Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Uk Settlement Visa Info - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Settlement Visa Info (12608 Views)

Your Application Has Been Forwarded To British High Commission. / It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. / 3 Months And 1 Week Waiting For Uk Settlement Visa - Settlement Visa Posts Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Settlement Visa Info by chairmano: 7:42pm On Dec 01, 2011
Hello Nairalanders:

I want to apply for my UK settlement visa to enable me join my wife.
I live and work in Nigeria. what documents do I need to submit with my application and what docs do i need from my wife?

Thanks

Cheers
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by 2shuz: 7:52pm On Dec 01, 2011
She is not working!!! So if you go there what will the two of you be doing there embarassed undecided

You want to leave your job in Nigeria? ok nah,. Cant help with the i nfo you need though smiley think well o
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by collinsefe: 7:54pm On Dec 01, 2011
Husbands, Wives and Partners:
You should include all the documents you can to show that you qualify for entry as a husband, wife, civil partner, fiancé, fiancée, proposed civil partner, or unmarried or same-sex partner. If you do not, the UK Consulate may refuse the application.
As a guide, you should include the following:

Letter of support from the spouse in UK, stating support of the application and intention to live together.

Your original birth certificate.

Your original marriage certificate (if you are married) or your original civil partnership certificate (if you have registered a civil partnership).

Recent bank statements or savings books for your sponsor and evidence of your sponsor's employment in the UK, which could include pay stubs to show what financial support you have.

Evidence of your accommodation, such as a mortgage agreement or rental agreement, and evidence that you and your dependants can stay in this accommodation if it is rented or provided by your local authority.

Letters from you and your sponsor that are relevant to your application.

If you have been married or in a civil partnership before, one of the following original documents:

A divorce certificate

A final dissolution order, or

Your or your sponsor's previous husband's, wife's or civil partner's death certificate

Evidence that your sponsor is settled in the UK. (This can be a copy of their passport or registration certificate that has been confirmed as a true copy, in other words 'certified').
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by chairmano: 7:58pm On Dec 01, 2011
Of course I will work when I get there.
And thanks I don think am well well.
My family is uppermost in ma mind right now.

Thanks
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by collinsefe: 8:05pm On Dec 01, 2011
YWC

See this thread too. might be helpful:

***Re: Got Settlement Visa In 8-days!
« #6 on: November 07, 2011, 03:47 PM »

@Justwise
Thank you very much for your wishes.

@Joe02
I am female o, lol
I wasn't called for any interview o. The docs we submitted are:
1.Completed application form
2.Letter supporting the application detailing our relationship,how we keep in touch,why we opted to settle in the uk,my career intention etc. As much as u can introduce your relationship,its genuineness and your future plan,etc.
4. Our birth certificates.
5. Loads of Pictures at diff stages of our relationship and wedding pictures.
6. Marriage certificate.
7. Spouse's P60
8. Spouse's 6months payslip
9. Spouse's 6months bank statement
10. Tenancy agreement and letter from landlord.
11. Utility bills
12. Letter from spouse's employer
13.Phone call record between aug2010-aug2011 (from lebara)
14. Emails and chat records
15.Spouse's shares record
16. Correspondence with an employment agency I registered with (REED)
17. My degree and professional certificates. and transcript.
18. My employment letters (in naija)
19. My 3months payslip
20. My pension statement (stanbic IBTC)
21. Cooperative contribution statement from office.
22. Copy of work ID card
23. Copy of Spouse's work ID card and drivers licence
24. Copies of spouse's passport showing entries and departures from naija and bio data page.
25. Boarding passes and travelling documents.
26.Copies of my passport pages showing visas and entries and departures from the UK.

N.B: I didn't even include my acct statement cos it had ziilch balance and spouse's account balance was less than £1k as he's spent heavily on wedding.
*all documents were original save for spouse's passport and ID cards.

Don't hesitate to contact me if u have further questions
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by 2shuz: 8:30pm On Dec 01, 2011
chairmano:

@2chuz - I said she is not working now as a result of the new baby.
She will start working once the baby is old enough.
And of course I will work when I get there.
And thanks I don think am well well.
My family is uppermost in ma mind right now.

