberry-versus-android-versus-symbian/

Also, Whose BB has ever called someone on PC via Yahoo messenger, Hotmail or Gtalk?
Whose BB has ever made webcam chat to someone on Gtalk on PC? I wanted to get BB for download purpose but MTN and other ISP removed the privillage of downloading unlimitedly. I now use airtel night plan to download my albums ( Symtorrent )

Yeah, its an S60 Nokia, E75 to be specific and I still have and use it until now, but my inbox hasnt reconciled since Nov 2010. I didnt get it for emailing but then the need for immediate emailing came so i had to cop a bb.

About the Whats APP, lol, I cant imaigne trying to get people all over to download and install the application for it. Someone invited me since last year and for some strange reason, i havent had time to download it.

I still use my nokia because i find it a lot more convenient than the bb for a lot of things; editing and creating documents, gaming when im inflight or on the move, etc, but when it comes to emailing and IM , omo na bb o. I do all my downloads straight to my laptop FOC.
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by OmichaelO: 8:04am On Dec 03, 2011
Mafia4life:

It is pretty hard for blackberry and Nokia Symbian on market share these days. RIM now consider leaving the device and then hand over BIS to iOS and Android.
Though BB is good but can't beat Nokia Symbian in terms of functions,
Pinging is equal to chatting,
Nothing like Torrenting on BB.
Nothing like video chat on BB.
Nothing like 3D game on the BB is used ( Curve 3 )
Nothing like multiscanner,
My E72 was able to scan a complete project work and then converted it to .txt, I did few editing then pushed it to my PC for printing,
Nothing like remote control via infrared.
BB users complainned to Nimbuzz officials for not supporting Voice chat on Nimbuzz for BB. Their reply to the complaint is that BB cannot be supported due to device technical spec.
What made BB popular in usa is its secured email of which government of USA made a policy for companies to use BB mail as their default means of mailing, Too bad google ( aka killer of symbian and BB ) came with their Gmail and pull BB down,
It is only in Naija BB is overhyped. Have u heard of Nokia N9? Price tag of N149000
YOU JUST SAID IT ALL, BB USERS SHOULD BEAT THAT :p, I USE A SYMBIAN PHONE AND IDEVICE,
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by Mafia4life(m): 10:33am On Dec 03, 2011
benabbey:

MTN N3K is still unlimited it is N1500 that is N200
Really? Wow, I must confirm sha, I planned paying $10 to torrific.com to web-torrent. If really the 3K is unlimited, I might get a BB for downloads only,
@Key-Dee, Even the E75 does the email push very well, I hope u read the comparism between Symbian, BB and Android when it comes to emailing, You can also add up to 10 email account, I hav'nt really IM on BB, But with Nimbuzz alone, Everything is fast and covered. OctroTalk 2.0 with Video Calling.sisx is nice for webcam chat with someone using Laptop on Gtalk,
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by baslone: 12:26pm On Dec 03, 2011
BB is just a devise made to hasten the rate at which girls will keep taxing you.

The only reason I still keep my curve2 is because of a bbm group consisting of my secondary
school friends(pilots, politicians, full time house-wives, hustlers, pastors, etc).

It's fun in there and can't afford to miss that right now.

Though I still haven't utilized 80percent of it's functionality, my i-phone does any other thing.
Really for me, Nokia is now in my past no matter the new tech.
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by 4peace(m): 1:10pm On Dec 03, 2011
Typical nigeria customer that do not read terms & conditions

