Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Tithe. Am I On The Right Track Pls? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe. Am I On The Right Track Pls? (1259 Views)

Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? / To Tithe or Not to Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithe. Am I On The Right Track Pls? by Talkyaown: 4:26pm On Dec 06, 2011
There's something i do occasionally with my tithes that i want true believers to advice me on. Assuming i have 130,000 as my monthly income, which makes my tithe 13,000, and my church or a department (e.g youth) of another church calls me about a donation they want from me and i decide to add another 7,000 to my 13,000 tithe and then pay the total sum to my church or the youth department (i.e 20,000). Can it be said that I've just faithfully paid my tithe?
Re: Tithe. Am I On The Right Track Pls? by ogajim(m): 5:08pm On Dec 06, 2011
Where is it written in the Bible that Christians are required to tithe as a MANDATE?
This topic has been beaten on NL for ages, you can go with your FREE WILL offering/giving but the tithe as preached today is a SCAM and you will be short based on how they preach it because they expect you to bring it to where you worship.

Remove tithe from today's preaching and 98% of pastors will seek "better" jobs!
Re: Tithe. Am I On The Right Track Pls? by Talkyaown: 5:15pm On Dec 06, 2011
okay
Re: Tithe. Am I On The Right Track Pls? by damipaul(m): 8:34am On Dec 07, 2011
mmmh, , I can't tell u if u'r right or wrong. Morally speaking, u should've paid ur 13000 tithe and pay the 7000 as ur donation to the programme, instead of giving an impression that you've contributed 20000 for the program
Re: Tithe. Am I On The Right Track Pls? by HISchild: 1:18pm On Dec 07, 2011
@op,

humbly, you're better off using most of your tithe money to buy holy Bibles and giving them to those that don't have, as well as distributing the rest of the money to the poor. (1 Peter 4:17).

We tithe at least 10% of our income, however, we, by GOD's grace, tithe our entire being. - "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service." - Rom 12:1
Re: Tithe. Am I On The Right Track Pls? by Talkyaown: 3:11pm On Dec 27, 2011
k.
Re: Tithe. Am I On The Right Track Pls? by PastorKun(m): 3:31pm On Dec 27, 2011
Talkyaown:

There's something i do occasionally with my tithes that i want true believers to advice me on. Assuming i have 130,000 as my monthly income, which makes my tithe 13,000, and my church or a department (e.g youth) of another church calls me about a donation they want from me and i decide to add another 7,000 to my 13,000 tithe and then pay the total sum to my church or the youth department (i.e 20,000). Can it be said that I've just faithfully paid my tithe?

In the first place as a christian, you are not mandated or oblidged to tithe. Tithing based on income as it is preached and practised today is found no where in the bible. Today's version of tithing is man made derived from a deceitful manipuilation of the bible to extort money on a regular basis from believers. As a christian, give as you purposein your heart not out of compulsion and god would bless you richly.
Re: Tithe. Am I On The Right Track Pls? by Nimshi: 6:43am On Dec 28, 2011
Plenty good advice here. . . no compulsion to tithe, no compulsion to give . . but:

1) Is the assumption that 130,000 is your post-tax income? If not,

2) How much of the assumed 130,000 do you pay in taxes? Taxes are mandatory; tithes are not.

Re: Tithe. Am I On The Right Track Pls? by mabell: 10:07am On Dec 28, 2011
Talkyaown:

Well firstly, your tithe is 10% of your income to God
Malachi 3:10
"Bring one-tenth of your income into the storehouse so that there may be food in my house. Test me in this way," says the LORD of Armies. "See if I won't open the windows of heaven for you and flood you with blessings.

From the above scriptures, it is obvious that God demanded for it. Of all your increase, that is Gods compulsory portion. When you do this, God literarily pours out all the blessings on you, no holding back. Every hurt is removed from your way.

Now a donation is a donation. It is different from your tithes or offerings. You give your offerings, thanksgiving seeds, pledges e.t.c as freewill givings to God. The donation you added to your tithe ended up being your donation and not your
tithe. Though you are blessed for that giving, you err in your tithing thereby disobeying God.
Re: Tithe. Am I On The Right Track Pls? by Joagbaje(m): 10:42am On Dec 28, 2011
mabell:

Every hurt is removed from your way.

I may not agree with this statement.

If God says he will rebuke the devourer ,it has to do with waste and losses. That means wisdom and discretion will work in your life. But if you say "Every hurt" I think it may be misunderstood .
Re: Tithe. Am I On The Right Track Pls? by oloriooko(m): 9:00pm On Jan 06, 2012
@ poster.

how can you come to this type of forum to ask about what you are supposed to ask your Pastor? Or you do not have a Pastor?

want to know the hard truth? your tithe or not, it DOES NOT stop the church from moving forward and prospering! but you will see the difference if you stop tithing; its not palatable my friend shocked shocked shocked
Re: Tithe. Am I On The Right Track Pls? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:06pm On Jan 06, 2012
poor foolish victims. sad

(1) (Reply)

Female Taliban Suicide Bomber Hates The Idea Of Virgins In Heaven / Should Churches Be Paying Tax. / Alert!!!!!!!!hell Is Expanding...revelation..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.