Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Are Nigerian Christians Intimidated By Muslim "hijab"? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Nigerian Christians Intimidated By Muslim "hijab"? (1026 Views)

Funny Questions Nigerian Christians Ask Atheists.. / An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians / Nigerian Christians Open Hostility Against Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerian Christians Intimidated By Muslim "hijab"? by maasoap(m): 11:18am On Dec 06, 2011
I've observed this trend for some time that each time the use of hijab by Muslim women is raised, Nigerian Christians always opposed it with everything they have. The question is why? Use of hijab by Muslim women is not a form of preaching or worshipping in those places, it's just in conformity with how Islam says Muslim women should "dress". What is happening now in Iwo, Osun State reminds me of how Nigerian Christians fought and lost battle against the use of hijab by Nigerian Muslim nurses in public hospitals. How on earth would a State's law directly protect Christians and at the same time directly against Muslim? Okay, what is the meaning of this? "The rights of Christians who attend non-Christian schools should be protected" while there is nothing like "the rights of Muslims who attend non-Muslim school should also be protected". Are we implying that Muslims have no rights to be protected? The law even states that the use of hijab shouldn't be allowed in Christian owned schools which totally wrong. Not only that, they even regard public sec schools that bear Christian names as Christian owned schools just because they were formerly owned by Christians. Call me whatever names that suites you, two things are clear to me here: 1. Nigerian Christians are intimidated by Muslim hijab, 2. This state's law really is against Muslim's rights.
Re: Are Nigerian Christians Intimidated By Muslim "hijab"? by lepasharon(f): 1:50pm On Dec 06, 2011
well can you blame them after everything you muslims are doing
Re: Are Nigerian Christians Intimidated By Muslim "hijab"? by theseeker2: 3:40pm On Dec 06, 2011
Its just plain hypocrisy. Even when the holiest of their holiest- the Nuns, don the same hijab.
The resentment is out of jelousy for what they cannot be
Re: Are Nigerian Christians Intimidated By Muslim "hijab"? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 06, 2011
I just find it backward and hypocritical , that's all. shocked

(1) (Reply)

www.babefishing.com: The Nigerian Free Dating Site, To Find Nigerian Free Match. / Is Devil Rulling This World? / What Is The Difference Between Boko Haram And Bishop Oyedepo Slapping That Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.