Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? (12526 Views)

How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk / Save The Stress: Apply For The Uk Visa Anywhere In Nigeria / Pictures Of The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by nwabobo: 9:37pm On Dec 08, 2011
Experts in the house,

I need some advice on how to go about this one; I want to invite my girlfriend to the UK. She is currently a student in one of the Nigerian universities whil I'm resident in the Uk on a Tier 1 (general) HSMP visa. How do I go about it and what documents do I/we need to present to make the application water tight.

Many Thanks
Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by justwise(m): 11:36pm On Dec 08, 2011
nwabobo:

Experts in the house,

I need some advice on how to go about this one; I want to invite my girlfriend to the UK. She is currently a student in one of the Nigerian universities whil I'm resident in the Uk on a Tier 1 (general) HSMP visa. How do I go about it and what documents do I/we need to present to make the application water tight.

Many Thanks

Go through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-127964.0.html. many people have answered that question over and over again.
Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by Vicjustice: 10:27am On Dec 09, 2011
justwise:

Go through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-127964.0.html. many people have answered that question over and over again.
   Old boy, you wicked o, how you expect make the poor guy go through 4602 replies in a thread of 144 pages to find a tiny answer? Ha, that na life time task na, and before he go read all that finish, the girlfriend go don marry another man

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by justwise(m): 10:44am On Dec 09, 2011
Vicjustice:

Old boy, you wicked o, how you expect make the poor guy go through 4602 replies in a thread of 144 pages to find a tiny answer? Ha, that na life time task na, and before he go read all that finish, the girlfriend go don marry another man

grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by Vicjustice: 10:50am On Dec 09, 2011
nwabobo:

Experts in the house,

Many Thanks
  Actually, this question had been answered over and over, and over again, and it has somehow become boring to keep the repetition.
  Well, you can help yourself by visiting UKBA website (use google) and then check this link on how to write invitation letter:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-757271.0.html

[b]   Now, it's important to answer these questions:
[/b]How long have you been in the UK?
How long have you been in the relationship, any evidence of your correspondence?
When was the last time you saw each other and how often?
How do you support yourself?
Are you currently doing any job?
Does your bank statement have (up to 6 months) consistence record of income and savings?
Do you have any evidence to verify your commitment in your relationship with her?
What is your accommodation details like?

What is her age group?
Does she work?
If yes, how long has she been on her current job?
Does she earn impressive income?
Has she ever travelled abroad before?
What obligation does she have to return home for?
What would she be doing whilst in the UK?
Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by nwabobo: 1:35pm On Jan 01, 2012
Thanks Vicjustice for your response. Now to answer your questions,

How long have you been in the UK?     [b] I've been in the Uk for 3 years

How long have you been in a relationship, any evidence your correspondence?    Been in a relationship for about a year and six months. We talk o on phone everyday so, could print the call log

When was the last time you see each other and how often?      We saw each other last in March, 2011 and once before then

How do you support yourself?                  I work (am on HSMP tier 1 general)

Are you currently doing any job?           I have 2 jobs. One full-time, 35 hrs weekdays and d other, part-time 17 hrs weekends

Does your bank statement have (up to 6 months) consistence record of income and savings?   Yes, I also have money in my Naija account.

Do you have any evidence to verify your committed relationship with her?      Yes, pictures and I could also print out call logs.

What is your accommodation details?     I live in a room in a shared flat but do not have a personal tenancy agreement.

What is her age group?    She is 25

Does she work?               No, she is a final year student in the Uni, I want her to apply after her 1st semester

Does she earn impressive income?          No, she doesn't earn an income

Has she ever travelled abroad before?      No

What obligation does she have to return home for?    To complete her studies (she'll have just 1 semester to go)

What would she be doing whilst in the UK?     I'll take her for sight seeing and shopping. Would also visit places like Brighton and Cornwall as part of the vacation.
Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by worry246(m): 1:57pm On Jan 01, 2012
Two problems show up straight away.
Your accomodation "might" not meet approval with just a single room.
This could require booking hotel room.

Reason to return might not be very strong, try to get a letter from her school stating thet she will return to finish education.
Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by dancewith: 1:58pm On Jan 01, 2012
nwabobo:

How long have you been in a relationship, any evidence your correspondence?    Been in a relationship for about a year and six months. We talk o on phone everyday so, could print the call log

When was the last time you see each other and how often?      We saw each other last in March, 2011 and once before then

How do you support yourself?                  I work (am on HSMP tier 1 general)

Are you currently doing any job?           I have 2 jobs. One full-time, 35 hrs weekdays and d other, part-time 17 hrs weekends

Does your bank statement have (up to 6 months) consistence record of income and savings?   Yes, I also have money in my Naija account.

