Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,791 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan (15530 Views)

Photos Of Patience Jonathan Billion Naira Hotel In Yenegoa / Patience Jonathan Yet To Stabilise - Hospital / Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by TenKobo1: 11:03am On Dec 02, 2011
Yes she is right, all Nigerian politicians have Acquired Immoral Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS). For once Dame Retaldo is spot-on.
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by sugardaddy1(m): 11:04am On Dec 02, 2011
lovejo:

A woman you married and get successful, please always stick with her no matter her weakness.

Very well noted. Thanks
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 11:05am On Dec 02, 2011
Ten Kobo:

Yes she is right, all Nigerian politicians have Acquired Immoral Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS). For once Dame Retaldo is spot-on.
interesting
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by DAY12(m): 11:07am On Dec 02, 2011
rilla64:

The issue here is not whether English is our first language or not, it's about Coherence. For your information English is our national language a common denomintor through which Hausa, Yoruba and Ibo communicate outside the confines of tribal languages. The very essence of our being one Nigeria is the English language.

For someone holding the exhalted office of the First Lady of Nigeria it is expected that such a person should be able to communicate clearly and intelligently, which has not been the case with Mrs Jonathan.

What stops her from communicating through an interpreter if English is not a priority to her. As bad as the education system is in Nigeria i'm sure even you will be dissapointed in a graduate who cannot express him or herself coherently, much less the First Lady of the federation.

Go and check out the first ladies of Ghana and other African countries, English is also not their first language. Some do not possess a doctorate Like Mrs Jonathan but the understand the importance of proper communication as a national leader. This is totally unacceptable and a ridicule to our nation in the eyes of the world.

We need to stop making excuses for everything in Nigeria.

Good point.
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by DAY12(m): 11:09am On Dec 02, 2011
$ugardaddy:

[size=14pt]Sincerely, I think she sounds philosophically correct. Now, let's analyze the statement[/size]

[size=14pt]Some are HIV +Ve, true
Some are HIV -Ve, true
Do we all have HIV? Yes! While some are +Ve, others are -Ve
[/size]

[size=14pt]So, what's the problem?[/size]

You wrong!
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by yomz1e(m): 11:09am On Dec 02, 2011
@Rill64 so what do you suggest we do? shoot her ? or sow her mouth up? or GEJ should banish her from any public speech? well its not the woman's fault for not being able to express herself in a manner thats pleasing to the watching nation. Maybe she might have some kind of speech deficiency which she herself doesnt even know!

abeg leave the woman alone! she has God's Favour on her? Go watch that movie King's Speech and even the story of Moses, these people had some kind of speech problem and yet still change the course of history in a positive way! so if her pigeon english helps someone out there ! big Gbosa to her!
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by sugardaddy1(m): 11:21am On Dec 02, 2011
DAY11.:

You wrong!

So, could you please analyze the statement the way you personally view it?
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by stepo707: 11:21am On Dec 02, 2011
Torch1:

i think what she wanted to say is that [b]all of us have AIDS victims among us, only that some people are positive while others are negative.[/b] Though i might be wrong, but thats what i think.

Should be
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by Drlumi: 11:31am On Dec 02, 2011
yomz1e:

@Rill64 so what do you suggest we do? shoot her ? or sow her mouth up? or GEJ should banish her from any public speech? well its not the woman's fault for not being able to express herself in a manner thats pleasing to the watching nation. Maybe she might have some kind of speech deficiency which she herself doesnt even know!

abeg leave the woman alone! she has God's Favour on her? Go watch that movie King's Speech and even the story of Moses, these people had some kind of speech problem and yet still change the course of history in a positive way! so if her pigeon english helps someone out there ! big Gbosa to her!

I agree with you in that I think that most people are not giving the the woman due credit. She's strong. Probably moved Uncle Jo's campaign more than he did himself. If she performs- like Atiku's wife did, it might not [i]really [/i]matter whether she speaks good English or not.

But even then, I think she should be made to stay under tutors. She can also speak through an interpreter or should not appear in public. Honestly, it would be okay if she were not educated. But for God's sake, she has a first degree! If you were to employ a graduate and he spoke like that, would you go ahead?

A speech problem is an impairment. I don't think Madam Pat has any such impairment. Moses was smart when he asked God for a mouthpiece- Aaron. She needs an Aaron to function well if she can't stay out of the limelight.
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by yomz1e(m): 11:37am On Dec 02, 2011
@ DRLUMI, you argue your case well! yes! maybe her 1st degree should be scrutinised? A graduate unable to speak good english is unbelievable! was the degree bought with cash or Kindness? grin grin grin grin
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by castrokins(m): 11:43am On Dec 02, 2011
DAY11.:

Good point.

