Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,236 members, 7,811,655 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos (22108 Views)

World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos / World Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos / Do You Kow The Largest Church Auditorium In The World Is In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by aloyemeka1: 2:41am On Dec 06, 2011
[size=14pt]World’s largest church inaugurated in Lagos[/size]
on DECEMBER 6, 2011 · in HOMES & PROPERTY

By Sam Eyoboka & Olayinka Latona

After about 25 years of construction work, the multimillion Naira National Temple of The Apostolic Church Nigeria, TAC, touted as the largest church in the world, has been inaugurated in Lagos. Sited at the international ground of the Church in Ketu, the newly dedicated temple has a sitting capacity of 100,000 worshippers at a time.

The new church building

The national president of The Apostolic Church, TAC, and the chairman of LAWNA, Pastor Gabriel Olutola thanked God who enabled them to complete the temple. He described the temple as “The House built with prayer,” stressing that it is a symbol of the church’s unification.

Olutola also used the occasion of the dedication to appreciate the sterling qualities of the pioneer LAWNA chairman, late Pastor Samuel Adegboyega who laid the foundation 25 years ago. He lauded the efforts of the building committee, the national executive council of TAC and all the church members for their financial and spiritual support.

The National President of the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, Pastor Ayo Oritstejafor who dedicated the temple second door, also appreciated God for the success of the project

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/world%E2%80%99s-largest-church-inaugurated-in-lagos/
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by manny4life(m): 2:46am On Dec 06, 2011
Money is working, thank God grin grin grin
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:14am On Dec 06, 2011
waste of land. angry
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by aloyemeka1: 8:13am On Dec 06, 2011
Haters tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 06, 2011
What would Jesus say?
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by folusegun: 9:45am On Dec 06, 2011
Happy to hear this!Thank God!
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by manchy7531: 9:45am On Dec 06, 2011
we seem to be building more churches than schools nowadays in the SW.is it part of endtime??
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by elliottibanga(m): 9:46am On Dec 06, 2011
Hmmmmmm,

100,000 Worshipers x 200 Naira =  grin grin grin

That's some serious return on investment!
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by bigfat02: 9:47am On Dec 06, 2011
[size=15pt]if you need a demo website for your church  , buzz me .are you sure this church is the largest in the world?[/size]
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by chopper(m): 9:53am On Dec 06, 2011
its indeed the largest church in the world, have been observing the construction of this edifice since 1981 when i came to ketu!!!
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by akhis: 9:58am On Dec 06, 2011
Sincerely for me, the church look small to accomodate 100,000 at once except them dey count those wey sit down for outside join.
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by Emmyk(m): 10:01am On Dec 06, 2011
Thank God for His work, it should be listed in Guiness Book of record soon if the claim is true.
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by PupetMasta(m): 10:04am On Dec 06, 2011
In the nearest future, I see that Church auditorium turned into a symphony hall and theater
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:04am On Dec 06, 2011
We should all join together and make plans to demolish this structure as soon as possible. it is a reminder of colionalism and our mental slavery that continues to exist to this day.
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by adconline(m): 10:09am On Dec 06, 2011
Isn't time we had world's largest manufacturing plant or Saudi Aramco's type of company? No nation has ever developed by building mega worshipping places. I read about great industrial revolution every time, I wonder how building mega worshipping centers would go down in history

1 Like

Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by hajifaty: 10:15am On Dec 06, 2011
May God bless this new business centre. Good returns are waiting
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by candylips(m): 10:16am On Dec 06, 2011
what is the capacity of the national stadium sef
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by bashydemy(m): 10:17am On Dec 06, 2011
elliottibanga:

Hmmmmmm,

wowww 20.000.000, in just one service i mean that is the list income in one service. What a lovely business no wonder they are in court figghting over the leader's
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by ibide(m): 10:28am On Dec 06, 2011
I don't think that it is the larges what about winners chapel & T B joshual church ? I do pass throug that place every day even i have going inside to see my friends there i dont agree that it is largest
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by ibide(m): 10:33am On Dec 06, 2011
Must the muslem people react to any progress we make ? How does it affect u if we build the largest church in the world ? Pls ask boro haram to build some musqe for u
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by Kx: 10:38am On Dec 06, 2011
bashy_demy:

wowww 20.000.000, in just one service i mean that is the list income in one service.
How many unemployed graduates will they employ?

While Japan is building factories,
China employing youths in production line,
India thriving in small scale businesses,
Indonesia is massively investing in infrastructures,

THE "GIANT" OF AFRICA IS MAKING NEWS FOR BUILDING LARGE CAPACITY CHURCH AUDITORIUMS.

Not too long ago, TREM opened her large capacity church building
Paul Adefarasins large capacity church building in Lekki is nearing completion.

1 Like

Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by omo9ja1(m): 11:00am On Dec 06, 2011
Good news, I saw that building few years ago, thank God its has been completed,

haters learn from the Christian

how many project FG abandon

if the Govt learn to start a project and complete them Nigeria would have been more a better place
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 11:12am On Dec 06, 2011
That chruch doesn't look like the largest in the world. How exactly did they come to this conclusion?
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by jaybee3(m): 11:15am On Dec 06, 2011
100000*N100*52 = ?
Why crackabrain about business ideas
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by igbo2011(m): 11:16am On Dec 06, 2011
instead of building schools, hospitals, and infrastructure we build churches so we can pray for better schools, hospitals, and infrastructure. SMH
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by youngmonie: 11:20am On Dec 06, 2011
igbo2011:

instead of building schools, hospitals, and infrastructure we build churches so we can pray for better schools, hospitals, and infrastructure. SMH

Boi they finally finished this church , as long as i cn remember that construction has been goin on since when I was still in primary school, done wiv uni now!!, boi that a long time, since the abacha days that building has been standing there
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by drstan(m): 11:26am On Dec 06, 2011
Human need can neva b satisfied, this is church nd nt FG project, what conceren them with building school nd factories, ar they govment body? We no how king solomon build a wondaful temple 4 d lord, decorated with Gold , nd u haters if u like cal it busines centre, if e pain una make una go build una own. Dummys.
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by Ninapha(f): 11:29am On Dec 06, 2011
igbo2011:

my brother dont give them ideas oo.  Now they would build school and hospitals that are so expensive and the church members cant even afford to attend the school even though they contributed money for the building.  At least every one is free to sit in this "world's largest church".  Congrates! AP
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by alex406(m): 11:33am On Dec 06, 2011
I pray they divert part of their income to assisting the low level people around.Its not all about building church but hw will it assist in bringing peopl cloe to God and helping less priviledged ones.
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by dustydee: 11:38am On Dec 06, 2011
elliottibanga:

Hmmmmmm,

but yet we have stadium that can sit more than a hundred thousand people who pay more than 200 naira to enter but you won't complain. By the way it's not compulsory to give or is it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm / Guru Maharaj Ji Calls For Prosecution Of Sheikh Gumi For Negotiating With Bandit / 5 Things That God's Anointing Cannot Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.