Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Who Says Virginity Lost Can Never Be Regained? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Says Virginity Lost Can Never Be Regained? (2960 Views)

Who Says God Can Not Change Your Story (photo) / Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? / Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Says Virginity Lost Can Never Be Regained? by Jasiel(f): 11:54pm On Dec 03, 2011
About 5 yrs ago, I posted a topic on this same issue, but I was considering it from a very narrow and (I might add) a self righteous angle. In these past five years, a lot of water has passed under the bridge and I have seen people who are 'non-virgins' more honourable than supposed 'virgins'. An operation called 'hymenoplasty' can now be used to fake virginity and believe it or not, more and more girls in Nigeria are resorting to it in order to create some sort of impression. From all I've seen, I've reached the conclusion that while it is good for a person - whether male or female to keep himself or herself, its not necessarily a physical thing but a thing of the heart. Why do our fellow Christians find it easy to condemn anyone who is not a virgin and tag them labels such as 'impure' or 'defiled'. Boy it aint easy typing on . So what do you guys think ?
Re: Who Says Virginity Lost Can Never Be Regained? by tayoast(m): 12:14am On Dec 04, 2011
Hymenoplasty? Doesn't make any sense.

Deceiving ur partner into believing ure a virgin . . . what if he finds out one way or the other?

R/ship founded on deception cannot last
Re: Who Says Virginity Lost Can Never Be Regained? by Jasiel(f): 12:39am On Dec 04, 2011
What I'm talking about is way beyond a romantic relationship although its still part of it. What I'm trying to figure out is the attitudes of people- parents, pastors, self righteous church goers who believe the best a person can be after being disvirgined is second best. Why is it that hell is always raised if a girl isn't found 'pure' but nobody bats an eyelid when its a guy? If Jesus was so concerned about virginity, why didn't he allow them stone the woman caught in adultery?
Re: Who Says Virginity Lost Can Never Be Regained? by isalegan2: 12:45am On Dec 04, 2011

(edit.)
Re: Who Says Virginity Lost Can Never Be Regained? by otokx(m): 8:32am On Dec 04, 2011
so what is the point?
Re: Who Says Virginity Lost Can Never Be Regained? by tpia5: 8:35am On Dec 04, 2011
poster if you're not religious then carry your baggage out of religion section plz.

dont know why these people must always take panadol for other folks' headache. They hear the name Jesus and their demons immediately start worrying them.

who the heck told you its christians who say the kind of jargon you posted here:

What I'm trying to figure out is the attitudes of people- parents, pastors, self righteous church goers who believe the best a person can be after being disvirgined is second best

or are you mad?
Re: Who Says Virginity Lost Can Never Be Regained? by tpia5: 8:37am On Dec 04, 2011
what rubbish.
Re: Who Says Virginity Lost Can Never Be Regained? by Jasiel(f): 8:40am On Dec 04, 2011
Its amazing how you find it easy to insult others. Of course I shouldn't be surprised seeing your 'religion' has narrowed your thinking.
Re: Who Says Virginity Lost Can Never Be Regained? by tpia5: 8:44am On Dec 04, 2011
shut up you nitwit.

i thought you were busy regenerating your hymen.

why are you wasting your time here.

if there's any christian you're chasing then get yourself offline and chase him there.
Re: Who Says Virginity Lost Can Never Be Regained? by Jasiel(f): 8:47am On Dec 04, 2011
And for your information O rude one, I am a Christian, and I've met different people on this journey but they at least give others the chance to talk. You seem to be happiest when you monopolize conversations. If you have nothing to contribute other than insults, please don't reply the topic. What rubbish!
Re: Who Says Virginity Lost Can Never Be Regained? by tpia5: 8:58am On Dec 04, 2011
you call yourself a christian and so?

is that supposed to place a halo around your head or what.
Re: Who Says Virginity Lost Can Never Be Regained? by tpia5: 9:00am On Dec 04, 2011
what kind of christian would type this sort of rubbish:

Why do our fellow Christians find it easy to condemn anyone who is not a virgin and tag them labels such as 'impure' or 'defiled'.

What I'm trying to figure out is the attitudes of people- parents, pastors, self righteous church goers who believe the best a person can be after being disvirgined is second best

wish i could find a christian way of calling you a goat.
Re: Who Says Virginity Lost Can Never Be Regained? by claremont(m): 9:11am On Dec 04, 2011
"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither [size=15pt]fornicators[/size], nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind"-- 1 Corinthians 6:9.

It is your very own bible that says fornicators will go to hell. I may be wrong, but I think fornicators also applies to those ladies who indulge in sex before marriage.
Re: Who Says Virginity Lost Can Never Be Regained? by tpia5: 9:13am On Dec 04, 2011
^^reread the posts i quoted then tell me what they have to do with your contribution to this thread.
Re: Who Says Virginity Lost Can Never Be Regained? by Jasiel(f): 9:18am On Dec 04, 2011
Does it apply to just ladies alone? But that's beside the way, why are we always judged by outward displays of righteousness?
Re: Who Says Virginity Lost Can Never Be Regained? by emofine(f): 9:55am On Dec 04, 2011
Firstly, let me just make it known to you that I am not a "Christian" so I am in no position to tackle this topic from a Christian angle.
However there are two points you raised that I'm quite amazed by. First, the idea of recovering one's virginity. The second is the comparison of women's virtue to men ("nobody bats an eyelid when its a guy"wink

I want to address your points chronologically.

