Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

*~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! - Nairaland / General (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! (24615 Views)

Poll: Who Deserves To Be Nairaland's Moderator Of The Year 2011?

Inspired_M: 40% (78 votes)
OAM4J: 44% (86 votes)
Jarus: 15% (30 votes)
This poll has ended

*~Fynestboi Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2013 *~ Congratulations!!! / Apology To Jarus And OAM4J / Happy Birthday Oam4j! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by GeorgeD1(m): 9:08am On Jan 01, 2012
in the spirit of the new year, our team of lawyers have decided to withdraw the appeal
earlier lodged with the courts.

we congratulate oam4j on his victory and look forward to another keen contest this year.

let the race begin!
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by Katsumoto: 4:53pm On Jan 01, 2012
inspired_m:

[b]In the Spirit of Good Sportsmanship, I want to Congratulate OAM4J.

I am Extremely Humbled to have been nominated as Moderator of the Year given my Very Short Span of Being a Moderator.

I was Not the Likeliest Moderator to have been Nominated alongside Other Fantastic Moderators and I am Grateful to members Who took Out their Time to Nominate and Vote The Inspired Brand
( It was Fun while it lasted )

The Autos Section Is Arguably the Section that generates the Highest Income On Nairaland, In this Ending Year We have Sold Vehicles Worth Over 2 Billion Naira.

An Estimated 5 Million Naira Exchange Hands DAILY on the Autos Section Between Buyers and Sellers in Nigeria and Diaspora.

We Have Provided a Safe Haven for Auto Dealers and Sellers to Advertise Cars, We have also Given Out the Best Deals to Buyers/Members of the Forum alike.

We Have a  Pool of Automobile Experts that has given Auto Related Solutions and Diagnosis to all and Sundry Free Of Charge.

Myself and My Co Moderators have taken Our time to Weed out Scammers and Sanitize the Section to Restore Buyers Confidence.

Given the Current Political Instability in Our Country, The Politics section may Seem to have the Highest Traffic from afar, But in the Real Sense Of it, The Autos Section Is the Highest Visited Section By REAL Men Of Substance.

I wish to thank everyone who has Contributed In a way to Our Success on the Autos Section, We Promise to Continue to Make the Autos Section the Best Online Auto-mart in Africa.

Have a Wonderful New Year 2012 and God Bless.

Cheers

Inspired_m ( Moderator, Nairaland Autos Section )
[/b]

Wow

You are right; selling cars and making money are the most important things in life.
We should not be concerned about kids in the education section who want advice on their education
we should not be concerned about graduates, workers, and other job seekers who want career advice in the Careers section
we shouldn't be concerned about people who want advice in the family sections
Damn we shouldn't even be concerned about people looking health advice in the sections

We shouldn't be concerned about the above sections and other sections that provide satisfaction to others in one form or the other simply because the auto section is allegedly, in your words, the most profitable section in Nairaland. Even that is very debatable simply because houses and land cost way more than cars but I digress.

Do people buy cars just for the sake of buying cars or do they do so because they want to get about their business? They want to go to work, to school, to church/mosque, to the hospital, to the cinema, to restaurants, to hotels, etc I agree that some cars bring joy to a person when you are driving them but that's as far as it goes. Cars and money do not bring any real satisfaction to a human being. There are many Nigerians without cars and they still manage to live life, have a good time, raise their kids and provide them an education.

That you make some money of Nairaland does not mean that others are not making money. Most people with access to the Internet are comfortable, it may be relative, but they are comfortable. I am not particularly concerned about these awards on NL but I had to write something because you not only alluded to selling cars being the most important thing in life you ludicrously stated that REAL men only visit the Auto section. Do people buy cars every day? Are you aware that there are many rich and corrupt politicians in the Politics section? Do you think they would sleep in the Auto section of Nairaland, even if they wanted to buy a car, or they would visit the politics section to discuss politics? This is just an example. There are very comfortable people in other sections as well.

Why am I writing these words? To simply tell you not to expect others to judge life based on your values of making money and selling cars. I wouldn't even have expected someone that was making so much REAL money to be interested in some mickey mouse award.

