Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,891 members, 7,828,149 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York (23365 Views)

Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough / : DISGRACE! Nigerian House Of Reps Fight Over Rebelling Governors [vid + Photos] / A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by icez: 7:18pm On Dec 06, 2011
boiz are not smiling. grin grin grin
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by MarcAnthon(m): 7:35pm On Dec 06, 2011
If these people were chickens, there will be no more eggs!
Looooool! Very true. They should come back home and protest nah. Idiots! None of them for once saw it fit to protest against the successive bad governments we've been having all these years. That said they do have their rights to protest whatever, just that we'll all pretend they aren't saying anything. What is more urgent is getting the economy and infrastructure working again, was why I thought the senate had misplaced priorities in the first place. Homosexuality isn't anywhere close to being one of the problems of the Nigerian state. They should face more critical issues and stop looking for cheap popularity. Idiots also!
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by Akintola11(m): 7:36pm On Dec 06, 2011
This is a very touchy and sketchy issue, One will argue for human rights and the other will argue from right and wrong,

It is not a Nigerian trait, but i am not naive and i know it happens, it happens in business, it happens in politics.  Yet is actually truly is wrong and should not be condoned, but it is because so many have found there way into high circles in the west, they have pushed thier agenda WELL WELL! therefore, it will hard to escape it.

God will prevail among the mind of the pure,

Think Africa Press always provides a weekly analysis of Nigerian news, its a good read

http://thinkafricapress.com/nigeria/blog/week-nigeria-oil-subsidy-beneficiaries-revealed

http://thinkafricapress.com/nigeria/blog/week-nigeria-oil-subsidy-beneficiaries-revealed
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by otiigba1(m): 7:49pm On Dec 06, 2011
why are these people only protesting about their rights, why are they not protesting also about, police brutallity, bribery and corruption, bad roads, no electricity, child labour, teenage marriage and e.t.c in nigeria very selfish people!! angry angry angry angry angry angry as long as they are allowed to sleep with each other, every thing is fine!! crap!!

1 Like

Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by phreakabit(m): 8:05pm On Dec 06, 2011
Sey na by force to bust your fellow guy ny***? Nigeria no want, Nigeria no want!!! Its non-negotiable .Take this nauseating foreign practice elsewhere.  This guys are just plain disgusting and repulsive. . . . .

BTW there is no such thing as bisexual. F@got na f@got! Just as long as you dey hamma man. . . . if you like bed like 20 girls after that, you are still a f@g! I am yet to hear of a bi-murderer or bi-police. anyone got a clue if they exist?
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by ngusvi: 8:07pm On Dec 06, 2011
The Nigerian US Virgin Islands Reunion Festival Invites all Nigerians and friends of Nigeria to our Annual Nigerian Reunion Festival 2012 .

This festival will take place on May 25th- 28th on the Beautiful US Islands of ST Thomas.
More details here @ www.nigerianusvifestival.com

See yall soon.
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by aloyemeka1: 8:08pm On Dec 06, 2011
BetaThings:

The sensible thing is to KILL them before they grow larger and become a real menace
The fact that they are publicly protesting and posting on NL shows that they are growing in confidence

Jesus Christ of Nazareth!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by ngusvi: 8:10pm On Dec 06, 2011
sad
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by Sagamite(m): 8:28pm On Dec 06, 2011
truefact:

after reading few comments here, i felt sorry for 9ja and 9jarians,, 9jarians are ready to kill all homo any moment, but not ready to kill all boko and so called political class that has made 9ja and 9jarians what it is today,  a poverty and dirty place where all vices thrives. misplaced priority,  too bad uncultured people. 9ja is known for anything bad across the world, so not surprised for this misplace priority, i think 9ja should start getting its act right.

You are a cretin for this conjectural rubbish.

What makes you think they are not ready to kill boko or corrupt people?

If you have no logical argument to promote the deviancy you support, SHUT UP and stop attempting distraction arguments.
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by spikedcylinder: 8:36pm On Dec 06, 2011
Sagamite:

If you have no logical argument to promote the deviancy you support, SHUT UP and stop attempting distraction arguments.

