Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,403 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? - Satellite TV Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? (10129 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by GeorgeD1(m): 5:38pm On Dec 03, 2011
soloqy,
yeah, its been quite a while. you know we been through all these before.

just a little bit up on your dstv dish position, you have multi-tv which broadcasts (legally)
for free. you have sports, news, african movies, music just for your asking. also almost pointing
to the sky you have w3a and sirius where you can watch live sports broadcasts. all these are achievable with 90cm dishes. in fta as in life generally, knowing where to look may
mean the difference between frustration and success.
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 03, 2011
complete bs

first of all, there is a much faster way of sorting out activation issues

register on dstv's website with your card details and you can sort out activation right there.

Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 03, 2011
last month for some reason , their server was malfunctioning or something. i could't clear the error code. after several tries i gave up. it came up an hour later

the next morning i got a call from their customer care. sorry about the issue, blah blah blah

i was pleasantly surprised

there are definitely dealers you should probably steer clear of. eg th edealer who originally sold my decoder. vitus i think. i dont remember. their office was a madhouse complete chaos. dstv have done the right thing and dropped them.
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 03, 2011
I think It's high time we form a union i.e association of dstv viewers
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by lovala(m): 12:50am On Dec 04, 2011
If you no wan enter dark side, consider motorizing either your 90cm or 1.2m dish that is if 1.8m go cause wahala for landlord im yard. But, if you want the best then you get to enter the big dishes league, point blanc!
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by pofolo(m): 5:18am On Dec 04, 2011
Oga George i hail ooo,
lovala, Gud talk.

I cant just rememba wen last i subcribed to any paytv. The biggest dish i have is a 90cm dish n still watches ova 100 channels for free, be it sports ( more dan 8 live matches wkly , Epl @least 2, la liga, dutch,scotish,belgium,german,french n italian league, Ucl, europa etc, to mention but a few), news, cartoon, movies both 9ja n foreign( almost latest '11 release), music, even adult movie option dey too, et cetera,
With d right equipments, u r @ liberty n outrightly free frm exploitation,
Viva free-to-air stations + including d ''dark side''. cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by Pidzo(m): 5:51am On Dec 04, 2011
@Pofolo
That's the spirit bro, FTA!! I like your encouragement. We will keep on hunting for these birds. cool cool
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by Nobody: 6:52am On Dec 04, 2011
I think it's time we staged a protest against this people just like the public outcry on per-minute billing in the telecomms sector.
We should clamour for 'PAY-AS-U-WATCH' and make the NCC or NBC see to this.
We are not only compelled to part with huge sums of money but also to pay them for nothing since most of the time we're in bed or 'PHCN' will not give us power to view stations.

My one cent on this,
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by webizone(m): 9:04am On Dec 04, 2011
@ pofolo, which decoder r u using?
And to others, yeah the only way out is out, we have been surviving long without dstv.
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by mikymouse1(m): 10:40am On Dec 04, 2011
Me think DSTV Should be billed on PAY AS YOU WATCH basis
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by skiduski(m): 1:04pm On Dec 04, 2011
apart from payment issue is the issue of being cut of b4 subscription expires. this has happened to me about 3 times now. the most recent one customer care said i was owing them
#1300 or thereabout that the previous month i used extra 4 days b4 being cut of and that period i was out of town and my decoder was off! i was enraged and i gave them hell at their office b4 they reconnected me/
lets even assume it was true that their service was on are they blind to see that my subscription had expired or were they wating to be called b4 disconnecting me? which means they shuld refund e for d days PHCN struct and my decoder was off.Dstv is just out to rip off Nigerians with NCC turnong a blind eye.
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by GeorgeD1(m): 2:43pm On Dec 04, 2011
skiduski,
again, as long as dstv has all the cards they will keep doing whatever they like.

soloqy,
i was at a hotel the other day and surprise, surprise! some of the channels in the room were fta.
they were even showing african movie and any casual observer would have passed it off as a
pay tv channel. it takes only the savvy like us to know what the hotel owner was up to.