YOUR ARGUMENT IS A STALE ONE. HOW ARE YOU BETTER THAN MRS. JONATHAN YOU'VE NEVER HEARD A SERVING PRESENT MESS WITH ENGLISH AS A LANGUAGE? YOU GUYS SEEM TO HATE WHAT YOU HAVE NO MATTER HOW IT IS. PATIENCE IS PATIENCE AND LIKE IT OR YES, YOU CAN NOT CHANGE HER. LIVE WITH IT!!!
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by castrokins(m): 11:45am On Dec 02, 2011
rilla64:

The issue here is not whether English is our first language or not, it's about Coherence. For your information English is our national language a common denomintor through which Hausa, Yoruba and Ibo communicate outside the confines of tribal languages. The very essence of our being one Nigeria is the English language.

For someone holding the exhalted office of the First Lady of Nigeria it is expected that such a person should be able to communicate clearly and intelligently, which has not been the case with Mrs Jonathan.

What stops her from communicating through an interpreter if English is not a priority to her. As bad as the education system is in Nigeria i'm sure even you will be dissapointed in a graduate who cannot express him or herself coherently, much less the First Lady of the federation.

Go and check out the first ladies of Ghana and other African countries, English is also not their first language. Some do not possess a doctorate Like Mrs Jonathan but the understand the importance of proper communication as a national leader. This is totally unacceptable and a ridicule to our nation in the eyes of the world.

We need to stop making excuses for everything in Nigeria.

YOUR ARGUMENT IS A STALE ONE. HOW ARE YOU BETTER THAN MRS. JONATHAN YOU'VE NEVER HEARD A SERVING PRESENT MESS WITH ENGLISH AS A LANGUAGE? YOU GUYS SEEM TO HATE WHAT YOU HAVE NO MATTER HOW IT IS. PATIENCE IS PATIENCE AND LIKE IT OR YES, YOU CAN NOT CHANGE HER. LIVE WITH IT!!!
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by yomz1e(m): 11:48am On Dec 02, 2011
I am sure she's given a script to read from, the error only occurs when she decides to rely on her ability. She herself knows she doesnt speak perfect english, but comon lets commend the woman for having the courage to stand infront of the nation and make public speeches. Most people here are short of that kind of courage!
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 02, 2011
$ugardaddy:

[size=14pt]Sincerely, I think she sounds philosophically correct. Now, let's analyze the statement[/size]

Some are HIV -Ve, true
[/size]

I wonder what you guys gain from defending that woman.will you also help her correct this too ?
My husband and sambo is a good people. shocked shocked
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by Funkymallam(m): 11:52am On Dec 02, 2011
You people should pls free this woman, yes she have been releasing bombs more than boko haram but this one is right!

Wen u check ur status, you are either positive or negative, so u are a victim until proven free.
In other words, if she just said 'we all have aids' without adding the two status, positive and negative, it would have been wrong. Mind u she went to see d victims in a home, she have to give them sense of belonging, if u watched it, she was hugging them. So, that statement 'we all have aids' was to encourage them.
Thnx
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by otokx(m): 11:53am On Dec 02, 2011
This woman is simply amazing
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by Kx: 11:56am On Dec 02, 2011
Chei, English na by force?
what stops her from communicating in bayelsa language for someone to translate/interpret?

Comedy at the highest level!
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by sugardaddy1(m): 11:56am On Dec 02, 2011
~Bluetooth:

I wonder what you guys gain from defending that woman.will you also help her correct this too ?
My husband and sambo is a good people. shocked shocked

Nothing to gain defending her, just noted that this sounds a bit philosophical compared to her earlier outright "bombs".

I won't even attempt comprehending what you have up there so I don't develop migraine grin grin grin
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 02, 2011
$ugardaddy:

Nothing to gain defending her, just noted that this sounds philisophical compared to her earlier outright "bombs".

I won't even attempt comprehending what you have up there so I don't develop migraine grin grin grin

The same way i develop migraine anytime this woman opens her mouth and yarn rubbish.Even in your so called philosophical analysis you tried hard to convince us that a normal person still have HIV- and if i may ask you,how is that possible when only a + carrier possesses the virus ? There is no such thing as a hiv- carrier !
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by freecocoa(f): 12:43pm On Dec 02, 2011
Funkymallam:

You people should pls free this woman, yes she have been releasing bombs more than boko haram but this one is right!

Wen u check your status, you are either positive or negative, so u are a victim until proven free.
In other words, if she just said 'we all have aids' without adding the two status, positive and negative, it would have been wrong. Mind u she went to see d victims in a home, she have to give them sense of belonging, if u watched it, she was hugging them. So, that statement 'we all have aids' was to encourage them.
Thnx
Your ITIBORIBOISM is second to none.
So someone who is HIV -ve is an AIDS victim too just not +ve, it can also be said that someone who went for a pregnancy test but tested -ve is pregnant but its not proven yet,not minding whether the person can bear children or not? What an interpretation.
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by BIGERBOY1: 12:46pm On Dec 02, 2011
The critical question we should be asking are

Is this woman a real university graduate?