You homophobic yoo-hoo. angry angry angry angry
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by Sagamite(m): 8:40pm On Dec 06, 2011
spikedcylinder:

You homophobic yoo-hoo. angry angry angry angry

You bloody flatarsephobic! angry
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by publisher(m): 8:40pm On Dec 06, 2011
[size=15pt]POLYGAMY IS A CRIME IN AMERICA. HOMOSEXUALITY IS A CRIME IN NIGERIA.
POLYGAMY IS NOT ACCEPTED IN AMERICAN CULTURE,  HOMOSEXUALITY [/b]IS NOT ACCEPTED IN NIGERIAN CULTURE.
LEGALIZE [b]POLYGAMY
IN AMERICA,THEN maybe WE WILL LEGALIZE [b]HOMOSEXUALITY [/b]IN NIGERIA.[/size]
grin grin grin
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by Sagamite(m): 8:43pm On Dec 06, 2011
The Nigerian embassy in UK and US should please provide them, intermittently, with biscuits and tea so they can enjoy their protest.
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by truefact: 8:43pm On Dec 06, 2011
Quote from: Sagamite on Today at 08:28:59 PM

well, I havent see 9jarians killing any boko or even the useless police officers, talkless of the corrupt politicians and public officers. I guess you must be  living in another planet, SHUT UP your useless ranting self

AND IF YOU MUST KNOW:

to be frank here, 9ja and 9jarian priority should be
1st of all WHISTLE BLOWING LAW,
2nd LAW AGAINST MISAPPROPRIATION OF PUBLIC FUND
3rd LAW AGAINST ROAD TRAFFIC ( AGAINST BAD DRIVERS, DRINK AND DRIVE ETC)
4th LAW AGAINST POLICE BRUTALITY (HAPPY-TRIGGERING POLICE, ETC)
5th LAW ON PUBLIC OFFICIAL CONDUCT ( PUBLIC OFFICERS SHOULD LIVE BY EXAMPLE before banning Homo)

Even I think Law banning Cult activities in the University should be priority above Law banning Homo.

Is Homo more menace than School Cultism?

i tire for 9ja, NOTE, I would not advocate for a man marrying man, but I cant do anything if two grow man deem it fit to live together as man and wife, yet I will only wonder and admire their courage and motivation, full stop.
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by Sagamite(m): 8:46pm On Dec 06, 2011
truefact:

Quote from: Sagamite on Today at 08:28:59 PM
well, I havent see 9jarians killing any boko or even the useless police officers, talkless of the corrupt politicians and public officers. I guess you must be  living in another planet, SHUT UP your useless ranting self

You are a cretin!

So where did you see them killing poofs before you made your cretinous comparisons?

Fcking ediot!
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by debosky(m): 9:08pm On Dec 06, 2011
KoReS292:

Am i the only one that sees the jackassery in sending man-loving-men to jail? To a jail filled with sexually frustrated men

grin grin grin

They will just give the hom[i]o[/i]se[i]xu[/i]als a chance to convert more folk and thus increase their numbers.

I still maintain this is a distraction - all this outpouring of 'anger' at 7 homosexuals protesting while innumerable ills are committed against Nigerians on a daily basis. Classic case of not being able to see the wood for the trees.

Masterstroke by the Senate though - appeal to Nigerians' inherent 'righteous' or 'religious' nature and you'll get them onside and well distracted. Nevermind the pressing issues facing the nation including Boko Haram, fuel subsidy removal and ASUU strike threatening the future of Nigerian youths.
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by Sagamite(m): 9:14pm On Dec 06, 2011
debosky:

grin grin grin

They will just give the hom[i]o[/i]se[i]xu[/i]als a chance to convert more folk and thus increase their numbers.

I still maintain this is a distraction - all this outpouring of 'anger' at 7 homosexuals protesting while innumerable ills are committed against Nigerians on a daily basis. Classic case of not being able to see the wood for the trees.

Masterstroke by the Senate though - appeal to Nigerians' inherent 'righteous' or 'religious' nature and you'll get them onside and well distracted. Nevermind the pressing issues facing the nation including Boko Haram, fuel subsidy removal and ASUU strike threatening the future of Nigerian youths.

