Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Tell Me Your Employer, I'll Tell You How Poor You Are. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Tell Me Your Employer, I'll Tell You How Poor You Are. (1912 Views)

... Was Sacked For Not Dancing To 'shake Body'... Now An Employer Of Labour / What Does It Mean If Your Employer Is Advertising For Your Position / My Employer Wants Me To Come To His Church Or Be Fired (advice) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Me Your Employer, I'll Tell You How Poor You Are. by lati23: 12:26pm On Dec 06, 2011
There are very many big names in various industries in Nigeria, from those in Oil and gas to the telecommunication industry, ICT and the banking industry.
It is the norm for the HR departments of every organization to plead for confidentiality in matters that concern salary and remuneration.
They go out of their way to brainwash employees not to reveal their take home to each other or to the public all in the name of confidentiality too.
It is my desire as well as that of millions of Nigerians out there to find out the annual take home of staff of different organizations.
This will open a can of worms but at the same time guide everyone on the choice of organizations to choose in their quest for the proverbial Golden Fleece.
It will also guide those of us who have sojourned abroad for UK degrees, MBA in American Universities and intend coming home to start a career.
Or those of us who have worked for a while abroad and intend returning home to settle down.
Let’s know how well these reputable organizations pay.
Let’s have an idea of the incentives associated with some jobs and the allowances attached to them.
Let’s do it in this form:

Example:-
“DANBABA” Nigeria Plc - N 522,000 (Five hundred and twenty two thousand naira). Entry level
N850, 000 (Eight hundred and fifty thousand naira). Officer Level
N1, 000,000 (One million naira) Supervisor
N1, 500,000 (One million five hundred thousand naira only) Manager Level

In essence let’s understand what you’re enjoying with your present employer.
Why you’d rather not be elsewhere.
Re: Tell Me Your Employer, I'll Tell You How Poor You Are. by lati23: 12:29pm On Dec 06, 2011
smiley
Re: Tell Me Your Employer, I'll Tell You How Poor You Are. by itaka: 12:47pm On Dec 06, 2011
flour mills of nigeria plc
Re: Tell Me Your Employer, I'll Tell You How Poor You Are. by lati23: 1:57pm On Dec 06, 2011
itaka:

flour mills of nigeria plc

Do you work for free Sir?
Re: Tell Me Your Employer, I'll Tell You How Poor You Are. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 06, 2011
lati23:

There are very many big names in various industries in Nigeria, from those in Oil and gas to the telecommunication industry, ICT and the banking industry.
It is the norm for the HR departments of every organization to plead for confidentiality in matters that concern salary and remuneration.
They go out of their way to brainwash employees not to reveal their take home to each other or to the public all in the name of confidentiality too.
It is my desire as well as that of millions of Nigerians out there to find out the annual take home of staff of different organizations.
This will open a can of worms but at the same time guide everyone on the choice of organizations to choose in their quest for the proverbial Golden Fleece.
It will also guide those of us who have sojourned abroad for UK degrees, MBA in American Universities and intend coming home to start a career.
Or those of us who have worked for a while abroad and intend returning home to settle down.
Let’s know how well these reputable organizations pay.
Let’s have an idea of the incentives associated with some jobs and the allowances attached to them.
Let’s do it in this form:

Example:-
“DANBABA” Nigeria Plc - N 522,000 (Five hundred and twenty two thousand naira). Entry level
N850, 000 (Eight hundred and fifty thousand naira). Officer Level
N1, 000,000 (One million naira) Supervisor
N1, 500,000 (One million five hundred thousand naira only) Manager Level

In essence let’s understand what you’re enjoying with your present employer.
Why you’d rather not be elsewhere.

You don't know that aside these few positions there are the very down throden in some industries.
They call them "Casual staff".
Theres another section of individuals in some industries that are called "Contract staff".
These people earn a little above the minimum wage.
They have no access to medicals.
They don't earn overtime or travel allowance.
They don't get annual bonus or thirteenth month.
Maybe we should start from there.

Oando plc CONTRACT STAFF: 35,000 NAIRA
MRS Oil CONTRACT STAFF: 39,500 NAIRA
Flour mills of Nigeria CASUAL STAFF 18,500 NAIRA
DANGOTE pasta: 12,350 NAIRA etc etc etc
That's how rich staff of those firms all are.

grin
Re: Tell Me Your Employer, I'll Tell You How Poor You Are. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 06, 2011
lati23:

Do you work for free Sir?

@lati23: Of course you can also work for free to attain a level of experience as a per-requisite for jobs in the Nigerian labor market.
Re: Tell Me Your Employer, I'll Tell You How Poor You Are. by lati23: 2:52pm On Dec 07, 2011
;d

(1) (Reply)

Summer Grants For Africans in ICT / 13 Reasons You Are Not Successful As You Should Be. / Police Recruitment: Names Of Successful Candidates From Benue [see Full List]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.