@collinsefe - Thanks

Ok. dont mind me jare, really feel uncomfortable when people just leave their jobs and move abroad  cry cry i have famly friends who did it and mehnnnnn, e no easy for them o!

the last 2 posts look well detailed. why not google it. wish you well.  wink grin
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by chairmano: 8:41pm On Dec 01, 2011
@2Chuz - Thanks  grin
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by muskham(f): 1:46am On Dec 14, 2011
@ collinsefe, can u pls give ur mail address for me to ask u some questions regarding the letter u sent it with ur spouse application. thanks.
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by WaveofG: 5:48am On Dec 14, 2011
Message for Chairmano,

What are the benefits that your wife is receiving?.
Please note if she is your Sponsor, the immigration law to fulfill states that you must show evidence that you can both maintain yourselves adequately without recourse to public funds.
If you do not mind me asking, are you working presently, have substantial savings etc.
It is not your children applying, the case right here is about you and how you fulfill the requirements set out in the rules.
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by collinsefe: 9:59am On Dec 14, 2011
@Muskham. Please see the thread was sent by @Joel. I just forwarded his comments.
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by chairmano: 10:04am On Dec 14, 2011
@muskham

Yes I am working here in Naija and have savings.
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by WaveofG: 1:00pm On Dec 14, 2011
Thanks for the update Chairmano.

On the Maintainance Clause, ; "Able to maintain adequately".

On the Accommodation bit, ; "There will be adequate accommodation without recourse to public funds in such lodging which you occupy exclusively".

Since you are working and I appreciate where you are coming from with regards to your wife and the kids; do you send her upkeep?.

The benefits could be an issue, so sorry.

Other things that could be considered is the unemployment situation.

Do your CV up and start to apply for job offers, basically register with UK jobsites and look for such ones that are genuine which is likely to last for the future.

Is there any support from a third party?.
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by jude33084(m): 5:03pm On Dec 14, 2011
Man u r lucky! enjoy her abscence while it last jare
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by chairmano: 6:12pm On Dec 14, 2011
@jude33084

lol
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by justwise(m): 6:16pm On Dec 14, 2011
chairmano:

@WaveofG

On the maintenance clause - I have 12,000 pds saved
On Accommodation - She lives in a 2 bedroom apartment
I have already registered with Reed and Monster jobs
On third party- We could get a 3rd party to vet our application.

@jude33084

lol

Go ahead and make your application, financially you are ok, you stand a good chance of getting a visa.
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by chairmano: 6:57pm On Dec 14, 2011
@justwise

Thanks Justwise
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by WaveofG: 7:03pm On Dec 14, 2011
@ Chairmano.

Thanks again for the update.
Since you have that kind of saving, I will suggest that you discuss with your wife and really she should get off housing benefit and you start paying for it.
Recourse to public funds is a NO,NO If she is your Sponsor to the UK and she will be as your Spouse.
The main issue is Maintainance and ofcourse Accomodation.

I submitted my application just the other week and went to collect my stuff back today with my Visa issued and I am just so grateful and It took only two days to process.

You want to ensure that you tick all the boxes and GOD helping you to get it alright the first time and continue your life with your loved ones.

It is good that you have registered, start applying and see what kind of responses that you get, you might even be offered a job and that is an added bonus.

Feel free to ak me any bugging questions as my prayer is to share all that I did and Nairaland folks can laugh forever.
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by justwise(m): 7:12pm On Dec 14, 2011
chairmano:

@justwise

Thanks Justwise.

Her 6 months statement will show my monthly remittance of 1,000 pounds to her account.
Her Visa card account will also show my remittance of about 500pounds every month.
This is all good right?

And hope this will show that I am willing and able to support my family.
Expectedly once I get there, they will stop paying her housing benefit and I will take over.
That's the only issue I have anyway - the housing benefit stuff.

You are doing the right thing, it makes your case alot straight forward.

She will not get out of housing benefit until you get a job and move to rented accommodation.
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by WaveofG: 7:39pm On Dec 14, 2011
@ Chairmano.

The basic steps summarised and since we are on the Maintainance Clause.