I don't think they have got Nigerians onside.

This legislation will not lead anywhere to Nigerians singing praise or worshiping any Senator.

There will still be equal noise from Nigerians on the pressing issues that affect them, not less.

This is just one of the issues Nigerians have deep hate for and has been satisfied by their electoral representatives. tongue

I don't see anyone complaining that the UK and US are setting pro-poof laws when pressing issues like child-promiscuity, breakdown of families and injustice against men in divorce are prevalent.
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by muyoto: 9:22pm On Dec 06, 2011
publisher:

[size=15pt]POLYGAMY IS A CRIME IN AMERICA. HOMOSEXUALITY IS A CRIME IN NIGERIA.
POLYGAMY IS NOT ACCEPTED IN AMERICAN CULTURE,  HOMOSEXUALITY [/b]IS NOT ACCEPTED IN NIGERIAN CULTURE.
LEGALIZE [b]POLYGAMY
IN AMERICA,[s]THEN maybe WE WILL LEGALIZE [b]HOMOSEXUALITY [/b]IN NIGERIA[/s].[/size]
grin grin grin

I luuuuuuv this!!  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by Sagamite(m): 9:25pm On Dec 06, 2011
muyoto:

I luuuuuuv this!!  cheesy cheesy cheesy

debosky, you see how my arguments are motivating people? cheesy

No more of that lame arguments the West have used for years! grin
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by debosky(m): 9:30pm On Dec 06, 2011
Sagamite:

I don't think they have got Nigerians onside.

This legislation will not lead anywhere to Nigerians singing praise or worshiping any Senator.

There will still be equal noise from Nigerians on the pressing issues that affect them, not less.

This is just one of the issues Nigerians have deep hate for and has been satisfied by their electoral representatives.  tongue

I don't see anyone complaining that the UK and US are setting pro-poof laws when pressing issues like child-promiscuity, breakdown of families and injustice against men in divorce are prevalent.

Heheheh. . . .pro-poof laws indeed.

You know that laws have been passed against child pro-stitution and there are means being used to address some of the other issues.

The point is, when the UK was dealing with serious problems in the past they addressed those before passing the so called pro-poof laws. Why can't we do things in the right order?

All this 'righteous anger' is a waste of time - I don't support their personal choices, but they are that - personal choices. Even with all the so called fears about 'promotion' of homose-xual-ity, majority of the US, UK and others are overwhelmingly heterose-xual.

I for one am opposed to this law - why subject innocent prisoners to indoctrination by butt-forkers for 14 good years? Or are prisoners no longer Nigerians? angry
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by Sagamite(m): 9:44pm On Dec 06, 2011
debosky:

Heheheh. . . .pro-poof laws indeed.

You know that laws have been passed against child pro-stitution and there are means being used to address some of the other issues.

The point is, when the UK was dealing with serious problems in the past they addressed those before passing the so called pro-poof laws. Why can't we do things in the right order?

All this 'righteous anger' is a waste of time - I don't support their personal choices, but they are that - personal choices. Even with all the so called fears about 'promotion' of homose-xual-ity, majority of the US, UK and others are overwhelmingly heterose-xual.

I for one am opposed to this law - why subject innocent prisoners to indoctrination by butt-forkers for 14 good years? Or are prisoners no longer Nigerians?  angry

No 1, there are laws for virtuallly all pressing issues of Nigeria. Application is just the issue.

No 2, application is the issue because of self-interests. You can only change that with voting in the right people. Unfortunately, they have brought Nigeria to its knees to the point that it is the arsewipes that brought it down that will mostly win elections.

Recently:

a) The criminal and thieving Audu was the candidate the ACN put forward for Governorship election in Kogi. This is an arsewipe that has looted the State clean before and our supposedly the most progressive party is the one choosing him.

b) Guess who is the current head of the PDP Elder's Forum in Bayelsa State? A Forum that is influential in determining political appointees? I know you have already guessed. I know you got the right answer. Yes, it is Alamieyesiegha. The same fooool that ran in women's clothing from UK bail and was found guilty of corruption in Nigeria.