Do you have any evidence to verify your committed relationship with her?      Yes, pictures and I could also print out call logs.

What is your accommodation details?     I live in a room in a shared flat but do not have a personal tenancy agreement.

Does she work?               No, she is a final year student in the Uni, I want her to apply after her 1st semester

What obligation does she have to return home for?    To complete her studies (she'll have just 1 semester to go)

What would she be doing whilst in the UK?     I'll take her for sight seeing and shopping. Would also visit places like Brighton and Cornwall as part of the vacation.

send to her an IV along with a copy of visa
a detailed letter supporting her application. include most of the details you wrote above
a print out of the call logs
a letter from her HOD stating she is their students and her course and level of studies
your supporting bank documents, evidence of employment and payslips

Good luck
Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by nwabobo: 2:28pm On Jan 01, 2012
Thanks worry246 and dancewith

worry246:

Reason to return might not be very strong, try to get a letter from her school stating thet she will return to finish education.

My room is actually a double room but I'm thinking of making a hotel reservation to cover the period that she'll be around if that would help.
Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by PatKing(f): 2:51pm On Jan 01, 2012
nwabobo:

How long have you been in a relationship, any evidence your correspondence?    Been in a relationship for about a year and six months. We talk   o                                                                                                                                  on phone everyday so, could print the call log

add what justwise stated to the above and all is done.
can she get her last semester's statement of result, or transcript?
your accommodation should do. in your letter state you are the main sponsor of the trip, duration of stay(should rhyme with say summer time say long vac).
a friend of mine invited her sister, and it was this easy.
my then BF, now Hubby came like this.
dont over stress  your evidences outside BF/GF relationship,  this is first hand infor, cos Home Office called me to verify my BF claims.
goodluck not GEJ
Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by nwabobo: 3:00pm On Jan 01, 2012
PatKing:

add what justwise stated to the above and all is done.
can she get her last semester's statement of result, or transcript.
your accommodation should do. in your letter state you are the main sponsor of the trip.
a friend of mine invited her sister, and it was this easy.
my then BF, now Hubby came like this.
dont over stress your evidences outside BF/GF relationship, this is first hand infor, cos Home Office called me to verify my BF claims.
goodluck not GEJ

Thanks Patking.

In d absence of a tenancy agreement in my name, what other documents could I use as proof of address? Would my bank statement and credit card statement do?
Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by PatKing(f): 3:07pm On Jan 01, 2012
nwabobo:

Thanks Patking.

In d absence of a tenancy agreement in my name, what other documents could I use as proof of address? Would my bank statement and credit card statement do?

let the invitation letter originate from your residence not minding the tenancy agreement(as long as there is land line in the address, and the number can answer to your enquries) should they call, but in the introductory part, state where you work and contact numbers as well. BANK statement and credit card are perfect! you really dont have any problem.
thou some may have a different opinion to this sha,
Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by worry246(m): 3:38pm On Jan 01, 2012
Make sure girlfriend will know she is sharing your room shocked grin
If they contact her for confirmation cheesy
Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by nwabobo: 4:19pm On Jan 01, 2012
worry246:

Make sure girlfriend will know she is sharing your room shocked grin
If they contact her for confirmation cheesy

B4 nko, na ur room she go share? grin abi she no know why i dey invite her wink

Thanks sha, I will
Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by Vicjustice: 4:42pm On Jan 01, 2012
nwabobo:

My friend, this is enough reason for visa refusal; ideally, you do not have the authority to invite someone to reside in a house that you do not have the documented tenancy rights to.

nwabobo:

Unfortunately, many Nigerian students have demonstrated that schooling in Nigeria is not worth something to return home for, therefore, this might not be enough home obligation, but nevertheless, it may be as well be a good obligation depending on what she is studying and how she's doing well in the studies: for example, a 200 level Engineering student stands a better chance than a final year student of History.
Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by nwabobo: 4:52pm On Jan 01, 2012
Vicjustice:

My friend, this is enough reason for visa refusal; ideally, you do not have the authority to invite someone to reside in a house that you do not have the documented tenancy rights to.

