Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Help! My Tyres Bounces On Acceleration - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! My Tyres Bounces On Acceleration (2198 Views)

ASWMA Vehicle Spotted With Two Of Its Tyres Missing (photos) / PHOTO: Fully Loaded Cement Truck Spotted Cruising At Lekki With Tyres Missing / Any Disadvantages For Rev A Car Up To 6000rpm Acceleration.... (2) (3) (4)

Help! My Tyres Bounces On Acceleration by Akintajuwa: 7:16am On Dec 08, 2011
Nairalanders, kindly let me have your solutions to my problem.
Anytime my Xterra 2003 model gets to a tarred road and i begin to accelerate (irrespective of the speed) all the tyres begin to bounce as if i am stepping on objects unlike a smooth glide which it should give.
I need your honest solutions to this unpleasant problem
Re: Help! My Tyres Bounces On Acceleration by halfcurrent(m): 8:07am On Dec 08, 2011
@poster, you need to do wheel balancing; i have experienced it before. just send the car to a good workshop for wheel balancing, and i believe it will be ok.
Re: Help! My Tyres Bounces On Acceleration by Akintajuwa: 10:03am On Dec 08, 2011
Honestly, it will be a thing of joy for me this xmas if this could be the only cause; will have it done immediately and give you a feedback; owe you something, though wink
Re: Help! My Tyres Bounces On Acceleration by zoogy2007: 10:57am On Dec 08, 2011
Replace your rear shock absorbers.
Re: Help! My Tyres Bounces On Acceleration by dandollar1: 7:08pm On Dec 08, 2011
[right][/right]
Re: Help! My Tyres Bounces On Acceleration by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 08, 2011
Akintajuwa:

Nairalanders, kindly let me have your solutions to my problem.
Anytime my Xterra 2003 model gets to a tarred road and i begin to accelerate (irrespective of the speed) all the tyres begin to bounce as if i am stepping on objects unlike a smooth glide which it should give.
I need your honest solutions to this unpleasant problem

Wheels with in-balance will manifest at certain speeds. In your case, it doesn't matter what speed you're doing. Worn dampers (shock absorbers) will cause your driven wheels to jump during acceleration. If you back off the gas, and coast, it will appear normal. Stamp on the gas to build up speed, and the jumping starts again. Very similar to "axle-tramp".

You're riding on your springs, with no damping effect whatsoever. I'd start with the rear dampers. They must be replaced as a pair, even if one seems okay.
Re: Help! My Tyres Bounces On Acceleration by Akintajuwa: 7:06am On Dec 09, 2011
Thanks my ever learned Nairalanders, your suggestions are seriously appreciated

Sick Road Race Audi R8 Vs Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R & Suzuki GSXR1 / £35k Volvo XC60 Is Officially The Safest Car Money Can Buy / Uber/taxify/oga Taxi Driver Needed

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9