So what do you want the people to do when these people win elections? Yet, our cretins voted for an uninspirational cretin to be President and fight their battles.

No 3, one of UK's most pressing problem is the breakdown of their social fibre. I have been saying it for more than 5 years, David Cameron and all the other goons just picked it up this year. There society is in a moral meltdown. They have not addressed it. I have been saying it for YEARS because it is so obvious, the BBC carried this recently:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-15819369

Most of you on NL know what I think about these liberal ediots and how I have been complaining about them for years as the source of the meltdown. This is what the article said: "It is time to take up the drawbridge of the liberal dogma of the past which has left us with the moral abyss of the present."

When I strongly verbalise my wish not to raise my kids like these foools, I bet some people are sitting in their homes raising their noses and calling me "backward" and "bush". grin

No 4, pele to prisoners.  grin
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by NdubuisiChief: 10:14pm On Dec 06, 2011
you gays protesting in USA has no meaning, come down to Naija if really u are a Nigerian. we true Nigerians are disappointed in you guys
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by BetaThings: 10:36pm On Dec 06, 2011
Yes, we are babaric, primitive, backward, uncivlised blah blah
gay.gots and dykes should go and live in civilised prosperous Great(?) Britain

We want our country back
Seriously we need to exterminate these vermins before they grow too large to control
They cannot be more than 50,000
Alan Turing my foot
If we kill Einstein, Planck, Oppenheimer, Newton, Faraday etc in the process, we will get replacements
We are breaking eggs to make Omelette
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by Sagamite(m): 10:37pm On Dec 06, 2011
Some people will say this issue is not important in Nigeria.

Rubbish.

It is an insidious issue we have to be well aware of because once it happens, you will struggle to challenge or overturn it. Most pro-poof people are bigoted, brainwashed and closed minded.

This is how the most circulated paper in London reported a recent award winning. This is the perfect example of the dragooning I have been referring to.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/880206-anti-man-lover-cleric-named-britains-most-inspirational-black-person

[size=18pt]‘Anti-man-lover’ cleric named Britain's most inspirational black person
[/size]

[size=14pt]Agu Irukwu, a controversial pastor who leads an evangelical church, has been voted Britain’s most inspirational black person.[/size]

Agu Irukwu was chosen by 54 per cent of voters in a competition organised by Mayor of London Boris Johnson and Metro.

He was picked from a shortlist that also included US president Barack Obama, former South  African leader Nelson Mandela and US human rights activist Martin Luther King.

Former investment banker Mr Irukwu, senior pastor of Jesus House in London since 1994, has come under fire for his outspoken views on homosexuality.

The married father of three signed a letter sent to a national newspaper, attacking laws which force churches to accept man-lover  people. Mr Johnson, who voted for Muhammad Ali in the poll, has previously been criticised by man-lover rights campaigner Peter Tatchell for accepting Warwick University law graduate Mr Irukwu’s invitation to a carol service.

The competition takes place during Black History Month, which champions black culture, history and heritage, and seeks to recognise the contribution made by black people to Britain.

The country’s first black woman MP, Diane Abbot, Notting Hill Carnival founder Claudia Jones and singer Leona Lewis were also among the 61 candidates shortlisted.

An attempt to inspire outrage against him, not celebrate his award.

Not even a single mention of any of his societal contributions that led to his nomination.

It is a CULTURAL WARFARE!

The only acceptable opinion in the UK is to scream full support and praise of homosexuality. If you go on TV or on record to say you love poofs and believe in supporting them, no one challenges you. If you have an opposing view (even on your RELIGIOUS grounds), you WILL face calumny. You will be tagged as "controversial" and the minority that condemn you will be made to look like a representative majority to further brainwash the foolish kids I see on NL.

We should not tolerate homosexuality or its promotion for a second.

