Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank (1972 Views)

Top Google Searches By Nigerians 2015;Arsenal,Buhari,Diezani Arrest tops d list. / Anyone Has All Nigeria Local Governments In A Select Field? / The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by logicodex(m): 9:45am On Dec 10, 2011
Right now, Vanguardngr.com has finally taken over the number 1 spot as the most visited sites in Nigeria. It has a better global and local traffic ranking than Nairaland.

NL traffic ranking has been going down in recent time. It has left its #1,600 alexa ranking to over 1,880 and its chart is facing down meaning it is shielding weight gradually.

I have been wondering what could be causing this?
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by greenmouse(m): 2:49pm On Dec 10, 2011
I wish Seun all the best in turning back the hands of time
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by Ymodulus: 2:55pm On Dec 10, 2011
Seun cannot change that. Its in the prophecy. Nairaland will fall. For god sake seun has left this forum dummy lookin. Vanguard is d oda way round.
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by Seun(m): 3:36pm On Dec 10, 2011
I'm not surprised.
Things will get much worse before they get better.
And it's possible that things may never get better. Be prepared for that!
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by Afam4eva(m): 5:24pm On Dec 10, 2011
Seun:

I'm not surprised.
Things will get much worse before they get better.
And it's possible that things may never get better. Be prepared for that!

Things will get worse and get better only if measures are put in place in this effect. I've always wondered why Nairaland has remained a forum after all this years. By now we're supposed to be talking about nairaland blog, email, chat, social network etc.
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 10, 2011
I believe nairaland is in competition, and I saw the chart also.
With many new generation portals jumping out here and there, viral rss feeds, mobile applications delivering news to my phone, am not surprised the competitors are winning.
And surprisingly nairaland has loads of excellent programmers and developers that can. . .
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by Seun(m): 7:13pm On Dec 10, 2011
Every good thing comes to an end sooner or later, so I guess it's your turn to shine now. I'm good!
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by Seton(m): 7:41pm On Dec 10, 2011
Seun:

Every good thing comes to an end sooner or later, so I guess it's your turn to shine now. I'm good!

does this mean that NL is going, @Seun, if you don't have motivation to take higher, why not hand it over to guys who may want to take it higher
though a dream cannot be not come to past without the dreamer
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by Afam4eva(m): 7:47pm On Dec 10, 2011
I wouldn't mind taking over Nairaland.
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 10, 2011
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 10, 2011
he must have his reasons, will love to take over NL, so much can be done here. How i wish
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by iGuru1(m): 2:15pm On Dec 11, 2011
i like the way seun reason.
I believe he has plans and also can't compete in this modern world of technology. So if you feel you can do better, it might only take you six months 2 be among the top guns if you work hard.
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 11, 2011
If i take over nairaland, this is my algorithm:
1. Fire all my clients, return their money back and all that
2. Tell me relatives i am going on a vacation, and vanish for awhile. (i need 110% solitude)
3. I will analyze all my competitors, i will analyze foreign sites that are making it
4. Then i will restructure nairaland, make mobile applications, sms stuffs, and make it superdynamic.
5. In 1 month or less, i will regain back number 1 position

Next, i want to stay on top, so i will hire webgurus like:
webdezzi, qadrillo, afamever, omo
6. I will make nairaland a multi-language app as well

Then make more plans so that i can remain on top.
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by Ymodulus: 6:36pm On Dec 11, 2011
*dhtml:

Next, i want to stay on top, so i will hire webgurus like:
webdezzi, qadrillo, afamever, omo
6. I will make nairaland a multi-language app as well

Then make more plans so that i can remain on top.
where's my name dhtml? I no b guru?
Well dhtml spare seun all dis talk. Seun nairaland is goin to die. Its in d prophecy. Legends of all time. Only if he can make a change which seun is not willin too
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by Phate07(m): 7:09pm On Dec 11, 2011

Seun, why not make Nairaland more social? The ability to create groups, blogs, send and receive private messages should be able to increase engagement and traffic. And you might even increase your revenue by basing the new features on a subscription model.
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 11, 2011
^^all dese are what I wil do in that 1month. Ymod, you are a guru also, the gurus for nairaland plenty small.
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by Seun(m): 10:36pm On Dec 11, 2011
How do you know these brilliant ideas will work? What if they fail? What if they drive people away?
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by logicodex(m): 10:53pm On Dec 11, 2011
Phate07:

Seun, why not make Nairaland more social? The ability to create groups, blogs, send and receive private messages should be able to increase engagement and traffic. And you might even increase your revenue by basing the new features on a subscription model.

I think making Nairaland a social network or a blogging platform will kill the forum more.
I think what Nairaland can do is extend the forum reach through providing pluggable widgets for other sites. You can have a nairaland widget that streams the hottest issues or discussions right now in Nigeria so that several other portals and blogs can add it on their sites.

NL is not really utilizing its users power to connect. Its social circle is very poor. If you look at its fan base on facebook and twitter, you will wonder why it is so small given the number of active users on NL. NL needs to keep a facebook and twitter connect area on the website. This will skyrockets its social circle within 30days.