Thanks for ur response above Vicjustice,

Do U reckon I book a hotel accommodation for the period which she would be around if I am not able to move to a place where I would get a tenancy agreement?
Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by Vicjustice: 5:00pm On Jan 01, 2012
worry246:

nwabobo:

Thanks for your response above Vicjustice,

Do U reckon I book a hotel accommodation for the period which she would be around if I am not able to move to a place where I would get a tenancy agreement?
   Absolutely NO. Do not book a hotel for your "girlfriend" to stay, she needs to stay with you as a partner in a valid and genuine relationship. And because, you are inviting her as her boyfriend, and she is applying for the visa as your girlfriend, booking a hotel would be a miscalculated step which may result in suspicion and eventually in visa refusal, that would be a wrong thing to do.
   Get yourself an accommodation with a tenancy agreement, and until that is achieved, do not apply for the visa
Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by nwabobo: 5:44pm On Jan 01, 2012
Vicjustice:

Absolutely NO. Do not book a hotel for your "girlfriend" to stay, she needs to stay with you as a partner in a valid and genuine relationship. And because, you are inviting her as her boyfriend, and she is applying for the visa as your girlfriend, booking a hotel would be a miscalculated step which may result in suspicion and eventually in visa refusal, that would be a wrong thing to do.
   Get yourself an accommodation with a tenancy agreement, and until that is achieved, do not apply for the visa

Thanks, I'm already planning to move to a new place b4 then. But when I said booking a hotel, I meant for both of us and not her alone.
Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by Vicjustice: 5:54pm On Jan 01, 2012
nwabobo:

Thanks, I'm already planning to move to a new place b4 then. But when I said booking a hotel, I meant for both of us and not her alone.
   Everyone knows that Boyfriend and Girlfriend relationship issue is supposed to be a home and family affair, so, booking a hotel is something odd and suspicious, booking a hotel would be ok if you're merely inviting a sex partner.
Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by DisGuy: 6:34pm On Jan 01, 2012
Vicjustice:

Everyone knows that Boyfriend and Girlfriend relationship issue is supposed to be a home and family affair, so, booking a hotel is something odd and suspicious, booking a hotel would be ok if you're merely inviting a sex partner.

I dont really agree with this, a girlfriend is just a girlfriend, the only reason why people are going overbaord is because f teh location, if applicants are other nationalities i dont think they will go to that extent of proving a relationship (girlfriend) with pictures and length of relation etc etc

If the tenant is sharing a two bed room flat with his friend or relative, i think that should be sufficient.
anyway i have no experience oo so i'll leave it t teh experts
Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by Vicjustice: 6:50pm On Jan 01, 2012
Dis Guy:

I dont really agree with this, a girlfriend is just  a girlfriend, the only reason why people are going overbaord is because f teh location, if applicants are other nationalities i dont think they will go to that extent of proving a relationship (girlfriend) with pictures and length of relation etc etc

If the tenant is sharing a two bed room flat with his friend or relative, i think that should be sufficient.
anyway i have no experience oo so i'll leave it t teh experts
   That's what you think, fair enough to think so. But if you are inviting a woman into a country, and you claim that the woman is your girlfriend, isn't the onus on you to prove your claim?
   And even if you're inviting an ordinary friend, you'd still be required to prove your friendship.
   Also, as for the accommodation details; the fact is, you would not be eligible to invite a person to reside in a house which you do not have any documented tenancy rights to; this is the regulation
Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by snowdrops(m): 10:38pm On Jan 01, 2012
When next the British High commission wants to recruit staff to its visa section, they should look no further than NL travel section. Some guys here know so much about the intricacies of UK immigration, its mind blowing. Weldone.

@topic
they have said it all. what you need now is luck particularly with the ECO who would deal with your application.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by nwabobo: 11:30pm On Feb 16, 2012
Thanks guys
Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by PatKing(f): 5:15am On Feb 18, 2012
She got it, I guess.
Congrats,
Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by chelseabmw(m): 8:46am On Feb 19, 2012
Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 26, 2012
Did she get it?
Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by nwabobo: 4:58pm On Feb 26, 2012
Wunmi10:

Did she get it?

She actually hasn't applied yet. Looking to apply sometime in April. Had to open this thread earlier so as to know what is needed.
Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by nwabobo: 6:52am On Jul 25, 2012
She finally got the visa after a second attempt.
Thanks to everyone.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by DisGuy: 2:40pm On Jul 25, 2012
nwabobo: She finally got the visa after a second attempt.
Thanks to everyone.

Nice

Mind sharing some few challenges and tips for other NL?
Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by PatKing(f): 5:55pm On Jul 25, 2012
Congrats
Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by Neil0072009(m): 9:35pm On Feb 17, 2017
nwabobo:

Thanks Patking.

please who will my friend in the UK send the invite letter too please need of help here
Re: How Do I Invite My Girlfriend To The Uk? by DisGuy: 1:12am On Feb 18, 2017
Neil0072009:
please who will my friend in the UK send the invite letter too please need of help here

your boyfriend? grin

the letter will be sent to the you, you will submit the letter as part of your application.

PS things don.change o. Tory party in government

(1) (2) (Reply)

Max Air Suspended By NCAA Over Safety Infractions / Majority Of Nigerians Living In Europe. / Odozor 20, Graduates As Youngest Licensed-Pilot With Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.