Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

A Devine Permition:beat/hit Ur Wife! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Devine Permition:beat/hit Ur Wife! (1793 Views)

Muslim Man Became A Christian After A Devine Encounter With Jesus Christ / Jesus Devine Revelation To Samuel Oghenetega ,a 14 Years Old Boy / Do Christians Worship The Human Or Devine Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Devine Permition:beat/hit Ur Wife! by plappville(f): 8:24pm On Dec 04, 2011
The Qur'an:
Qur'an (4:34) - "Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great."

Qur'an (38:44) - "And take in your hand a green branch and beat her with it, and do not break your oath, "  Allah is telling Job to beat his wife.

From the Hadith:

Bukhari (72:715) - A woman came to Muhammad and begged her to stop her husband from beating her.  Her skin was bruised so badly that she it is described as being "greener" than the green veil she was wearing.  Muhammad did not admonish her husband, but instead ordered her to return to him and submit to his sexual desires.

Bukhari (72:715) - "Aisha said, 'I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women'"  This is Muhammad's own wife complaining of the abuse that the women of her religions suffer relative to other women.

Muslim (4:2127) - Muhammad struck his favorite wife, Aisha, in the chest one evening when she left the house without his permission.  Aisha narrates, "He struck me on the chest which caused me pain."

Muslim (9:3506) - Muhammad's father-in-laws (Abu Bakr and Umar) amused him by slapping his wives (Aisha and Hafsa) for annoying him.  According to the Hadith, the prophet of Islam laughed upon hearing this.

I thought women are most respected as cliamed by NL muslims shocked shocked
Re: A Devine Permition:beat/hit Ur Wife! by LagosShia: 9:35pm On Dec 04, 2011
plappville:

The Qur'an:
Qur'an (4:34) - "Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great."

Qur'an (38:44) - "And take in your hand a green branch and beat her with it, and do not break your oath, " Allah is telling Job to beat his wife.

From the Hadith:

Bukhari (72:715) - A woman came to Muhammad and begged her to stop her husband from beating her. Her skin was bruised so badly that she it is described as being "greener" than the green veil she was wearing. Muhammad did not admonish her husband, but instead ordered her to return to him and submit to his intimate desires.

Bukhari (72:715) - "Aisha said, 'I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women'" This is Muhammad's own wife complaining of the abuse that the women of her religions suffer relative to other women.

Muslim (4:2127) - Muhammad struck his favorite wife, Aisha, in the chest one evening when she left the house without his permission. Aisha narrates, "He struck me on the chest which caused me pain."

Muslim (9:3506) - Muhammad's father-in-laws (Abu Bakr and Umar) amused him by slapping his wives (Aisha and Hafsa) for annoying him. According to the Hadith, the prophet of Islam laughed upon hearing this.

I thought women are most respected as cliamed by NL muslims shocked shocked

well done!

you have proved to be a true christian.you people are done misinterpreting,editing,distorting,misquoting and rubbishing your bible.now you think you can do likewise with the Holy Quran.no way madam france!

the first verse you presented is misinterpreted while the second is misquoted and deliberately used the pronoun "her" when there is non!

i will start with the second verse you presnted by quoting it as it appears in the chapter:

Holy Quran 38:42-44:
And remember Our servant Job, when he called to his Lord, "Indeed, Satan has touched me with hardship and torment[b]."[So he was told], "Strike [the ground] with your foot; this is a [spring for] a cool bath and drink."[/b]And We granted him his family and a like [number] with them as mercy from Us and a reminder for those of understanding.[We said], "And take in your hand a bunch [of grass] and strike with it and do not break your oath." Indeed, We found him patient, an excellent servant. Indeed, he was one repeatedly turning back [to Allah ].
Re: A Devine Permition:beat/hit Ur Wife! by LagosShia: 9:49pm On Dec 04, 2011
now we go to the first verse presented which madam france alleged supports "wife beating":

Holy Quran 4:34
"Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike (away from) them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand".

the issue with this verse is the word "adribu".this word can be interpreted to mean "separation" of the spouses.as you can see in the above verse,there are tentative measures to take when a man is faced with a woman is causes him shame.saying that the verse supports "wife beating" would be the person's interpretation.

to make things clearer,i will quote other verses from the Quran and the sayings of the Prophet Muhammad (sa) which clearly oppose domestic violence and promote co-existence,tolerance and amicable settlements in times of disagreement between the spouses:

Holy Quran 4:128
"And if a woman fears from her husband contempt or evasion, there is no sin upon them if they make terms of settlement between them - and settlement is best. And present in [human] souls is stinginess. But if you do good and fear Allah - then indeed Allah is ever, with what you do, Acquainted".

Holy Quran 2:231
"And when you divorce women and they have [nearly] fulfilled their term, either retain them according to acceptable terms or release them according to acceptable terms, [b]and do not keep them, intending harm, to transgress [against them]. And whoever does that has certainly wronged himself. [/b]And do not take the verses of Allah in jest. And remember the favor of Allah upon you and what has been revealed to you of the Book and wisdom by which He instructs you. And fear Allah and know that Allah is Knowing of all things".
Re: A Devine Permition:beat/hit Ur Wife! by LagosShia: 9:52pm On Dec 04, 2011
this topic of allegation was sometimes raised by "frosbel" and refuted:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-545232.0.html#msg7078365

also as you can read from wikipedia quoting islamic sources:the word "adribu" does not only mean to "beat" but also to "separate":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An-Nisa,_34
Re: A Devine Permition:beat/hit Ur Wife! by plappville(f): 9:59pm On Dec 04, 2011
The N.J. Dawood's translation is authentic and recognised by muslims.
No matter the version u are using, it end up refaring to women abuse in Islam.
Needless qouting in lenght Mr LagosShia.
Re: A Devine Permition:beat/hit Ur Wife! by LagosShia: 10:07pm On Dec 04, 2011
we further read hadiths and words of the Prophet (sa) without distortion by the christian missionaries who want to tarnish the image of Islam and our beloved Prophet (sa):

