Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Fall-out Of Trial: Tinubu Threatens To Sue Fg - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fall-out Of Trial: Tinubu Threatens To Sue Fg (1783 Views)

Again, Saraki’s Supporters Invades CCT Trial, Demands Fairness Of Trial [PHOTOS] / $3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG / Tinubu Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fall-out Of Trial: Tinubu Threatens To Sue Fg by eazypeterz(m): 8:50am On Dec 04, 2011
The last appears not to have been heard on the operation of foreign accounts charges levelled against Senator Ahmed Bola Tinubu while in office as Lagos State governor by the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) as Tinubu is threatening to seek redress.

The charges weer last week dismissed by the Code of Conduct Tribunal on the grounds that the charges lacked substance.

Tinubu, formally reacting to the acquittal, yesterday, said he would “seek further redress because of the injury caused by my reputation and inflicted on my businesses and family”.

In a statement by the national leader of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), he maintained that his anger lingered over the non-full disclosure of the alleged bank accounts and other details relating to the charges by the government in an effort to portray and falsely classify him as a money launderer and looter of public funds. “Where and when are the transactions in these accounts operated? What are the balances in each of these accounts? What is the ageing analysis of those balances and their sources if any?, Tinubu queried. “The government prosecutors and some of their political leaders in their media campaign listed these accounts and made spurious allegations making it seem as if I looted public funds and stashed it away in these accounts. Yet they have failed to provide evidence to prove these weighty, yet unfounded allegations, which shows clearly at the tribunal that this was a political persecution from the very beginning”, he said.

‘Political vendetta’

He went on: “The government and its lawyers in their handling of this case have revealed a crass lack of knowledge of financial rules at home and abroad thus, embarrassing me as a citizen, their own government and the country”. The ACN leader stated that wasting millions of public funds to prosecute a political vendetta is unjustifiable and failing to apply both the principle and doctrine of materiality; cost and benefit analysis in investigation and prosecution of the case questionable. “I feel ashamed that the government is using a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, SAN, and a costly team of attorneys to prosecute this case, thereby demonstrating lack of policy direction to develop and train hundreds of lawyers in the Ministry of Justice and office of the public prosecutor. I dare ask, what is the aim of outsourcing a case like this to outside lawyers with huge professional bills?.

“The government equally failed to employ the FOI to disclose to Nigerians how much are in these accounts and how much the government was expending to prosecute.

“I am still in consultation with my attorneys on the next plan of action. The long time of media trial and political persecution have had toll on my businesses, my political reputation and constituted an infringement of my rights and that of my family as Nigerian citizens”.

It is only a wicked system that will list minors and portray them as looters for having in their accounts amounts in the hundreds meant for their upkeep and school runs”.

Tinubu believed that the battle for the salvation of Nigeria has just begun and he is willing and “ready to join hands with all like-minded people to move Nigeria forward as a land of democracy for justice and a secured democracy”.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/fall-out-of-trial-tinubu-threatens-to-sue-fg/ grin
Re: Fall-out Of Trial: Tinubu Threatens To Sue Fg by OgundeleT(m): 8:48pm On Aug 26, 2020
This is when they have the power to put Jagaban behind the bar but they failed. Now they want Buhari to do it for them.

4 Likes

Re: Fall-out Of Trial: Tinubu Threatens To Sue Fg by StreetFight: 9:00pm On Aug 26, 2020
OgundeleT:
This is when they have the power to put Jagaban behind the bar but they failed. Now they want Buhari to do it for them.

Idiots and nincompoops think everyone is foolish like them.

5 Likes

Re: Fall-out Of Trial: Tinubu Threatens To Sue Fg by JAMO84: 9:17pm On Aug 26, 2020
If the Poverty Development Party want Tinubu jailed, they have to travel back in time to 2011 to make it happen. Like every other thing, they failed miserable to properly persecute their most formidable opponent. Very useless party.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fall-out Of Trial: Tinubu Threatens To Sue Fg by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:53pm On Aug 26, 2020
Since 2011

Case closed!!!
Re: Fall-out Of Trial: Tinubu Threatens To Sue Fg by SLAP44: 10:55pm On Aug 26, 2020
Re: Fall-out Of Trial: Tinubu Threatens To Sue Fg by realstars: 11:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
Above The Law
Re: Fall-out Of Trial: Tinubu Threatens To Sue Fg by Rugaria: 11:23pm On Aug 26, 2020
He was not cleared of corruption... He simply managed to hoodwink the court and got away on technicalities... He will have his day in court one of these days.. very interesting that he made mention of the FOI law to enhance his argument. His Lagos State at the last check seldom obey orders to disclose based on this law.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fall-out Of Trial: Tinubu Threatens To Sue Fg by Charmingrascal(m): 1:14am On Aug 27, 2020
I am not really a fan of Tinubu but I admire how resolute and influential he is in Nigeria political business.