Also NL can impliment an opinion polls or votes technology that can be featured on the home page. I mean not just a link but an image enabled polls or votes system.
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by Slyr0x: 8:57am On Dec 12, 2011
The truth is, I feel Seun is so much contented with the way NL is now. .reason why he's failed to implement all the "brilliant plans" most of you have. . .Having rocked the "top charts" for years now, I believe he's ready to let a lil bit of all that go. .
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 12, 2011
Well, seun, I am just saying what I will do in all seriousness if I handle nairaland for real.
All the suggestions of all the above posters inclusive.
Again, how do we know the ideas will not work? I am. 120 percent sure they wil work - just saying. . .
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by Phate07(m): 9:23am On Dec 12, 2011
Seun:

How do you know these brilliant ideas will work? What if they fail? What if they drive people away?

The new features can always be implemented as a closed beta release, and only made available to beta testers.

Even Facebook is always evolving and always finding ways to increase engagement among its users. Its newest feature, the Facebook Timeline, was first made available to Facebook Apps Developers before being introduced to the average facebook user.

Nairaland can also use that model. Employ some talented programmers if the work is too much for you.
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by Phate07(m): 9:52am On Dec 12, 2011
*dhtml:

^^all dese are what I wil do in that 1month. Ymod, you are a guru also, the gurus for nairaland plenty small.

Seun is afraid of change, i dont he would entrust the management of nairaland to another.

logicodex:

I think making Nairaland a social network or a blogging platform will kill the forum more.
I think what Nairaland can do is extend the forum reach through providing pluggable widgets for other sites. You can have a nairaland widget that streams the hottest issues or discussions right now in Nigeria so that several other portals and blogs can add it on their sites.

NL is not really utilizing its users power to connect. Its social circle is very poor. If you look at its fan base on facebook and twitter, you will wonder why it is so small given the number of active users on NL. NL needs to keep a facebook and twitter connect area on the website. This will skyrockets its social circle within 30days.

Also NL can impliment an opinion polls or votes technology that can be featured on the home page. I mean not just a link but an image enabled polls or votes system.

More social features wont kill Nairaland. Do you know how powerful and authoritative a would be?
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 12, 2011
A good will send nairaland to number 1 in less than 1 month.
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by Ymodulus: 11:08am On Dec 12, 2011
Gbam u all just hit it. Seun it will work. Just like phate said. U first release beta testers den u release d main app. Blive me an api is 1 sure way to make nairaland go far. Even google, yahoo, aol and most internet giants u c out there embrace changes. Seun i will like to ask you how do u know nairaland will yield like it is today? I read an interview of you sayin you started web hosting and was not good u switched to forum. I saw your mobile forum which u later switched to nairaland. Seun if you have been tinkin all dose whille if dey will fail will you have started somthing? If you have the thought that nairaland will fail will you have open dis forum? If you have the thought nairalist will fail will you have opened it? Sure no. Nobody likes failure so pls stop dose negative tinkin and do somtin beta.
Disclaimer: i dont bliv nairalist failed. Seun made it too. Nairalist was d talk of d town especially where i stay.
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 12, 2011
In my community nairalist was more popular than nairaland to my surprise.
I always have a positive mindset about things, and I try to give it a good shot before I give up - and that is another thing - I hardly give up on things.
And that is why my favorite quote is : never say never, never say die. Similar to ; it is not over until it is over.
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by Seun(m): 12:29pm On Dec 12, 2011
Why don't you guys start your own forums and implement these ideas? If they work for you, I'll copy.
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by Phate07(m): 12:45pm On Dec 12, 2011

^^The false confidence of a man who thinks his position is unassailable and unattainable.

At this rate and with this attitude, Nairaland will probabely go the way of Nairalist.
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 12, 2011
^^^I have already started something on my site, how did you think my alexa ranking jumped to:
Alexa Traffic Rank: 283,391   Traffic Rank in NG: 461
in the space of about 1 month

[img]http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?&w=400&h=220&o=f&c=1&y=r&b=ffffff&n=666666&r=3m&u=.net&[/img]

And i am only just starting to get things together. This is phase 1 only of my entire plans.
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by deco2come: 12:57pm On Dec 12, 2011
Seun:

Why don't you guys start your own forums and implement these ideas? If they work for you, I'll copy.

Wow Wow Wow, I really like your response.

My fellow brothers and sisters, I think Seun is right. Most of the big companies implemented what they think others are not doing correctly and work on it. Take a look at Google, Facebook, Apple, etc. Another person you might consider is Markus Frind the found of plentyoffish. He made  $901,733.85 within two months through Adsense. He implemented some of the things other dating sites are not doing correctly and work on it. Before you know it, he is the top dating site in Canada and most countries in the world. The funny thing is he maintain such website alone until recently.

Now do your homework, write down what you think Seun isn't doing correctly, then go ahead and do it. Wish you guys the best

Anyway Seun, I would like to used the medium to beg you to unbanned this user "chrisvicch" He has been banned since Nigeria won their independent. Please my brother, pity the poor fellow and give him the privilege to post and reply to posts just like other users. He has learned his lessons the hard way. Thank you.
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 12, 2011
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 12, 2011
^^^Yeah, we are just trying to help our brother here, but no let us skip it, pirates code - every man for himself.
Okay boys, let us go and hit them with all we got, i am already upgrading my site as we speak, in fact i have been doing daily updates for the past 2 months.
And yes, i am not going "home" for this xmas, i will only eat some fried turkeys, and continue my updates and fixes. . . .
Re: Vanguard Finally Tops Nigeria Local & Global Traffic Rank by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 12, 2011

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gurusloaded.tk On Php Hoster / Are Blogs Better Than Books / Naija Adsense Available For Sale At 8k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.