last time I check
unlimited data was based on fairly usage.
with 3k after 1gb data usage can be cut at any time.
You may be lucky getting more than 3gb or more but its limited not unlimited.
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by oayombo: 2:02pm On Dec 03, 2011
I took my time to read all the comments & most people are screening unlimited download. Truth is, no network in naija gives u that, there is always a data cap but u wouldn't know cuz u can't possibly make use of 60% of it except you download large files in gigs.
About Push emails, those saying they can connect up to 10 mailboxes, how many mailboxes do they have? Its a crazy person that will keep 10 personal accounts. Nokia messaging does all that too, real time notification too. Its even classier.
Editing doc & pdf, I have an office suite on my nokia that does all that.
There are 2 features my nokia has that even the next generation of blackberry devices will never have, a secondary camera for video calls & a simple FM radio, not to talk of an FM transmitter.
Without a BIS, a berry compares to a low end camera phone, just call, sms & snap pictures.
I'm considering getting a bb for my glo all cuz of the 3.5G data cap @ #1500, that is very cheap.
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by kkkossy(m): 2:54pm On Dec 03, 2011
@ all please how do I use internet radio on my blackberry? Do I need 2 download an application?
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by benabbey(m): 3:06pm On Dec 03, 2011
@kkk go to www.sky.fm and download their application
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by cynthiafred67(f): 1:11am On Dec 04, 2011
mmmm what do i do wit my BB? *thinking*ok i ping and i am always connected to Nl and Fb
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by Brisingr(m): 4:08am On Dec 04, 2011
different strokes for different folks
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by alorauzoms(m): 9:21am On Dec 05, 2011
@ cynthiafred67, MIND IF WE CONNET
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by charlsecy4(m): 9:33pm On Dec 05, 2011
Some misinformed entities have placed an undue emphasis on BlackBerry. If people were better informed like me when it comes to mobile technology, then there wouldn't be much talk about BlackBerry. I declare, the craze about BlackBerry is ignorance-driven as some people are not aware that there exist superior alternatives to what BlackBerry stands for!
Check, for example, an application like Whatsapp which pings across platform; Symbian, Android, iPhone and BlackBerry. While BBM pings only within BlackBerry. I keep wondering what a BlackBerry device does that a Symbian, Android cannot do.
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by benabbey(m): 9:45pm On Dec 05, 2011
Some people just have natural prejudice against Blackberry phones and ready to demean it function with gutterial language BB you still reign with 70million user worldwide they cannot all be wrong
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by omoboy08(m): 7:43pm On Dec 07, 2011
charlsecy4:

Some misinformed entities have placed an undue emphasis on BlackBerry. If people were better informed like me when it comes to mobile technology, then there wouldn't be much talk about BlackBerry. I declare, the craze about BlackBerry is ignorance-driven as some people are not aware that there exist superior alternatives to what BlackBerry stands for!
Check, for example, an application like Whatsapp which pings across platform; Symbian, Android, iPhone and BlackBerry. While BBM pings only within BlackBerry. I keep wondering what a BlackBerry device does that a Symbian, Android cannot do.

even some java nokia fones do whatsapp. No be just to chat. Abegiiiiiiiii
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by okgerald(m): 9:14am On Dec 08, 2011
you pay 1,500 naira for bb complete and get 3gigabytes for unlimited downloads! but the same 1,500 naira on a a symbian or androis would get you at most 250 mega bytes. thats crap and its cheating. tongue

i love bb cos of the bb mesenger and data cap that comes with less cash but you cant compare my ginger bread android galaxy to bb. the android is way better . is it browsing, speed, gaming, etc, just name it, its far better.
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by charlsecy4(m): 12:35pm On Dec 08, 2011
ok.gerald:

you pay 1,500 naira for bb complete and get 3gigabytes for unlimited downloads! but the same 1,500 naira on a a symbian or androis would get you at most 250 mega bytes. thats crap and its cheating. tongue

i love bb cos of the bb mesenger and data cap that comes with less cash but you cant compare my ginger bread android galaxy to bb. the android is way better . is it browsing, speed, gaming, etc, just name it, its far better.

First, I want to correct an inherent contradiction in your sentence, ", an get 3GB for unlimited downloads, "
The Complete plan may have a data cap of 3GB, but the download is not 'unlimited'". Internet browsing, Instant Messaging, email, downloads are limited to 3GB. Whenever the provider says, "Unlimited", it's usually a marketing hype!

