Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,022 members, 7,828,597 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Would You Marry A Man Who Has Ever Beaten A Woman,even Just Once? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry A Man Who Has Ever Beaten A Woman,even Just Once? (2043 Views)

Man Beaten For Peeping At Couple In Bed / 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. / Were U Ever Beaten By Your Mother?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Marry A Man Who Has Ever Beaten A Woman,even Just Once? by sookoo: 5:54pm On Dec 01, 2011
Hi all!Would you marry a man who has ever beaten a woman,even just once?My colleague's boyfriend told her that he once beat his former girlfriend,though,according to him,she slapped him first.My stance is this,once a woman beater,always a woman beater.They never change.What do you think?
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Has Ever Beaten A Woman,even Just Once? by ronkebp(f): 7:28pm On Dec 01, 2011
Well!!!!!! since he did it the first time and got away with it, he can do it again and nothing will happen.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Has Ever Beaten A Woman,even Just Once? by ndahbros1: 10:38pm On Dec 01, 2011
Its easy for u guys to sit n condemn a 'woman-beater'.some women can be so annoying,n will frustrate d oil out of ur life just cos they knw u can't do anytin abt it.though I don't support d practice,yet it is easy to fall into d temptation of releasing a medium-sized slap just to silence a woman who has been nagging u for d past 3hrs up to ur highest point of provocation or restraint.does dat slap make u a devil or does it mean u don't love her?no.infact some women even like it like dat so dat u make up in bed after she must hv finished crying.it just happens.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Has Ever Beaten A Woman,even Just Once? by ronkebp(f): 4:45pm On Dec 02, 2011
^^^^^instead of letting that hand fall on her cheeks, why don't you slap the wall or punch the wall, she would obviously get the message.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Has Ever Beaten A Woman,even Just Once? by kokoye(m): 6:01pm On Dec 02, 2011
^^^

Some dont.

Some will not stop until you beat them.

I will not beat a man, talk less of a woman. . . .but I'm old enough to know that some women are devils.

If you refuse to beat them, they call you a punk or bitch.

When you eventually beat them, they call the cops.

You want men to control themselves but you are not willing to do the same.

just saying.

4 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Has Ever Beaten A Woman,even Just Once? by Nobody: 12:29am On Dec 03, 2011
Nothing justifies laying your hands on another. I wouldn't want to put myself in a situation like that, so likely not.
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Has Ever Beaten A Woman,even Just Once? by kelz88(f): 12:33am On Dec 03, 2011
My bf slapped his ex once, years ago. cry

It's not enough for me to break-up with him but if he ever hits me he will have to go for counselling, or I'm out.
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Has Ever Beaten A Woman,even Just Once? by iice(f): 6:24pm On Dec 03, 2011
True form, never changes no matter the 'outer trappings'.
No i cannot.
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Has Ever Beaten A Woman,even Just Once? by emofine(f): 8:31pm On Dec 03, 2011
If I ever made him angry I will forever fear the retribution I may pay . . .  undecided

I understand people can indeed change however I believe there is still something that can trigger that particular mood/reaction in them despite transformation.

Despite any apparent "change" I will find it very very difficult to respect such a man and I would even feel guilty for being with one because already a lady (in which I share certain characteristics with) had suffered - I have no idea why but I would feel as if I'm disrespecting the victims if I was to enter such a relationship with a former abuser but I'd hate to forever hold a past err against another imperfect human being.

Of course I cannot predict the future but as of now with my current frame of mind I would be too cautious and nervous to introduce such scenario in my life.
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Has Ever Beaten A Woman,even Just Once? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 05, 2011
First of all if a dude hit his girl due to incorrigible provocation then it should make sense to avoid such ladies in the future. If you don't want to get slapped watch your tongue, language and speak like a lady not someone who thinks she can say anything because she has a gentleman boyfriend.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Has Ever Beaten A Woman,even Just Once? by bukatyne(f): 9:19am On Jun 11, 2015
sookoo:
Hi all! Would you marry a man who has ever beaten a woman, even just once? My colleague's boyfriend told her that he once beat his former girlfriend, though, according to him, she slapped him first. My stance is this, once a woman beater, always a woman beater. They never change. What do you think?

I know I am late to the party grin

@OP: If a man slaps back a woman who slapped him first, I would not blame him.

However, she needs to verify the true story.

Also it depends on how he said it; if it was out of remorse or a warning to the current girlfriend.
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Has Ever Beaten A Woman,even Just Once? by mrwonlasewonie: 12:41pm On Jun 11, 2015
God gave us a brain so that we will know that for every action there's always consequences. That's why he gave us the power of self control
kokoye:
^^^

Some dont.

Some will not stop until you beat them.

I will not beat a man, talk less of a woman. . . .but I'm old enough to know that some women are devils.

If you refuse to beat them, they call you a punk or bitch.

When you eventually beat them, they call the cops.

You want men to control themselves but you are not willing to do the same.

just saying.
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Has Ever Beaten A Woman,even Just Once? by mrwonlasewonie: 12:42pm On Jun 11, 2015
First of all if a dude hit his girl due to incorrigible provocation then it should make sense to avoid such ladies in the future. If you don't want to get slapped watch your tongue, language and speak like a lady not someone who thinks she can say anything because she has a gentleman boyfriend.
another wife beater grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Has Ever Beaten A Woman,even Just Once? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
No
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Has Ever Beaten A Woman,even Just Once? by grad2012(f): 10:11pm On Jun 11, 2015
No way cos if he did it once he will definitely do it again and i most say i dislike men that hit women they are nothing but losers and they need serious help .
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Has Ever Beaten A Woman,even Just Once? by juman(m): 1:18pm On Jun 12, 2015
Re: Would You Marry A Man Who Has Ever Beaten A Woman,even Just Once? by tpiadotcom: 3:34pm On Jun 13, 2015
mrwonlasewonie:
God gave us a brain so that we will know that for every action there's always consequences. That's why he gave us the power of self control

(1) (Reply)

Stranded Groom To Be / I Am Really Praying For My Siblings And I To Do Well! / Do All Men Change In Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.