"The most perfect believer in faith is one who is the best of them in good conduct. The best of you is one who treats best with his wife among you."The best of you, is the one who is best to his wives, and I am the best of you toward my wives.(Imam Ghazzali's Ihya Ulum-Id-Din (The Book of Religious Learnings), Islamic Book Service, New Delhi, 2001,VolumeII, p.32.Imam Ghazzali's Ihya Ulum-Id-Din (The Book of Religious Learnings), Islamic Book Service, New Delhi, 2001,Vol.II, p.32)

The late Ayatollah Sayyid Muhammad Hussein Tabataba'i provides the following exegesis on 4:34 from both Sunni and Shia sources in his al-Mizan fi Tafsir al-Quran:

Ibn Abi Hatim has narrated through Ash’ath ibn ‘Abdil-Malik from al-Hasan that he said: “A woman came to the Prophet complaining against her husband that he had slapped her. The Messenger of Allah said: “Retribution”. Then Allah revealed the verse, “Men are maintainers of women… (4:34); so the woman returned without retribution [ad-Durr 'l-munthur, as-Suyuti]. [as-Suyuti] has narrated it from the Prophet through other chains too. Some of them say that the Messenger of Allah said: “I wanted one thing (retribution), but Allah decided otherwise", there were some instances where Allah had amended some prophetic orders by adding to or deleting from it, but it was only in his administrative order, not in matters of the law ordained by him for his people, otherwise it would have been an invalid nullification, the Messenger of Allah used to wonder aloud: "How can you embrace the woman with a hand you had hit her with?". It is narrated also in al-Kafi through his chain from Abu Maryam from Abu Ja’far (Imam Muhammad al-Baqir,the 5th Shia Imam) that he said: [b]“The Messenger of Allah said: “What! Does one of you hit his wife, and then attempt to embrace her?". [/b]Countless such statements are found in the traditions; and one may understand from them the Islamic views on this subject
Re: A Devine Permition:beat/hit Ur Wife! by LagosShia: 10:11pm On Dec 04, 2011
plappville:

The N.J. Dawood's translation is authentic and recognised by muslims.
No matter the version u are using, it end up refaring to women abuse in Islam.
Needless qouting in lenght Mr LagosShia.

madam,i am not quoting in length.i have being explanative enough with details.

i am not challenging any translation.i am only telling you that you have deliberately misquoted one verse about Prophet Job (as) while you misinterpreted the other.you do not need to convince m about translation because i can read the arabia myself.i have explained to you that verse 4:34 ,the word in it "adribu" has more than one meaning.for you to impose on us that the verse says we must beat our wives when our Prophet (sa) never did,something is really wrong with you.may be you are drunk with french wine or something else. tongue
Re: A Devine Permition:beat/hit Ur Wife! by LagosShia: 10:15pm On Dec 04, 2011
madam france,you should be worried about these explicit verses from your bible:

[size=14pt]GIFTS TO WOMEN,FROM PAUL!!![/size]

Shave Off Her Hair!
"For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered".(1 Corinthians 11:6)

Silence The Woman!
"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

Wives, Submit Yourselves!
"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything." (Ephesians 5:22-24)

Women Shall Not Speak

"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."(I Corinthians 14:34-35)
Re: A Devine Permition:beat/hit Ur Wife! by plappville(f): 10:54pm On Dec 04, 2011
we further read hadiths and words of the Prophet (sa) without distortion by the christian missionaries who want to tarnish the image of Islam and our beloved Prophet (sa):

Tarnished u say? If there is any  tarnisher it should be Mohamed.
He signed a deal with the devil, he is trying to distroy christianity.
He started with Christ. He narrated evrythin perfectly to his advantage. But Thanks to education. People can read, those poor illitrate Northaners were easily brainwashed early enough because they couldnt read.
Looking at Mohammeds biography, u will just understand how devined the socalled prophet and his koran are all a framed crafting story.

We were made to understand that, The muslim law, ordered husband to strike his wife for som of the reasons below, but these reasons can be lead to a divorce as well. Although, not all muslim men will put in practice a dirty law of such. But the rascal once are well favoured sure.!

1: A wife must make herslf beautiful before her hubby.
2: If she refuses to meet his intimate demands
3: She leaves the home witout hubby's permission or for a (legitimate reason)
- She neglects her religious duties
Re: A Devine Permition:beat/hit Ur Wife! by plappville(f): 11:07pm On Dec 04, 2011
U ve qouted good verses that protects women interest in the bible, very intelligent of u. But no verse stated That a woman should be beaten, floged, stricked simply becos she may ve neglected her religion duties, refuses to meet up with intimate demands from the hubby etc grin grin, my dear it hurts so much when hidden truth is out.
Re: A Devine Permition:beat/hit Ur Wife! by bashydemy(m): 12:15am On Dec 05, 2011
Tired of this christian, They are not only brainwashed, But they teach them to lie and manipulate things.
Re: A Devine Permition:beat/hit Ur Wife! by plappville(f): 10:50am On Dec 05, 2011
bashy_demy:

Tired of this christian, They are not only brainwashed, But they teach them to lie and manipulate things.

Noble Verses 4:34-36 "(34). Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all).

This is brainwash?

(1) (Reply)

Tell Us How And Why You Join The Ogboni Or Freemason Frat Or Any Other Frat. / Types Of Atheists / Terrorism Is Not Islam!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.