Have a happy new year.

@Seun and Mukina
Please introduce armed robbery, prostitution, and 419 sections to Nairaland so that next year, the Auto section can have some competition with regards to making REAL money. angry
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by olawalebabs(m): 8:15pm On Jan 01, 2012
Kat, that is really interesting. yahoo yahoo section should always be given consideration
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by Emeka72(m): 9:07pm On Jan 01, 2012
I am suggesting dat there should be a trash section on dis forum so dat any topic dat is opened in wrong sections can be transferred there by d moderotors
but only Seun § mukina2 can either send dose topics to d right sectns or entirely delete it from d forum.
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by inspiredm(m): 12:01am On Jan 02, 2012
Katsumoto:

Wow

You are right; selling cars and making money are the most important things in life.
We should not be concerned about kids in the education section who want advice on their education
we should not be concerned about graduates, workers, and other job seekers who want career advice in the Careers section
we shouldn't be concerned about people who want advice in the family sections
Damn we shouldn't even be concerned about people looking health advice in the sections

We shouldn't be concerned about the above sections and other sections that provide satisfaction to others in one form or the other simply because the auto section is allegedly, in your words, the most profitable section in Nairaland. Even that is very debatable simply because houses and land cost way more than cars but I digress.

Do people buy cars just for the sake of buying cars or do they do so because they want to get about their business? They want to go to work, to school, to church/mosque, to the hospital, to the cinema, to restaurants, to hotels, etc I agree that some cars bring joy to a person when you are driving them but that's as far as it goes. Cars and money do not bring any real satisfaction to a human being. There are many Nigerians without cars and they still manage to live life, have a good time, raise their kids and provide them an education.

That you make some money of Nairaland does not mean that others are not making money. Most people with access to the Internet are comfortable, it may be relative, but they are comfortable. I am not particularly concerned about these awards on NL but I had to write something because you not only alluded to selling cars being the most important thing in life you ludicrously stated that REAL men only visit the Auto section. Do people buy cars every day? Are you aware that there are many rich and corrupt politicians in the Politics section? Do you think they would sleep in the Auto section of Nairaland, even if they wanted to buy a car, or they would visit the politics section to discuss politics? This is just an example. There are very comfortable people in other sections as well.

Why am I writing these words? To simply tell you not to expect others to judge life based on your values of making money and selling cars. I wouldn't even have expected someone that was making so much REAL money to be interested in some mickey mouse award.

Have a happy new year.

@Seun and Mukina
Please introduce armed robbery, prostitution, and 419 sections to Nairaland so that next year, the Auto section can have some competition with regards to making REAL money.  angry

[b]Katsumoto,

I understand that there is dearth of Intellectual discussion, and the Quality of reasoning are at an all time low, But I will dignify your Post with a Response Because your post reads a bit reasonably composed save for the last paragraph of your epistle addressed to the Admin.

While Some People Have seen the Reason The Autos Section is Highly Represented and is Trending, its seems you are still wet behind the ears.

The Whole Tactic / game-plan here was to Create a Publicity Stunt for the Autos Section so as to Bring Further Exposure, Not Primarily to chase a Prize-less Award.

I know quite a Number of People Who dont Post Outside their Favorite Section(s) Different people With Different Interests, That Im not Interested in Food or Phone Section for example doesn't mean those Sections are Not Equally Important, Just that my Interests Dont Lie there.

If I assert that The REAL MEN of Substance Visit the Autos Section. ( That may just be an Implicit advertisement or Marketing Gimmick for the Autos section ) .
It may sound Ludicrous or Preposterous to you, But its My Theory and you dont have to agree With it.

In Imperial Advertising, GLOBACOM can say Use Glo network to make Calls and Glo With Pride, it does not in any way mean MTN & others are Not Equally Good, its simply a marketing stunt.

Someone who got a Job or Bought a House from the Jobs or Property Section May Share the same View , To them that section may be the Best, It does not in any way denigrate the other sections You think are equally Important.