He ventured into the enterprise of politics just like many politicians and he has been able to stand the test of time, with his intimidating & formidable political network it is not gainsaying to conclude that he knows politics business so well & his influence can not be overemphasized.

Only his name sends shiver down the spine of his opponents, his influence sent GEJ to Otuoke, he retired Bukola Saraki and help Dino Melaye discover his acting career after he sent him out of the Senate, even Orji Kalu acknowledges Tinubu's influence as he has always claim that Tinubu was the one who sent him to Kuje Prison.

Every made and aspiring politician talk about him, his name is everywhere. Opposition see him as a big threat some of his party members despise his influence in Nigeria politics.

I will conclude by saying whoever the dibia who fortified Tinubu was he really did a good job or perhaps I should say Tinubu worked and he is still working so hard and God himself complement his efforts with unlimited grace.

6 Likes

Re: Fall-out Of Trial: Tinubu Threatens To Sue Fg by DEROX: 1:15am On Aug 27, 2020
grin 2011 FAKE NEWS SINCE
Re: Fall-out Of Trial: Tinubu Threatens To Sue Fg by bancoleh: 1:22am On Aug 27, 2020
The Jagaban himself, let just wait and see how things panned out.....let justice prevail.

Edit your video like this_more like action film
Tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHwA_sBhqsA
Re: Fall-out Of Trial: Tinubu Threatens To Sue Fg by leofab(f): 3:00am On Aug 27, 2020
Kai
Re: Fall-out Of Trial: Tinubu Threatens To Sue Fg by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:41am On Aug 27, 2020
Since 2011
Re: Fall-out Of Trial: Tinubu Threatens To Sue Fg by justified007: 6:26am On Aug 27, 2020
Charmingrascal:
I am not really a fan of Tinubu but I admire how resolute and influential he is in Nigeria political business.

He ventured into the enterprise of politics just like many politicians and he has been able to stand the test of time, with his intimidating & formidable political network it is not gainsaying to conclude that he knows politics business so well & his influence can not be overemphasized.

Only his name sends shiver down the spine of his opponents, his influence sent GEJ to Otuoke, he retired Bukola Saraki and help Dino Melaye discover his acting career after he sent him out of the Senate, even Orji Kalu acknowledges Tinubu's influence as he has always claim that Tinubu was the one who sent him to Kuje Prison.

Every made and aspiring politician talk about him, his name is everywhere. Opposition see him as a big threat some of his party members despise his influence in Nigeria politics.

I will conclude by saying whoever the dibia who fortified Tinubu was he really did a good job or perhaps I should say Tinubu worked and he is still working so hard and God himself complement his efforts with unlimited grace.

OUK never for once accused Tinubu of masterminding his imprisonment and Tinubu will never go that low. For your Information , both of them are very close and even while in PDP , Kalu has always been speaking highly of Asiwaju .
Re: Fall-out Of Trial: Tinubu Threatens To Sue Fg by helinues: 6:57am On Aug 27, 2020
Iyan.miri people recycling any news related to Tinubu as if their hearts and souls depends on him to survive

2011 news... Those people have ran out of idea

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fall-out Of Trial: Tinubu Threatens To Sue Fg by Fleshly: 6:59am On Aug 27, 2020
Though this is old news, but is still does not remove the fact that Tinubu is a Criminal!

1 Like

Re: Fall-out Of Trial: Tinubu Threatens To Sue Fg by Yobabad: 7:00am On Aug 27, 2020
Tinubu is a well known thief and will never escape jail

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ahoada Inferno: Princewill Empathizes With Amaechi And Rivers People, Tasks FG / Picture Of Flood In Adamawa-yola / ALUU Becomes A Word In The Dictionary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.