Please note you will need to show that you are legally allowed to stay in the accommodation and that is not going to happen if the Council is paying as this is from public funds.

If you want to continue to stay at this property, after discussing fully with your wife. Let her find out from the authority if she intends to start paying her rent would she still be housed at the residence.

To be fair, she cannot be rendered homeless.

YOU need an accommodation either by a tenancy agreement or letter o authority prior to travelling and better still prior to submitting your application.

It is just like someone going to holidays showing off cash funds with no hotel reservation, It all adds up.

Please I want you to get it right the first time.
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by Vicjustice: 7:52pm On Dec 14, 2011
chairmano:

@WaveofG

On the maintenance clause - I have 12,000 pds saved
On Accommodation - She lives in a 2 bedroom apartment
I have already registered with Reed and Monster jobs
On third party- We could get a 3rd party to vet our application.

@jude33084

lol
chairmano:

@justwise

Thanks Justwise.

Her 6 months statement will show my monthly remittance of 1,000 pounds to her account.
Her Visa card account will also show my remittance of about 500pounds every month.
This is all good right?
And hope this will show that I am willing and able to support my family.
Expectedly once I get there, they will stop paying her housing benefit and I will take over.
That's the only issue I have anyway - the housing benefit stuff.
   I was about to say that she is not eligible to invite you due to her unemployment situation, but having read these above posts, i think you're good to go.
   Please, avoid using any forged or fake document, and do not give any misleading information or you may have to forget about the UK for life
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by dalebutt1: 10:12pm On Dec 14, 2011
@jw what happened to my comment, any explanation why that comment was deemed offensive i'dlike to know
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by justwise(m): 11:09pm On Dec 14, 2011
dalebutt1:

@jw what happened to my comment, any explanation why that comment was deemed offensive i'dlike to know

Please don't use this thread to settle whatever scores you have with Vicjustice. I don't want this thread to be derailed.

1 Like

Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by dalebutt1: 11:34pm On Dec 14, 2011
Dude are you sure you are sane? you dont want this thread to be derailed, did you start the thread? and because you are a mod you can choose to decide you do not want a personal thread to be derailed, and whats derailing about my comment? I see why this section of the forum has few people commenting on it since you took over, you post for best posters it has only attracted around 26 votes other sections has gone upto 10 pages your section is struggling getting votes because you lack manners and interaction with people in general.

You lack forsight and it doesnt concern you the number of posters the section attracts daily, about just around 18 comments yesterday on this section that you are a moderator and it doesnt give you concerns and yet you further choose to clique yourself and dislike people that have a different view from yours. Good

I will make a formal complaint to seun and put all my points towards him, and whatever he says I will make my decision on future visits

1 Like

Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by Busybody2(f): 11:40pm On Dec 14, 2011
justwise:

Go ahead and make your application, financially you are ok, you stand a good chance of getting a visa.

justwise:

You are doing the right thing, it makes your case alot straight forward.

She will not get out of housing benefit until you get a job and move to rented accommodation.

Here he goes again, Mr Foot-in-mouth undecided

@ Chairmano

Listen to the above message at your own peril cool

The fact is that unless your wife is renting in Mayfair or Chelsea, if you can remit 1,500pounds a month to her from Nigeria, YOU MR CHAIRMANO and not the Housing Benefit department, ARE EXPECTED TO PAY A SUBSTANTIAL CHUNK OF HER HOUSE RENT. If you have been her Husband since inception, she should have been including your income in all her benefits claim.

There is nothing that says because she is on benefits, she can not invite you over, in this instance you will state that she is your "sponsor" only in terms of accommodation, whilst you are the "sponsor" of your own financial whaccumacallit but the situation changes the moment you start remitting funds to her, SHE NEEDS TO DECLARE A "CHANGE OF CIRCUMSTANCES" to the HOUSNG BENEFIT DEPARTMENT and will need to submit proofs of her "income" from you, which will reduce the amount of Housing Benefit she currently receives, otherwise this is where you need to weigh the option of dabbling into the murky waters of Government Fraud smiley

1 Like

Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by justwise(m): 11:54pm On Dec 14, 2011
dalebutt1:

Dude are you sure you are sane? you dont want this thread to be derailed, did you start the thread? and because you are a mod you can choose to decide you do not want a personal thread to be derailed, and whats derailing about my comment? I see why this section of the forum has few people commenting on it since you took over, you post for best posters it has only attracted around 26 votes other sections has gone upto 10 pages your section is struggling getting votes because you lack manners and interaction with people in general.

