Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win (5499 Views)

Yakubu Aiyegbeni With His Wife & Daughters (Holiday Pictures) / Yakubu To Leave Blackburn & Join Guangzhou R&F / Yakubu Missed A Penalty Against Liverpool In A 3 - 2 Defeat For Blackburn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by tinkinfela(m): 6:45pm On Dec 03, 2011
Yakubu Ayegbeni scored four goals as Blackburn Rovers eased the pressure on Steve Kean with a 4-2 Premier League win over Swansea City at Ewood Park.

http://asia.eurosport.com/football/premier-league/2011-2012/yakubu-scores-four_sto3046864/story.shtml

It's a mystery to me how these guys perform so good at clubside but perform so poorly at international level, including Odemwingie and others.
Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by Afam4eva(m): 6:59pm On Dec 03, 2011
Yakubu is a clinical finisher anytime anyday.
Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by blackwood(m): 10:28pm On Dec 03, 2011
He should stop doing that stupid bird sign when he celebrates his goal
Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by seunlayi(m): 11:52pm On Dec 03, 2011
the return of yak the bull. He made me proud today.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by seunlayi(m): 11:58pm On Dec 03, 2011
@mod, this story should make it to the front page not minding what most of us has against him. This story is being reported by many media.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by mikuz(m): 8:39am On Dec 04, 2011
i hope he keeps the form and gets a sensational eagles call up once more.
Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by naijadot: 11:12am On Dec 04, 2011
Yak has made a statement with his performance, am sure the current handlers will definitely make sure he is invited to camp next time.
Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by bayo22: 11:19am On Dec 04, 2011
Stupid yakubu he missed a goal that would have send Nigeria to Round of 16 we can't forget that miss no matter the goals he scores
Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by Babamide(m): 11:21am On Dec 04, 2011
Let's hope he can perform the same way when playing in the eagles team
Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by sumgelem(m): 11:24am On Dec 04, 2011
Yak would surely make it back to SE
Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by Olalekan0(m): 11:28am On Dec 04, 2011
No surprises,Yak is one of the most consistent foreign out and out strikers in the EPL(check the records)

And No,our strikers cannot reproduce this form at International level as majority of them percieve national assignments as pass-time!
Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by Funkymallam(m): 11:30am On Dec 04, 2011
My problem with the Yak is inconsistency. Only last week he was rated the flop of the match by goal.com and this week, he became a hero. Who knws what he will do nxt?
Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by Kay1kay1(m): 11:35am On Dec 04, 2011
It's a mystery to me how these guys perform so good at clubside but perform so poorly when it comes to playing for national team,  including Odemwingie and others.

If only they play on the same level of motivation. Does the encouragement on the Eagles squad equal that of the club?
Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by mikuz(m): 11:47am On Dec 04, 2011
the best way to drag yourself backwards is to keep dwelling on the past. The bloke has proven beyond doubt that he's capable.
And If the dude continues with the form, he's going to aggregate more than 20 goals before the end of the season.
Check am na.
Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by olaiwolah: 11:57am On Dec 04, 2011
I love this guy rit from his days @ boro
Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by Ninilowo(m): 12:40pm On Dec 04, 2011
Its the super eagles mid fielders that are not supplying Yak with the ball. The SE coaches should work on this. We should 4get his world cup miss and forge ahead.
Checking the EPL archives, we will see dt he is one of the deadliest strikers in EPL.
Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by deadie(m): 12:52pm On Dec 04, 2011
afam4eva:

Yakubu is a clinical finisher anytime anyday.

Yes, he sent some people to the clinic during his excellent performance in 2010 World cup. Clinical finisher my a$$.
Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 12:57pm On Dec 04, 2011
Yakubu has only scored those 4 goals because he knws that there be anoda till the season ends
Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by stagger: 1:36pm On Dec 04, 2011
Yak is a point man. Everytime the dumb coaches of Super Eagles keep pushing him wide. He belongs as the top 9 anytime, anyday.
Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by tinkinfela(m): 2:04pm On Dec 04, 2011
deadie:

Yes, he sent some people to the clinic during his excellent performance in 2010 World cup. Clinical finisher my a$$.

loool
Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by seunlayi(m): 2:10pm On Dec 04, 2011
no doubt, if the mid-field will be there to supply him with good balls, yak will surely deliver the goals. In addition, effect of the goal-mouth miss will make him to want to give the country his best before retirement.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by justinceejay(m): 2:16pm On Dec 04, 2011
20 of such wld nt wipe out his mess in the minds of nigerians.mtchewww.
Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by richkids1(m): 2:31pm On Dec 04, 2011
That is a great comebac for BULLL. He's hot again, hope he can continue for a very long time smiley smiley
Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by manosteel(m): 3:47pm On Dec 04, 2011
He has been impressive of recent as well as John Utaka.
Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 04, 2011
blackwood:

He should stop doing that silly bird sign when he celebrates his goal
'
stop beafing the guy abeg he has been a bird for long and is still flying. cool cool cool
Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by Humphreydis(m): 4:19pm On Dec 04, 2011
If he like let him score 300 goals in 2 matches, yak,u ve no place in d eagles team.carry ur big yash dey go,
Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by larimo(m): 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2011
Yaks has always played well for club and country. people just boxed him negatively because of his infamous world cup miss and our eventual exit. if I am not mistaken, he's Nigeria's leading goalscorer.
Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by alex406(m): 4:46pm On Dec 04, 2011
Humphreydis:

If he like let him score 300 goals in 2 matches, yak,u ve no place in d eagles team.carry your big yash dey go,

sooner or later you will join all these ones that are giving him kudos. Nigerians we melt at the sligthest provocatiob n yet we tend to easily maneouvre thins around.
Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by speak2me: 4:51pm On Dec 04, 2011
i tire ooooooo

Come national team big flop

Go clubside big star

grin
Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by Soulsarrester: 6:01pm On Dec 04, 2011
Yak is back, one of  the Super Eagles greatest scorers
Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by Gayigaskia(m): 6:13pm On Dec 04, 2011
I can care less if Fatkubu scores 10 in one game, any good plan for super eagles for the future should not include 40 years old heavy legged like him.
Re: Yakubu Scores Four In Blackburn Win by not2long(m): 6:48pm On Dec 04, 2011
at least he tried goodluck

(1) (2) (Reply)

Players That Have Won Everything / Okocha Vs Kanu: Who Was Better And Why? / 6 Months Pregnant Woman Filmed Lifting 40kg Weights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.