Before you say that a Complete BB Plan costs N1,500 for 3GB data, while a regular Internet subscription of similar price could fetch you about 250MB, you must know there is a difference between BlackBerry Internet Service and the regular Internet Service. It is good you consider that a Blackberry subscription can only work on BlackBerry devices, and cannot be used to establish Internet connection on a PC or non-BB devices. But with a regular Internet service, you can effect a normal Internet connection on a PC, phone (BB or not), and/or other mobile devices. BB SUBSCRIPTION IS NOT TRANSFERABLE!

Another thing to consider is this question: How many BB users exhaust their data allowance?
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by benabbey(m): 2:15pm On Dec 08, 2011
Android and other phone drink Data like water. Whereas BB is one month off. My Nokia 900 do consume 1500MB in three days. BB is one month use download anything I average 8Gig in a month if I have to pay for that compare it. Other phones are for the big boys who have more cash to waste or who don't know better. But BB compress Data and save your money. Think a word is enough for the wise
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by Acelifted: 12:05pm On Dec 09, 2011
I think BB is still over-rated, just like Toyota cars. Nigerians are so easily deceived by silly things. A good Nokia phone will satisfy your need, just like a good Honda or Nissan or even Hyundai will do the magic any Toyota car will do. why put yourself in harms-way (exposed to armed robbery)?
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by benabbey(m): 2:55pm On Dec 09, 2011
How much Data does your Android Phone and Nokia consume in a month?
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by Mustay(m): 7:46pm On Dec 09, 2011
I ain't no BB freak and share some sensible comments seen here too. The limitation we have here is INTERNET DATA by the network providers shikena. There are so many other things a Nokia would do better than it - it's just that as a business, nokia is not a kinda 'focus' or 'niche' company.

And seriously, the Nokia 3310 pings via IM cool
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by Mustay(m): 7:51pm On Dec 09, 2011
@benabbey

You can search for ''jandus'' on google for the radio thingy on your BB.
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by benabbey(m): 8:02pm On Dec 09, 2011
I am not against Nokia user but credit should be giving where necessary. I have Nokia N900 on Maemo platform it can do everything it has 36Gig hard drive but it suck data like leviathan who drink out the sea. BB data compression ability is a plus
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by deeboy4real(m): 12:58pm On Nov 28, 2012
i dont no y peep luv BB so mush couse i use it & i also use other phones but de only different in dem is de bbm stuff apart 4m dat BB is like any other phone on like my nakia n71 dat my office couse anythings i can do on it i can do on my laptop....![/color][color=#000099]
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by deeboy4real(m): 1:30pm On Nov 28, 2012
i dont no y peep luv BB so mush couse i use it & i also use other phones but de only different in dem is de bbm stuff apart 4m dat BB is like any other phone on like my nakia n71 dat my office couse anythings i can do on it i can do on my laptop....![/color][color=#000099] wink
Re: What Do You Do With Ur Bb? by raphealolami(m): 1:41pm On Nov 29, 2012
This is a wonderful topic. I had to think for a week b4 finally going for bb. I was using nokia n72 bt I needed to change it cos d ram is too small and of course its out dated and out used. I planned getting a Nokia e6 bt for just 3 major reasons I had to go 4 bb.
1) Most of my frieends don't pick calls anymore tto communicate with them u hv to chat with them. Possibly because they arrre in a confrence orr watever. So I had to buy cos of d pingging tthings.
2) Downloading has been made easier with d bis. The amount u will spend on nokia will be times 4 of that of bb
3) I can also use d bb bis as modem for my system.
But in conclusion nothing stops one from having a reasonable nokia phone to assist a blackberry. Dts ma own point o. If not I hate bb bt what can a man do.
Scale of prefrence on point.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The Girl That Swallowed Her Phone(shocking Photos) Reason Will Shock You / How Long Does It Take For An NIN To Get Validated. / Camon CM Storage Issues... Pls Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.