Nigerians, their religious groups and their Senators have done well to tackle this.
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by BetaThings: 10:39pm On Dec 06, 2011
This debate is pointless
You don't debate a rat infestation
You wipe them out before you have a plague on your hands
Those gay.gots are luring young boys into their camp with tons of money
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by xterra2(m): 10:42pm On Dec 06, 2011
Wetin dey worry dem sef ?
7 people wont change the decision
besided they are in New York,USA let them stay there where homosexuality is accepted , make dey no come back
or let them come to Nigeria and protest, the kind beating they go get  lipsrsealed
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by hEvyAlien(m): 10:46pm On Dec 06, 2011
All in all, I think the law against same sex relationships should not stop there. I think there is a need to make illegal acts such as adultery, fornication, lying and disrespect to elders, After all, these are all run contrary to all our major religions and cultural tenants, But why let facts and common sense get in the way of our prejudices.

Some people like their partners fat, some slim, some people like pre-intimacy, some people like old fashioned mating, and some people just like their partners same sex. Why does anyone think it is ok to dictate the sexual preference of consenting adults? Btw does this law make threesomes illegal?

Even if a crime, same sex relationships are victimless. Not victimless however are the corruption, inequality, kidnappings, murder and rape that plague our country, But once again, why let facts get in the way of our prejudices.

I think it is interesting that same sex relationships exist in nature, between animals normally of heterosexual preference, I suggest we rid the world of those too, as well as anyone who does not share our opinions and beliefs, But facts are not important are they?

Nairaland used to be a forum filled with intellectuals when I joined up years ago. Now its dominated by people who respond to opinions to which they don't agree by cursing and insulting.

Tolerance is a pillar for civilised communities. We have a long way to go
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by Ecalos: 10:52pm On Dec 06, 2011
Polygamy is illegal in America and now homosexuality is about to be illegal in Nigeria. I believe the reason for this law being passed is based on moral beliefs, health issues and what is right and wrong depending on one's religious beliefs.

If we argue based on religious beliefs, then I think it will be wonderful if ADULTERY, FORNICATION, DRUNKENNESS, ORGIES, CORRUPTION, BRIBERY, KILLING ETC should be made illegal with a jail term or other consequences placed on them, after all we see that happen in some communities.

If we argue based on health issues (emotional, physical, spiritual health and what not), then I also think ADULTERY, FORNICATION, ORGIES, CORRUPTION, BRIBERY, KILLING ETC should also be made illegal with a jail term placed on them.

No one may agree with me but unless we truly live our lives clear from any of the aforementioned, then I dont think we are any different from a man-loving man or woman loving woman,

Note, I am not saying we should let this slide and be quiet about such a thing as this, but all I am saying is search yourself before raining the most condemning words on another human created by the same God who created you and I. Condemn the act but not the individual and condemn in love not with so much hatred spewing from our lips.
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by sexyliano: 11:43pm On Dec 06, 2011
all gays in nigeria are christian because there religion support it. Ibo culture support it too. Nigeria has no muslim gays and insha Allah, we shall get rid of them someday by force or by deporting all of them back to accursed ibo land.
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by Ecalos: 11:48pm On Dec 06, 2011
sexyliano:

all man-loving-men in nigeria are christian because there religion support it. Ibo culture support it too. Nigeria has no muslim man-loving-men and insha Allah, we shall get rid of them someday by force or by deporting all of them back to accursed ibo land.

That is a rather ignorant and unintelligent statement to make. I am going to just give you the benefit of doubt and assume you were just being sarcastic,
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by sexyliano: 11:58pm On Dec 06, 2011
why am i being sarcastic. check all the picture and tell me if you see any muslim man-lover there. all are christian and mostly ibo or calabar because there religion and culture support ga.ys. i say deport all of them back to iboland or finish them off like hitler did to his haters.
Re: 7 Same-sex Nigerians Demonstrate At Nigerian House In New York by princeonx: 12:12am On Dec 07, 2011
^^
who told you that Igbo culture accept being gay? look like you're one of those tribalistic kihsgklfh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Court Blocks APC From Appointing Ajimobi, Issa-Onilu, Few Hours To NEC Meeting / President Buhari Visits Imo, Receives Chieftaincy, Participates In APC Rally / United States Confirms Sale Of 12 Attack Helicopters, Others To Nigeria For $1bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.