You lack forsight and it doesnt concern you the number of posters the section attracts daily, about just around 18 comments yesterday on this section that you are a moderator and it doesnt give you concerns and yet you further choose to clique yourself and dislike people that have a different view from yours. Good

I will make a formal complaint to seun and put all my points towards him, and whatever he says I will make my decision on future visits

That is the right thing to do, go ahead.
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by Vicjustice: 2:01am On Dec 15, 2011
Busy_body is absolutely right
Mr Chairmano, little did i realise that you said your wife is under Social Housing or Rent Supplement, if immigration and visa rules are implemented correctly, you will not be granted the visa on the bases that your income and financial stance exceed the limit for eligibility
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by chairmano: 10:44am On Dec 15, 2011
@vicjustice
Thanks guys

Busy Body. Please advise.
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by WaveofG: 1:03pm On Dec 15, 2011
@ Chairmano.

I am not so sure that you read my previous message to you.
Anyway, my prayer is that you succeed and be united with your family.
Hence, one of the reasons I made the decision to come on this medium as there are way too much misleading guidance & tell you what 'Ignorance can never be an excuse'.
Also I have learnt that this is YOUR APPLICATION and your race and you want to finish well and certainly you will as there is safety in a multitude of counsel, however be careful who you listen to,
If I could show you my study, ha,ha,ha.
This pursuit was like going back to school for my thesis.
All the GLORY to GOD, however GOD will work with what is in your hands.
Enough said,

Q: Have you been living with your wife outside the UK for over 4 years?.

Since we are still on the housing and maintainance.
Please note from the Immigration Rules;

("There will be adequate accommodation for the parties and any dependants without recourse to public funds in accommodation which they own or occupy exclusively; and

The parties will be able to maintain themselves and any dependants adequately without recourse to public funds";
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by chairmano: 1:27pm On Dec 15, 2011
@waveofG
Thanks my broda. I sure need all d advise and counsel.

I will inbox you for a one on one.
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by WaveofG: 9:01pm On Dec 15, 2011
@ Chairmano.

You are welcome.

Since you have both lived together for the whole 5 years, you are well good to go.

Before I forget, "It is Sister o" (lol).

Anyway, I typed a whole page for you and the link got lost. angry

I will suggest that you & your wife find an affordable place that will not mess up your budget i.e. if the Local Authority does not allow you to continue tenancy, however let your wife discuss with them, mmmh a lot of unnecessary digging I am been told.

Please get off their benefits! and let them not find an excuse before you submit.

You are capable and financially sufficient, so do the right thing.
You can and GOD will see you through ok.

I made it a clear mission to read and digest all the immigration rules & law and checked it each day for any changes prior to submission.

The plan is for you to get it right the first time and join your family, Christmas is here o.

All the best.

See you around.
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by chairmano: 9:16pm On Dec 15, 2011
Thanks so much my sister. How i wish you can reach me direct via chairmano@yahoo.com

Will keep the house posted.
Re: Uk Settlement Visa Info by WaveofG: 9:32pm On Dec 15, 2011
@ Chairmano.

Please feel free to ask me.

By the grace of GOD, my mission is to share all that HE helped me to do in putting this over.

If you want me to e-mail you, there is no issue to that.

It is all about HIM and the things that HE alone allows in our lives.

Not to worry, it will soon be over and you will be laughing as I have been & dancing too, ha ha ha.

Chimle.
Jehovah Chi M Imela.
Ebe Igoziri Ezi Na Ulo Mo.
Agam Aturu Gin Ma Nwa.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dubai...the Best City For A Nigerian To Live And Work. The Pros And Cons / Third Batch: Another 180 Nigerians Return From Libya On Tuesday / Going To Ibadan For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.