Hymenoplasty?

I do not believe this method can restore a woman's virginity, more so despite whatever skills in science might be employed, losing one's virginity is irreversible and cannot be compromised.
I don't know if people realise that virginity is not solely a physical thing. So someone trying to deceive her partner into thinking she is indeed an actual virgin is only deceiving herself. She might have repaired her hymen (a symbol of virginity to some) but will she also be able to pretend that she is a novice during the act?
However being a virgin doesn't automatically make that person righteous.

Your second point:

-"Why is it that hell is always raised if a girl isn't found 'pure' but nobody bats an eyelid when its a guy?"-

On the issue of double standards, I suppose virgin men have cause to complain also because often times they are sneered at whilst female virgins are usually regarded highly. I understand some men may sleep with multiple partners and be met with compliments but that should not be a factor for why a woman should follow suite in order to challenge societal trend - believe me such will effect the lady more.
Some would actually consider it rather a fortunate thing that there is a value attached to their virtue and not the other way around.

"If Jesus was so concerned about virginity, why didn't he allow them stone the woman caught in adultery?"

Irony of that statement is that Jesus was said to have been born from a "virgin" woman so I doubt the value of one's virginity is underrated in Christianity plus I think you've misinterpreted that scripture undecided

Lastly, you seem to find it difficult to reconcile with some principles that your faith requires you to follow so if I may ask, why are you still a "Christian"? undecided

Do Christians have to mind what others think of them or shouldn't they be more concerned about what their God thinks?
Re: Who Says Virginity Lost Can Never Be Regained? by claremont(m): 9:57am On Dec 04, 2011
Jasiel:

Does it apply to just ladies alone? But that's beside the way, why are we always judged by outward displays of righteousness?
It applies to both males and females.

The fact of the matter is that irrespective of whether you are judged by your outward or inward display of "righteousness", your very own bible clearly states that s-ex before marriage is a sin (fornication), and those who do it are going to end up in hell. It is clearly written in the verse I highlighted above, except you are trying to tell us that the verse has a different meaning.

It is wrong for people to pick and choose the biblical verses that suit them, and discard/ignore those that don't suit their purposes. It's either the whole of the bible is the true word of God which must be followed in it's entirety, or its the word of man which should be taken in the same way we take the words of a village drunk.
Re: Who Says Virginity Lost Can Never Be Regained? by Jasiel(f): 6:35pm On Dec 04, 2011
Thanks for ur replies but I cant help noticing that I may have been misunderstood and I guess this is partly due to my topic- I don't think it reflects what I had in mind when I posted it. I guess what I'm trying to say is that our people tend to place a lot premium on outward appearances ignoring who their victim is on the inside. Like exactly when you said you don't think virginity can be regained despite hymenoplasty- u related it to something deeper, way beyond the physical. Its not about a girl trying to deceive her partner… its about the girl being afraid of rejection because she isn't a virgin. Lots of people have made mistakes they wish they could correct and others like the self righteous beings they are make them feel doubly guilty about it which isn't fair. Christianity does place a premium on being chaste both for men n ladies but I find no such pre-occupation in jesus' ministry. He stooped to save that lady while others stooped to pick up stones to kill her… he didn't judge her by her past which is what humans do.
Re: Who Says Virginity Lost Can Never Be Regained? by MyJoe: 8:06pm On Dec 04, 2011
claremont:

your very own bible clearly states that s-ex before marriage is a sin (fornication), and those who do it are going to end up in hell. It is clearly written in the verse I highlighted above,
Arn't you making definition assumtions and jumping ahead of the Bible here? Perhaps you want to highlight (1) where "it is clearly written in the verse" anything about "s-ex before marriage", and (2) where it talks about anyone going to hell.
Re: Who Says Virginity Lost Can Never Be Regained? by solomon111(m): 5:32pm On Dec 25, 2011
Believe it or not,virgins are special, not only to man but also to God. I know of ladies who were virgins and served the lord with everything they had,and it turned out that they never really spend too much time praying,before receiving answers to prayers,at least the ones I know.It was like they had a very unique bond with heaven and were God's battle axes.They are vessels unto honour,just because they refuse to be victims of fornication,which is a defiler of the temple of the holy-Ghost.Indeed the spiritual benefits of virginity makes it imperative for people to keep their virginity.

(1) (Reply)

Are There Any Atheists Here Who Oppose Gay Marriage? / Why Religion Sanctity Failed The Test Of Time / ⚫⚫ Study JESUS 10 Commandments and what Bible says about sabbath

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.