lesson: a lot of people (even business owners) are becoming wise and are fast exploring other
options to break the stranglehold of dstv!  cool

pofolo,
keep riding on.
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by soloqy: 4:09pm On Dec 04, 2011
Me self wan Know oo. grin
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by pofolo(m): 8:42pm On Dec 04, 2011
@ webizon,
strong 4653x, 4663x and 4669x.
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by godman01(m): 10:16pm On Dec 04, 2011
Then don't use the machines again and find an alternative way to pay.
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by Dlee1(m): 10:37pm On Dec 04, 2011
It is only ignorance that makes people worry about DSTV. If you have enough space in your compound then get 3m dish and freely enjoy nilesat, hotbird, badr4/5/6, Eurobird1 and a whole lot of other satellite but if you don't have, you can get HH motor and motorise your 90cm dish but I know that pride that one is using DSTV would not allow many. Most of those sports which they show on supersport are shown freely on a lot of free to air channels like wise news, music, hollywood movies etc. Why would I worry myself over DSTV subscription whereby I have more than they (DSTV) have? Never!
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:46pm On Dec 04, 2011
d.lee,
you're right on that one. the major problem most peeps have is that dstv is seen as a 'status symbol'.
hence they go to any length just to show their friends that they have 'arrived' by having dstv in their house. it gets so crazy to the extent that even when their subscription has expired, the dish and decoder are left conspicuously displayed for all to see thereby creating an impression that they belong. meanwhile if you go and investigate properly, it would have been several months ago they last paid any semblance of subscription for magic! cool
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by soloqy: 1:40am On Dec 05, 2011
No you guys are wrong. Some people pay for DSTV simply because its convenient. Once again, the question of space comes up in d.lee's options. Its simply convenient to pay and sit down and watch and not have to figure out everything.

@George, d.lee, the motorising option, would it give one the same options as when using the 3m dish?
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by SailorXY: 1:41am On Dec 05, 2011
Knowledge is power, son! lipsrsealed
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by armadeo(m): 8:04am On Dec 05, 2011
true talk. am fed up with this DSTV wahala though i watch the movies a lot will need very good movie channels

1 Like

Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:03am On Dec 05, 2011
soloqy,
the motorizing option for 90cm will not give you exactly the same package as you would get from a 3m but at least it will give you enough to wean you off dstv. that's a promise.
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by Dlee1(m): 5:32pm On Dec 05, 2011
George_D:

soloqy,
the motorizing option for 90cm will not give you exactly the same package as you would get from a 3m but at least it will give you enough to wean you off dstv. that's a promise.
Oga mi, no be lie lie talk but na true.
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by walexy1(m): 5:08pm On Dec 21, 2011
My oga george n other ogas, pls hw do i motorize my 90cm dish? I mean d right equipments n their costs. Pls sir, its urgent
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by GeorgeD1(m): 2:38pm On Dec 23, 2011
walexy1,
you need a h-h motor only. marc33, a good member from dakar senegal has already done this and you can see how it was done here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-419494.128.html#msg9712744
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by Kx: 2:48pm On Dec 23, 2011
George_D:

soloqy,
yeah, its been quite a while. you know we been through all these before.

just a little bit up on your dstv dish position, you have multi-tv which broadcasts (legally)
for free. you have sports, news, african movies, music just for your asking. also almost pointing
to the sky you have w3a and sirius where you can watch live sports broadcasts. all these are achievable with 90cm dishes. in fta as in life generally, knowing where to look may
mean the difference between frustration and success.

George, glad to see u here again after reading most of ur wonderful posts in the FTA thread.
I ll like to try this fta thing with my dstv dish as u explained above- by fire by force.
Bros nor vex, "mentor" me in fta-lol. on which email addy can i chat with u on yahoo messenger pls?
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by GeorgeD1(m): 3:05pm On Dec 23, 2011
kx,
you can reach me at yahoo.
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by Kx: 3:10pm On Dec 23, 2011
tnx
Re: Why Does Dstv Get Away With Cheating ? by olusmarth(m): 6:21am On Nov 28, 2013
Wow!!!!!! Dstv is @ it again wit just 15500 u can get complete dstv wit one month family bouquet free , order for urs now 08073803562........

(1) (2) (Reply)

3.5 Or 4 Meters Dish / List Of Playtv Channels Formerly CONSAT / Fta Sport Channels To Watch Live Football Matches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.