Many Unemployed and Underemployed Youths are now Middlemen Who advertise Cars for sale on Nairaland. To them, No Section is Better on Here than Autos.
Many Family have been saved by the Free VIN Checks We offer On the Autos Section against buying Badly Accidented Cars, to them The Autos Section is the Best Place to be.
Many People have got fantastic deals and Free Auto Guidelines. To them, It couldn't have been better anywhere else.

The Autos Section is the ONLY Section on Nairaland With THREE (3) Moderators On Check, Several Millions Of Naira exchange hands daily between many people which arguably again makes it the Most sensitive Section.

If I Conclude that the Autos Section Generates the Highest Income and is the Best Section On Nairaland, Its My opinion, I'm entitled to it and IT DOES NOT in anyway relegate other sections, Not a War or Superiority of sections. Again, It might be just another Statement meant to drive more traffic to the Autos Section, Depends on how you choose to see it.

Your Suggestion to the Admin to Create another Section For Autos Section is rather late, A dedicated Website EXCLUSIVELY for Nairaland Autos Section Dealers Already Exists.
You can Visit www.nairacardealers.com Where all Dealers that deal on Nairaland Autos Section are EXCLUSIVELY highlighted.

When another High Traffic Section Enjoys that Privilege/Honor, Let me Know.  tongue

Happy New Year.[/b]

Cheers,
Inspired_m

NB : If you Choose to Pursue further Reasonable Discussions on this Subject, You are Free and we can learn from each other, But if they are Riddled with Scurrility and Derisive Heckling, I will Let it go. Time is too Valuable to be wasted on Cyber Cat Fights.
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by ifyalways(f): 12:47am On Jan 02, 2012
Wow @ Katsumoto.That was quite something!

Congrats OAM4girls.
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by OAM4J: 2:47am On Jan 02, 2012
inspired_m:

[b]In the Spirit of Good Sportsmanship, I want to Congratulate OAM4J.

I am Extremely Humbled to have been nominated as Moderator of the Year given my Very Short Span of Being a Moderator.

I was Not the Likeliest Moderator to have been Nominated alongside Other Fantastic Moderators and I am Grateful to members Who took Out their Time to Nominate and Vote The Inspired Brand
( It was Fun while it lasted )

The Autos Section Is Arguably the Section that generates the Highest Income On Nairaland, In this Ending Year We have Sold Vehicles Worth Over 2 Billion Naira.

An Estimated 5 Million Naira Exchange Hands DAILY on the Autos Section Between Buyers and Sellers in Nigeria and Diaspora.

We Have Provided a Safe Haven for Auto Dealers and Sellers to Advertise Cars, We have also Given Out the Best Deals to Buyers/Members of the Forum alike.

We Have a  Pool of Automobile Experts that has given Auto Related Solutions and Diagnosis to all and Sundry Free Of Charge.

Myself and My Co Moderators have taken Our time to Weed out Scammers and Sanitize the Section to Restore Buyers Confidence.

Given the Current Political Instability in Our Country, The Politics section may Seem to have the Highest Traffic from afar, But in the Real Sense Of it, The Autos Section Is the Highest Visited Section By REAL Men Of Substance.

I wish to thank everyone who has Contributed In a way to Our Success on the Autos Section, We Promise to Continue to Make the Autos Section the Best Online Auto-mart in Africa.

Have a Wonderful New Year 2012 and God Bless.

Cheers

Inspired_m ( Moderator, Nairaland Autos Section )
[/b]

Thank you chairman. We are all winners. Just BTW, I became a mod after you, so I have a shorter span of being a moderator and you are still my senior for 'moderatorship'  grin

I like your marketing strategy and promo for auto session, but politics section own no be promo o, no be say "it seems to have the Highest Traffic from afar", na [b]fact [/b]say we generate the highest traffic for Nairaland, hence we make the highest money for Nairaland/Seun. if you doubt me, check the number of threads that make the home page from politics section daily or simply ask olori-oko himself (Seun) or madam Mukina2, they have the figures.  cool

And when it comes to winning elections like this one, it is not by perceived "REAL Men Of Substance" but by numbers, facts on the ground and good strategy  cool cheesy

Anyways like you said it was fun while it lasted.  cheesy

Cheers.

