Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Mystics On Nairaland - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mystics On Nairaland (1185 Views)

Near Death Experiences – Where Science Can’t Go, Mystics Can / Are Indian Mystics Fake Or Real? / Why Do Mystics Like Classical Music? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mystics On Nairaland by Shaman: 11:53pm On Sep 27, 2007
Mystics on Nairaland

Fraternal greetings to all students of mysticism and those who are mystically inclined on our beloved Nairaland. May it please the cosmic to continue to guide us all to the light.

This thread is just an avenue for students of mysticism and those who are interested in mysticism to share their thoughts. It is up to you if you want to reveal your mystical affiliation. You are not required to but do feel free if you so desire.

All are welcome to ask questions, comments and opinions related to mysticism.

All members or aspiring members of all mystical orders and fraternities that are geared towards illumination and the love of God, nature and fellow human beings are most welcome.

Peace to all.
Re: Mystics On Nairaland by RichyBlacK(m): 5:08am On Sep 28, 2007
Thanks for this thread. I'm affiliated with a mystical society. A lot of people are very ignorant about mysticism and condemn what they do not understand.
Re: Mystics On Nairaland by cgift(m): 8:25am On Sep 28, 2007
RichyBlacK:

Thanks for this thread. I'm affiliated with a mystical society. A lot of people are very ignorant about mysticism and condemn what they do not understand.

Can you please tell us the 'tenets' of mysticism. May be w can start from there.
Re: Mystics On Nairaland by Shaman: 12:15pm On Sep 28, 2007
@ Cgift

Myticism symply attempts to pave the way for a more personal and intuitive union with the devine. It is not as strange or as cloudy as people tend to make it.

@RichyBlack

Yes, there's a lot of misrepresentation of what mysticism really is or who mystics are, misinformation s the other of the day, mostly due to fear or ignorance. But I didn't start this thread so that those of us who are mystically inckined can convince others, that is a choice for each to make. This is just an oppurtunity for us to share the beauty within our souls and where we can, to help answer sincere questions about mysticism.
Re: Mystics On Nairaland by RichyBlacK(m): 1:46pm On Sep 28, 2007
I'll like to know more about Sufism - a mystic tradition within Islam.
Re: Mystics On Nairaland by cgift(m): 6:01pm On Sep 28, 2007
Shaman:

@ Cgift

Myticism symply attempts to pave the way for a more personal and intuitive union with the devine. It is not as strange or as cloudy as people tend to make it.

My guy, i must tell you something: be careful many have gone. Do not delve into what you cant control. Let me tell you, what you have just put forward is so vague that you loose control as you do not have limits and appropriat guides as to how far you can go. You are obviously threading the paths of demonism.

That same definition and of course the most enjoyable of any divine relatonship is with Jesus Christ. The relationship you can have with Him is so plain and pure that you would have wished you knew him earlier. Give him a chance, and you will know that Jesus is good. He will help you control and fulfill that divine nature of yours in him. I mean you can flow extensively in the supernatural. All your quests for the divine is in the bible. It now depends how much of yourself you give to him for h says: John 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Many blessings.
Re: Mystics On Nairaland by Shaman: 6:24pm On Sep 28, 2007
@RichyBlack

I know little about Sufism. I am not a Sufist and would be glad if any one who is a Sufist or knows about Sufism would oblige us.

Meanwhile, would you guys like to talk about what led you to become a mystic or follow the mystical path?

For me, I guess there ways always a quest deep down and when I got tired of organised religion in 1993 and walked away, I basically did not know what I was looking for but knew I was unsatisfied with what i was getting.

It took 12 years to find my path and so began my quest. It has been awesome since then and greater illumination each day. My family is very christian and I'm cool with cool that and I know my father will have no qualms with my mystical affiliation when I finally tell him!

My loved one is in the know, though she's a chriatian.

So there's my story. Do tell us yours if you feel like.

Peace
Re: Mystics On Nairaland by Shaman: 6:30pm On Sep 28, 2007
@cgift

Have no fears bro, though I thank you for your concerns. Be rest-assured that I have not gotten myself into anything I can't handle. I do agree that there are possibilities of getting misleading info and direction; but if you're a true seeker you'll be led by God. Where true light shines, darkness has no place.
Re: Mystics On Nairaland by RichyBlacK(m): 7:34pm On Sep 28, 2007
Shaman:

@RichyBlack

I know little about Sufism. I am not a Sufist and would be glad if any one who is a Sufist or knows about Sufism would oblige us.

Meanwhile, would you guys like to talk about what led you to become a mystic or follow the mystical path?

For me, I guess there ways always a quest deep down and when I got tired of organised religion in 1993 and walked away, I basically did not know what I was looking for but knew I was unsatisfied with what i was getting.

It took 12 years to find my path and so began my quest. It has been awesome since then and greater illumination each day. My family is very christian and I'm cool with cool that and I know my father will have no qualms with my mystical affiliation when I finally tell him!

My loved one is in the know, though she's a chriatian.

So there's my story. Do tell us yours if you feel like.

Peace

I'm not sure exactly when I became a mystic, think it was a gradual process. I was born into a Christian home and I'm still a Christian. My being a student (of mysticism) is in perfect harmony with my belief in Christ's teachings. However, I do not take the old testament seriously anymore. Christ, in my view, is the ultimate mystic. I read books on Islam, Hinduism and Buddhism.

I see mysticism as standing on at least two legs - arts and science. My search is in unification. I seek unity instead of division. Mysticism tries to unify arts and science. My dad is a mystic but my mom is a strong Christian. They have lived happily together for 35 years! My dad goes to church sometimes but my mom has never gone to my dad's place of learning. I draw my theme of unity from their ability to live together happily despite having differing views on some aspects of life.
Re: Mystics On Nairaland by Shaman: 2:57pm On Sep 29, 2007
@RichyBlack

Nice insight. I also follow the teachings of Christ, knowing that interpretations of his saying go beyond what is commonly perceived.

I know of many mystic/Christian/Muslim union that have co-existed in perfect harmony. Like I said before, where true light shines, darkness has no place.

let's all keep sharing.

Peace.
Re: Mystics On Nairaland by jerrymania(m): 3:52pm On Sep 29, 2007
I was with the Rosicrucian Society some years back, not a light berarer or a full member but i learnt much from their monographs. I learnt the art of intuition and astral traveling. It was self fulfilling and i must confess i felt better then than now. There was nothing wrong. I just broke away because i lost contact with the Lodge.

I agree RichyBlack that Jesus Christ is the Greatest Mystic. But Christians wont understand. But Mysticism is not supposed to be fully understood.
Re: Mystics On Nairaland by krisbobo(m): 4:21pm On Sep 29, 2007
@jerrymania

There was nothing wrong. I just broke away because i lost contact with the Lodge.

It's interesting that you say you just broke away. The misconception amongst many is that such organisations never let you go the moment you join.

(1) (Reply)

Salvation - Matters Arising / Can Someone Explain Exekiel 23: 20 To Me: I Need To Explain It To 12yr Old / Religious People Please Answer This Very Simple Question?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.