Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Kaduna Auto Spare Part Dealers Down Tools Over Explosion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Auto Spare Part Dealers Down Tools Over Explosion (857 Views)

FUEL SCARCITY: NLC Threatens To Order Workers To Down Tools If… / Scarcity: Oil Marketers To Down Tools Over N291bn Debt / Panic At Pdp Secretariat Over Explosion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kaduna Auto Spare Part Dealers Down Tools Over Explosion by asha80(m): 1:47am On Dec 10, 2011
Kaduna auto spare part dealers down tools over explosion

PDFPrintE-mail

Written by - Friday, 09 December 2011 05:00
inShare
SocButtons plugin
6Share

Auto spare dealers across Kaduna metropolis yesterday locked up their shops in mourning over the death of their colleagues in the Wednesday explosion. The spare parts sellers are also insisting that the explosion was a bomb blast.

All auto spare parts dealer in the state metropolis, including Ori-Akpata, Jos road, locked up their shops. It was gathered that the closure was a result of the directive by the Kaduna State Automobile Spare Part Sellers Association.

Speaking to our correspondents, a spare parts seller, Mr. Kyrai Igwenagu said they locked their shops to mourn of their colleagues, who were killed in the explosion.

“The explosion was as a result of the bomb thrown by two men on a motorcycle. We closed our shops because our umbrella body ordered us to do so to mourn our departed colleagues. We will not open until further notice as we are watching the situation,” he said.

Speaking to our correspondent, an automobile electrician, Algali lamented over the closure of the shops, saying auto mechanics cannot work without spare parts.

“I have been going round, I can’t get a bulb for the car I’m working on. I’m not blaming them for closing their shops, but it has affected not only me, but many of my colleagues as well,” Algali said.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=149550:kaduna-auto-spare-part-dealers-down-tools-over-explosion&catid=1:news&Itemid=2

(1) (Reply)

Oil Subsidy Removal:my Plea / 29 Ships Trapped As Lagos Ports Remain Shut / Organized Private Sector/naccima Call On Nlc/tuc To Call Off Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.