OAM4J
Moderator of Politics Section: The highest traffic generating section for Nairaland  cool
& The reigning Nairaland Moderator of the year  cool

vanity upon vanity, this should be my last post on this ish cheesy

ifyalways:

Wow @ Katsumoto.That was quite something!

Congrats OAM4girls.

Thank you my dear Ifyalways and congratulations too for winning the Culture Poster of the Year.

Finally, finally . . . I wish to dedicate this award to [size=15pt]Fayimora[/size] - this guy transformed a dead, stinking, spammer haven section into a beauty for programmers
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by Fayimora(m): 5:27am On Jan 02, 2012
WOW! Thanks a lot OAM4J. I appreciate !
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by EfeEkarume(m): 5:46am On Jan 02, 2012
Who won the Nairaland moderator of the century?
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by GeorgeD1(m): 2:58pm On Jan 02, 2012
inspired_m has spoken. at least my toyota suv is proof of what the autos section can do!

ride on bros, nothing do you! smiley
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 02, 2012
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by Odunnu: 7:41pm On Jan 02, 2012
If it were not for my section, I bet we wont be communicating. There would be no platform to meet and have this cyber flexing.
My section is the most important and boasts of an unlimited flow of scammers. Lol.
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by Emeka72(m): 8:13pm On Jan 02, 2012
See moderators boasting abt thier sectns. I even think a sectn is missing on dis forum i.e. Agriculture sectn.
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by olawalebabs(m): 8:34pm On Jan 02, 2012
Interesting, am enjoying this 'my section better pass your own'. Let's see what Emeka has to say about the section he 'champion', Daniluv about jokes, jarus about politics
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by Jarus(m): 10:48pm On Jan 02, 2012
Proud to be the moderator of the largest section in the largest online forum in Africa.

The moderator of Politics section of Nairaland is bigger than the administrators of other Nigerian forums put together.

Mere mention of my position as moderator of Nairaland Politics has opened doors for me in real world.

Who else can boast of this(save for my partner, of course)? Lol
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by Emeka72(m): 1:51am On Jan 03, 2012
I love d Forum Games sectn because it is d sectn dat unites all 9ralanders + it is d most competitive section on d Forum. contesting in dat sectn alone is very competitive.
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by Odunnu: 4:17am On Jan 03, 2012
Jarus:

Proud to be the moderator of the largest section in the largest online forum in Africa.

The moderator of Politics section of Nairaland is bigger than the administrators of other Nigerian forums put together.

Mere mention of my position as moderator of Nairaland Politics has opened doors for me in real world.

Who else can boast of this(save for my partner, of course)? Lol
. . .and here I was, thinking of what to include in my resumé.
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by ifyalways(f): 4:45am On Jan 03, 2012
^Bia madam,been glancing at your siggy at every opportunity.Hope you know there's a range of perfume called "Class" and don't tell me you are doing paid advertising for them.LOL

@Topic,my mercedez is bigger than yours.
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by Odunnu: 5:04am On Jan 03, 2012
Hehehehehehehe.
É ma ajo akwukwo nwa.
Have you been to Dubai recently?
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by Jarus(m): 8:27am On Jan 03, 2012
Odunnu:

. . .and here I was, thinking of what to include in my resumé.

lol. abeg include am o grin grin
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by ifyalways(f): 12:12pm On Jan 03, 2012
Odunnu:

Hehehehehehehe.
É ma ajo akwukwo nwa.
Have you been to Dubai recently?
lol.Is mid last year "recent" enough?

Who wan carry me go Dubai?Dayo wey dey use ruler measure yam,Agaba that counts meat in the soup pot abi Pres-elect that gets me panties from garage sales

I'm upgrading dis year to loaded guys jare,no more dulling with chewing gum boys-2-men.
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by OAM4J: 12:55pm On Jan 03, 2012
ifyalways:

Who wan carry me go Dubai?Dayo wey dey use ruler measure yam,Agaba that counts meat in the soup pot abi Pres-elect that gets me panties from garage sales

I'm upgrading dis year to loaded guys jare,no more dulling with chewing gum boys-2-men.