In what language did she studied

Does uniport offer courses in other languages too

How did she defend her thesis, presentensation,

This is an indictment on our education and even more on uniport, but we r too shameless to realise.
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by sugardaddy1(m): 12:48pm On Dec 02, 2011
~Bluetooth:

The same way i develop migraine anytime this woman opens her mouth and yarn rubbish.Even in your so called philosophical analysis you tried hard to convince us that a normal person still have HIV- and if i may ask you,how is that possible when only a + carrier possesses the virus ? There is no such thing as a hiv- carrier !
@~Bluetooth

+Ve carrier has the virus
-Ve carrier doesn't have the virus (ok, -ve carrier doesn't exist)
But both carriers and non-carriers have blood which is usually screened for the virus.
Since we all have blood, that means we all have HIV  smiley While some of us are +Ve, others are -Ve but we all have HIV

Jeez!!! This is so hard to defend! I think I better withdraw my defence or may be just hope to get some marks for my attempt undecided[color=#000099][/color]
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 02, 2011
$ugardaddy:

@~Bluetooth

But both carriers and non-carriers have blood which is usually screened for the virus.
Since we all have blood, that means we all have HIV  smiley While some of us are +Ve, others are -Ve but we all have HIV

Jeez!!! This is so hard to defend! I think I better withdraw my defence or may be just hope to get some marks for my attempt undecided[color=#000099][/color]
I recommend you just withdraw your defense cuz it's either you have hiv in your blood or NOT.there is no such thing as i have hiv but it's negative !
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by sugardaddy1(m): 1:34pm On Dec 02, 2011
[size=14pt]@~Bluetooth
Noted. But any marks for my attempt? wink
[/size]

[size=14pt]@Patience Jonathan
You no dey try at all oo!!! See how you make me dey fall my hand because say I wan try help you? *smh* Next time you go to any event, just shout
[/size] [size=14pt]"Bayelsa people, oooo yeeee!!!"[/size] [size=14pt]and there won't be any need for you to blow grammar again. You hear? angry[/size]
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by Wislet(f): 1:36pm On Dec 02, 2011
$ugardaddy:

@~Bluetooth

Since we all have blood, that means we all have HIV smiley While some of us are +Ve, others are -Ve but we all have HIV

#holding back#
~Bluetooth:

I recommend you just withdraw your defense cuz it's either you have hiv in your blood or NOT.there is no such thing as i have hiv but it's negative !
hehehehehehehehehehehe. Abeg una ooo. E don do.
@all, I think she was referring to doctors' termimologies, when they say, ''You are HIV positive'' or '' You are HIV negative''. Just that with the second, the person has no HIV at all. But she might have understood it as they both have it, while one is positive, the other is negative. Cut her some slack ooo. People are different. This might not be her strength. But she sure might have areas where she's strong you might not compete with. Besides she's our first lady, give her that respect.
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by Bisijohn: 1:40pm On Dec 02, 2011
A bit of digression, assumming a woman is the President of Nigeria, are we going to have office of the 'First Gentleman-The President's Husband'?
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by sugardaddy1(m): 1:43pm On Dec 02, 2011
Bisijohn:

A bit of digression, assumming a woman is the President of Nigeria, are we going to have office of the 'First Gentleman-The President's Husband'?

You can find out how it's been run in Liberia presently.
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 02, 2011
$ugardaddy:

Some are HIV -Ve, true
[/size]

Word!

It is clear that all first lady is guilty of here is situating AIDs is the widest possible context.
Her duty was to clearly to promote World AIDs day, and to garner as much empathy as possible for those personally affected in so doing.
On this point she scores an A*
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by duno: 2:07pm On Dec 02, 2011
HIV +ve  is not equal to AIDS

HIV -ve can never be AIDS

Therefore we DONT all have AIDS
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by Kayflexy1(f): 2:13pm On Dec 02, 2011
Abeg! Make una left d woman alone o! Weda it is +ve or -ve, she has give her own speechs o! I have go!  ya layra!
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 02, 2011
duno:

HIV +ve  is not equal to AIDS

HIV -ve can never be AIDS

Therefore we DONT all have AIDS

Correction noted. We all have HIV instead! <there is no cause for alarm>

Everyone Has Aids
[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5npZwUdZwnY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US[/flash]

The Minister of Women's Empowerment and the Family in Cameroon did a better job, while passing on the same message.
The 2011 National and World AIDS Week, with emphasis on mothers and children without AIDS, Marie-Therese Abena Ondoa said, was an opportunity for women to take advantage and do their HIV tests. "For those who are HIV negative, I advise them to remain negative by taking preventive measures and for those who are positive, I encourage them to undergo other tests so they can receive treatment," she urged. "When you are on treatment, you can have children without HIV/AIDS and if there are newborn babies without HIV/AIDS, we can have a generation free of the pandemic," she explained.
Re: We All Have AIDS - Patience Jonathan by sugardaddy1(m): 2:17pm On Dec 02, 2011
eGuerrilla:

Correction noted. We all have HIV instead!

Seconded

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wanted Boko Haram Terrorist, Three Others Arrested / APC Governors, Others Endorse Lawan, Gbajabiamila’ / 2023: Don’t Vote For Party Again, Vote People With Vision – Ibiyeomie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.