Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,747 members, 7,831,382 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Woman Arrested In Place Of Husband, Dies In Custody - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Woman Arrested In Place Of Husband, Dies In Custody (645 Views)

FFK: Hell Will Let Loose If El-zakzaky, Kanu Or Dasuki Is Murdered In Custody / Man, Dressed As Woman Arrested In N'djamena (photos) / Boko Haram Member Dressed As Woman Arrested In Yola By Soldiers (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Woman Arrested In Place Of Husband, Dies In Custody by aloyemeka1: 4:02pm On Dec 07, 2011
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
[size=14pt]Woman arrested in place of husband, dies in custody[/size]

Written by Eniola Akinkuotu

When two policemen came to arrest 48-year-old Mrs. Kemi Ojo in her home on October 24, 2011, she thought it would only require her to make a statement at the police station and return home to her children.

[img]http://odili.net/news/source/2011/dec/6/punch/images/6a822a775ade532dd8fbfe39f02098d5_L[1].jpg[/img]
Kemi Ojo

But the arrest turned out tragic. She did not live to tell the story of what transpired at the station. Besides, neither her relatives nor children went with her when she was arrested.

“It’s sad that those who have sworn to protect lives and property are the ones making our lives a living hell,” one of her children, Feyisayo, told PUNCH METRO amidst tears.

It was gathered that a day before the tragic incident, Kemi was arrested by the policemen attached to the Adeniji Adele Police Division, Lagos.

Feyisayo, 20, said the family later discovered that the policemen had no right to arrest her mother in the first place.

She said, “My father, Olaoluwa, is a car dealer. He had previously been involved in a business transaction with his partners, Messrs Sanni and Adedokun. They sold a particular car and the ideal thing was to share the profit.

“Unfortunately, the person that the profit was kept with absconded with the money and this caused friction between him and Adedokun.

“All efforts to get the money back proved abortive and Adedokun came to our house to issue threats, saying that he would get my father and Sanni into trouble if they did not give him his share of the money.”

Feyisayo said on October 24, Adedokun brought two policemen around midnight to arrest her father but he was not at home. So, the policemen resorted to arresting her mother in his stead.

She said, “Around 11:15pm, just immediately after saying our evening prayers, we heard a bang on the door and immediately we opened it, we saw the policemen and Adedokun.

“My elder brother asked to see their identity cards and they presented themselves as Inspector Hamza and Jide. I don’t know Jide’s rank.

“When they did not see my father, they arrested my mother in his stead and told us that they were going to detain her until my father showed up.”

www.punch.ng
Re: Woman Arrested In Place Of Husband, Dies In Custody by isalegan2: 4:55pm On Dec 07, 2011
Bogus link. This is a serious issue. I went to Punch website but am short of time to locate the story.

Please fix the link. angry sad

(1) (Reply)

Export! / For How Long Will Nigeria Remain Like This ? / Is Mrs Iweala's Ambitions Becoming Our Headache

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.