Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,311 members, 7,822,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Buying Electronics From Abroad? Is It Worth It? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Buying Electronics From Abroad? Is It Worth It? (1408 Views)

Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) / Living In Lagos, Is It Worth It? / Life Abroad: Is It Worth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying Electronics From Abroad? Is It Worth It? by niyooo(m): 12:25pm On Dec 07, 2011
Hi folks,

Don't know where else to post this but I just want to find out from those that know. Does it make sense getting electronics from abroad? Will Nigeria customs not disturb the person at the airports? By electronics, I mean personal stuff for myself and not for sale. Stuff like TV, Home theater etc. Your thoughts and advise would be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Buying Electronics From Abroad? Is It Worth It? by niyooo(m): 12:54pm On Dec 07, 2011
Still waiting.
Re: Buying Electronics From Abroad? Is It Worth It? by blank(f): 7:14pm On Dec 08, 2011
They will disturb u but u can settle them.
Re: Buying Electronics From Abroad? Is It Worth It? by niyooo(m): 10:44pm On Dec 08, 2011
Ok. Thanks. Will try my luck
Re: Buying Electronics From Abroad? Is It Worth It? by FASTLINK1: 12:44pm On Dec 09, 2011
Hello, once they are not contraband items, there's no problem, you only have to pay the appropriate custom dutties and that depend on the prices of the items, which you can do yourself some little good by having relatively low prices written on the receipts.
Re: Buying Electronics From Abroad? Is It Worth It? by wanaj0: 9:16pm On Dec 09, 2011
FAST-LINK:

Hello, once they are not contraband items, there's no problem, you only have to pay the appropriate custom dutties and that depend on the prices of the items, which you can do yourself some little good by having relatively low prices written on the receipts.

IDEALLY, if you are not buying for sale (maybe one pieces each), you are not expected to pay custom duties because they can be classified as your personal effect especially if you have stayed 'long' abroad. However, knowing Nigerians, everyone will be looking to extort money from you tongue
Re: Buying Electronics From Abroad? Is It Worth It? by niyooo(m): 12:40pm On Dec 13, 2011
Thanks for your contribution guys. I'll let you know how it goes.

(1) (Reply)

Neco Certificate 2008 Nov/dec For Travelling Purpose / Nigerian Billionaire Floats Airline In Swaziland / Passport/Visa Application Held For Three Months, and Counting by France Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.