Upgrade to Inspired_m, you will be inspired and your life will never be the same again cool

Inspired_m. am doing a promo for you now o. you owe me one. cheesy
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by ifyalways(f): 5:57pm On Jan 03, 2012
I'm humbled.
Moderator of the millenuim trying to hook me up?This year's gonna be a good one!

Abeg,would he give me an EOD @ first date?Buy me choice properties @ VGC on recieveing the first kiss?If yes,jor nitori Olorun give me his house address,office address,YIM,BB,skype and phone numbers.No dulling!
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by inspiredm(m): 9:44pm On Jan 03, 2012
OAM4J:

Upgrade to Inspired_m, you will be inspired and your life will never be the same again  cool

Inspired_m. am doing a promo for you now o. you owe me one. cheesy

Chairman, I Owe you Big time !!!

Let me Know when you need that Range Rover, I go give you Massive Discount, Infact I go add Custom Plates Join for u.
wink   ABUJA OAM4J  cheesy
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by Jarus(m): 10:26pm On Jan 03, 2012
Oga, when are you delivering my Pathfinder too?
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by inspiredm(m): 11:39pm On Jan 03, 2012
Jarus:

Oga, when are you delivering my Pathfinder too?

The Boss, I remain Loyal.

The Pathfinder is Chillin Sir, Im Waiting for Further Directive From you Sir.
wink
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by OAM4J: 12:29am On Jan 04, 2012
ifyalways:

I'm humbled.
Moderator of the millenuim trying to hook me up?This year's gonna be a good one!

Abeg,would he give me an EOD @ first date?Buy me  choice properties @ VGC on recieveing the first kiss?If yes,jor nitori Olorun give me his house address,office address,YIM,BB,skype and phone numbers.No dulling!

EOD ke? angry I cast the spirit of poverty out of you now now, Amen! Now ask for better thing abeg. Na Inspired_m trainees dey sell EOD. It is an insult to his person for his girl to dey drive EOD where the best of the best SUVs dey. Receive eyes to see better cars jare.

And VGC na for small small millionaires, abeg desire better houses for  choice area in Ikoyi jare, haba! You dont even know the personalty am introducing you to.  grin

inspired_m:

Chairman, I Owe you Big time !!!

Let me Know when you need that Range Rover, I go give you Massive Discount, Infact I go add Custom Plates Join for u.
wink   ABUJA OAM4J  cheesy

That is what am talking about, now I am happy, plenty people go dey envy me now  grin

I wan see the yeye security officer wey go interrogate me for aso rock gate when I enter with my Range Rover to see Mr President.  grin
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by manmustwac(m): 12:44am On Jan 04, 2012
Emeka 7.:

I am suggesting dat there should be a trash section on dis forum so dat any topic dat is opened in wrong sections can be transferred there by d moderotors
but only Seun § mukina2 can either send dose topics to d right sectns or entirely delete it from d forum.
There already is a section like that called the recycle bin. It's only visible to all the moderators who move spam and offensive topics there. Topics that are opened in the wrong section can be Moved to the correct section by mods. smiley
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by Emeka72(m): 3:11am On Jan 04, 2012
^ok
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by Odunnu: 9:37am On Jan 04, 2012
ifyalways:

The part in bold made me ROFLMAO like Kobojunkie. Reminded me of something from way way back!!!

You guys are still buying cars? Subsidy wahala no reach una?
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by antartica(m): 11:37am On Jan 06, 2012
Joke! Nairaland political moderators are as shortsighted and closeminded as nigerian politicians. They remind me of what it is like to be at the mercy of typical nigerians- cut throat desperation, If there is any thing like moderator of the year,it should rightly belong to culture section moderator,Mich,i think she knows what is up,she is relatively versatile.
Re: *~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! by olawalebabs(m): 11:58am On Jan 06, 2012
Where u dey when the votes were casts? Next year still dey. cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

NL Females: Which Body Will You Prefer To Have? And Guys Pick One! / Trailer Crushes Two Kids In Okpara, Delta State (Graphic Photos) / Habits That You Need To Stop In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.